Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542852 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #4035 on: April 14, 2013, 05:06:00 am »

Inside the map room of the tower of the Artiste...

Mark looks around for a halberd in the tower. Predictably enough, there are no weapons or even metal objects anywhere around. Guess he'll have to ask nicely for it.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 2]

He bravely tries to express his need for polearms to the mages, but they don't seem to be paying any attention to him.

"So we have agreed. We leave now."

"How?"

"By submitting, of course."

The Artiste pokes his head out of a window.

"WE SUBMIT! YOU GUYS WIN!"

He comes back to the rest.

"Now we can leave. Evelyn, if you'd be so kind?"

[Evelyn magic roll: 3]

Evelyn waves her hands around, creating a slight shimmer in the air. Little else happens, however.

"Hm. That may be a problem. Try again, but do it better."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:39 am »

pray just pray to not die
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 14, 2013, 05:30:52 am »

In the map room of the Tower of the Artiste...

Mark prays to not die as a result of what might happen. As a result, he feels better now. Less likely to die, at any rate.

"I believe I know what the problem is."

Evelyn closes her eyes and nods her head a few times. She then outstretches her arms.

[Evelyn magic roll: 1+1]

Nothing happens, though.

"Come on, damn it. Stop messing around and do it already."

"Be patient. I would rather not kill us all by accident."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: April 14, 2013, 05:35:34 am »

((Poor Bernie. He never wins :c))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: April 14, 2013, 05:53:54 am »

ask the Artiste if he can help with the teleport using mind magic or joining the magic spells or anything he can think of
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: April 14, 2013, 09:15:18 am »

In the map room of the tower of the Artiste...

Mark tries to offer some helpful advice to the Artiste, utilizing his lack of knowledge about the latter's capabilities.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 2]

Unfortunately, he can't think of a way to express the term "mind magic" somewhat reasonably to the man. Hm. Meanwhile, Evelyn keeps on doing her thing.

[Evelyn magic roll: 2]

And still there is nothing at all happening. How dreadful.

"Are you always this awful at magic?"

"I do not see you helping."

"Negative reinforcement is helping! That's the way they taught me magic, anyway."

"That does explain a great many things."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18:24 am »

((Mark is now doomed. Anyone who can survive that many 'will check to avoid dying' rolls is going to die from slipping down the stairs or something.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:01 am »

((Yeah, he's probably has the record for surviving the most death-will-rolls))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:40 am »

I don't recall him getting that many rolls for that, actually. There was the illusion (two consecutive failed rolls, one successful roll), getting exploded (one successful roll), hurting the necromancer (one successful roll), the one after that (2 failed rolls, got saved by circumstance). What else? I think James had more will rolls than Mark, as have some others. Yorinnsud, for instance.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: April 14, 2013, 09:42:57 am »

((Hmm, true.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: April 14, 2013, 09:50:43 am »

I am about to die due to being teleported into a rock by an annoying ass\
wait and make my peace with the gods
My Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: April 14, 2013, 10:16:19 am »

I don't recall him getting that many rolls for that, actually. There was the illusion (two consecutive failed rolls, one successful roll), getting exploded (one successful roll), hurting the necromancer (one successful roll), the one after that (2 failed rolls, got saved by circumstance). What else? I think James had more will rolls than Mark, as have some others. Yorinnsud, for instance.
((and how many of them died in a stupid and anti-climatic fashion?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 14, 2013, 10:18:07 am »

((and how many of them died in a stupid and anti-climatic fashion?))
((:O))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: April 14, 2013, 10:28:39 am »

In the map room of the Artiste...

Mark grimly awaits his terrible fate in the room, having made peace with the gods already.

"Let me think. Ah. Maybe this might work."

[Evelyn magic roll: 2+1]

All this arm-waving has once again brought exactly zero results aside from some pretty lights. Ah, the wonders of incompetence.

"Evelyn, while your efforts are quite appreciated, I really would prefer if you did this today. There's only so much time we can spend on this."

"I have to admit, it is growing quite tiresome for me as well."

"Oh, maybe you need a cheering squad?"

"Be silent already."

"It would be a pretty fun idea, ya know."

"We could figure out a dance routine and everything."

Evelyn says nothing, only waving her arms in the air, this time slightly more impatiently.

[Evelyn magic roll: 6]

Her form begins to glow with a purple light that spreads throughout the room, bathing all within it in its brilliance. The Artiste smiles.

"How sad. I was hoping to see some cheering done."

"This should be more than enough to breach the barrier."

"Yes, quite. Let's go."

The Artiste lifts his arms, as do the other mages. The room shifts from purple to a bright white, and Mark hears the sound of rapid combustion as things go dark.

Moments later, Mark regains his sight, looking around. Looks like a set of ruins in the woods - houses, seems like.

"We should be out. But it does look like our choice of conduit could have been better."

"Indeed. This place is deserted."

"What do we do now, then?"

"We make camp. Meanwhile, Mark will look for the nearest road. You can do that, right, Mark?"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:33:27 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: April 14, 2013, 10:42:09 am »

look for a road after asking benie to raise some more PC undead already
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 719