Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542820 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6630 on: August 23, 2013, 12:32:54 pm »

((If Sigmund comes alive after this, the reunion will be hilarious. I imagine everybody with a hongover and a weird cristaline woman who we don't know who she? He? is. He will stay away from the Artiste, just in case he is in a playful manner))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: August 23, 2013, 12:46:18 pm »

[I'm rooting for you guys, you guys gotta pull out all the stops. What you gotta wonder is this though, you're both attacking just one guard. Where's the other? Ah, he rolled outside the shop. Hm... That may be bad. You guys may want to scram before he gets help.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

((Or burn the store with the "help" inside fo it? I've been also thinking about that. If we manage to kill this guard, I think that Scott, armed with the guisarme and the fallen guard's armor should be pretty unstoppable. Or at least a good distraction while I shoot the heck out of everybody))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: August 23, 2013, 01:32:52 pm »

((Chaged my turn to smashing mushroom against  his bare skin))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: August 23, 2013, 02:06:56 pm »

((Good, as he is holding you, it should be easy to touch him. ntil now I have been the one to give orders to the currently away players, bt you can also do it. I just made good use of he fact that my character is not engaging the guard in direct combat, so he can give orders))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: August 23, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

In the back room of Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, observing the course of battle, gives more orders.

"Now he is distracted! Kevin, this is your chance now! And Niklas, be sure to hit him now."

Kevin and Niklas gladly oblige!

[Trip: Kevin vs. Six-Armed Guard: 6+1 vs. 5]

Kevin immediately uses the guisarme's hook to try and make the guard lose his footing, and he succeeds in pulling one of his feet away!

[Six-Armed Guard balance roll: 2]

The guard falls backwards, dropping the harpoon that holds Scott. This opens him up for an attack by Niklas.

[Niklas vs. Six-Armed Guard: 6 vs. 1-1]

He punches the guard a great many times, giving most of his torso a slightly pulpy consistency after some time spent at this. He is rather put off by the sound of nothing breaking, but what can you do.

Scott, supposing this is his chance, slips off the harpoon, picks out his mushroom, unwraps it from its rag and pushes it up against the guy. Immediately, a rather awful blackness begins to spread along his fleshy bits. How terribly awful this must feel for him.

Sigmund, supposing the work here is done, runs over to the actual store section of the place, the one with the books. Hm. What to do now.

Back in back room, though, Scott is slightly surprised at what happens next. Namely, the fact that the guy still seems to be moving just fine. And rather dissatisfied with these recent turns of events.

[Grapple: Six-Armed Guard vs. Scott: 5+2-1 vs. 3]

Squeezing Scott with three arms while pushing himself backwards with the other three, the six-armed guard gets up. This is mildly disheartening, not to mention it exposes Scott's soft underbelly to what is now a rather squished mushroom mixed with semi-liquefied semi-flesh. Scott feels a mildly terrifying numbness spread along his torso as this happens.

The man turns to the two others present, brandishing his sword. Kevin and Niklas would reciprocate with an equally heroic pose, but they're a bit distracted by something Scott can't really see - where a lot of the flesh of the man has been punched away, they observe a silvery glint of some kind.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton continues his conversation with Tailor Craig for one moment more.

"And by demon of difficult questions, do you perhaps mean one which asks such questions, or answers such? I can't help but imagine the former being quite the introspective experience, while the latter rather being of the useful sort."

"Both of those, actually. One's more expensive than the other, though."

He then looks back at the vomit. That is a pretty huge puddle.

"Oh my... good sir Captain, is there perhaps a mop on deck of which I may clean this later? Never mind that now, I suppose though, we should get her back to her room for rest first. Second time's the charm, no? Hm... I don't believe she may be stable enough to walk, judging by what happened a short while ago, help me set her on top of me. I doubt she'll give me trouble carrying her with my physiology, four legs makes for a stable gait after all."

"VERY WELL! Let's TRY AGAIN!"

[Captain telekinesis roll: 3+1]

The Captain lifts the retching Erin off the ground and places her on Morton's surface. Erin seems quite confused.

