Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542597 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8430 on: January 18, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

[...Very true. Best of luck, and maybe tell one of the mages? They might have a good idea how to deal with it.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: January 18, 2014, 09:42:26 am »

Sit by the piece of paper, waiting. Stare at it, stubornly. After some time, try to repeat the formar action.

You stare, glower and smolder at the piece of paper. It is both unamused and unashamed - a combination you did not expect at all. It is clearly trying to be clever. That means that you can only try to do the same. After a bit of thought devoted to the subject, you suppose you're ready to try again - this time, though, you'll do it better! You'll do it in a way the paper does not expect it.

With this in mind, you set upon the piece of paper once again in a moment, distracting it with deft hand movements while performing a more unorthodox maneuver, biting down on it with your teeth! It seems to work, and although the paper tries to open up your jaws and propel itself out of your mouth, your sharp canines (you're secretly glad the Aspect of Appeal decided to preserve that aspect of your appearance now) hold it in place nicely. You raise your arms in triumph as the paper is secured wonderfully.

You then recall that the paper is likely to explode or mutilate physics any second now, at which point you make a break for the deck. In what you are sure could have been the last few seconds of your life, you spit the piece of paper out of your mouth over the side of the ship.

It slightly bothers you when it just hangs there, remaining at the same level in front of you. It appears to have taken on the ship's velocity somehow.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:49:44 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: January 18, 2014, 09:44:39 am »

((We've barely left the harbor and the laws of the universe are at breaking point already. Bravo))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: January 18, 2014, 09:57:22 am »

Well, if Sigmund couldn't get rid of the paper, maybe he could interact with it somehow? He said, from a reasonable distance:

-I'm sorry for tha, but I don't know if you are dangerous or not. If you mean any harm to us, hover up and down. If you just want me to leave you alone, hover right and left.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: January 18, 2014, 10:06:23 am »

Well, if Sigmund couldn't get rid of the paper, maybe he could interact with it somehow? He said, from a reasonable distance:

-I'm sorry for tha, but I don't know if you are dangerous or not. If you mean any harm to us, hover up and down. If you just want me to leave you alone, hover right and left.

The paper begins to hover toward you, then hovers away, then hovers back.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: January 18, 2014, 10:32:37 am »

Mark seeing the floating paper goes over and inclines his head/tree at Sigmund
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: January 18, 2014, 10:50:23 am »

-A third option? You are interested in something else? Hover up and down for yes, or to the sides for no.

((This is getting even weirder than expected))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: January 18, 2014, 10:56:05 am »

-A third option? You are interested in something else? Hover up and down for yes, or to the sides for no.

((This is getting even weirder than expected))

The paper responds by spinning in place.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: January 18, 2014, 11:39:49 am »

((This paper is teasing you.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: January 18, 2014, 12:15:22 pm »

This paper is not sentient, or it is trying to make fun out of Sigmund. In either case, it doesn't deserve more attention. Inverse psychology, perhaps? That should teach that pesky piece of paper to don't bother other people. He could always tell the Artiste about it if something happened, anyway.

Resume my planned schedule.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: January 18, 2014, 12:19:55 pm »

This paper is not sentient, or it is trying to make fun out of Sigmund. In either case, it doesn't deserve more attention. Inverse psychology, perhaps? That should teach that pesky piece of paper to don't bother other people. He could always tell the Artiste about it if something happened, anyway.

Resume my planned schedule.

As you turn away from the paper, you hear a *foom* sound. Glancing back, you notice that the paper is now enveloped in magenta-colored flames.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: January 18, 2014, 12:25:25 pm »

"Aye sir, I however am ignorant on their abilities. I would like to inter act with the world, even if only with my mind."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:14 pm »

"Aye sir, I however am ignorant on their abilities. I would like to inter act with the world, even if only with my mind."

"Maybe you could ask an actual ghost? I'm not positive on how it all works exactly either."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: January 18, 2014, 01:53:53 pm »

Keep ignoring it, but walk away slowly, to give it time to react.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: January 18, 2014, 01:55:42 pm »

Keep ignoring it, but walk away slowly, to give it time to react.

A very low hum begins to issue from the piece of paper and it begins to shake visibly as you approach the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 719