Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542711 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6660 on: August 25, 2013, 10:00:35 am »

((Ok, let's see how can we get out of this. If my action suceeds, we will probably kill that blue freak and have many mushrooms to use against the guards. Maybe we can impregnate all our weapons with the mushrooms and hope for low endurance rolls on their part. Meanwhile, I think that we should gain access to the upper floor, and let all the mushrooms in the lower floor. Luckily, someone will touch them and die. Shit, this is going bad))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: August 25, 2013, 10:32:29 am »

Kevin tries to down the guard again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:12 am »

"Yeah, and with a platform with that, he's certainly got my vote."
Darren glances around.
"So where, if you were me, would you be looking for the crown? You said something about the deep dwellers, so just poke around there a little?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: August 25, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »

With that done, Morton will return to the deck after closing Erin's door slowly to try and not make a noise to let her rest. First order of business: find something to clean that horrible pile of vomit with. The desk sighed, a butler's job is never done it seems.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: August 25, 2013, 06:11:05 pm »

In the back room of Brenwicke's Books...

Kevin thinks about the situation at hand, and instantly comes to a reasonably apt description.

"Well, fuck."

Sigmund would say something as well, but he's too busy enacting a madcap scheme.

[Proper use of flaming bolts roll: 1]

He tries to set a bolt on fire, and it kinda works! It works really well! Making sure that the fire's not going out, he loads it into the crossbow carefully.

The crossbow is now on fire, Sigmund notes. This may or may not be good. He aims the thing at the six-armed guard and fires!

The bolt, being rather burnt, doesn't take too well to getting fired. Due to being on fire. And due to the crossbow being on fire. Guess that might not have been the best idea.

[Sigmund vs. Six-Armed Guard: 4+1-1-1 vs. 3+2-1]

Something seems to have gone terribly wrong, Sigmund deduces. Maybe he let the bolt burn too long before firing. Maybe it's the fact that the crossbow's currently on fire and it's difficult to properly aim it as a result. The bolt misses, though he has to admit it was a pretty close thing even as he juggles the crossbow like a hot potato.

Well, at least the crossbow seems to be in fairly decent condition, considering it's been on fire for a good minute. Hm.

Scott decides that he needs to pin this guy. So he picks up a harpoon and moves to attack the guy.

[Pin: Scott vs. Six-Armed Guard: 2 vs. 1+2+1-1]

As Scott moves to attack the guard, he finds his harpoon swatted away as the guard flails at him until he decides to take his business elsewhere.

Finally, Kevin, supposing that things were better when the guard wasn't so dang upright, tries to trip him up again!

[Trip: Kevin vs. Six-Armed Guard: 5 vs. 5+1]

However, just like Scott, he backs off from his leg-sweeping ambitions when the tip of the guisarme flashes menacingly about ten centimeters from his head.

The guard, noticing things going rather well for him right now, decides to back right off, heading out the back entrance, leaving the burglars-to-be in a room with one guisarme less and one flaming crossbow more than what they started out with. Once the guard is out, the voice of his companion rings out again to Sigmund, who can hear every word all too clearly.

"What- oh, thank the gods you're alive, bud! I was afraid they'd gotten you, the way you were lying there a moment. Oh shit, they sure did a number on your arm."

There is a moment of silence.

"Oh, they still had that mushroom crap on them? Damn, but that stuff was nasty. You alright?"

Another moment of silence.

"Gods-damned bastards. We gotta-oh, what? Oh, right, keep my voice down. Sorry, got excited."

His voice sinks to a murmur, and is now quite difficult to make out without edging dangerously close to the door.

In the City of the Dead...

Darren is quite interested in all this town stuff, yes, but he also thinks he's got stuff to do here.

"Yeah, and with a platform with that, he's certainly got my vote."

"Aw, don't make fun of the poor guy. I think he was the hardest hit of all when this city went under. It was his city, after all."

