Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542776 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8325 on: January 11, 2014, 07:57:00 am »

"Oh, I see. I've heard about them. Didn't they have that contest thingie lately?"

"Yeah, they did. One of the Great Masters... ugh, hate that name... one of them died. He was primarily a transmuter, not to mention hideously old and reclusive, so it was to be expected, really. They seem really powerful, what with their command over matter and so forth, but ultimately a lot of them lack the long-term survivability of, say, a lifemage or, of course, a necromancer. Heh. Don't get me started on the contest, though. That was just plain hilarious. Did you know that a talking dog won? Granted, he did have help, but still. A talking dog. Can't speak a sentence of more than two words, apparently. He's even called Master Dog, for gods' sakes. But I guess he's good with artifacts, though. And he's got this guy working for him, real piece of work, that one. Was fun to watch, though, even if I had to round up this huge construct that was trying to build a giant sandcastle afterwards."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: January 11, 2014, 07:58:47 am »

"Who did he have help from? And what kind of mage are you, actually?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: January 11, 2014, 08:10:17 am »

((I'm watching that conversation with a damned lot of interest))

((Also, I thought that the foci inestability was caused by that six I rolled that time. Well, that was a bad assumption)).

Discard the foci which don't allow to be written in and that one that changed itself into another sentence. Save low level foci in case of emergency.

Write the following sentences in unused sheets of paper, one per sheet, then make them into foci:

Make wind flow at a constant rate determined by the user in the direction the user is thinking of.
Stop air flow in the area the user is thinking of.
Repel air from the point the user is thinking of.
Concentrate air in front of the user's right index finger, then blast is away in the direction the finger is pointing at.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:51 am »

"Who did he have help from? And what kind of mage are you, actually?"

"He was helped by two people - one of them was this girl he picked up during the contest, she's sort of his personal assistant now. Can conjure knives and whatnot, but she's not overly interesting. The other person, though, came to the contest with the dog. A Mr. Colin Burmont, if I remember it right. He and the dog made a very good team, apparently, and, with a not insignificant amount of effort on the man's part and a whole lot of luck, they managed to eliminate pretty much everyone who didn't surrender and bail out of there - granted, a lot of that was fighting between themselves and horrible accidents killing off the opposition. That Burmont fellow is apparently a bit of a brute. Uses a... swordwhip, I think it's called? And he seems to have a limitless supply of some kind of magical acid, among the various things he's stolen off his many, many victims. Lyman absolutely loves him from what I've heard. Haven't met him personally, but I hear he does great murdering."

"As for the magic I do, well, necromancy. Mastery of the soul. Most everything else I need, I get from artifacts. And I must say, I do love my job very much."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:34 am »

Mark hearing the conversation chimes in
"I talked to the whip man he seemed nice though I was crying over a fallen friend and wasn't paying much attention."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: January 11, 2014, 08:32:37 am »

"Swordwhips? Never heard of those."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: January 11, 2014, 08:34:01 am »

((This conversation is getting better each time))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: January 11, 2014, 08:44:53 am »

"I talked to the whip man he seemed nice though I was crying over a fallen friend and wasn't paying much attention."

I don't think you can exactly chime in. Do you mean write on a wall or something?

"Swordwhips? Never heard of those."

"Neither had I, actually, until he came along. It's like a sword, but hinged and segmented as well as extremely long. Still really sharp, though. Not to be confused with a whipsword, though I'll be damned if I know what that is."

Lizzie thinks a moment.

"Wait, it might have been the other way around - he had a whipsword, and you're not supposed to say it's a swordwhip. Yeah, I think it was actually a whipsword he had. And still has, of course. But that's really more important to me than to you. Man, I should really memorize those notes soon. Maybe tomorrow, I guess."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: January 11, 2014, 08:50:53 am »

Scott will try to summon some of the ethereal versions of his limbs from the mulch now lying at the bottom of the water.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:27:32 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: January 11, 2014, 08:55:26 am »

I don't think you can exactly chime in. Do you mean write on a wall or something?

Yes sorry for not saying
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: January 12, 2014, 01:38:57 am »

[Doesn't Mark have those meaty flesh pads to write with, or those worms that spit ink/colorful substances? I can't exactly remember, but I think he bought some, didn't he? I'm probably misremembering though.]

"Yes, theater is always quite the experience, isn't it? I've never quite been one to attempt myself, but I've always enjoyed watching during my formative years and on, occasionally helping others practice if I could."

Morton tried to ignore the touch unsettling scene around him. The idea of captured souls doesn't seem to faze many around him, given their lack of response to it, but the desk for one is quite glad of his current desk-like nature of lacking facial expressions. The butler felt the need to move away from the golden skeleton that hoards people's souls, as a matter of both preserving tact and pragmatism.

"If you'll excuse me, good mage Art, but I believe I'll go follow your advice and attempt to speak with mage Evelyn. I'd love to continue this conversation at a later date however, if you wouldn't mind. It's not often I meet another fan of theater after all."

With that the desk excused himself from the room and moved on deck, where he last saw Evelyn.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:43:04 am by Xanmyral »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

"THERE WE GO. YOU ARE NOW DEMON-BLESSED! ENJOY YOUR VASTLY IMPROVED... UNLIFE, I SUPPOSE. SO, WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO DROP YOU OFF? THE MORTAL WORLD, RIGHT?"

"Yep, dat's be good! Thanks!" Timothy's grin split his face almost from ear-to-ear. This person was really nice, just handing out special magic-y powers like that! Timothy decided things were looking up. All going well, he'd be back home before long, too.
"...What's youse name, anyways?" He asked, tilting his head whilst waiting for the figure to do whatever magic was about to send him home.

>Agree to be sent back to the mortal world, thank the figure, and ask their name.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:48 am »

"A dog as lifemage, eh? I wonder what the story behind that is..."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: January 12, 2014, 01:02:22 pm »

((I just realised that my action could have me end up looking like Rayman. My childhood me is now figuratively crushing my ribcage in glee))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: January 12, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »

"It's not lying, it's like storytelling.  I try to make them forget about their lives and troubles and restore their sense of wonder. It doesn't hurt them, and it's an entertaining way for me to make my pay."
Once she's mastered misdirection, go for on the job training outside.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 719