Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 12, Sad Face  (Read 19994 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zafehouse: Diaries LP, Update 12, Sad Face
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »

It's possible, but no I think we were burning through food about as quickly as always, once you run out of food you starve pretty quick.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 01:32:01 pm »

Seems silly, starvation should just make it more likely for other bad things to happen because you tend to miss things.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54:35 pm »

I suspect it's set up like that to give you a sense of urgency, although I think the starvation mechanics seem to be a bit too harsh.

Anyway, even if we hadn't starved to death, I don't think we would have seen rescue, we searched the whole block of small buildings, and something like 97% of the hospital without finding the frequency. It's the roguelike aspects of the game, no matter how well you play, if the RNG isn't co operational, you can't win.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 12:57:37 am »

Well done! That was enjoyable, I'm looking forward to more LPs like you.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 08:56:41 am »

Just read the entire thing. Man, this was actually pretty poignant! I'm sad the last update wasn't a little more like the others, but this was absolutely amazing! :) Great one!

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

A semi-necro to let people know, that there is now an update released.
It causes hunger to give negative modifiers, but not a quick death.
The game is still darn difficult, but much more fair.  ;)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:32 pm »

Perhaps with the new update we could have THE SECOND GREAT ADVENRURE!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »

Watching because this game is amazing!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2013, 08:49:11 pm »

... This is like the fourth time you guys have necro'd this old LP. It's starting to feel like you guys are trying to tell me something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »

... This is like the fourth time you guys have necro'd this old LP. It's starting to feel like you guys are trying to tell me something.

I should read things :(

But maybe your signature isn't helping?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:56 pm »

Possibly, I haven't really changed it since I started the LP. I'll switch it to something less innocuous.

I have been considering doing another one of these, I'm going to have a bunch of free time coming up, and while I was considering taking a crack at doing some recorded LP's. But it's looking like my desktop will still be out of action, so doing another LP of Zafehouse: Diaries might be a better idea. It was very fun to write and put together.

Of course on the other hand, the biggest reason why I never did another one was because I was worried about how to follow this one up. I'm not entirely confident of my ability to put together something decent, ontop of that this was immensely time consuming to take all the screenshots, write all the junk, format it, post it, etc...

I'm thinking about doing another, but I'm not sure if I will.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 02:08:05 pm »

Hey, I appreciate the Necro. Just read the whole thing in one go, and it was incredibly enjoyable :D Thanks for the LP, I would love to read/watch your future ones.

And I should look into the game, what with my recent addiction to roguelikes and cataclysm:dda in particular. This game can't be much worse than cata...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]