Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542863 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9690 on: May 06, 2014, 08:02:46 pm »

He had finally recovered from his shock, and the relief flooded him.

I don't even know what that means.
"Uhh, drop it. But, quick question. What happens if we look, or had it revealed to us or something?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: May 07, 2014, 08:22:45 am »

What are these Gub-Gub? A race of children? They act like such and can be talked to at such a level with positive outcomes.

"... the gub-gub? Jellyfish, if I remember it right, or maybe some other kind of creature like them, from the Sea of Death. They live in the depths, and are known to be extremely dangerous... but not sentient, I think. They're naturally magical, I think their entry in the bestiary of the sea went."

He had finally recovered from his shock, and the relief flooded him.

I don't even know what that means.
"Uhh, drop it. But, quick question. What happens if we look, or had it revealed to us or something?"

"The deck makes you physically unable to reveal information about the card you see aside from the most tangential. And if you look, it'll just come up blank - retroactively blank, actually, and be made invalid."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: May 07, 2014, 10:09:50 am »

''I blame Mark.''

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: May 07, 2014, 12:39:14 pm »

Whos hell inspired idea was it to give Jellyfish a group sentience and aspirations of Godhood?!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: May 07, 2014, 12:57:56 pm »

-While I would do so too, we are too far away from him to actually be influenced by him. I say it again, can we go back through the same way we came? I'm afraid that my eyes were closed while you guided me, so I can't guide you back. And I think that Art was too distracted to remember the path. SO, why don't you, Kevin, show us the way back?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: May 07, 2014, 01:53:36 pm »

''Goddamn psychopath...
Attemt to guide my companions back.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: May 07, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »

[Sorry for the wait. Hm... We could potentially gather information to strike at the Gub.]

The desk can't help but feel in parallel a metaphorical dagger be plunged into his equally metaphorical heart at the revelations his once hopeful, but now quite tragic story brought about. Morton pushed on in the conversation, to avoid dwelling on thoughts that threatened to emerge.

"My apologies, good lady Melville, I'm sorry for your loss, and that it must be this way that the news be broken to you. Had I'd known..." The tea apostle sorrowfully put, apologizing for his most unkind way of telling her. "We'd understand if you wish us to leave you be after the grave news." There was a slight pause for a response, and if one isn't given for them to leave, the desk will continue, slightly hesitant.

There aren't many times Morton is particularly cautious to speak, but this would be one of those times. "If not, while I hate to dwell on the subject, I'm afraid I'm unsure what dolphins have to do with the strange events. Some of my companions and myself faced three dolphins, but I don't believe they were rightly alive, nor particularly normal to what I've prior thought of them."

Apologies and offer sincere, partially sympathetic and partially empathetic condolences. Ask if she wishes us to leave, otherwise question about the dolphins' relevance.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:02:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: May 08, 2014, 07:13:06 pm »

Drop the card.
"Yeah, go ahead and drop the card."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: May 10, 2014, 08:07:11 am »

You know, guys, I think I'm going to take about a month's break from running this, to regain a bit of enthusiasm and hopefully improve things when I resume. It worked reasonably well for the Forgotten Art, and I'm slightly low on both time and energy right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: May 10, 2014, 09:20:06 am »

No problem man take your time
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20:07 am »

I have to saty that I saw it coming, but it doen't matter, quality is always better than quantity! So I think that we will be waiting for your amazing imagination to recharge its batteries. Good luck with your other games!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: May 10, 2014, 11:14:46 am »

What Tomcost said, pretty much. Better slow, good updates than fast and bad updates :v

Nunzillor

« Reply #9702 on: May 10, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

Best of luck.  I have enjoyed reading this for some time, and I'm sure an increase in enthusiasm will only increase the quality.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: May 10, 2014, 02:57:01 pm »

Not a problem, take your time and enjoy yourself.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: May 10, 2014, 04:38:53 pm »

Don't worry. :3
Just promise to send us messages if circumstances change!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 719