Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542745 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9645 on: April 30, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

((Waitlist still open?))

Name: Eduardo Flurberson
Archetype: Ghost
Biography: "Ah, so you wish to know about Eduardo, eh? Well, all we really know is that the man was certifiably insane! I mean he was completely bonkers! Naturally, he became a jester for... Well, we don't want to go into that, now do we? All I'll say is that Eduardo's employer was a very rude man. That said, Eduardo told me he enjoyed working for that family... Unfortunately, they had him executed after Eduardo tried to fill his lord's bathtub with mud. While he was in it."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:18:08 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »

"I didn't ask to be put into this body, you know."
Try to test if I broke my leg or just sprained it or something.
((I kinda added something else, I'm helping you to move to a place where you can properly sit and asking you what information did you get from the Gub))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: April 30, 2014, 02:45:09 pm »

Wait for morton to do diplomacy stuffs, he;s the best one suited to not get us all annihilated in a storm of magical energies.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: May 01, 2014, 11:37:52 am »

Morton must admit to being surprised. While he was expecting a more militaristic (if certainly flamboyant) occupant, he was most certainly not expecting such an entrance, nor the occupants. He must say though, it is a rather pleasant surprise.

"Salutations, good lady Melville, I dearly hope our appearance isn't anything of a bother. We're admittedly new to the area and don't know much about the surroundings I'm afraid, so it is quite fateful that we managed to chance upon your wondrous abode. We were rather hoping if we could discuss recent events of the area, and hopefully an offer, with you. Perhaps over some nice, fresh tea, if that sounds particularly agreeable?"

The desk turned to the left and right slightly, mimicking a head shake with his whole body. "But first we should repay respect in kind and introduce ourselves, this is good mage Justine, good sir Scott, good tailor Craig, and I am Carter Morton, butler. Most simply refer to me as Morton however." The desk introduced the group, the brown, wispy arms growing out of his frame and gesturing to each member of the group in kind before retreating after introducing Craig.

"Now, before we begin, mind if I ask if you would like some tea? I consider myself somewhat of a tea enthusiast," an understatement if ever one was to be made by the desk, "And I fear it has been dreadfully far too long since I've brewed any. I've always believed that one should take all opportunities for tea as is made available. I have the necessary ingredients, all I would require would be water and something to heat the brew with."

Explain reasoning for stopping by, introduce the group, offer to make tea!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:39:28 am by Xanmyral »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: May 01, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »

Scott will dutifully nod when mentioned.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: May 01, 2014, 05:57:17 pm »

[Don't be afraid to contribute to the conversation, I'd feel terrible to put you in inaction just because of diplomatic talks.]

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: May 01, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

"A-uhh... A bit much there... Go ahead and go back."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: May 02, 2014, 06:39:19 am »

In the basement of the Red Tower of Power...

"Häer! Hōōr! Hnng! Now then, let's go get what we came for!" Niklas says, not entirely sure what he came here for anymore.

"What did we come here for?" Lifeboy asks, and Niklas ponders the question.

"We came here for... a blessing! Of Patricia!" he says after his mental gears finally start moving.

"Makes sense, let's get to it!" Lifeboy agrees and they move along, walking through the darkened halls of the basement and searching for something appropriately blessed-looking. No such things seem to be around, and Niklas wonders if he may have forgotten something important here. A crucial detail of some kind.

"Maybe it's hidden!" Lifeboy suggests, and Niklas pauses for a moment. It would make sense for it to be hidden, yes - wouldn't want just about anyone getting their hands on that sweet Patricia-magic, right? And he does remember there being something about bricks, storerooms and flasks, that they were involved somehow. But the details, it is the details that presently elude him!

Outside a healer's tent in Eckledun...

Sigmund is disappointed in his companions' propensity toward self-injury while unattended - it is most disappointing, to say the least.

"Damn you, Kevin, can't you just keep a good body without destroying it? At least you should still be able to play any instruments. Don't really count on me to carry you on the way back," he says disapprovingly at his "sister".

