Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542683 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8655 on: January 31, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »

Sigmund decided to take a break from the extenuating task he was assigned to. Meanwhile, he decided to talk to the Gub.

-Thanks for the shade, I apreciate it. I see that you are able to control other animals besides humans. That gets me thinking, where are the rest of the crew of the boat in which I traveled? Is the Artiste allright?

After that question, he also asked something about his job, as he was unsure he could achieve his goal:

-I think that you overestimated my abilities, as fighting against the weather is a tad difficult for a begginer mage as me. I was wondering if I could eventually let some clouds come to the city, but in smaller quantities? That way some rain would fall, hopefully helping to clean the ashes of whatever happened here before.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: February 01, 2014, 12:20:04 am »

Timothy chortled quietly to himself, then poked his tongue out in a bizarre expression of concentration. This would be enough to fatten that fellow up just fine, and feed his funny-looking dog, too! They'd be his friends for sure.
Well, moment of truth- would his food-ball stay with him when he jumped between Places?

>Shift back to my home dimension, trying my best to bring the ball o' food with me!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: February 01, 2014, 04:36:28 am »

"Masters? I didn't see anybody live in those homes."
Look around. Any signs of life, save the guard?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: February 01, 2014, 10:39:12 am »

At one of Mothdale's mortuaries...

Mark decides that he probably does need a bit of practice... maybe the gub would be amiable to the idea?

~maybe! but caution would have to be exercised!~

Great! Mark was just wondering where to find living subjects to practice medicine upon in a way that doesn't actually kill them! Excellent. He asks the gub to send some of its friends and to send a message to his companions that he is alive, well and inside a mortuary practicing medicine as normal.

~will do!~

It doesn't take long until Mark notices something move in the nearby channel - there is a sudden loud splash, and two dolphins suddenly leap out and begin to make their way toward him. They look rather purposeful in their movements. They also seem rather grizzled, if one can honestly say such a thing about any dolphin. Their approach is rather awkward, though the dolphins seem to be making do and don't seem very unhappy. Eventually they flop over to Mark, looking at him with their wild dolphin eyes. Mark notices that one of them looks distinctly lumpier, while the other has longer, sharper teeth which it seems to like to display.

~they feel ambivalent about meeting you!~

In a tavern in Mothdale...

Kevin, knowing that he can totally impress this guy if he just gives him a chance, tries to soothe him with his singing, producing a sweet, soft little number that ought to calm anyone right down. The man stares at him, and begins to speak.

"The bar needs cleaning up and yeah, the singing doesn't help in any way."

He pauses, inclining his head a little.

"To summarize, it blows, this guy blows."

[Impolite Patron vs. Kevin: 6+2 vs. 3+1]

The patron's entire body suddenly tenses and twists in a movement that Kevin can scarcely identify before there is a flash of metal that abruptly separates his right leg and a sizable chunk of his torso (including at least half of the pelvis) from the rest of him, causing said sizable chunk to fall to the ground. Kevin doesn't quite keep his balance and also falls over as a result, in what is assuredly the second-worst performance review he's ever gotten.

~the public has spoken, kevin! there is room for improvement here! also, mark wants you to know he is at the mortuary!~

The man walks over to the solitary barrel of booze still remaining and begins to inspect it.

Outside the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas knows that the best way to get into these shady places is to pretend you're important. And pretending he's important is something Niklas has done quite a lot lately. He charges (well, drags himself as quickly, and consequently as loudly as possible) up the hill and toward the entrance.

"EXCUSE ME OUTTA MY WAY COMING THROUGH MAKE WAY!" he shouts conspicuously, and the assembled crowd pays him absolutely no mind except for a mildly intrigued glance from some of the younger people present. He storms in through the door, which is completely open and unlocked, and finds himself in a rather small room with a remarkable number of doors and staircases available, where a small, cheerful, yet remarkably hairy and bearlike man sits behind a desk, dressed in a fuzzy black robe that's a bit too large for him.

"Who might you be?" he immediately asks.

At a not yet shipwreck-free beach...

Scott continues his work with the burning of shipwrecks while experimenting with his translocation abilities.

[Scott's teleportation roll: 3]

He manages to translocate himself a short distance, but not quite enough for the gesture to seem either efficient or suitably dramatic. Ah well. Back to work.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 4]

He brings another burning piece of the first shipwreck to set fire to the next one, and finds that it works just as poorly as the first time that he tried it. Hm. Just as he wonders about whether to change his strategy, he hears the voice of the gub.

~mark sends you a message! he is at one of the mortuaries and feeling fine as far as we can tell! ~

At the top of the central tower of Mothdale...

Sigmund guesses he needs a break right now. So he speaks to the gub. Or the Gub.

"Thanks for the shade, I appreciate it. I see that you are able to control other animals besides humans. That gets me thinking, where are the rest of the crew of the boat in which I traveled? Is the Artiste all right?"

~the skyman lives comfortably, but without happiness! he wishes to leave, but we keep him here because his mind is unusual, mostly due to its two levels of operation! and the rest of your best friends in this entire world are scattered over the city, performing duties less important than yours! mark is productively playing around in a mortuary! other people are doing other things we will not get into right now!~

The feeling of being in a little over his head does not go unvoiced in Sigmund's mind either.

"I think that you overestimated my abilities, as fighting against the weather is a tad difficult for a beginner mage as me. I was wondering if I could eventually let some clouds come to the city, but in smaller quantities? That way some rain would fall, hopefully helping to clean the ashes of whatever happened here before."