"Who keeps lifting me... stop that!"

"RELAX, DEAR!" the Captain hollers in a not at all relaxing tone. "You'll be in your ROOM VERY SOON!"

"Erm... alright... I guess..."

Morton finds that he has little trouble carrying the transmuter. The captain was right - she certainly is lighter than she might appear from her stumbling.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: August 23, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

((Aaaaaalright. He won't die from natural causes. We have to maim him to death. Fortunately, this means that I won't die either, which is good, to a certain extent))

Sigmund shouted yet again as he looked for a cheap and flammable book:

-Keep him on the floor, and, I don't know, break his arms!

Sigmund grabs a flammable book, stabs it with one of his harpoons and lits it in fire, then walks towards the guard, hoping for the smoke to distract him. He will also remember that he doesn't need to breathe, so he won't inhale the smoke

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: August 23, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »

Scott will rip the harpoon out of himself and will stab the man in the face/garotte him with his own intestines.

"What are you? A mechanical abomination!? At least have the decency to be some sort of semi-natural phenomena like us!"

Edit: Grammar.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:06:08 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:57 pm »

((If everything fails, I can make the mushrooms inside him grow and consume him. That would be an epic death. But we would probably lose the already mangled armor (I don't think that mail suffers much from crushin attacks, anyway)))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: August 23, 2013, 05:22:54 pm »

Scott will rip the harpoon out of himself and will stab the man in the face/garotte him with his own intestines.

"What are you? A mechanical abomination!? At least have the decency to be some sort of semi-natural phenomena like us!"

Several problems here, buddy. Firstly, you're already off the harpoon - it's lying around on the ground nearby. Secondly, your arms are a bit pinned in what resembles a bear hug (I might not have been exactly clear on that, so I apologize). Thirdly, obtaining your own intestines will take a bit of effort, and fourthly, the six-armed guy doesn't have any intestines that you can find or have seen.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: August 23, 2013, 05:29:45 pm »

((With a bit of luck, Kevin will make him fall. Well, the +1 bonus helps, a little bit. Anyway, Scott's legs are free to make him uncomfortable! Not that kicking him in the groing is likely to have any effect. Maybe he can try to make him lose balance and help Kevin? I don't know, fighting armored targets which can't die by puncturing1 wound is a tad complicated. 1- If our characters only knew that he has that weird weak spot...))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: August 23, 2013, 06:22:25 pm »

[Whew things don't look good. Best of luck guys, you might need it. Worse comes to worse, send someone to distract him while the others run to snag those books, then book it outta there. Also, who knows guys, maybe the rubber wyvern will save the day! ...Probably not, but it's a thought. I do wonder what happened to it though. ...At least, I think it was a wyvern. It might of been a dragon or some such.]

"Indeed, as good Sir Captain said, you will be in your room shortly." Morton tried to calm Erin a bit as he made his way to where he believes her room would be. "All you need is a bit of rest, and you'll be back in tip top shape good Mage Erin." The desk continued as he pondered if he knew of any tea recipes for dealing with hangovers.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: August 23, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

"You wrote some books? Thought you were smart, but that proves it. What got you so interested in stuff like that anyway?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: August 24, 2013, 02:24:33 am »

Several problems here, buddy. Firstly, you're already off the harpoon - it's lying around on the ground nearby. Secondly, your arms are a bit pinned in what resembles a bear hug (I might not have been exactly clear on that, so I apologize). Thirdly, obtaining your own intestines will take a bit of effort, and fourthly, the six-armed guy doesn't have any intestines that you can find or have seen.

Well huh, I guess I was too tired to read last night.
Scott will attempt to break the hold, distracting the beast with kicks to the torso and or face.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: August 24, 2013, 05:21:35 am »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund looks around for some kind of book he could set on fire, picking up a volume titled "I Was Too Afraid To Ask", quite a thick book to be sure.

"Keep him on the floor, and, I don't know, break his arms!"

