Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542954 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6495 on: August 15, 2013, 12:07:29 pm »

((I don't mind either))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: August 15, 2013, 01:23:32 pm »

"So when you die, there's markings of how you died on your ghost body? I honestly did not know that... Makes sense though. Hey, should I be scared heading down there? Karina told me that things weren't quite sunshine and cotton candy, but I'm going to want multiple opinions."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: August 15, 2013, 02:05:03 pm »

On the outskirts of the City of the Dead...

Darren is a bit intrigued by the info he's obtained just now.

"So when you die, there's markings of how you died on your ghost body? I honestly did not know that... makes sense. though. Hey, should I be scared heading down there? Karina told me that things weren't quite sunshine and cotton candy, but I'm going to want multiple opinions."

"I'm... not sure, to be honest. Most of the people here don't really have any interest in harming you, but I hear some people have... tempers, if you know what I mean. Like Stephen over there, and all the other weird ones. Be careful not to set them off, unless you know exactly what you're doing."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: August 15, 2013, 02:56:51 pm »

[...DAMMIT! I knew I was forgetting something, for some reason I saw the green writing in your post and assumed a few pages back on the bottom and assumed it was one of my posts. I blame sleep deprivation, sorry Harry.]

"Hm, how strange. Ah well, it isn't any harm, I can make do without, shouldn't be too hard. I thank you again good Tailor Craig, now if you excuse me..." Morton said as he made his way into the kitchen. Once there, he'll try to find a flat metallic surface and attempt to polish it so that it may cast a reflection, failing that a wide container filled with water that he may use to garner reflections. Even failing that though, he'll just do a general wipe down of himself to make sure that there are no unsightly rings.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: August 15, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

Sigmund kept trying to convince the guard:

-Yes, I think I hear him planning to get rid one of his rival booksellers. Please, we have to go and warn him!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: August 16, 2013, 02:04:15 am »

Scott will mutter "Why couldn't we have just picked the damn lock, this is attracting too much attention, the guards now know a face to report to the city-guards."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: August 16, 2013, 04:08:06 am »

"Shuddup. We'll be long gone by time they've had a chance to report us."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: August 16, 2013, 05:03:40 am »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, slightly disappointed at the lack of mirrors, thanks his good buddy Tailor Craig.

"Hm, how strange. Ah well, it isn't any harm, I can make do without, shouldn't be too hard. I thank you again, good Tailor Craig, now if you excuse me..." he says, heading over to the kitchen, where he finds a shiny black surface - a wall! The entire kitchen is a shiny black, though you can't really see your own reflection in it. Morton hopes to correct that.

After a minute or five of furious polishing, he finds himself to be successful! The wall is now rather wonderfully reflective, whereupon Morton notices the rings on his surface. Gah, how infuriatingly improper! Time to get rid of them!

[Self-cleaning roll: 6]

He cleans his surface with a fury that only a practiced butler could possibly muster, and soon finds that he has achieved a rather interesting effect! His surface, formerly a rather matte-looking affair, is now also rather wonderfully reflective. And there's no rings. All in all, wondrous things have been achieved.

Outside a house of guards...

Sigmund goes ahead and commences the next part of his persuasion attempt.

"Yes, I think I hear him planning to get rid one of his rival booksellers. Please, we have to go and warn him!"

The six-armed guard stares at Sigmund for a moment, then disappears from the window frame. A few minutes later, the other guard, looking rather sleepy, appears in his place.

"Erm, my friend here wants me to ask you something. It's not like we don't trust you, though we really don't, what with you being one of our undesirables, but before we disturb our kind and gracious employer, tell me and my friend a few things. So, you saw Wallyn?"

