Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542890 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5295 on: June 11, 2013, 10:37:26 am »

"And why are my plans among the most risky? Surely luring them to a large enough body of water to drown them in is more risky than burning whatever building they are inhabitating at the time."
Scott shall ask the captain for a boarding-axe, a harpoon and whether or not there is a barrel of pitch on board.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:52:45 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:00 am »

Sigmund replied to Scott:

-Because we can burn, but neither of us needs to breathe, so we can safely hold then underwater, By seting fire things we can hurt ourselves or destroy the ship. It's better to use things we can control.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: June 11, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »

((Water flasks? Are you gonna pull a Whipman on them?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: June 11, 2013, 12:12:07 pm »

My action of the turn:

Sigmund moves away from everyone else and practices using his arms as springs to rapidly stab people with his Guisarme from distance.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:39 pm »

((Water flasks? Are you gonna pull a Whipman on them?))
[...Possibly. I mean, it just needs to touch them. First idea is to get them to drink it, but if that doesn't work, well... There's always a backup.]

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: June 11, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »

Sigmund replied to Scott:

-Because we can burn, but neither of us needs to breathe, so we can safely hold then underwater, By seting fire things we can hurt ourselves or destroy the ship. It's better to use things we can control.
But that leaves us open to direct attack, setting a building on fire doesn't
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: June 11, 2013, 01:59:08 pm »

Sigmund was getting impatient. Pyromaniacs tended to end their own lives as fast as they did with others. He replied to Scott, his voice showing his lack of patience:

-Have you ever tried to swing a weapon underwater? Not only it renders blunt weapons useless, but is also removes most of the efficiency of slashing ones. Besides that, when I spoke of holding them, I meant to throw them, actually. If they are still wearing those armors, there is no chance for them to get out before they run out of breath. Maybe we can collapse some part of the port, or just tell our ghostly friend to push them. It's easier and more subtle that setting a building on flame.

((Are we discussing in character, or just elaborating plans?))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: June 11, 2013, 02:23:27 pm »

[Both, I imagine. Morton's free to talk with, but right now not much can be said until we pick a spot, locate the guards, and get the tea brewed. Personally I hope it doesn't come to either trying to drown them or burning them, if we're lucky the tea will do them in, or at least weaken them enough to take them down easily enough.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: June 11, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »

((There is always the safe way: telekinetically throw them so high that they crash into a bloody paste, but that's boring. About taking them out, my new weapon is perfect for them.))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: June 11, 2013, 02:31:56 pm »

Sigmund was getting impatient. Pyromaniacs tended to end their own lives as fast as they did with others. He replied to Scott, his voice showing his lack of patience:

-Have you ever tried to swing a weapon underwater? Not only it renders blunt weapons useless, but is also removes most of the efficiency of slashing ones. Besides that, when I spoke of holding them, I meant to throw them, actually. If they are still wearing those armors, there is no chance for them to get out before they run out of breath. Maybe we can collapse some part of the port, or just tell our ghostly friend to push them. It's easier and more subtle that setting a building on flame.

((Are we discussing in character, or just elaborating plans?))
((Former))
"I meant before they enter the water, during the whole attempt to lure them. They could easily find...heck, smell us and chop us to bits before you could say...'Hey, wanna go for a swim?'"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: June 11, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »

Sigmund spent a couple second thinking, and then realized that there were a sparkle of rationality in Scott's thoughts, he replied in a now calmer tone:

-That makes sense, I have to admit it. On the other hand, we can just ask the captain to help us in that. It is a nice alternative to consider, though. If you manage to make a sort of device able to set them on fire without reducing us to ashes, we could put that in practice. Otherwise, I'd rather not risk ourselves or the ship. And, well, about your smell, just have a bath, it won't hurt you.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: June 11, 2013, 03:18:55 pm »

Morton looked up from his rummaging and spot surveying. "I do believe I have a magnificent device that is able to start fires quite reliably. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but setting a fire shouldn't be a problem, Sir Sigmund and Sir Scott, although us evading it may perhaps be another issue..."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: June 11, 2013, 03:31:27 pm »

Finally there were good news, Sigmund thought. He said to Morton:

-So, we have the means to start a fire, but for what I see we lack both the means to spread it to those bastards, and to control it, it seems. While I don't know what can we use to do the first one, we can use the abundancy of water in the sea for the second.

He then turned o Scott:

So, Scott, would you like to go find a kind of flammable substance? As you were the one who had the idea, I guess that you already have any ideas about what can be used for that, right?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: June 11, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »

[I've been trying to imagine what Morton looks like. I can only imagine Two-face, with the burned side everywhere however. ...Oh my that's an unsettling thought.]

"I do insist that if fire is to be used, we must take caution around it. I'd rather not have my second chance taken away from me in such a fate. I can thoroughly promise you, you feel it for much longer than people lead you to believe." Morton said darkly, going back to counting water flasks and scouting the surroundings.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: June 11, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

Finally there were good news, Sigmund thought. He said to Morton:

-So, we have the means to start a fire, but for what I see we lack both the means to spread it to those bastards, and to control it, it seems. While I don't know what can we use to do the first one, we can use the abundancy of water in the sea for the second.

He then turned o Scott:

So, Scott, would you like to go find a kind of flammable substance? As you were the one who had the idea, I guess that you already have any ideas about what can be used for that, right?
Either Pitch or naphtha.
Pitch is common, as it is used to caulk up ships. Naphtha is a bit rarer, as it comes from deep wells that rarely reach the surface.
Put a load of either in a clay jay and put in a rag. You just need to light the rag and throw it and you'll end up with a fire that water cannot put out unless it's a constant or overwhelming source.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 719