"I didn't ask to be put into this body, you know," Kevin replies, examining his evidently sprained knee. Sigmund, meanwhile, turns to Mark.

"Now that we have an opportunity to talk, well, I think that I should say at least, yes, well, thank you, for fixing me even after all my complaints and that. But know that I am only going to need it again if I am in a desperate situation, so don't do that unless I absolutely need it, yeah?" he says, then pauses uncomfortably, for a moment expecting Mark to reply, but then realizing that he doesn't want to hear the fellow speak more than is strictly necessary. "Now that we are waiting, why don't you go and look around for more mages? I, unfortunately, am not really good at traveling around towns, and Kevin is hurt, so the task must rely on you," he continues. A few moments pass, with Mark still not looking directly at them, then he turns to face Sigmund, his eyes practically looking through him, and salutes the creeped-out vampire.

"I won't let you down," he says softly, then leaves quickly. Though there have certainly been better ideas than splitting up in a situation such as this, Sigmund breathes a sigh of relief as Mark leaves. "Alright, lets find a place where we can sit to chat like sisters or like we are common people at least, yes? We need to talk about what we know about the Gub," he says, dragging Kevin out of the way of any potential foot traffic and seating him on a nearby barrel.

"So, what information have you gathered so far? I can say that the Gub has been sentient for about a week, has emotions, and is not or at least not entirely human," he says, to which Kevin replies with a somewhat blank stare. He raises his finger, about to say something, but then seems to reconsider. A few more moments pass, and Kevin seems to have something important on the tip of his tongue when Art emerges from the healer's tent, a tall, middle-aged, concerned-looking woman and a very tired teenage girl following behind.

"-very glad you have decided to help, as our need is great and the still-suffering are many," Art appears to be telling them.

"Indeed! I cannot believe that so many elected to stay!" the woman says, shaking her head. "We must go help them at once!"

"You mean, of course, that I must help them," the girl adds derisively.

"I won't have your backtalk, Annie! There are people dying out there, and it is our duty to help!"

"If only more people had your moral integrity, ma'am," Art says. "Such acts of charity at times like these are indeed commendable. I thank you from the bottom of my heart."

"It is the duty of our order to offer help where it is needed - we are simply doing the will of Narcillicus, miss," the woman says. "Now we must make haste for Mothdale!"

"When you get there, look for the large tower - it is there that the charitable efforts are organized from - the people there will point you in the right direction."

"Will do! Now spread the word, sister! Tell them that Mother Frische invokes the sacred duty! I will do the same, then head for Mothdale!" the woman says, dragging the girl along as they take off from the area.

"Good luck!" Art shouts after them, and the woman turns around and gives him a strange salute, which Art returns, and then runs off. He stands there for a few moments and, when the two are out of sight, walks back over to Sigmund.

"Man, I feel like shit for doing that to the poor lady," he comments, shaking his head. "Still, it's done. What now?"

Some distance away, Mark has made quite a bit of headway on finding mages - for one, there's a whole magical tower in the middle of the town. Also, he thinks there might be some mages in certain establishments, most notably at certain stalls in the market. The question is, how would one go about convincing or possibly "convincing" them to go to Mothdale?

At the castle of Pauline Melville...

Morton, pleasantly surprised by the cordial greeting he has received, does his best to return the gesture.

"Salutations, good lady Melville, I dearly hope our appearance isn't anything of a bother. We're admittedly new to the area and don't know much about the surroundings I'm afraid, so it is quite fateful that we managed to chance upon your wondrous abode. We were rather hoping if we could discuss recent events of the area, and hopefully an offer, with you. Perhaps over some nice, fresh tea, if that sounds particularly agreeable?"

Lady Melville's face lights up quite a bit when recent events are mentioned.

"I do love hearing news, good sir. I don't get out much lately, as I'm sure you may suspect."

