Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542964 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6690 on: August 26, 2013, 06:23:17 pm »

((So...much...information. So, to make things clear, Sigmund is still pinned against the wall and fighting with 4 guards?))

((And I can't believe the luck we just had. Really, I can't))

EDIT:
((After reading the thing for a second time, now I realize that I'm pinned against a wall, with 3 guards fighting me and one with his spear stuck. Oh, well, let's post an action))

Sigmund points his crossbow at point blank to the belly of the guard pinning him, and says:

Gentlemen, I don't know what happened back there, but I can tell you that it was not pleasant. So, please, stay quiet for a moment so that nothing bad happens, would you? And that goes specially for you- he says to the pinning guard- do not even dare to move.

He then shouts:

-I don't know what happened there, but do come here, please.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »

[Oh man I don't even. On all accounts.]

"Oh dear, that sounds rather dreadful to hear. Have you actually heard such things?" Morton queried the captain. The desk will also take a glance at Craig, as the man has been silent for a while and the butler hopes he hasn't been bored while Morton was talking.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:45 am »

((I am invincible! Muhahahahaha!))
"Well then."
Kevin picks up his sword and tries to kill the remaining guard.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: August 27, 2013, 03:33:36 am »

((I am invincible! Muhahahahaha!))
"Well then."
Kevin picks up his sword and tries to kill the remaining guard.

Which one? There's three of them that aren't dead, strictly speaking - the store guard is the furthest away, having dived out into the street, the only one of the town guards is at the door, and Hendrickson is snapped in half on the ground.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:59 am »

CHARGE WITH THE HARPOON AND SAVE SIGMUND!

Scott will be screaming in a foreign language he barely knows (You have a lot of time on your hands when you are married and without employment) but hopes that it adds to his unholy visage and makes their defence less effective.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:00:00 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: August 27, 2013, 05:31:04 am »

((Shit, I'm trying to take them as hostages! Anyway, feel free to attack, but I want to ask them where the prison is, so that we can go and rescue Mark. Also, we might need to talk with the blue freak afterwards, maybe he know how to open the door))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: August 27, 2013, 06:13:53 am »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund decides to take advantage of the distraction and point his crossbow at Carlson's belly!

"Gentlemen, I don't know what happened back there, but I can tell you that it was not pleasant. So, please, stay quiet for a moment so that nothing bad happens, would you? And that goes specially for you," he says to the pinning guard, "do not even dare to move."

"Or what, you're going to shoot me with an unloaded crossbow?" Carlson asks. Sigmund looks down. Bugger.

Scott, noticing a mild lull in the action, decides to liven up the situation a little.

"Bolshoy syurpreez!" he screams, knowing that he's probably pronouncing that wrong, but hey.

[Scott charge roll: 1-1]

He slowly shambles toward the guards, who look at him with no small amount of confusion. He appears to be outstretching his harpoon, too. Hm, what to do, what to do.

[Scott vs. Carlson: 6-1 vs. 3+1]

He stabs out at the damnable Carlson, who is rather scratched in the process.

"Ow, son of a bitch! Gods-damn it all!"

[Pin: Guard 7 vs. Scott: 6+1 vs. 4-1]

Another guard then promptly reacts, stabbing him through the chest and pinning him to the wall in a manner similar to Sigmund before him, leaving them about a meter apart.

"Right then, we've ascertained that these are right bastardly criminals we're dealin' with here, and some are mutants at that, so let's just execute 'em on the spot, eh?"

"Right!" says the other guy, having given up on his spear for a moment and pulling out a rather trusty-looking blackjack - the sort of weapon you'd give a name, Sigmund thinks.

[Called Shot: Guard 5 vs. Sigmund: 6+1-2 vs. 6-2]

The guard promptly takes the blackjack and starts smashing Sigmund in the face with it violently. It is, as one might suppose, extremely unpleasant. Sigmund feels a great many teeth of his loosen, and his nose, his beautiful nose is rapidly losing cohesion!

"I don't *crack* know what *crack*... ugh... *crack crack* hurk... happened there, but do *crack* come here, *crack* pleathe!" he shouts, hoping to attract some attention from the people in the other room.

The only unoccupied guard decides to follow Mr. Blackjack's lead and try the same thing on Scott... with a spear!

[Called Shot: Guard 8 vs. Scott: 3+1-2 vs. 4-1-2]

He stabs Scott right in the mouth, then pulls out the spear.

In the other room, Kevin tries to execute one of the remaining guards with his sword! He decides that it is the store guard who's asking for it the most, as he is the one who started this mess.