Darren, in dire need of a new line of questioning, goes ahead and asks Danielle about his mission.

"So where, if you were me, would you be looking for the crown? You said something about the deep dwellers, so just poke around there a little?"

"Well, the very deepest you can go is the engineer catacombs - they ran out of space in their walled enclave to store their dead, so they decided to dig downward, and these are only rumors, sure, but I hear they go deep. Really deep. But to get there, I guess you need to go through the engineer quarter - and you can find that through one of the engineer gates - like that one over there," she indicates toward a place down the street. Darren isn't quite sure what exactly he's seeing, but it's certainly something large. And metallic.

"But they don't let us through - we're not supposed to wander in there. They've got machines - enchanted ones. And those can kill us just as well as they can mortals. And I don't see why they would just let you through peacefully, either," she explains. Darren thinks that if she could, she would shrug apologetically.

In Erin's quarters...

Morton, having laid Erin to rest, exits the quarters as quietly as a desk can, which is not very, and looks for something useful in cleaning up vomit. He returns to the deck, only to find a scene quite similar to how he left it. Art's still talking to Evelyn and the Artiste, and Tailor Craig and the Captain are still at the puddle of vomit. And Morton doesn't see anything like a mop anywhere.

"I CAN DO IT!"

"It's a liquid. It will be quite difficult."

"Oh, PISH POSH. How HARD can it BE? Just a little CONCENTRATION is what I NEED!"

The Captain bugs out his eyes, adopting a very intense, mysterious posture as he eyes the puddle of stomach contents.

"Okay, maybe not THAT level of CONCENTRATION, but WATCH!"

[Captain telekinesis roll: 5+1-1]

The vomit collects into a single, large glob that rises significantly from the ground, forming a rather impressive, if still pretty disgusting vomit-sphere. The Captain grins widely as he, with a gentle hand gesture, makes it pass over the railing until it is a significant distance from the ship and well into the bay, then releases his hold. The vomit-sphere then loses cohesion, becoming a chaotic morass of unexpected emesis once more, dropping into the sea harmlessly.

"SEE? You SEE?"

"Oh yes, most impressive, Captain. Certainly the mark of a highly skilled mage-hand at the very least," Tailor Craig says, applauding with his claw-hands.

"Thank you, THANK YOU. You're TOO kind," the Captain says, beaming more expressively than usual.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: August 25, 2013, 06:56:02 pm »

Extinguish the fire from the crossbow, with the non-flammable curtain

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: August 25, 2013, 11:11:27 pm »

"So those, huh?
Darren looked at the gate for a bit, then looks at her.
"Actually, I have a question real quick."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: August 25, 2013, 11:39:29 pm »

"Oh my, quite the feat indeed good Sir Captain. I'm curious however, how do you do that? I profess to not knowing much about ghosts, can all attempt such feats?" The desk queried the ghost.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: August 26, 2013, 03:02:04 am »

((On the bright side, Kevin can probably survive just as much as this guy.))
"Hey! Watch out with my crossbow!"
Kevin finds a window to look out to see if they are actually surrounded.

E: And he grabs the sword.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:53:03 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:31 am »

"So...Shall we burn this place down and make the scene of our inevitable demise a place of pilgrimage for all good-hearted undead?"
Scott shall, once again, pick up the harpoon

"Siggy dear. I would like another of my harpoons, I am no good in close combat."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: August 26, 2013, 06:32:48 am »

Hand the harpoon

After extinguishing the fire, Sigmund will say:

-Quickly, someone grab the sword the freak left in here, Niklas, you come and push that door over there until it opens. Everybody who hasn't got anything to do, help him.

Sigmund also grabs the book from the pile he previously made and spreads them across the stairs, in a fashion that will guarantee that if one of them is set fire, the other will follow the same fate.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: August 26, 2013, 07:25:34 am »

In the back room of Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, realizing that having a crossbow on fire does not, in fact, classify as anything like a good thing, does his best to extinguish it.