~we were just about to mention a similar thing! it seems that a majority of the population do not like rainy weather, but evelyn tells us that rain is more useful than constant sunshine! so we wonder whether there are not better applications for an airmaster! can you think of any?~

Someplace filled with food...

Timothy, delighted with his loot, moves on to step two of his cunning plan - now that he has the food, he has to move back to where he used to be! He concentrates for a moment, and suddenly feels a lot closer to his original position than before - though definitely not quite there at all. In fact, he seems to be in the same plains that Blynn was located in, but he can't really see the town from here.

He is happy, though, that the food seems to have traveled with him! Joyous day!

In a cul-de-sac of constructs...

Darren inquires about more from his new human-shaped obstacle.

"Masters? I didn't see anybody live in those homes."

He looks around. He doesn't exactly see anything moving around in the houses, but, then again, they don't seem to have been built to facilitate spying upon their inhabitants. There aren't any lawns to tend to, no gardening to be done... the constructs seemed to be keeping the streets clean, too, and the windows don't seem to have been constructed to let much light in.

"You're not supposed to. I haven't seen anybody live in there either. Which means they must be quite reclusive indeed. So they would appreciate intrusions even less, would they not?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: February 01, 2014, 10:40:26 am »

Double post!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:07:00 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: February 01, 2014, 11:00:01 am »

((Double post, Harry))

-I am not only an Airmaster, Sir! I can do other kinds of jobs, not only those in which I have powers! For example, I'm pretty good at making foci, so I think that I could eventually do some other kind of magic jobs. Or maybe help you to coordinate the rebuilding of the city, I think that with Morton's and Erin's help we could clean and rebuild some parts of it. After all, if you want your people to be happy, the first thing that you should do is to prevent them from being reminded constantly from whatever happened here before, as I'm sure that it was not a nice experience. By the way, what exactly happened here?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: February 01, 2014, 11:05:00 am »

"OW! You asshole! I'm the fuck out of here. Fuck improvement. Fuck you, especially. How am I going to get anything done without a fucking leg?"
~I guess I have no choice but to go and see that psycho again.~
Pick up my leg and limp towards the mortuary. Ask the hivemind for directions.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:08:51 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: February 01, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

((Double post, Harry))

Forum was screwing with me in a most malevolent fashion this time, I swear.

-I am not only an Airmaster, Sir! I can do other kinds of jobs, not only those in which I have powers! For example, I'm pretty good at making foci, so I think that I could eventually do some other kind of magic jobs. Or maybe help you to coordinate the rebuilding of the city, I think that with Morton's and Erin's help we could clean and rebuild some parts of it. After all, if you want your people to be happy, the first thing that you should do is to prevent them from being reminded constantly from whatever happened here before, as I'm sure that it was not a nice experience. By the way, what exactly happened here?

~we are sure you think you must be good at many things! we find your ability to hallucinate the underlying rules of reality particularly interesting! and while you are efficient at making foci, we have that part of our industry covered for now! we shall keep you in mind nevertheless! we have also taken your recommendations into account! as for what happened here, nobody here knows for sure! it was all to our benefit, however!~

"OW! You asshole! I'm the fuck out of here. Fuck improvement. Fuck you, especially. How am I going to get anything done without a fucking leg?"
~I guess I have no choice but to go and see that psycho again.~
Pick up my leg and limp towards the mortuary. Ask the hivemind for directions.

~we would advise against doing this! you are being most non-conducive to a jolly, enjoyable ambiance! not to mention quite unpleasant to an esteemed patron!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: February 01, 2014, 11:41:50 am »

"How the fuck am I supposed to be jolly when people are throwing shit at me and dismembering me? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE JOLLY? WAVE MY FUCKING DISMEMBERED ARM AT THEM IN A JOLLY FASHION?"

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: February 01, 2014, 11:48:35 am »

"How the fuck am I supposed to be jolly when people are throwing shit at me and dismembering me? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE OTHER PEOPLE JOLLY? WAVE MY FUCKING DISMEMBERED ARM AT THEM IN A JOLLY FASHION?"

~that is quite the challenge to overcome, our data shows! perhaps a redefinition of your job title will be in order soon!~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: February 01, 2014, 11:54:43 am »

Mark gets to work improving the subject's without killing them using the happy slug to keep them happy and still

((Also OH SHIT sentient killer hive mind dolphins And I'm making them stronger out of boredom))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: February 01, 2014, 12:16:10 pm »

-So, if I'm not actually needed here, then you should put me down, so that i can help in doing other things meanwhile, don't you think so?

((I'm wondering, how do we kill a hive mind? Is there a kind of Overmind there?))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: February 01, 2014, 12:18:12 pm »

((We don't. We just make a fucking run for it asap.))
"A job change to what? Dismemberment officer?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: February 01, 2014, 12:19:49 pm »

-So, if I'm not actually needed here, then you should put me down, so that i can help in doing other things meanwhile, don't you think so?

~yes! we believe you could help scott! he needs to keep the beaches shipwreck-free, and needs help! helpers are incoming!~

"A job change to what? Dismemberment officer?"

~no, just remove the jolliness part of your job description!~
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:21:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: February 01, 2014, 12:28:38 pm »

-Thank you, sir!

Practice air repelling while I am waiting. When the helpers come, TM stop the air flow to allow them to rescue me.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 719