[Store Guard escape roll: 5]
[Kevin pursuit roll: 5+1]

He runs outside, finding that the guard hasn't gotten far. Should be easy to run him down.

[Store Guard escape roll: 3]
[Kevin pursuit roll: 6+1]

He breaks into a sprint, catching up to the man easily and trying to swipe at him with the sword!

[Kevin vs. Store Guard: 5+1-1 vs. 3+2]

The sword clinks against the armor of the guy, who turns around.

"Leave me alone, asshole! I'm just running for dear life here! I'm not gonna call anyone else!"

[Store Guard vs. Kevin: 2+1 vs. 5+1]

He aims a punch at Kevin, but the jester dodges, not really one to be caught off-guard by a thing like that.

[Counterattack: Kevin vs. Store Guard: 6 vs. 6+2]

The store guard, however, is firmly unshakable in his resistance to getting slashed. How awful.

Niklas, meanwhile, wonders what that sound he heard from the other room might have been. Eh, probably nothing. He looks over at Hendrickson. Hendrickson looks at him, eyes full of various regrets of the things he hasn't done in his life and the many jobs he could have taken rather than work one more week at Brenwicke's. Brenwicke wasn't even a good boss, he thinks. Treated employees like shit, and now there's supercriminals right inside the store. His life fleeting from his body, he does one last instinctive act before dying - he prays to Rysinia.

[Hendrickson prayer roll: 2]

And yet there's nothing. Guess the goddess must be busy with something. Oh well. Hendrickson just sighs, going completely limp moments afterward as his soul departs his body.

And so Niklas is left alone in the room, as the only other guard has already escaped - the one Kevin didn't chase - has also escaped. Niklas, supposing there's nothing to do here right now, sits down on the staircase and contemplates the pretty patterns of the smashed guards.

"Ooh, dad, that was absolutely amazing! I knew it would work!"

That you did, Torkel. That you did.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, feeling an unwelcome touch of morbidity in this conversation, asks more.

"Oh dear, that sounds rather dreadful to hear. Have you actually heard such things?"

"Why, YES! These are the DOCKS, FOR GODS' SAKES! SLIT THROATS ARE THEIR MAIN EXPORT! Or so I HEAR! HAHAHAH! SERIOUSLY, though, my POINT stands. You don't LIVE ON THE DOCKS for SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS without hearing SOMEONE DIE HORRIBLY. Or ANYWHERE ELSE, for that MATTER!"

Morton looks over at Tailor Craig. His expression, being entirely concealed in darkness, is quite unreadable, but his eyes and posture suggest he is listening with interest. Perhaps he simply has nothing to say.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: August 27, 2013, 06:23:14 am »

Sigmund slides through the spear he is pinned to, setting himself free, and tries to choke the guard[/s]

EDIT:

If Sigmund can't slide, he will try to break the spear and set himself free.

((Damn, gotta avoid the -2 pinned malus, or this will end bad for me))

EDIT2: no choking, instead say:

-That was pretty rude from you. Now I think that I will need another head. This would be the nineteenth head I lose in two days!

((The other heads are the creepy apples))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: August 27, 2013, 06:38:55 am »

"I am unarmed! And that bloody hurt!"

Scott attempts to distract the guards with pretty words until Chair golem comes.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:57:44 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: August 27, 2013, 07:34:37 am »

Scott, after being freed from the spear, shall rabidly glomp his opponent and wrestle him to the floor; biting, scratching and smashing all the while.
((You are still pinned. You could try to use your strenght bonus to break the spear, though))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:14 am »

Kevin, seeing that the other guard has already escaped, sees no point in murdering this one.
"Alright, but don't come back, or you won't be so lucky."
He then goes to the main store area to look for the remaining guards, calling Niklas along.
"Come, Niklas. We may need your help."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:15:18 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:50 am »

((Shit, now we are alone fighting four armored guards))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:25 am »

((I don't want to metagame, really. So I'll come after I finish this guy off, which is hopefully soon.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03:50 am »

((I don't want to metagame, really. So I'll come after I finish this guy off, which is hopefully soon.))
((He has a plus 2 because of armor. Your sword's bonus is nullified by it. I think that it won't happen soon. And it's not metagaming, you have an excuse to stop fighting him, that is how he got so scared because of Niklas that he won't ever come back. I don't like to metagame either, but even if you kill this guy, the other one has already escaped, you know.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: August 27, 2013, 11:14:12 am »

((I guess. Editted))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:22:24 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 719