Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 12, Sad Face  (Read 19995 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 5, I am without words
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »

The usual number given for surviving without food in an average person is 3 weeks, although significantly longer stretches have been achieved.
Not how zafehouse plays it.

Maybe it's just meant to represent people getting extra weak from hunger, and thus being easy prey for the zombies.

Well, it would make more sense than just dropping dead after a day or three without food.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »

Eh, it is gameplay mechanic.  Would make more sense with water, but then cooking/chef would be fairly useless, unless food gives +morale or something.
There is also the fact that the way it is to be played, the survivors are pretty durn active the whole time, except for the very few hours that they do rest.  And don't forget the really short play time.  It is between 3 and 7 days... or something like that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 04:31:27 pm »

God save the Queen, and her magic shopping cart of guns too. Holy shit that was amazing.
...5 Urists on her being the sole survivor after we attract a shitload of zombies with these firearms.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 02:13:16 am »

Apologies for there being no update today, I spent the day partly without power, and mostly without internet, there will probably be an update tomorrow though.

Yes, anyway, I should explain how hunger works in zafehouse. See survivors are both hungry and grumpy bastards, and the hungrier they get, the grumpier they get. When they go hungry they'll start bickering with each other more (mostly about who ate the last of the food), and will start getting grumpier and grumpier until they explode (The game splashes your screen with blood whenever someone gets injured or dies, even if that death is by starvation, so I assume this is what is going on). Starvation seems to start killing survivors within 24 hours of us running out of food, since it's really difficult to figure out who's been eating what when, so if we do run out of food it is going to be an urgent issue. Don't get me wrong, we've actually got a fair bit if we cook up the ingredients, but we really don't have as much as I'd like. Hopefully the houses around us will have plenty of food to graze off of.

Man, forget these fools. I want to hear about the adventures of Queen Elizabeth and her magical shopping cart of plenty.
God save the Queen, and her magic shopping cart of guns too. Holy shit that was amazing.
...5 Urists on her being the sole survivor after we attract a shitload of zombies with these firearms.
Unfortunately we cannot follow the Queen on her story. The game is called Zafehouse: Diaries, not Queen Elizabeth and Her Wonderous Trolley Adventures in Zombieland. We can only pray that such a game will be made at some point in the future.

Anyway, I was thinking that tomorrow I'd work on raiding the houses surrounding the store, going counterclockwise starting with the one to the west. Then when we reach the one to the east, maybe start working on moving up just above the school. Unless anyone else has any other plans, I am of course open to suggestions.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 03:08:48 am »

Unfortunately we cannot follow the Queen on her story. The game is called Zafehouse: Diaries, not Queen Elizabeth and Her Wonderous Trolley Adventures in Zombieland. We can only pray that such a game will be made at some point in the future.

You however, managed to involve a random, reasonless, and even jarringly unrealistic event into your story in a way that was, though not seamless, by the end of the encounter, felt awesome, interesting, intriguing, and -believable-.  Enough to trigger the urge in several of us to follow this improbable, but not unacceptable, abberation across the game world.

Hats and zombie heads off to you!

I've no specific instructions, except irl, stay as safe and comfortable as you can, and in game, keep playing and sharing.  I've delighted in your tale; you've actually made me reconsider how I play some of the more boring and faster-paced parts of my various games, and seen ways I can help myself enjoy them better (and perhaps share that joy with others too, perhaps perhaps someday).  My only suggestion is 'More please, when it's time.  I'm very willing to keep following your gaming adventure(s).'.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 03:53:56 am »

You however, managed to involve a random, reasonless, and even jarringly unrealistic event into your story in a way that was, though not seamless, by the end of the encounter, felt awesome, interesting, intriguing, and -believable-.  Enough to trigger the urge in several of us to follow this improbable, but not unacceptable, abberation across the game world.

Hats and zombie heads off to you!
Why thank you, I do try. I was giggling myself silly when I was writing this stuff up, the only worry I have here is that now is that that will probably wind up being the highlight of the entire thing, I suspect there might not be anything else that will even come close to being as good as update 5. Still, maybe if the game throws me some good bones...