He then stabs the book with his harpoon and sets it on fire. The book responds by suddenly combusting with nearly explosive rapidity!

[Sigmund dodge roll: 2]

Sigmund then discovers that his breeches are somewhat flammable!

[Store non-flammability roll: 5]

Luckily, though, the rest of the scraps just land on the floor, smoldering away without setting anything else on fire.

[Sigmund self-extinguishing roll: 1]

As the flames rapidly spread, Sigmund feels a panicked scream bubbling inside him as he runs right into the back room. He bounces right into Kevin, who isn't overly bothered or even set on fire, strangely enough, then into Scott and the guard!

[Scott non-flammability roll: 2]
[Guard non-flammability roll: 5]

This has the unfortunate effect of setting Scott on fire in addition to all his previous troubles. The guard, however, appears to be impeccably non-flammable. Damn him and his inordinately useful makeover!

[Scott endurance roll: 4]

Scott yells as the flames spread along his back, trying furiously to get free!

[Grapple: Scott vs. Six-Armed Guard: 2 vs. 5+1]

As he tries vainly to kick his way out, the guard tightens his grip, giving the hug Scott's receiving a decidedly more unpleasant character!

[Scott endurance roll: 5]

Man, is he glad he doesn't need to breathe. He is, however, glad to notice that the mushroom appears to be having quite an effect on the six-armed guard - black veinlike lines appear to be spreading all over his body, going up to his face, even. He stumbles, slumping up against the wall and letting go of Scott as the world appears to spin away from him rapidly.

Kevin sees this as an admission of weakness, and charges at the man!

[Trip: Kevin vs. Six-Armed Guard: 5+1 vs. 2-1]

The guard is totally unprepared for an attack right now, and is easily sent to the ground by the guisarme-wielding jester. Niklas, supposing that the arm-breaking can now commence, walks up to the guard.

[Called Shot: Niklas vs. Six-Armed Guard: 5-1 vs. 2-1-1]

He winds up a mighty punch, then smashes one of his chair-hands right into the man's right upper elbow, which holds his sword! The joint is entirely smashed, and the arm releases the sword, which falls to the ground!

[Sigmund endurance roll: 3]

Sigmund, meanwhile, spends his time screaming bloody murder as he runs in circles, being all on fire and whatnot. That looks like it'll be difficult to extinguish.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton tries to reassure the somewhat infirm Erin that everything's going to be alright.

"Indeed, as good Sir Captain said, you will be in your room shortly."

"Yeah..."

He walks down the stairs over to the crew quarters and looks around for Erin's quarters. Fortunately, she proves helpful in that respect - looks like she's not completely out of it.

The quarters look a bit bare - there's a bed, a chest and an end table, but that's pretty much it. Morton takes a moment to think about how exactly to remove her now that she's on top of him. He could just roll her off, or perhaps lift her and gently put her down if he's feeling very gentlemanly.

"All you need is a bit of rest, and you'll be back in tip top shape, good Mage Erin."

"Ugh... wha?"

He also wonders if he knows any tea that'd help with a hangover. He supposes he does - it requires a good deal of nightshade, though.

In the streets of the City of the Dead...

Darren is a bit humbled to be in the presence of an actual author, floating head though she may be.

"You wrote some books? Thought you were smart, but that proves it. What got you so interested in stuff like that anyway?"

"Well, it's kind of difficult to explain, but... I like knowing a place, the why and how of things. I also like to investigate, to find out how everything fits together. And history is all a great mystery, you know. Most people know bits and pieces and have only little mementos of things gone by. And what I do is find out what they know and what they have, and piece it all together. It's great fun once you get into it."

She pauses, then looks into the distance, bobbing her head in an indicative fashion.

"Over there used to be the city hall," she says, pointing out a giant pile of rubble that part of the ceiling seems to have collapsed upon. "The poor mayor still haunts the place. Listen," she explains. At this point, Darren notices a rather loud wailing coming from the ruins. In fact, it sounds like it is also joined by a whole lot of weaker voices as well. "I think that's how he makes speeches now."
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 719