Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542857 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6735 on: August 28, 2013, 01:54:23 pm »

((Turn cont.))
Scott will attempt a sneer with the ruined visage that is his face.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:57 pm »

((What the heck? Do we need to make a roll to keep what we kill? Shit. That or we are screwed, really screwed, because of something that can get into the shop, grab everything, and get out without us noticing))

Sigmund wraps his hands in the curtain and begins to search between the gore if there is any leftover of weapons or armor salvageable.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: August 28, 2013, 02:03:42 pm »

((If 5 guards can roll a 1 for endurance, 4 undead can roll a 1 for perception.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: August 28, 2013, 02:05:13 pm »

((Either that or the armour, like the guards, was magical and returned to the owner.))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: August 28, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »

((So, you have magical armor which can return to somewhere, but you don't have ways o prevent the death of people? Well, this just doesn't make any sense to me, for now, so that's why Sigmund is going to get his hands dirty in this))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: August 28, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

"Have you heard anything else about her? I'd hate to be outdone by a little girl, so anything you've heard about her that might help would really come in handy."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »

Hm... Morton supposes that there just isn't anything interesting going on right now, he's probably not going to hear anything else too interesting. Didn't even hear that strange voice again... Maybe he was just imagining it? Probably.

The desk turned to look at Artiste and the duo of drunken mages to see how they are fairing, he believes he heard Artiste snoring if he heard right. Best not leave Master Artiste exposed to the elements while sleeping, no? If Artiste is indeed asleep, Morton will trundle walk over to the group to bring Master Artiste to his bed.

[Five imaginary internet monies, the mages are drawing/writing on Artiste.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: August 29, 2013, 02:32:48 am »

((Sudden Pokemon flashback.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:53 am »

At Brenwicke's Books...

Scott, rather pleased with himself right about now, tries to figure out how best to use a guisarme, figuring that he must remember at least something about warfare with such an implement.

He realizes that it would probably be best used against a mounted adversary, to knock them off a horse or whatever with the aid of the hook. Alternatively, he could use it to trip people up. Or just plain stab people very hard. He's got options here. And speaking of options, he has some advice to give as well!

"A door needs a frame to work, right? Break the frame or the wall surrounding it, it will be weaker than steel whether it is brick or wood."

Kevin can't help but admit that the guy with the perforated brain is right. That could indeed work.

"Eh, I guess Scott is right for once. Punch the frame," he says, causing Scott no end of delight.

Niklas, looking slightly bored, tries to punch the frame.

[Niklas punching roll: 1]

The frame is also made of steel. And Niklas manages to chip his chair arm on it something fierce. The wall, in addition, looks to be made of stone or something. While this would make it more fragile, it is also at least four times as thick as the door.

Sigmund, not very happy about the lack of any armor or weapons around here, tries digging through some of the gore with the curtain he stole. He lowers his covered hands into some of the messy stuff.

Eww. He can still hear it squelch as he touches it! That's, like, super-ew! Mega-ew! You couldn't force him to dig through this stuff! Nuh-uh! No way!

At the City of the Dead...

Darren expresses yet more interest about the girl.

"Have you heard anything else about her? I'd hate to be outdone by a little girl, so anything you've heard about her that might help would really come in handy."

"Well, you see, the thing is, I think she has an arrangement with the guard, like I said. I think it involves people vouching for her or something - I haven't really looked into the matter, but I've heard rumors, certainly, and that's all I've got. Like I said - the guard's a polite sort, ask him."

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, having heard everything he needed, though not everything he wanted, looks over at the Artiste. Yeah, he appears to have fallen asleep, and is precariously sitting on the barrel. Clearly, he needs to be brought to his room. Morton shuffles over to him and places him on his surface, encountering no resistance from his sleeping master.

"I suppose I shall now go to sleep as well," Evelyn says, noticing the happenings around her.

"Well, I don't think I need to sleep anymore. And I'm also feeling remarkably clear-headed, too. So I guess I'll stay here. Talk to the Captain, maybe. Or the tailor guy. Good night, I guess."

"Good night."

Morton carries the Artiste off to his room, which is indicated helpfully by Evelyn, and rolls him into his bed after nearly dropping him on the floor. Glad that all of the mages capable of sleep have finally gone to do such a thing, he considers what to do next.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: August 29, 2013, 05:37:25 am »

"Alright then. I guess we're going in from the outside. Come with me, Niklas, you could lift me up to the windows or something."
Kevin goes outside and looks for any windows on the top floor.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: August 29, 2013, 05:42:43 am »

That was definitely disguting, Sigmund thought, but the good thing is, he doen't need to do it himself! He said to Scott:

-Hey, Scott, there must be weapons and armor inside this pile of crap. Why don't you look for it while I help Kevin go into the second floor?

Sigmund also goes outside and helps Kevin climb with his super long arms.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:08 am »

"Lets go over to the owners place and take the key, we took care of the guards."

Search for more weapons and armour (which he will seek to wear himself.)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:21 am »

Sigmund said:

-We don't have the slightiest idea about where he lives, so that could be a problem.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: August 29, 2013, 11:49:15 am »

You don't have super long arms anymore.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: August 29, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »

You don't have super long arms anymore.
((Oh, as the perk stayed for some time in my character sheet I thought that I still had them, but it was not relevant, that's why you removed it afterwards.))

Changed action:

Sigmund looks for a broom or some implement with which he could remove the gore, and does so.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 719