Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542809 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6720 on: August 27, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »

((Damn, Xantalos is going to be happy after all what his character has done))

Sigmund recharges his crossbow, walks to the exit and aims at the guard, then says:

-Well, sir, if you cooperate, nothing will happen to you. First, we will need you to drop your weapon. I assure that we have no interest in killing people, unless they get in our way.

EDIT: better do this.

Sigmund said, as he recharged his crossbow:

-Kevin, cover the fron entrance. Niklas, cover the other.

He then spoke to Carlson, aiming at him with his crossbow:

-Well, sir, if you cooperate, nothing will happen to you. First, we will need you to drop your weapon. I assure that we have no interest in killing people, unless they get in our way.

If he tries to escape, shoot him.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

"That... Such exchanges make a sound? I had no idea, I can't even fathom what such a thing would even sound like. It must be grand though, to hear you speak of it so." Even still the world of sounds have such surprises for Morton. "If you don't mind, I think I'll try to listen again, see what I can hear." The desk, eager to listen again, does just that.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: August 27, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »

"Heard any rumors about a mortal girl heading down there and coming back with stuff? Up above, there was a girl who was supposed to go down to the catacombs and take things up. You heard anything like that?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: August 28, 2013, 02:05:13 am »

Scott will unfix himself from the wall, and claim the spear as his own.

"Can we leave now?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: August 28, 2013, 02:06:09 am »

((Niklas is basically the Hulk.))
"Yessir."
Cover the front enterance.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:47 am »

In the main room of Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, stumbling up to his feet, tries to recharge his crossbow. After that doesn't work, he tries to reload his crossbow, getting it done on the second try despite his daze.

"Kevin, cover the front entranthe. Niklath, cover the other," he says through broken teeth.

"Yessir," Kevin replies, heading over to the front entrance while Niklas lumbers over to the other one. Sigmund then turns to Carlson.

"Well, sir, if you cooperate, nothing will happen to you. First, we will need you to drop your weapon. I assure that we have no interest in killing people, unless they get in our way."

Carlson gazes at him for a moment, then at the leaving Niklas.

"Nah."

He immediately runs toward the front entrance, and Sigmund fires upon him!

It is at this point that Sigmund notices that he appears to have loaded the bolt in backwards. Luckily, the crossbow is completely undamaged, the drawstring merely skipping over the bolt.

[Carlson charge roll: 6]

Carlson tries to get past Kevin, spear thrust forwards as he thunders quickly down the store area.

[Carlson escape vs. Kevin guarding: 3+2 vs. 3+1]

He utilizes his spear to turn away Kevin's, then smashes into the jester-turned-door-guard with his armored bulk, sending both of them sliding out into the street. Carlson, being on top, gets up first and begins running away quickly.

Scott, meanwhile, is quite happy that he is free and all, but he really needs a weapon. Going off to the other room, he, after noticing a six-armed man lying on the ground, picks up his cool guisarme. Then he goes back into the main room.

"Can we leave now?" he asks, having accomplished everything he wanted here.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton is a bit shocked that when people talk, sound is made! Who would've thought it?

"That... such exchanges make a sound? I had no idea, I can't even fathom what such a thing would even sound like. It must be grand though, to hear you speak of it so."

"OH YES! Quite."

"If you don't mind, I think I'll try to listen again, see what I can hear."

"Go RIGHT ahead!"

And Morton does. He listens in carefully to what seems to be happening around here. He hears... well, there's the still-awake mages talking, with Art being particularly chatty. There's the Captain, who returns to explaining the principles of manly fishing to Tailor Craig. And then there's distant voices in the town, sounds of merriment from taverns, the sound of waves. The town seems a bit quiet right now. Probably because it must be three or four in the morning already. Morton can also hear faint snoring come from the Artiste, and birds flying about nearby.

Near the town hall of the City of the Dead...

Darren asks about his old acquaintance, the adolescent store owner and junk collector.

"Heard any rumors about a mortal girl heading down there and coming back with stuff? Up above, there was a girl who was supposed to go down to the catacombs and take things up. You heard anything like that?"

