Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540868 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3840 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:51 pm »

In a delightful birthday party...

Mark raises a valid concern with a timely note - he doesn't really have a mouth and, delightful though the cake may be, he can't eat it because of this sad, inescapable fact that you can't easily correct in any manner. What is nitrogen, anyway? Or phosphorous and potassium?

"Oh, don't be silly, little buddy! You don't eat that with your mouth! You just sink your roots into it and wait for physics to do the rest. Now, eat up. After all, plants can't live without their minerals!"

Something feels wrong about this. Probably the fact Bernie seems genuinely happy about something that isn't schadenfreude.

Yeah, that's pretty disturbing.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: April 02, 2013, 12:40:47 am »

run through the portal
soul magic doesn't change personality or opinions and bernie dislikes me so he must know something is bad about the cake
(I dont care if that cake gives me super powers I dont want to risk it. also when will the next chapter start (please not with my death))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: April 02, 2013, 01:02:52 am »

Hde.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: April 02, 2013, 04:02:14 am »

run through the portal
soul magic doesn't change personality or opinions and bernie dislikes me so he must know something is bad about the cake
(I dont care if that cake gives me super powers I dont want to risk it. also when will the next chapter start (please not with my death))
(( Bernie doesn't despise you, he's just indifferent, a bit rude, and often misunderstood. The Artiste, on the other hand, is above hatred.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:25 am »

In my experiences the cake is a lie

:P
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: April 02, 2013, 05:10:45 am »

run through the portal
(( Bernie doesn't despise you, he's just indifferent, a bit rude, and often misunderstood. The Artiste, on the other hand, is above hatred.))
((The Artiste is just a power-mad demon fugitive. I really don't see what's wrong here. I DO however know that a substantial part of the air is made out of nitrogen and that potassium kinda explodes when mixed with water. Phosphoros isn't all that healty either, I think. But hey, you're a plant, so all that may be different.))

E: ((Wikipedia tells us that plants are naturally pretty rich in potassium and that it thus won't kill you. Nitrogen won't kill you either.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:14:03 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:42 am »

so they are giving me a cake thats perfect for my plant body and I'm running because I'm paranoid
change action politle refuse the cake writing "I'll have it later after I get one of my experiments that escaped back then run into the portal.
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:38 am »

((Potassium is not really dangerous. In an episode the MythBusters tried to blow open a door with it and they just couldn't, they even used loads of the next alkali metal (rubidium) and the door remained locked. Or al least I think that it was what happened))
Short informative video on alkali metals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixxJtJPVXk potassium reaction at 1:44

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:27 am »

((Potassium is not really dangerous. In an episode the MythBusters tried to blow open a door with it and they just couldn't, they even used loads of the next alkali metal (rubidium) and the door remained locked. Or al least I think that it was what happened))
Short informative video on alkali metals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixxJtJPVXk potassium reaction at 1:44
((Still, do you want that minor amount of fireworks going on inside your mouth? Especially when you are in fact made of wood?))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: April 02, 2013, 08:49:31 am »

((Still, do you want that minor amount of fireworks going on inside your mouth? Especially when you are in fact made of wood?))

Rich in Potassium doesn't mean that it has pure Potassium in it. Only pure Potassium will explode. Stop the paranoia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: April 02, 2013, 09:33:22 am »

Inside the tower of the Artiste...

Mark, feeling something to be a bit wrong here, decides to write out a polite refusal to the cake.

I'll have it later after I get one of my experiments that escaped back.

The Artiste smiles widely and, moreover, sincerely.

"Oh, Mark, you never change. Don't dawdle too much, though. It took us a bit of time to make this cake, you understand."

"Yeah, I slaved over it for half a day. Come back soon, okay?"

"It is not a party without the guest of honor, after all."

Mark nods to the rest and quickly leaves through the portal, looking for Tom as he runs through the town.

Yet Tom is nowhere to be seen. What he can see, however, is a huge thunder lizard bearing down on the tower! Oh boy.

In a bloody square...

Darren, allowing primal instinct to take control, hides!

[Hiding roll: 5]

He leads the band over to a stone manor next to the square, finding it to be totally unlocked. When he gets in and the band shut the door behind themselves, they feel rather safe. After all, most of the people around are dead. It's only a matter of staying out of the way of the ones that aren't.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: April 02, 2013, 09:38:03 am »

Rich in Potassium doesn't mean that it has pure Potassium in it. Only pure Potassium will explode. Stop the paranoia!
It's a conspiracy!

But yes. It probably won't kill you... then again, why take a chance?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: April 02, 2013, 09:42:22 am »

run back in and write "Godzilla" and shaking it in there faces   
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: April 02, 2013, 09:54:08 am »

Outside the tower of the Artiste...

Mark writes a single word on some paper and runs back inside the tower. He brandishes the note dramatically and waves it in the faces of the people around.

"Godzilla!"

"Oh? What's that? Sounds goofy."

They don't seem to associate this word with anything. Hm.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: April 02, 2013, 09:57:23 am »

I didnt know about the nutrients a plant needed but still good to know now
"giant frikking lizard outside"
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 719