I've no specific instructions, except irl, stay as safe and comfortable as you can, and in game, keep playing and sharing.  I've delighted in your tale; you've actually made me reconsider how I play some of the more boring and faster-paced parts of my various games, and seen ways I can help myself enjoy them better (and perhaps share that joy with others too, perhaps perhaps someday).  My only suggestion is 'More please, when it's time.  I'm very willing to keep following your gaming adventure(s).'.
Well if I wasn't writing out an LP I'd probably be clicking through all of this in 5-10 minutes, as it stands it takes me a couple of hours to do an update, what with all the pausing and decision making and such. Doesn't help that I'm such an excruciatingly slow writer. Still, this is a pretty good way to brush up on some of my writing skills.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05:13 pm »

Man, forget these fools. I want to hear about the adventures of Queen Elizabeth and her magical shopping cart of plenty.
Gentlemen...(and women) I believe we have just made ALL OF THE MONEY with this game idea.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »

Ok then, let's get this thing going.
Spoiler: Update 6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Some after notes (click to show/hide)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 6, Histories of Avarice and Determination
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:31 am »

I lol'd at the Scooby Doo joke.

Patch Kelli up ASAP, injuries might turn into infection after a few hours.
Do you have any gasoline? If you do, light a bonfire somewhere far and preferably already secure, maybe the old shelters. Should draw them zombies away.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 7, Things Get Bloody
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 01:26:55 pm »

I lol'd at the Scooby Doo joke.
At least it wasn't a huge waste of time then.

Patch Kelli up ASAP, injuries might turn into infection after a few hours.
Do you have any gasoline? If you do, light a bonfire somewhere far and preferably already secure, maybe the old shelters. Should draw them zombies away.
Distraction is definitely something I'm thinking about, I might keep going, see if things get any worse, and if they do then I'll try to make a distraction.

Anyway, I think it's about time I started working on the next update.

And here it is:
Spoiler: Update 7 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After Notes (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I fixed up another mixed up picture, oh and I just found this message from David, one of the creators of the game that I received early this morning (it usually takes me a while to notice PM's).
Hi, I'm Dave from Screwfly.

I'm loving your Zafehouse: Diaries Let's Play. Let me know if there are any features we can add to the game that can help you. No promises of course, but there might be some potentially useful thing we could add easily.

And if you encounter any bugs, don't suffer in silence! Just send me the details and I'll take a look at it.

Dave
I thought having one of the developers of the game complement me on my LP was pretty nice, I also thought since he's paying attention I'd take a moment to thank David and the rest of the Screwfly team for making the game and taking an interest.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:51:28 pm by Pnx »

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 06:46:38 am »

Great updates. Thank you.  :)
I've now bought the full game and is enjoying it alot.
I just lost a game today. It was absolutely fair as my heavily damaged team tried to breach the hospital to get medicine, ...  :P

It took me a couple of games to notice that if you right click the potraits, then you can see a bit more about their health and energy.

Well, - time to start another diary.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 09:24:44 am »

Alright, I enjoyed the first Zafehouse game. This one looks much better. Bought.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 02:41:11 pm »

I'd scout the school. Logically, if someone would want to tell a big amount of people about a rescue operation, that's where you would leave a message. Check it out.
Move up house by house to the Corral Way. Breach in, search for food and medicine, move up, repeat.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

Great updates. Thank you.  :)
I've now bought the full game and is enjoying it alot.
Glad to hear it!

It took me a couple of games to notice that if you right click the potraits, then you can see a bit more about their health and energy.
Hmmm I don't think I knew you could do that, I'm going to have to try it when I do the next update.

There's probably not going to be an update today, I had to get up early and do some stuff, and I'm feeling really tired. I'll probably do one tomorrow though.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 8, What to do When Faced With a Zombie Horde
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 12:15:05 am »

Ok time for another update. Today I managed to get a nasty migraine that was kind of keeping me from doing the update, and I thought I'd wind up putting this off for tomorrow, but I know from experience that putting something off usually leads to more putting it off, and I'd really like to finish this. So I'm doing an update with a headache, yay.

Update 8

Spoiler: Update 8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: After Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6