"Hey! Watch out with my crossbow!" his buddy warns him. Not to worry, buddy. Sigmund's going to make things better

[Sigmund fire extinguishing roll: 5]

After all, he has a non-flammable curtain! This, he feels, is rather fantastic to have, all in all. The crossbow is saved from fiery doom. In addition, it is now just as singed as Sigmund, which, as his mind reasons to find at least some upside to the situation at hand, is a stylistic plus.

Kevin, after making sure that his crossbow isn't in dire peril, decides to do some reconnaissance. Since there are no windows in this particular room, he carefully pokes his head out the door.

He sees six guards, one of which is the six-armed one and four of which have loaded crossbows. And they see him as well, no doubt.

[Guard 1 vs. Kevin: 5+1-2 vs. 6+1]
[Guard 2 vs. Kevin: 3-1 vs. 6+1]
[Guard 3 vs. Kevin: 5-1 vs. 3+1]
[Guard 4 vs. Kevin: 4-1 vs. 5+1]

He ducks back into the room as four bolts fly into the open door with varying degrees of closeness to where Kevin's head used to be. Huh.

Scott, meanwhile, proposes a course of further action.

"So... shall we burn this place down and make the scene of our inevitable demise a place of pilgrimage for all good-hearted undead?" he asks, picking up his harpoon. Again.

"Siggy dear. I would like another of my harpoons, I am no good in close combat," he insinuates greedily to Sigmund. When he's said his piece, he becomes keenly aware of a very faint click coming from the other room. He looks at Kevin, who seems to have heard it as well.

Sigmund, rather occupied with something else, gives some orders.

"Quickly, someone grab the sword the freak left in here, Niklas, you come and push that door over there until it opens. Everybody who hasn't got anything to do, help him."

Niklas shrugs and commences a round of futile pushing. In fact, he isn't even sure the door opens forwards rather than back. Nobody picks up the sword, either. In any case, Sigmund runs over to the actual main room.

There, he is met with the sight of four guards with rather sharp-looking spears on hand.

In the streets of the City of the Dead...

Darren eyeballs the gates.

"So those, huh?"

He then looks at Danielle.

"Actually, I have a question real quick."

"Yes? What?"

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, though rather appreciative that vomit can be cleaned with such efficiency, wonders about how the Captain did that.

"Oh my, quite the feat indeed, good Sir Captain. I'm curious, however, how do you do that? I profess to not knowing much about ghosts, can all attempt such feats?"

"NO IDEA! I can, though, and I DO BELIEVE many of the OTHER GHOSTS here on this ship CAN AS WELL! I am also REASONABLY GOOD at the arts of SHRIEKING LIKE A BANSHEE, as you know, not to mention I CAN MOVE ABOUT IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE! Oh, and I can DO VENTRILOQUISM! All in all, a rather NICE SET OF POWERS!"

He then looks at Morton for a moment. Suddenly, his voice begins to come from within Morton's speech drawer.

"I HARDLY EVER use VENTRILOQUISM, though!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:56 am »

((Yes! They only have piercing weaponry! We will have to fight by disarming techniques, then just stab and let them bleed to death.))

Sigmund quickly runs and grabs the sword,Sigmund shouts:

-Everybody get on the stairs, now!

Run to the highest part fo the stairs

((Plan, use chokepoint to fight them one by one. Let them attack or even stab us, then pull their spears out of them. Build a ball of spikes with either spears or harpoons. Kill them one by one if possible))

EDIT: Kevin grabs the sword, so Sigmund won't do it.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:52 am »

Scott shall stay with Sigmund and throw a harpoon at the first hostile entity that appears view.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:54:36 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:41 am »

((Who is closer to the sword? I mean, maybe my turn's two actions require two different turns, and maybe someone else could do it.

Also:
Scott will run to the source of the click and throw a harpoon at the biological that caused it.

This is going to end badly, you know, our best bet is to stay together and work as a team))
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 719