Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542778 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9390 on: March 22, 2014, 05:50:50 am »

Look through my pockets and study the clothes have I seen anything similar while traveling as a mercenary
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: March 22, 2014, 08:45:44 am »

"Fine."
Make the world burn around her (like, the buildings and stuff, I don't want a literal ring of fire to cook her.)
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: March 23, 2014, 05:39:23 am »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund, failed by random flailing, decides to approach his body from a more logical perspective, even though logic is not something objects are guaranteed to respond to very well. Nevertheless, the approach proves reasonably fruitful - he discovers that he can pretty much deform himself in any way, including moving forth pseudopodia, flattening himself, making funny shapes out of himself as well as all sorts of other things. Furthermore, he can sort of propel himself around, both by rolling and by utilizing his shape changing abilities. And, since he's found out he can flatten himself, he's pretty sure he could try flying by capturing some air in pockets (or large compartments in his body), then expelling it rapidly.

Furthermore, he can move around all of his internal organs, including whatever it is he's got for eyes, rather freely, allowing him to orient himself in any possible way.

The downside of all this niftiness, however, is the fact that he can't move very fast. He's pretty sure a toddler could safely outpace him on land if it was going in the right direction.

At the library of the Red Tower of Power...

In this latest instance of Niklas' non-adventure, he begins reading a book again! Fortunately, this one looks more fun than the others. Opening up the first page, Niklas immediately beholds the crudely drawn visage of Arnold Q. Arnold, deity expert extraordinaire. He appears to be grinning and giving two thumbs up. Pretty ancient-looking guy, honestly. There's even an 'On The Author' section extolling his theological education and vast experience and research on the subject. So one cannot help but know he must be good at this.

Reading through the book, Niklas finds numerous solid bits of advice in the 'General Godly Guidelines' section. The first is "Gods are basically demons, but more powerful and easily reachable! As well as bigger jerks to people and less helpful as a general rule!" It's even written in very large, important-looking letters. Another nugget of divine wisdom is "Gods don't give a single, solitary shit about rules, so don't try to invoke any! They'll probably just kill you if you try to be a smartass!" This is followed by "Gods don't care much about devotion, they care more about you being awesome and/or amusing!". Hm. Also, "Gods are pretty crazy and have wild mood swings! Be careful!"

Lots of exclamations in this book, Niklas notices as he moves on to the next section, 'The Gods Themselves'. The main idea of the section is, fortunately, conveyed in a handy chart - the 'Sliding Scale of Godly Niceness', and it has 5 entries, 1 being the nastiest, 5 being the nicest.

"5 - Narcillicus - chillest god in the heavens, that's for sure! Usually willing to help wayward travelers and those lacking in beauty and elegance achieve their goals! Not very crazy, either!"

"4 - Pacitarius - likes nature and life! This makes him pretty okay! Except sometimes when he isn't! Can be a little vengeful and judging of people who don't meet his standards, whatever those may be at the moment!"

"3 - Rysinia - a little cold and mean, but has good intentions! Doesn't like people badgering her much, but can be persuaded to provide favor if needed and deserved! What being deserving means is up for debate, though!"

"2 - Velusius - mostly an asshole! Likes hurting people to an unhealthy degree! Enjoys seeing magic go terribly! Embodies death! Nevertheless, can be appealed to in the right way!"

"1 - Almiria - almost always hostile to people when present! Never answers prayers except to smite you! Smites you if you pray to demons instead as well! Contact not recommended!"

The rest of the section is pretty much this, but reiterated several times and with slightly different sentence structure. The sections that follow are 'Godly Gossip - Myths and Legends', which looks fairly expansive, and 'Theological Tips for Maximal Self-Benefit', which seems significantly shorter, and 'Demonic Testimonies', which is the longest of all. It might take a while for Niklas to get through it all.

In the vicinity of a nasty dog...

Morton sees stealthy scampering and skulking as sensible in his circumstances, and moves out of the way and back into the building. The dog just moves past, not noticing him at all. Phew.

~no need for that! nothing in this city will harm you! we are currently in control!~ the gub tell him. ~aside from that matter with your former master, obviously!~

In a curious place in Mothdale...

Mark quickly rifles through his pockets, locating a flute, three coppers and one silver. Not quite a lot to work with, really. And the clothes he's wearing seem to be those of an entertainer - probably a jester, judging from the hat.