Scott and Kevin, meanwhile, grumble at each other from the alley, not really sure what's taking so long.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:59:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:53 am »

Sigmund answered the talkative guard:

-First, I apologize again for what happened with those mushrooms. If it makes you feel better, I almost lost both my legs due to it. Second, yes, I've been to Wallyn's shop. I came up there because, well, I was looking for an alternative to Brenwicke's, I have to admit. But I did not expect to find him discussing with a city guard. Wallyn was giving him a bag of some kind, and for its weight I can only presume they were coins. He never mentioned Brenwicke's name, but as I don't know any other shop in this city, I came to warn you. He was telling the city guard that the shop's guards, that I presume were you, had been a liability in destroying the shop, and that despite his attempts at luring you to him, they weren't going to be enough. I think he said something about a broken window. So he thought that, on the other hand, taking out the shopkeeper would be way easier.  And then he glanced at me, and as by that time I was just staring at what he said, I pretended to not have heard anything and left the place.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:23 am »

Outside the house of guards...

Sigmund goes on to explain more about what he has apparently seen.

"First, I apologize again for what happened with those mushrooms. If it makes you feel better, I almost lost both my legs due to it. Second, yes, I've been to Wallyn's shop. I came up there because, well, I was looking for an alternative to Brenwicke's, I have to admit. But I did not expect to find him discussing with a city guard. Wallyn was giving him a bag of some kind, and for its weight I can only presume they were coins. He never mentioned Brenwicke's name, but as I don't know any other shop in this city, I came to warn you. He was telling the city guard that the shop's guards, that I presume were you, had been a liability in destroying the shop, and that despite his attempts at luring you to him, they weren't going to be enough. I think he said something about a broken window. So he thought that, on the other hand, taking out the shopkeeper would be way easier.  And then he glanced at me, and as by that time I was just staring at what he said, I pretended to not have heard anything and left the place."

The guard takes a moment to yawn, then answers, standing up and not leaning out of the window anymore.

"That's all very interesting, but I have another question. Two, actually. What does Wallyn look like, and where is his shop?"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:59:43 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:11 am »

Sigmund tried to look perplexed for a moment, then answered:

-Well, I think that he was slightly above average in height, or at least considering my height as something not average. He had short hair, and, I don't know, there was something in his face, something wicked when he smiled. There is something about him that is not right, yet I can't describe what it is, or maybe it was just a hunch I had. Well, because of that it's why I came here in the first place. And his shop is an alley with a funny name. It was... the Alley of the Silent Shouts, wait, Screams I think it was. Seriously, who names those places?

((I hate the RNG. And the guards probably know that I'm lying. Shit. Well, prepare to fight, or run. Luckily, it's night, so I think I can run))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: August 16, 2013, 07:50:50 am »

Outside the house of guards...

Sigmund tries to hang onto his lie as hard as possible, beyond reason.

"Well, I think that he was slightly above average in height, or at least considering my height as something not average. He had short hair, and, I don't know, there was something in his face, something wicked when he smiled. There is something about him that is not right, yet I can't describe what it is, or maybe it was just a hunch I had. Well, because of that it's why I came here in the first place. And his shop is an alley with a funny name. It was... the Alley of the Silent Shouts, wait, Screams I think it was. Seriously, who names those places?"

"Actually, that's entirely correct!"

"What, really?"

"Nah, not really. And it's the Alley of Muffled Screams. Good effort, though. So, what's your deal, anyway?"

He doesn't seem overtly hostile to Sigmund, if a bit guarded in his manner.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: August 16, 2013, 08:05:39 am »

((Ok. That's a sensible way to do things. I tried to not give all the information, because that would seems suspicious, too. Anyway, I thought of the urn as a mockery more than a kind gesture, actually. And I also considered the comment of Brenwicke that said that Wallyn had no respect for human life. Well, a system where player cleverness is rewarded would be way better than a chancy one.))

-Oh, well, screw everything. Sorry to wake you up.

Go to the alley where the rest are.

-Shit failed. So, if you decide to engage in open combat it's up to you. I can try to burn down the place, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: August 16, 2013, 08:46:00 am »

"Burn their house down?" With the lemons?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:48:57 am by miauw62 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: August 16, 2013, 08:47:25 am »

Sigmund smiled as he produced his magical lighter from his pocket:

-Yes, Morton gave this to me. It can produce flames!
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 719