Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542612 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9030 on: February 25, 2014, 09:42:50 am »

[Dang, told yah dolphins are evil and terrifying. As animals go, at least.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: February 25, 2014, 09:47:15 am »

((Yeah we need to get out of this city before the dolphins mobilize ))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: February 25, 2014, 09:56:41 am »

((It's like the Gub is formed by the colective minds of naturally evil and/or violent beings))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:32 am »

((I thought that dolphins would have a malus for being putside the water, but they don't. This means that when they are on water, they are even more badass))

Actually, they do technically have a malus for being outside the water. It's just that they have a bonus that cancels it out.

"You remember me, miss? The magician?"
Now why did I go and remind her?

"I... remember someone like you. You didn't buy any pets, did you? Why didn't you buy any pets? They are wonderful pets, and they would love to go home with you!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:28 am »

((I thought that dolphins would have a malus for being putside the water, but they don't. This means that when they are on water, they are even more badass))

Actually, they do technically have a malus for being outside the water. It's just that they have a bonus that cancels it out.
((This means that they have a +3 inside the water?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: February 25, 2014, 11:32:25 am »

((This means that they have a +3 inside the water?))

There's a fun way I can think of to find out.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: February 25, 2014, 11:39:36 am »

((Not going to do so, like, never. Not only because of the risk of facing something with half a dice advantage, but because we would have a -1 for fighting underwater. We are going to be turn to shreds pretty quickly))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: February 25, 2014, 12:44:06 pm »

((Dont forget we would be out numbered ))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: February 25, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »

((Then the only way to fight them, is being them. We have to ask Erin to transform us all into metallic dolphins))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:37 pm »

[You know, I'd be skeptical of this plan if it wasn't for the fact that Morton needs a new body anyhow.]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: February 25, 2014, 01:04:16 pm »

Timothy was hesitant to attempt to help the man too aggressively just yet- he'd been having a pretty bad run of luck when it came to people, after all. He'd probably just make things worse if he didn't think this through. With so many confused thoughts running in a jumble through his head, he decided to unburden himself and spill the whole wretched tale of misguided good intentions.
"So uh. I's real sorries. Just trys to helps, you know? But nuffin' ever goes right, nope. Alla times I tries an' helps anybody I does it all wrong, makes fings worse an' stuff." He heaved a sad sigh, shook his head slowly, and continued, hovering despondently beside the newly-crippled mage, "See, I's brings all dat food for youse, because I's hearing how hungy you is. But den it's nah fit through da door, so I's needs to get you outside, an' I worries dat you won't trusties me, and well... thingses go all wrong agains."

He emits a sad sort of whimpering noise, then looks down to the fellow.
"...Is anyfing I can do ta makes you better? I's not messes it up dis time. Maybe."

>Talk to the mage whose legs I accidentally broke, explain myself and how I was only trying to help, and then ask if there's anything he actually wants me to help with.

>Keep an eye out for his lady- if she's charging towards me in a fury, time to vacate the vicinity. Same goes for the weird pink dog-thing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:06:16 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: February 25, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

[You know, I'd be skeptical of this plan if it wasn't for the fact that Morton needs a new body anyhow.]
((You'd be skeptical if it wasn't for the fact that you are playing LBaD))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: February 25, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund decides that the most preferable course of action here would be to hide, hide like the worm he undoubtedly is! Noticing a nearby hole in the ground he dives down it, supposing that wherever that might lead, it's probably not worse than here - and he's actually sort of right. It's dark, it's cold, he's about knee-deep (well, he would be if he had knees, anyway) in highly brownish-green water, there is a distinct tunnel-like feel to the place, and the ground feels like it is very happy to see him, judging by the pronounced tingle he gets from it. And there's no dolphins or avenues for aerial attack! Splendid!

Elsewhere, Mark decides to take these orders as seriously as he possibly can, and immediately heads out to the harbor. Or, to be more precise, hops. He jumps down the street, hoping that the harbor is indeed the way he's trying to go.

[Mark's dodge roll: 5+1-1-1]

He's so filled with hope, in fact, that he only barely dodges some sort of transparent sky-filth flying at him from above. It does not attempt to give chase, so Mark finds it easy to get away and reach the harbor - he can see the ship from here! He also notices the Captain and his entourage of shades, who seem to be gently floating toward it from another direction. He also sees a mound of some unidentified substance floating next to the ship - it seems beset with walruses, who appear to be looking at the ship and poking it with their tusks.

