Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483602 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2970 on: November 10, 2014, 02:15:21 pm »

> > FoE has 1, so these would grow fast ???
> Having a pile of salvage/building slowly extrude itself from the ground is a bit strange.
Having it excrude itself fast is even weirder. I picked high numbers, so that buildings would almost never grow. But then these things have to be tested in practice.

> Fluff wise, gems direct to hologems make the most sense. But in-crunch, not everyone uses the manager,
> so they will have to scroll through long lists of stuff, which is kinda bad, so in-crunch will support
> just downgrading gems. Personally, I prefer the former.
So hologem making it is. On the plus side, a lot of those extra reactions will be red, because we will rarely get all gem types.

In my last playthrough, I didn't get any ore and I don't think I even got any ore-like stone (not layer one). Consider decreasing default mineral scarcity.

> Can't you make bronze from scrap metal and get steel power armour and chainsaws and such from crates?
I do that, but I'd like more gem types and some of them seem to only pop in non-layer stone.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:35:12 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: November 10, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »

Can't you make bronze from scrap metal and get steel power armour and chainsaws and such from crates? When I played this, I never even bothered mining ore, except to make valuable wall engravings for nobles.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: November 11, 2014, 06:05:36 am »

> Having it excrude itself fast is even weirder. I picked high numbers, so that buildings would almost never grow. But then these things have to be tested in practice.
Okay, in the next version I'll raise the values to see.

> So hologem making it is.
Yep.
> Consider decreasing default mineral scarcity.
More world-gen settings to play with.

> I never even bothered mining ore
I've just realised it is entirely probable to build a completely surface fort with all the industries in this mod.

And I'm really, really tempted to use the localisation patch to change "dwarves" to "ponies".

Update! ASCII and Phoebus

The Phoebus graphics I am using is up to date, so that can't be the problem. Has anyone else experienced the same kind of problem Destyvirago has?
Apart from that, any bug reports and such?

And if I'm pushing out new updates a bit too fast for your liking, please say so.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:55:57 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: November 11, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »

Hello

I got the latest version working. I did have one crash right after my first embark, but trying again it seemed to be stable and I was able to play for a few hours before saving. I didn't quite reach the point where I could test Pipbucks, but I should be there shortly.

Say, how does the work on integrating DF Hack with the mod go? I I haven't gotten to the late game industries yet, but does magic and such work?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: November 11, 2014, 08:02:34 pm »

Ooh, updated to DF2014? I'll have to take a look at this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:17 am »

> I didn't quite reach the point where I could test Pipbucks, but I should be there shortly.
PipBucks, autoinjectors, battle saddles and the like will not work since I have not those bits yet.

> Say, how does the work on integrating DF Hack with the mod go? I I haven't gotten to the late game industries yet, but does magic and such work?
Magic and robotics should work.

And oops, forgot about arcane poisoning. Arcane poisoning would either only affect the worker (through reaction-trigger), or the surroundings (through classic boiling rock). Currently, I am doing the former, since it serves the original purpose (preventing EPs from doing arcane research) and also prevents random innocent hauler deaths. But some may feel it removes the excitement and danger of arcane research or some such. What do you think?

EDIT: And add to that the friendship statuette reactions. Dang, the things I forget sometimes... Anyway, the reactions look pretty strange, does anyone know why the reactions produce multiple of the same syndrome-bearing boulder, apart from the nice <colour> mist effect?

EDIT2: Just going to reaction-trigger the whole thing but leave the boulders in to give atmosphere. The vapour wold not be harmful since the syndrome does not have [SYN_CONTACT] or [SYN_INHALED]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:41:26 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: November 12, 2014, 11:55:43 am »

The Phoebus graphics I am using is up to date, so that can't be the problem. Has anyone else experienced the same kind of problem Destyvirago has?
Apart from that, any bug reports and such?

I get the same issue, it seems to happen almost entirely at random, i could play for an hour and not have an issue, only for it to happen seemingly without cause sometime later.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:52 pm »

Which window crashes, the DF window or the DFHack window? Did you run a reaction right before the crash happens or attempted to save the game?

EDIT: A little talk about industries (Half of which is just ideas):
In the mod, I think most of the industries available can be divided by crate type, for example technology being tied to MWT, Ironclad and Ironshod crates, then being further divided by mid-game/late-game-ness.

- Technology (Completed). Tied to MWT, Ironclad Industries and Ironshod Firearms crates.
 > Mid-game industry. Firearms reverse-engineering/production.
 > Late-game industry. Power armour reverse engineering/production and prismatic forging
- Robots (Completed). Tied to Robronco crates.
 > Mid-game industry: Robot upgrades/maintainence.
 > Late-game industry: Robot production/cyborgs
- Medical stuff. Tied to MoP crates.
 > Mid-game industry: Drug production and auto-injectors.
 > Late-game industry: Cybernetics
- Intelligence stuff: Tied to MoM crates.
 > Mid-game industry: Basic expedition system. Scavenging the wastelands.
 > Late-game industry: Interrogation and assaulting other factions
- Energy weapons: Tied to MoA crates
 > Mid-game: Energy weapon reverse-engineering/production
 > Late-game: Crystal Pony energy weapons (Probably based on Finding Rainbow Dash)
- Magic: Tied to MAS crates:
 > Mid-game: Spell system.
 > Late-game: Megaspells
I think these would be like the main industry trees that can be built upon. Probably there would be some other stuff like Stable-Tec things and hazmat suits.

