Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 222887 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1095 on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »

Yes so the goal is to make the fake last bosses the biggest collection of overly complex bait and switches only to make Armok come into the game COMPETELY unannounced and make the entire story of the entire game completely superfluous and laugh at doing so.

Then the final dungeon appears. the Wasteland of something... I forget its name.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:15 pm »

I propose 504's be worked into the plot somehow
504 could be a status effect that makes you lose turns and take HP and MP damage each turn, with a 15-25% chance of going away each turn after the second or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 20, 2012, 05:24:15 pm »

The final dungeon is probably either the HFS or VN.

I propose 504's be worked into the plot somehow
504 could be a status effect that makes you lose turns and take HP and MP damage each turn, with a 15-25% chance of going away each turn after the second or something.
Well fuck.

4504'd!

Well damn the strike-through's not visible :/

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 20, 2012, 05:25:27 pm »

The final dungeon is probably either the HFS or VN.

It's VN. Why do you think I put it there?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 20, 2012, 05:25:45 pm »

For fun and profit?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 20, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »

Maybe HFS is the "canon" last area, and VN a secret bonus dungeon?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 20, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »

Well remember the last area is Armok: 1

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 20, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »

Which, in turn, contains the last dungeon, VN. Sounds legit.

HFS is the last area, and VN is the "real" last area?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

Which, in turn, contains the last dungeon, VN. Sounds legit.

HFS is the last area, and VN is the "real" last area?

What is VN?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 20, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

Various Nonsense. Basically GD before GD. Or so I heard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 20, 2012, 06:23:47 pm »

As a separate, tri-ninja'd idea...

Maybe the ghost of the warlord is a recurring mini-boss who also shows up in various sidequests instead of being the bonus boss, a d instead of the previously mentioned end...

Once Tim is defeated, the dwarves offer you entrance to the Upper Realms, where you attain fame through a series of related quests. The central settlement, a dwarven fortress combining the best and the maddest of the community, is a sort of a hub for this activity; every quest you finish ends with you bringing a trophy to the dwarven king. These trophies include magical items and an Adamantine Pick. The magical items let the dwarves explore deeper, safer. Once there are, say, 13 such items in the dwarven king's possession, they will find adamantine once a Demonsbane Amulet has been brought as well, and then mined once the Adamantine Pick is brought. Shops will start offering adamantine goods, easily the best for most items, but within a short in-game period the HFS will be released. Uriel will need to promptly head into the depths of the world and face Armok, who claims credit for everything from the civil war to Tim to the death of the warlord you killed. Then, you try to kill Armok, but can't and seal the gate of HFS with the Holy Log.

Oh, and I might be able to think of some good items to add, since I'm mostly contributing ideas. I just need to know what weapons the PCs specialize in and if you can have item-dependent skills or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:11 pm »

As a separate, tri-ninja'd idea...

Maybe the ghost of the warlord is a recurring mini-boss who also shows up in various sidequests instead of being the bonus boss, a d instead of the previously mentioned end...

Once Tim is defeated, the dwarves offer you entrance to the Upper Realms, where you attain fame through a series of related quests. The central settlement, a dwarven fortress combining the best and the maddest of the community, is a sort of a hub for this activity; every quest you finish ends with you bringing a trophy to the dwarven king. These trophies include magical items and an Adamantine Pick. The magical items let the dwarves explore deeper, safer. Once there are, say, 13 such items in the dwarven king's possession, they will find adamantine once a Demonsbane Amulet has been brought as well, and then mined once the Adamantine Pick is brought. Shops will start offering adamantine goods, easily the best for most items, but within a short in-game period the HFS will be released. Uriel will need to promptly head into the depths of the world and face Armok, who claims credit for everything from the civil war to Tim to the death of the warlord you killed. Then, you try to kill Armok, but can't and seal the gate of HFS with the Holy Log.

Oh, and I might be able to think of some good items to add, since I'm mostly contributing ideas. I just need to know what weapons the PCs specialize in and if you can have item-dependent skills or something.
Sig

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 20, 2012, 06:26:07 pm »

The final fake last boss should be a swarm of fake last bosses.

Basically survival boss rush.

OOOH! even better

To beat the herd of fake last bosses you have to split the party into 3-4 teams.

Either way somehow the last fake final boss should be a swarm of fake last bosses in one fight.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 06:31:28 pm by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 20, 2012, 06:29:29 pm »

To beat the herd of fake last bosses you have to split the party into 3-4 teams.
Except everybody will realize that splitting the party is a stupid idea and the group will just try to take on all the bosses at the same time. Which might be an even dumber idea, but what are we if not occasionally random?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 20, 2012, 06:32:57 pm »

Except everybody will realize that splitting the party is a stupid idea and the group will just try to take on all the bosses at the same time. Which might be an even dumber idea, but what are we if not occasionally random?

No no no,

What will happen is that the team realises that at this rate it will take hours to destroy them all and realise that only 4 of them can fight at once. So they split the teams.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 111