He also notices that he seems to be sitting in a very comfortable armchair in a rather nicely furnished parlor. Two other dead women, mostly identical to him in both dress and looks, seem to be here as well. It appears that someone was eating dinner right now, or at least something similar to it, judging by the three plates of meat on the nearby coffee table.

Elsewhere still in Mothdale...

Scott figures that if he can't get no respect, he'll have to fight for it. He'll have to impress.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 4]

A building to Erin's left suddenly starts burning gently, the fire increasing in size until a reasonable blaze has formed. Erin appears to have noticed it. Her response is to yelp under her breath and start waving her arms around, which produces a small sphere of metal that clatters to her feet. She stares at it for a moment, then starts running away.

~we may need to confine you somewhere, scott! this is simply not safe!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: March 23, 2014, 05:45:36 am »

Swim to the surface, examine surroundings.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: March 23, 2014, 05:53:28 am »

Swim to the surface, examine surroundings.

You seem to be located in a canal. In the city of Mothdale. Not a very familiar part of it, either.

Just when you begin to consider where to go, you are jabbed harshly in the side by another dolphin before it swims on ahead.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: March 23, 2014, 06:44:08 am »

Follow it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: March 23, 2014, 07:43:43 am »

Mark seeing no harm in it has a bite to eat before looting the place then heading outside to get his bearings
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: March 23, 2014, 07:50:13 am »

"Shush, I just wanted to scare the little thing. Is it much to ask for a 'Hello' 'I am doing fine' 'You presence is appreciated Scott'?"
Scott will examine the sphere.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: March 23, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

~Matter with my former master? I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by that, good group Gub. Is good master Artiste being disagreeable?~ The diminutive butler questioned Gub, not sure what he means.

Either way, seeing as he appears to be safe currently, the tea apostle decides that more fitting clothes and then returning to the Apostle's Abode might be a good choice of action. Now, that's not to disparage his current clothes, but he could hardly call them fitting for a proper butler. Certainly not clean either. He runs it by Gub just in case--a polite formality he's sure, Gub probably already knows.

~Good group Gub, if it's of no mind I'd like to perhaps clean up, find more suitable clothing, and make some tea in the Apostle's Abode. Do you perhaps have some suggestions for the first two? I'm hardly respectable as I am now, dirty and filthy as such.~

Ask and converse with Gub! Go to suggested places for clothes and cleanliness! Otherwise, he searches himself unless Gub tells him not to!

[Geeze this is slow going. Anyway, where's Erin? We know where her body is, but where is her soul?]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:03:41 am by Xanmyral »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: March 23, 2014, 11:11:49 am »

~Matter with my former master? I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean by that, good group Gub. Is good master Artiste being disagreeable?~ The diminutive butler questioned Gub, not sure what he means.

~he is! we are presently negotiating! we have agreed that we shall keep evelyn, but he is trying to fight us on keeping erin! what a silly skyman he is! it is fortunate for him that we cannot simply kill him and be done with it!~

~Good group Gub, if it's of no mind I'd like to perhaps clean up, find more suitable clothing, and make some tea in the Apostle's Abode. Do you perhaps have some suggestions for the first two? I'm hardly respectable as I am now, dirty and filthy as such.~

~we do have suggestions! in fact, we could safely steer you over to tailor craig! he is completely idle presently thanks to being unable to act on any of our requests!~

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9400 on: March 23, 2014, 11:41:54 am »

~Oh dear, that all sounds absolutely dreadful. I hope a peaceable parley can be reached.~ Morton's not entirely sure how or what to comment on the situation.  A bit like a rock and a hard place, he feels.

The apostle of the tea leaf cheers up right quick at the mention of good tailor Craig. A friend to talk to would help, of that he's sure. He hopes that Craig recognizes him though.

~I'd very much appreciate that, good group Gub, I'm quite confident in good tailor Craig's abilities.~

Go find good tailor Craig, rejoice in finding a friend! Explain to him that he is Carter Morton if needed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:59:44 pm by Xanmyral »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: March 23, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »

((Man, I almost forgot about Craig.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:41 pm »

[I always meant to ask about him, but I kept forgetting. Wonder what he's refusing to do for the Gub, probably demon related.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: March 23, 2014, 01:20:58 pm »

((Could the Gub be trying to reach godhood...?))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: March 23, 2014, 02:46:07 pm »

"What, you don't think we can show them how cool our fun is? They can't be that stubborn."
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 719