Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540892 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8415 on: January 18, 2014, 12:11:43 am »

[Sure, although he'd need to know what Sigmund was doing.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: January 18, 2014, 01:54:49 am »

[Sure, although he'd need to know what Sigmund was doing.]
((Same with Mark but I'm worried fit Sigmond's sanity when he looks at my soul))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: January 18, 2014, 04:00:03 am »

((I feel like this button will come in handy.))
Keep the stone safe somewhere on my body.
Turn the knob of the drunkness ring all the way down.
Practice jesting skills.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: January 18, 2014, 04:15:06 am »

Scott will go bother Master instead, surely he has knowledge beyond imagination on such a subject. And he seems to be good with Ghosts as a whole.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: January 18, 2014, 04:21:13 am »

Timothy wasn't overly upset about that setback. It'd had been quite a while since he'd done any spooky howling after all, so it made sense for him to be a bit out of practice. He was still pretty happy to be... well, somewhere other than that other place.

Still, looking down, he didn't trust those glowy lights too much- normally, he'd be quite intrigued, but he'd had more than enough glowy lights and strange ethereal spectres (other than himself) lately. It was time for some refreshing normalcy!

>Fly over and investigate that town! See if it has a sign with a name.

>Greet any townsfolk I see in a friendly, harmless manner!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: January 18, 2014, 05:47:39 am »

Allright:

Outside of these turns:

Go and ask Evelyn:

-What is the worse thing that can happen when you fail badly to make a focus?

Evelyn has this to say in response.

"Krkhtskhurksstkhhtk."

She accompanies this with an expressive gesture with her wings that you're not sure what to make of, but you are definitely certain doesn't mean anything you'd like to hear.

Also:

Check the specific metaphysical knots of the presumably dangerous sheet of paper.

They're quite tangled, and the knot structure seems to have partially collapsed under the imbalances caused. As such, it's difficult to judge what's really going on in there. It's a mess, that's for sure.

Scott will go bother Master instead, surely he has knowledge beyond imagination on such a subject. And he seems to be good with Ghosts as a whole.

You bother the Artiste.

"Tell me about ghosts, master!"

He looks a bit uncertain about why you're bothering him of all people.

"Ghosts are... made of ectoplasm, I guess? And they appear around souls that get chained to a place. You should know that, right? After all, you're a ghost now yourself."

High up in the sky...

Timothy, upon noticing the town in the distance, knows that, out of the available options, that one's the most likely to contain things he will enjoy being around. Consequently, he flies over that way. As he gets closer to the place, he is glad to discover that there do seem to be people there! What isn't there, however, is some kind of sign with the town's name on it. That's a little disappointing.

Though the townsfolk don't seem overly friendly at first sight, Timothy's sure that this is just a cold exterior that masks hearts of gold or at least some other precious metal. He lands quickly and approaches one.

"Hello!" he says in his friendliest manner to a woman in peasant clothes calmly strolling down the street. Once she hears Timothy, though, her disposition quickly changes.

"Huh? What? Who?" she asks, glancing about her for a second, then noticing Timothy. "Oh gods, no. What do you want?"

She seems distraught to Timothy for some reason.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: January 18, 2014, 06:53:25 am »

Give Evelyn a blank sheet of paper and something to write with, then make the same question.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: January 18, 2014, 09:16:47 am »

Give Evelyn a blank sheet of paper and something to write with, then make the same question.

This time, her response is much more articulate.

The worst thing that can happen is unknown. Presumably it involves the localized breakdown of a universal law. What happens then is uncertain.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: January 18, 2014, 09:18:58 am »

Quickly go, analize the knot and try to fix it! ((Oh, shi- oh, shi- oh, shit))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:57 am »

Quickly go, analize the knot and try to fix it! ((Oh, shi- oh, shi- oh, shit))

Suddenly aware of business that needs doing, you head over to the floating sheet of paper, chanting the mantra you usually do when you're up shit creek and lacking a paddle. You find the focus still there, looking deceptively harmless. Hoping it's not too late, you analyze the knot!

Sadly, though, you can't really get any headway still. It's just a pile of disjointed rules now. You could try to reconstruct it, but that'd be a very risky thing, you suspect.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: January 18, 2014, 09:26:11 am »

Try to grab the paper and throw it to the sea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: January 18, 2014, 09:28:08 am »

Try to grab the paper and throw it to the sea.

You try to grab the paper, but it evades your grasp, flitting about under its own power and devilry. It does not seem to wish to be caught right now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: January 18, 2014, 09:29:36 am »

Sit by the piece of paper, waiting. Stare at it, stubornly. After some time, try to repeat the formar action.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: January 18, 2014, 09:37:13 am »

[If you destroy the paper I think that may stop the whole localized universal breakdown. Assuming that enchantments and focuses are kinda-sorta similar. Try dumping water on it to make it soggy and slow it down.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: January 18, 2014, 09:39:37 am »

((And what if it gets angry? I'm trying todeal with it in a non-agressive way. When you screw up with the lwas of the universe things tend to become sentient))
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 719