Further away still, Morton tries to keep it together despite his distressing state. Keeping his priorities in mind, he uses his one functional arm - the one on the drawer side - to check his tea supplies, and is rather happy when he finds them unharmed, if a little disorderly from the sudden impact. He then looks around for somebody who might help - luckily, he does notice something up in the sky - Evelyn. She seems to have noticed him as well, and flies right down, landing on Morton's broken body momentarily.

~You are still alive, it seems. Stay that way. We shall be leaving soon. Move to the ship as well as you are able.~

[Morton's will roll: 4]

Yes, Morton does believe he will stay alive - after all, he's still got many milestones in teamaking to achieve before he can give up on this second chance. So what if he's only half the desk he used to be? Time and tea wait for no one!

In a room in the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas supposes that maybe imagining candy will be a distant plan C for now - instead, he tries to summon up whatever is left of his chair charm and appear as desirable to sit on as possible. He feels solid and comfortable, now it's only a matter of projecting that outward.

[Niklas' charm roll: 6]

He finds that as soon as he shuts up and just appears as natural as he can, people can't wait to sit on him! Soon a whole fifteen people have gathered on his body, fighting amongst each other for space while they read books, enjoy their quiet time and, in the case of at least three of the arrivals, their rather hideous nakedness. Looks like Niklas has become quite the popular hangout within the space of an hour.

In a guest receiving area of Lizzie's mistress...

Kevin is starting to get a bad feeling here, and so is she. She is an undead jester, not some kind of mage! This doesn't feel right. She should put this whole thing in order right now. Playtime's over. Time to do this. Just put in a barrier between the souls, then separate them. Simple.

Once again, though, it proves not to be. The barrier takes a lot of effort to erect for him, and feels somewhat incomplete - more of an indicator of where to begin rather than a solid separator. And as she evaluates this, he finds that she does not have a lot of time before he becomes her and vice versa. Things are already looking fairly perilous, in fact.

In a dark library...

Scott, not the wise sort by any means, decides to engage the terrible man lower down in conversation.

"Uh... hello? I come with... boundless curiosity?"

The man looks up at him, then takes a step to the left, suddenly appearing up on the second floor of the library next to a rather interesting shelf, from which he retrieves a book and leafs through it. Nodding along for a minute, he looks at Scott.

[Dustman's magic roll: 6]

Suddenly, Scott finds himself... elsewhere. He can't quite tell where he is - everything's a blinding white suddenly. He definitely feels like he's gone somewhere, though. Somewhere not too good, obviously.

Outside a ruined tavinn in Blynn...

Timothy, confused little bugger that he is, tries to confess his accidental crimes to the suffering man in front of him.

"So uh. I's real sorries. Just trys to helps, you know? But nuffin' ever goes right, nope. Alla times I tries an' helps anybody I does it all wrong, makes fings worse an' stuff. See, I's brings all dat food for youse, because I's hearing how hungy you is. But den it's nah fit through da door, so I's needs to get you outside, an' I worries dat you won't trusties me, and well... thingses go all wrong agains."

"Shit, man, what did you do? Was that you who blew me up? That's not an okay thing to do! My legs are broken, man! Why would you do that?" he asks, looking really shocked and pained by the realization that his would-be assassin turned out to be an invisible failure at charity. Timothy decides not to dwell on this failure and asks the next question.

"...Is anyfing I can do ta makes you better? I's not messes it up dis time. Maybe."

"I don't know, can you help me in any way without blowing me up or whatever?" he asks in a shaky voice, grabbing a handful of food and shoving it into his mouth. However, the pain really seems to distract him from eating, judging by the way he keeps pausing in his chewing to groan with dissatisfaction.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: February 25, 2014, 03:24:14 pm »

Try to detect exactly what forces carried him here...and hopefully grabbing them so they drag him back?That is how majick works right?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »

Sigmund remembered the tingling sensation. The...the mushroom, the hateful msuhrooms initially produced that sensation on his flesh! Oh, damn, he has to get out of that place!

Get out, go to a burned house and cover myself with ashes, then play dead.

((To do list: weaponize sewers))

EDIT: also look for any kind of thing falling from the sky on top of him. Sigmund is not going to get fooled again.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 719