"Oh yes. Quite the adventurer, that one. Haven't spoken to her myself, though Karina says she meets the girl on certain occasions. Apparently she makes a living off carrying things away from the engineers' quarter - you could ask the gate guard about her. I think she has some sort of arrangement with him."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:00:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: August 28, 2013, 05:45:01 am »

Sigmund shrugged, then said:

-Well, we should finish what we begun. Niklas and Scott, search for all the spears and armor that the guards left. Kevin, come with me, we are going to enter the upper floor from outside.

Having said this, Sigmund walks to the outer side of the back entrance and helps Kevin to climb with his arms

-Break the window if necessary.

EDIT: typos, but maybe I should have left them, because of brain damage, which I don't know if it is permanent or not.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: August 28, 2013, 08:06:17 am »

["Morton is a bit shocked that when people talk, sound is made! Who would've thought it?" I love these kind of comments, they never fail to amuse.]

Hm... While interesting, Morton feels he isn't quiet hearing... Hard enough? Acutely enough, not the best fit but that would be a sufficient enough descriptor the desk feels. With that bit of linguistic shuffling done, Morton continues to listen, attempting to hear more acutely than before to see what he might be missing.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: August 28, 2013, 08:34:46 am »

Scott will put on a complete set of armour. He will continue to wear his husband as a cape.
He will have the spear in his hands at all times.

He will then follow Sigmund up the stairs, he will grumble though since he never was thanked for risking his unlife and limbs (no matter how incompetently) for Sigmund's own.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:02 am »

((I don't know how will we be able to get better from brain damage, but I have an idea: take blue freak's corpse to Erin so that she can know more about this strange material. Still we have to get all the damned loot we can carry out of this.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:38 am »

"Nah. You just sit back here, I'll get Niklas to punch down the door", he says to Sigmund. Then Kevin turns around and yells: "Hey, Niklas, I need your help punching down this door!".
Kevin then goes upstairs and waits for Niklas to punch the door into submission.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:35 am »

Sigmund shrugs:

-Oh, well, do whatever you want.

Look for my guisarme, and a decent armor. If it is dirty because of blood, clean it with my curtain first.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: August 28, 2013, 01:31:54 pm »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Sigmund, rather uncharacteristically, has a plan!

"Well, we should finish what we begun. Niklas and Scott, search for all the spears and armor that the guards left. Kevin, come with me, we are going to enter the upper floor from outside."

Niklas shrugs and commences a search.

Kevin, though believes he has a better plan by virtue of not being concussed.

"Nah. You just sit back here, I'll get Niklas to punch down the door," he smugly says. "Hey, Niklas, I need your help punching down this door!" he shouts to Niklas, then heads upstairs. Niklas, however, doesn't seem to be coming yet.

"Oh, well, do whatever you want."

Sigmund is then joined by Scott, who appears to have commandeered the guisarme, in search for some armor. However, they can't seem to find any - all of the people in the store appear to have been stripped completely clean of any weapons, armor and any other personal effects. This is quite strange.

Meanwhile, Niklas finally heads up to help Kevin with the door.

[Niklas punching roll: 2]

He punches the door several times. It doesn't budge an inch. Niklas notices that the door, underneath that wooden paneling, appears to be made of steel. How devious!

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton keeps on listening, hoping to find more interesting things, some of them like the ones the Captain describes!

He realizes that he is listening very acutely already - why, he can almost discern what exactly a passing bunch of drunks are discussing on the riverside street. It appears to be a highly lewd joke of some sort - definitely not the sort of thing he should be listening to, at any rate.

Perhaps he should listen when he knows something is happening, rather than just put a possible-but-yet-undiscovered ear out. That way, he'll know for sure if he's missing something.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »

"A door needs a frame to work right? Break the frame or the wall surrounding it, it will be weaker than steel whether it is brick or wood."

He will then try to work out how best to use a Guisarme in battle, being a minor noble he would have read something on the topic, having to provide arms to his liege as per feudal contract.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:52:48 pm by Innsmothe »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »

"Eh, I guess Scott is right for once. Punch the frame."

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 719