"But first we should repay respect in kind and introduce ourselves, this is good mage Justine, good sir Scott, good tailor Craig, and I am Carter Morton, butler. Most simply refer to me as Morton however," Morton introduces the group, who each nod in turn (though Scott's rendition of a nod leaves quite a bit to be desired). "Now, before we begin, mind if I ask if you would like some tea? I consider myself somewhat of a tea enthusiast. And I fear it has been dreadfully far too long since I've brewed any. I've always believed that one should take all opportunities for tea as is made available. I have the necessary ingredients, all I would require would be water and something to heat the brew with," he then offers, but Lady Melville doesn't seem overly enthused.

"You must forgive me, good sir, but I never drink... tea. But I would be glad to speak with you and your entourage in the dining hall, if you will? Regrettably, I have already dined, but one can never say no to a spot of good conversation nevertheless, yes?" she says, once again obviously restraining the urge to flap her arms cheerily. She turns to Henry. "Henry, get Sie to prepare the dining hall, yes?" she asks of him, and Henry nods and immediately disappears.

At the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren feels that his friend is getting a bit too large for optimum enjoyment of mutual activity, and makes his opinion known.

"A-uhh... A bit much there... Go ahead and go back."

"Hm... well, okay. Let's try to get it right now," she says, returning to the vaguely feminine figure of before, albeit with slightly more of a definite shape and color this time around. "Good enough?" she asks, and Darren half-nods, half-shrugs affirmatively, and she claps her hands for a moment.

"Very well, let's begin!" she says, and outstretches her palm toward Darren. Darren is about to construe this as a hint of some kind when a deck of cards appears in it. "Now take a card and put it on your forehead, face toward me. We're going to play a game here."

"This is going to be great," the statue-woman says.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: May 02, 2014, 07:44:36 am »

-Can't say that I actually feel well about doing this, but I guess that we don't have a choice at this point. We really lack the knowledge about how to deal with the Gub, actually. I was just asking Kevin, now hat Mark isn't here, what does he know about the Gub. We need to know what are we dealing with, so it would be great if you could contribute with whatever kind of information you have.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: May 02, 2014, 08:19:29 am »

[Don't be afraid to contribute to the conversation, I'd feel terrible to put you in inaction just because of diplomatic talks.]
[Dude, I am not.:)
 If I told you that I modeled Scott off of what people tell me about certain aspects of my own personality, would you be happy to let me be more assertive or afraid? :p
Seriously though, I believe Scott knows of his shortcomings and the strengths of his compatriots and is desperately trying to behave himself to COMPLETE...THE...MISSION!]

"You don't drink...tea? Pardon me if you will madam, but are you being intentionally ominous? We DO have..or have had... vampire friends you know. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:22:58 am by Innsmothe »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: May 02, 2014, 10:09:43 am »

"We DO have..or have had... vampire friends you know. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of."
((I look forward to the answer))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: May 02, 2014, 11:09:40 am »

"I know of the Gub that I don't like them. Not much else, sadly. I was too busy disobeying and thus trying to keep my soul to find out much."

"Wait... Actually, I do know something. Lizzie told me that the Black Circle of Magic were having a meeting about this whole affair. Not too long ago, I think."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:13:05 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: May 02, 2014, 11:29:43 am »

"I know of the Gub that I don't like them. Not much else, sadly. I was too busy disobeying and thus trying to keep my soul to find out much."

"Wait... Actually, I do know something. Lizzie told me that the Black Circle of Magic were having a meeting about this whole affair. Not too long ago, I think."
-What? The Black Circle is involved? We have to find somebody important from that place to know more about the Gub!

Sigmund then decided to say something to the rest of the group:

-I have to say that, when dealing with a being that can read your mind, the best alternative is to not know what you don't want it to know. That's why I sent Mark to do stuff out there. He is going to be the one which will go back and forth from Mothdale to deal with the Gub, while we are still focused in our task. This means that we won't say a word about this to Mark. Unless you have thought of a better alternative, of course.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: May 02, 2014, 11:30:56 am »

"Well, I lost my stone. So I can't call Lizzie."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: May 02, 2014, 11:52:38 am »

-I assume that the Gub has it, right? Then we need to contact somebody else. May it be possible for you to make a mage from the Black Circle to call Lizzie for you? She may actually save us. Wait, she was the golden skeleton back in the ship, right?
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 719