Also, in his development list, Lycaeon mentioned that beyond 1.0 is what happened beyond the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows. I wonder how to implement that. It seems the best way is as a seperate mod, since having that happen in game is going to rely on a ton of fancy DFHack stuff/ be impossible/be too gamey .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:49:51 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: November 13, 2014, 08:25:06 am »

Which window crashes, the DF window or the DFHack window? Did you run a reaction right before the crash happens or attempted to save the game?

The DF window, At the time of the crash i was not running any reactions other than ones present in Vanilla.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: November 13, 2014, 09:55:27 am »

Did you try to save the game when it crashed?
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: November 13, 2014, 10:56:13 am »

Did you try to save the game when it crashed?

No, It just occurred out of the blue shortly after embark, The most recent version doesn't seem to crash randomly for me however, at least it hasn't done just yet

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 13, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

That's good, please tell me if it does. Apart from that, is there any feedback/suggestions you wish to give?
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 13, 2014, 11:09:04 am »

That's good, please tell me if it does. Apart from that, is there any feedback/suggestions you wish to give?

I've found that FPS drops like a stone very quickly, but that isn't something that has an easy fix.

I'll let you know when/if it crashes again also.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 13, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »

> I've just realised it is entirely probable to build a completely surface fort with all the industries in this mod. 
Yep, with the abundant wood and low quality salvage, it is easy to wall off a square of the embark fast and construct dormitories and other buildings.

> And I'm really, really tempted to use the localisation patch to change "dwarves" to "ponies".
Is there any reason not to?

> And if I'm pushing out new updates a bit too fast for your liking, please say so.
Well, I wouldn't start a fort intended to last, but I might play again in the weekend.

If dfhack updated, you might want to take a look at newest version of DF, because it may solve the "Unity invades, ponies die" problem.

> Arcane poisoning would either only affect the worker
This.

> does anyone know why the reactions produce multiple of the same syndrome-bearing boulder
My best guess is that it didn't work with one, so more were added. Creatures sometimes fail to use their syndromes whenever they can, which tends to break interaction chains that jump among multiple creatures.

> Just going to reaction-trigger the whole thing but leave the boulders in to give atmosphere.
This may make sense with arcane research, but not so much with parties and such (unless you think of it as confetti).

> Which window crashes, the DF window or the DFHack window?
Is there even a way to tell? Crashes affect the whole thing.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 14, 2014, 01:33:58 am »

> I've found that FPS drops like a stone very quickly, but that isn't something that has an easy fix.
It could be due to the sheer amount of random junk you get from salvage.

> Is there any reason not to?
Could be seen as a bit disrespectful to the Toady One...

> because it may solve the "Unity invades, ponies die" problem.
There's a problem like that?

> Is there even a way to tell? Crashes affect the whole thing.
In Windows at least, the window which crashes turns white while the other has the normal colour, and the notification pops up when that window is selected.

And another question, does anyone play the ASCII version?

Oh, I just remembered I have not added the new personality traits that came with .40.xx. Do you think those are necessary? If so,  what do you think the values should be?

EDIT: More stuff on personalty cos I'm bored:
And here is a list of what I think they should be, please comment [Note: Default values is 0:50:100 (lower bound:median:upper bound), "a bit higher than average" would be something like 0:60:100 while "higher than average" would be 0:75:100]:
- abstract_inclined: Default
- excitement_seeking: A bit higher than average. Come on, having spent their lives cooped up in a concrete bunker, who wouldn't want a little excitement>
- activity_level: Default
- thoughtlessness: Default
- swayed_by_emotions: Higher than average. Explains the belly-button gazing.
- tolerant: A bit higher than average. Case example: Blackjack.
- closeminded: A bit lower than average. Converse of tolerant
- privacy: Default
- curious: A bit higher than average, another case of being cooped up in underground concrete bunkers
- hopeful: A bit higher than average, Stable ponies tend to be the ones that change the world or something
- singleminded: Default
- vengeful: A bit lower than average
- humour: A bit higher than average
- gratitude: A bit higher than average
- ambition: Higher than average, "saving the world" and all that
- vanity: Default
- bravery: A bit higher than average
- disdain_advice: Default
- politeness: Default
- wastefulness: Lower than average. Underground concrete life support bunkers and all that
- violence/greed: Lower than average.
- Envy propensity: Default
- Love propensity: Default
- Lust propensity: Default. Because I really do not wish to go there.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:03:39 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 210