Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 222867 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #720 on: November 07, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »

I always like it when you're given a choice of main characters that start out slightly different but end up going on the same quest regardless.

If they're mere "viewpoints" it's fine the be exactly the same, sure, but otherwise it's dumb.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:41 pm »

I always like it when you're given a choice of main characters that start out slightly different but end up going on the same quest regardless.

If they're mere "viewpoints" it's fine the be exactly the same, sure, but otherwise it's dumb.

It isn't asking you to chose between two main protagonists but this is between "Male and Female" and the characters are very steriotypical within their gender roles.

If we are making them different then I'd like the female character to be at least a tiny bit less "Staff girl".

Though the male main using an Ax is certainly unique.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:36:26 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 07, 2012, 07:36:50 pm »

It isn't asking you to chose between two main protagonists but between "Male and Female" and the characters are very steriotypical within their gender roles.

If we are making them different then I'd like the female character to be at least a tiny bit less "Staff girl"...

Yeah, I think that our main character needs to be a fighter regardless of they gender. We're kinda hurting for fighters as things stand. The last thing we need is another Mage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 07, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »

It isn't asking you to chose between two main protagonists but between "Male and Female" and the characters are very steriotypical within their gender roles.

If we are making them different then I'd like the female character to be at least a tiny bit less "Staff girl"...

Yeah, I think that our main character needs to be a fighter regardless of they gender. We're kinda hurting for fighters as things stand. The last thing we need is another Mage.

Actually, going to agree with that. Maybe it could be female: hammer and male: axe? Or maybe both for both.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

Since FuzzyZergling hasn't posted it yet, I'll go ahead and share his spritesheet of my Battlechef character(s).

Also, I just had the idea that, if my Kadzars do end up selling items, one of the things they could sell would be a line of Throwing Pies.

Edit: Or the pies could just be potions, but you have to throw them at people for them to work. I don't know, is that too slapstick?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:41:02 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:38 pm »

If they are both using the same weapon... why not mining impliments?

Like Shovels, Picks, and drills.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:08 pm »

Well, a pikeaxe would be awesome, and it's not like we'll be sharing too many weapons between the characters anyways. Sure, let's go with mining equipment. Then we could have heavy drills and chainsaws and power tools...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:14 pm »

Well, a pikeaxe would be awesome, and it's not like we'll be sharing too many weapons between the characters anyways. Sure, let's go with mining equipment. Then we could have heavy drills and chainsaws and power tools...

Yes. Please. I want to see the main character carrying around a mining pick, with a chainsaw strapped across his back. Though jackhammers could be pretty sweet?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

Yeah, pickaxe would be pretty iconic. Liking this already, just wondering if Reudh is down for this.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:44 pm »

How about every PC has it's own iconic weapon/item?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:20 pm »

That's what I thought we were going to do anyways. Or something close enough to it not to matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 07, 2012, 07:50:26 pm »

That's what I thought we were going to do anyways. Or something close enough to it not to matter.

Even if we weren't... I'd assume everyone would have their own unique ultimate weapon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 07, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »

I'll take 'Nightmares' as my item theme, seeing as my power relies on me to take creative approaches to it.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »

ARGH THIS IS FRUSTRATING WHY CAN?T THESE GODDAMN ARRAYS AND HASH MAPS WORK LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »

Obviously your sylladex is clogged. Try a good rap battle.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111