Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116

Author Topic: Necrothreat III, whatever that is  (Read 320142 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat III, whatever that is
« Reply #1605 on: July 30, 2016, 02:55:06 pm »

I'm playing Murderflood. Skip me.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 02, 2016, 08:24:46 am »

To not have any further delay Imic has been pushed a turn forward and it is now Th4DwArfY1's rule!

May you succeed.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 02, 2016, 08:27:11 am »

May I....succession? :P

Alrighty. Downloading now.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 23, 2016, 04:03:44 pm »

So....this is a bit late. I've had the save for a while but write up has been....delayed. I made a jump to Denmark, currently there. Will get write up up soon, right?

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12374

(I suppose I should mention that in order to keep the fort alive, I moved everyone to the outside fort and started reclaiming parts of the fortress. I suggest patching up any holes that may be there or which could occur. Also, the forges have a path designated to get to them, but the last block or two is outside the burrow. This was to make sure it wouldn't happen when I wasn't looking, so it could be blocked off quickly.

Do not open the caverns. There are....fell things in the depths.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:06:01 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1609 on: August 23, 2016, 04:26:42 pm »

Oh, we know. I think the outside fort is fully self-sustainable, it even has tree farm.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 24, 2016, 05:14:01 am »

It didn't have a dining or sleeping area. I have connected the ones already there and blocked them off.

There isn't really all that much in the way of enemies any more, but now they're there I think that they're better off. Less random paths leading outside....
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 04, 2016, 12:17:14 pm »

Just got word that Necrothreat needs me to bring it back from the depths... I will do my best. Downloading the save

Highmax awakens from his eternal slumber...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:50 pm »

Hey, wake up!

...Huh?

On your feet. You have work to do

... Who is that? Why is it familiar?

I didn't give up the afterlife so you can doom us all. Get up Highmax!

Highmax? Is that who I am? Everything's... Hazy...

To think you're supposed to be like me... Lazy is more like it.

Highmax opened his eyes to see himself in this black void with the odd ebb of blue magic surging to a single point that he couldn't look towards. Wincing in pain, he gets up, stiff as the dead and rubbing his head.

"Ugh... Where am I?"

Finally decided to get up? Welcome to our own little part of limbo, Highmax One-Eye.

That title was familiar to him and began to jog his memory.

He was Highmax. A former adventurer who grew weary of fighting. Taking a wife and starting a family, he set out to find refuge against the approaching undead. That was, until...

That look on your face says now you're starting to remember. Apiks told you who you are, did he not?

One-eye looked over towards the voice with a disgruntled look that quickly turned to surprise as he saw a forumite sitting before him clad in armor and carrying a blue blade that seemed to glow. He was sitting on something that he could not see, but rested his sword against the ground with his hands crossed on the end of the hilt. What stunned him most was his look; it was both himself and not himself. Features were different; his hair was a different color, and his skin was just a different shade. Not to mention the fact he had both of his eyes. But without a doubt, this was himself before him.

"What's going on!? Who are you!?"

The armor-clad figure let out a slight chuckle.

Would you believe me if I said I was you but in another world? You can call me by my titles to remove confusion. The Slayer, Ur's Bane, The First Guardian... I knew the Apiks who told you who you were... Well, who I was, to be more specific. I was hoping you wouldn't end up sharing the same fate as I.

Highmax One-Eye stood dumbfounded. Taking his silence as an answer, The Slayer stood up.

Let me put it simply. Ur was the first High Lord Threadromancer, and his power grew to the point he ascended to a state of near godhood. He destroyed Necrothreat once, before Armok re-birthed us for a second chance. Be it in his mercy or his cruel desire for more blood to be shed, I lived twice. And I was slain twice. However, I gained my true potential and saw the horrors that lurked of the old world; a world once forgotten but existed as its own layer of Hell. I was sent there, and I found the Necrothreat I once knew. And in that nightmare I was reborn as I freed my mind and soul from that place as Dwarfy destroyed my undead body. I returned, but I was slain for a third time. Then, as I found that others had been forsaken to that Hell, I rallied all those damned souls trapped in that world below the world, and I took up arms against the High Lord, and I slew him.

I was given the chance to go with those slain in the afterlife, but I stayed. I had a duty to fulfill. A duty that I must pass on to you, One-Eye. I cannot return to the world I came from, and I cannot enter your world. But you can. I am forever stuck in limbo now until you, or another Highmax, makes Necrothreat the true last bastion against the undead hordes until the armies of Ur are cleansed.

