Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542721 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9345 on: March 18, 2014, 07:23:22 pm »

[Considering what happened just a short while ago, I bet the RNG finds this all hilarious. A perfect five to move Morton, two consecutive failures for Mark and Kevin.

I'm wondering how many times I'll accidentally refer to Morton as a desk.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: March 18, 2014, 07:29:22 pm »

((You, noble sir, will carry the spirit of the noble desk with you forever! The gentlemanly character of the furniture must remain on Morton!))

((Inb4, Morton becomes a chair. Because in the last two chapters at least one player ended up being a chair at some point))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: March 18, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

((You, noble sir, will carry the spirit of the noble desk with you forever! The gentlemanly character of the furniture must remain on Morton!))

((Inb4, Morton becomes a chair. Because in the last two chapters at least one player ended up being a chair at some point))
((Niklas was a chair is this chapter as well))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: March 18, 2014, 07:38:24 pm »

((Niklas was a chair is this chapter as well))
((I am talking mainly of being transformed into one. Morton is the ideal candidate to suffer that now. I hope that Sigmund doen't end up being furniture))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: March 18, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »

"Do you happen to like magic?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: March 18, 2014, 09:27:27 pm »

[To be honest I strangely enjoy playing as furniture/inanimate objects, its a nice change of pace. I was sad when I had to stop being a cube in Perplexicon, I really enjoyed the play with the 'floating cube of hilariously volatile material' bit. Replicating gestures is interesting when you don't have a humanoid anatomy.

But yes, the experience of being a noble desk will probably never leave Morton. Even if he now has a heart beat. I'm wondering who's the poor bastard who's body he just jacked though. Chances are it was shutting down due to having lost its soul, so that means Gub shunted whoever originally owned the body out.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »

((I think that the Gub commited a kind of mass soul extraction (murder?) recently. So that's why there were many new bodies available))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: March 18, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »

[I think that was more just to get Kevin and Mark away from Artiste instead of a mass soul swap/extraction. But I got no idea really, Gub is weird. I'm still not sure what exactly Gub is, beyond the guess of some hive mind creature that gained sapience (and then shortly after telepathy and mind control) somehow. Has something to do with the undead dolphins is what I have my money on.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: March 18, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »

((I have also considered it being a construct. it hasn't proved to be very creative, for example. Their lies resort to just not giving enough information or using tons of negative or positive adjectives))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: March 18, 2014, 11:06:06 pm »

[I get a really sort of... Childish feel from it. Like its a six year old who treats people as toys because it doesn't know better. Artiste is taking his toys away. I'm just kinda hoping this isn't true because, well, I don't want to see his temper tantrum.]

Nunzillor

« Reply #9355 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:31 am »

I kind of like the gub!  At least they're committed, right?  Plus, the alternative is traveling with a demon for nefarious reasons that may or may not end in everyone's re-death!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: March 19, 2014, 01:13:32 am »

((At least with the demon we know where everyone stands and he is nice unless we try to annoy him))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nunzillor

« Reply #9357 on: March 19, 2014, 11:35:45 am »

True but you have to admit he regularly leads his subordinates into situations of life and death.  The Gub seem(s) more proactive and cautious about retaining its (their?) minions.

The most recent loss of control notwithstanding!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: March 19, 2014, 12:07:13 pm »

((At least with the demon we know where everyone stands and he is nice unless we try to annoy him))
((This, pretty much.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: March 19, 2014, 04:38:42 pm »

Somewhere that has a filthy ceiling...

Morton's first impulse after regarding the ceiling a moment is to check himself out.

He notices that he seems to be a fairly hairy humanoid - a very diminutive one as well, considering the other bodies present in the room. He also appears to have a tail and a fairly humanlike set of limbs. By this point, he is fairly sure he must be one of those rat people, and a stunted one at that. Still, he guesses he could make tea if needed, so the gub have fulfilled that stipulation.

~That was quite certainly an interesting procedure. I thank you, good group Gub, for the new body,~ he thinks.

~it was needed practice! you have aided the effort as much as you have momentarily hindered it!~ the gub reply hurriedly.

In a dark and frightening void...

Sigmund, despite his friend's failure to solve all of his problems yet, places his trust in the surgeon.

~W-What? B-But it has happened before, with Kevin, specifically. And I have changed so many bodies before that I'm getting used to this. Hell! Tell him that I will even hug him if he builds me a body that allows me to move well! I don't care about having a fishing rod attached to my back! Not any more...~

~our consideration of your reply has been interrupted by a high-quality plan! commencing execution!~

[the gub's magic roll: 4]

Sigmund can hardly even ponder the meaning of the phrase when his soul is suddenly and violently yanked out of the orb, then sent careening through the air wildly, in a simulation of death Sigmund was not eager to familiarize himself with - flying upwards into the sky, he is consumed by fear of the great infinite expanse of nothing above him - the pull of the void is incredibly strong, and causes Sigmund's flight to arc very noticeably before the magic involved creates a little bit of course correction and causes him to collide with a very familiar shape - or rather a very familiar, distinctly shapeless form. His soul forced into a rather large jelly, he feels a moment of panic. When he realizes he doesn't have any knowledge of how to fly and begins falling, this moment of panic becomes much, much longer and more distressing.

~don't die just yet! you may be of use later!~

At the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas runs off to the library!

He reaches the library!

Hooray!

In a very fleshy office...

Timothy, hoping a nod won't be misconstrued as backchat, agrees with Lenny silently.

"Yes, he does seem to be agreeing to provide help," his benefactor says.

"Question is, what could he help us with?" the flesh-gnome asks, stroking his chin.

"Maybe he could-"

"Map the Kilkit anomaly? Wonderful idea!" the man says, looking at Timothy and grinning. "He could certainly accomplish that! Okay, get to it, friend!"

Lenny frowns for a moment, and then motions for Lenny to follow him outside of the office. They silently walk down the hall, then Lenny turns to Timothy.

"Okay, that is not good. That did not go well at all," he says. "I wonder if he expects you to actually try."

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Scott, feeling like people keep screwing him over for no damned reason, vibrates at the sky menacingly.

"Why do you seek to separate me from the man currently ensuring my fricking existance? Damnit, if I am untethered I will pervert the rules of the multiverse and pull myself from the void just so I can lay some welts on your capricious collective ethereal backsides!"

~that is assuredly 'very interesting', scott! do go on!~ the gub say, but Scott guesses they're not really listening, and so just moves on, and promptly fails to find anything even roughly pertinent to any of his buddies as he moves through the town. Instead, he finds Erin, looking hale, hearty and highly cautious as she moves through the streets.

Roughly two hundred meters away from Scott's original position, Mark continues his attempts at constructing a new body for his buddy. Sadly, though, he can't quite seem to get much inspiration. There's only so long you can stare at dolphin parts until you hit a brick wall, really.

At a forming stalactite...

Darren asks a very decisive question.

"Do you happen to like magic?"

The pile laughs a moment in a deep and guttural manner.

"I like fun magic. Boring magic, like these enchanted steel things, that I like less."
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 719