I may have slain Ur, but his spirit lives on in every necromancer and every undead monster. Until they are slain, I cannot rest. I accepted my fate when I told the great ones before me I had a duty to fulfill. Now, you must fulfill this in my stead. I will not ask you to share in my fate, but due to how I am in this state of between life and death, I can return you to the world of the living again. I will lend you all the powers I had and bestow it unto you should you agree to help me. However, the price is your family will not know it is you, though you share the same name. The only one who will recognize you is Apiks, but you will remain the stalwart defender that I once was.

I ask you to fulfill this duty for me. Will you take up the Blue Blade as I have done?

The Slayer extended his hand holding the blade out for One-Eye to take it. One-eye looked at him, then at the blade and then back at The Slayer as he saluted the Highmax of Old.

"I will carry this burden for the sake of all of us. I swear by the Blue Blade that I will avenge those who have fallen and to have you return to the afterlife you deserve."

He reached out for the blade and the Highmax of Old gave a nod of sympathy and understanding. Light blue light pulsed the room, emanating from the blade.

*badum...*

One-Eye felt a pain in his chest as he kept his grip on the blade. Another pulse.

*badum*

The Slayer looked at him but while his mouth moved, no words were heard. But he read from his lips "Godspeed, Champion One-Eye..."

*BADUM*

The pain was growing more intense and a stiffled scream was heard in the disatance as it felt like something was being ripped out of his chest

*BADUM BADUM*

Highmax jolted out of her slumber and screamed out loud, gripping her chest and gasping for air that she seemed to have none of. She laid on the hard stone floor as others walked by, not giving a moments glance at the petrified forumite woman lying on the ground. She looked at herself as best as she could and saw already that she was in a body very different that what was before. But touching her hair and where her eye would be revealed she had indeed inherited the features of her old self, with a few extra parts too many.

It's a good thing my family won't recognize me then... The shame would be too unbearable... Now to set things right.

Highmax got up and stormed to the office of Gwolfski II, who jumped at the sight of a forumite woman in mismatched peasant clothes. But in her hand was a sword, once carried by the warrior Highmax.

"Lokum!? What is the meaning of this! Get back to work! I demand you finish the proje-"

Higmax's blade pressed against the forumite's throat.

"My name is Highmax. And you have driven our people to the brink. I will no longer buy into your silly games. I am taking over this fortress, and I will NOT let you, or ANYONE kill us!"

The coup won before the hour, as Gwolfski II always kept to himself and had no guards.

Now came the reformation of the fortress. Highmax cast out Gwolfski as Admin, but kept him as Game Moderator and his previous roles, as no one else would be able to fill them. Now, as ruler, Highmax begun his total reformation and begun to fix everything that those before him had let fall apart.

A new era of Necrothreat has begun...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: September 06, 2016, 10:27:36 pm »

For the first time in ever Highmax doesn't come rushing to Apiks first. My, my, how you've grown  :P
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1614 on: September 07, 2016, 01:10:59 am »

I must say, the people did choose me. And don't even touch my offices.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 07, 2016, 01:12:01 am »

Well, she is ashamed. That's an interesting pick of font colors.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1616 on: September 07, 2016, 02:16:29 am »

Journal of Gwolfski II

Oh God, that was an experience! Highmax  is back! And he kicked me out of Adminship! I'll give him a coup! The goddamn people chose me! I built the tower that saved them!

I feel better now. Hah, the fool. Now people will go to her to complain! 'Oh Admin, there's miasma / corpses / ghosts everywhere ' .

Gwolfski sat on the highest floor in the tower. This place was a stash. A barrel of strawberry wine sat there, along with a pot of assorted biscuits. All the good ones were long gone. A well-crafted AK-47 lay there. To the passersby, it looked as if it just lay there, but actually it was pointed at exactly the right angle to spray anyone who climbed up the tower with lead. Many thoughts came through the dwarf's head. Revenge mostly, bit others were there too.He looked up at the statue above him. The last one left. Now this was a good person. He wiped some of the lichen from Sprin's  stony face.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 07, 2016, 11:21:24 am »

Am I dorfd?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 07, 2016, 12:16:34 pm »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 08, 2016, 12:54:09 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116