Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 960593 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Straining at the gate.
« Reply #1200 on: January 10, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »

I was wondering that myself.  The end of turn info block has him back on the third level, so perhaps it was just metaphorical.

But yeah, I don't blame you- there's no way I'd roll over and give up either.

Shooting fire spears out of your eyes is pretty awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:40 pm »

"Karenthar Rosha-halel!"
Spoiler: Known words (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 10, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »

Nice flesh altar!
Not very useful however.......

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 10, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »

Nice flesh altar!
Not very useful however.......
((Eh. This is more of trying to establish whether the altar faded because of something intrinsic to one of the words or because I didn't provide it with a material.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 10, 2013, 05:26:12 pm »

If you don't provide an image for an object it is just a
Shimmering Image!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:38 pm »

Shimmering Image!
((Well, What I mean is that if Rosha-halel is just the concept of an altar, with no physical attachments. A flesh altar will look morbid, but it will show me what it means, at least.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 10, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »

Shimmering Image!
((Well, What I mean is that if Rosha-halel is just the concept of an altar, with no physical attachments. A flesh altar will look morbid, but it will show me what it means, at least.))
No, no, no. An altar of flesh isn't morbid. Think big, this is Bay12! Stab that altar several times to make the flesh altar bleed, cast a spell to make the bleeding permanent and infinite. Then it's morbid.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 10, 2013, 06:12:59 pm »

((Just wondering would someone try "Gastropit Rothon Gastropit" as I want to know what happens when someone is hit with poision lightning))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13:57 pm »

Shimmering Image!
No, no, no. An altar of flesh isn't morbid. Think big, this is Bay12! Stab that altar several times to make the flesh altar bleed, cast a spell to make the bleeding permanent and infinite. Then it's morbid.
((Or if it has spikes, impale some players on them. After all, what good is an altar without sacrifice?))

((Just wondering would someone try "Gastropit Rothon Gastropit" as I want to know what happens when someone is hit with poision lightning))
((They die))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 10, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »

If next to Possibly, try to help him not die and kill him with my jagged obsidian stump if this doesn't work.
If not, mutter a prayer to some god which would accept Possibly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »

What happened was

GWG stood next to him
He flew away for battle
GWG is still on 3rd floor

So GWG isn't next to him

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:31 pm »

OH FUCK MY HAND

Plu-shastaron Esprio!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 10, 2013, 06:26:20 pm »

OH FUCK MY HAND

Plu-shastaron Esprio!
(1) You grow several immovable hands from your back

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:05 pm »

((Why would they die?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

Susan licks her new friend and says hello.
You lick batman with your metal tongue.

"SWEAR TO ME!"

Toaster do you happen to know any words for metals?
Say Word
Aim at phil!

[phil dex:1+1]
[javier dex:6-1]
[pot:4+1]
[dex:6-1]

[phil dex:6+1]

Phil leaps away from your eyebeams of corrosive black poison, into the south stairwell. Unfortunately he leaps a little too hard and ends up tumbling all the way down the stairs to the second floor.
[end:5]

He ends up at the bottom of the stairs in a bruised and unhappy, but otherwise uninjured, pile.

"Karenthar Rosha-halel!"
Spoiler: Known words (click to show/hide)
[pot:5]

A great mound of flesh grows in front of you, swelling upward till it's several feet high. A solid white plate of bone forms atop it, like tabletop, and curving ribs or tusks sprout up beside this table. A deep divot appears in the tabletop, swelling out to form a basin embedded in the Altar.

If next to Possibly, try to help him not die and kill him with my jagged obsidian stump if this doesn't work.
If not, mutter a prayer to some god which would accept Possibly.

"....um....Is there a patron saint of drunk, Scottish, murderers? I feel like there is, I just don't know it..."

(I was fucking around with that post, since you couldn't reach him. Sorry, should have made that obvious.)

OH FUCK MY HAND

Plu-shastaron Esprio!

[pot:4]
A cage made out of blood appears in front of you, holds it's shape for maybe a half a second, and then splatters down all over the stone. You are still bleeding.

Continue!

Note to self, do not disguise assassination attempts with thinly veiled puns.

Were you not actually trying to kill me?  If not, be careful when sending PW "If X is attacking me..." style conditional actions.
In truth, I was. I had a set of words to shoot spears made of fire at you. Out of my eyes. It would have been glorious. So, as regrettable on my part as these events were, I deserved this outcome.

Turn. Potentially more Turn. Wonder how GWG got onto the fifth floor.

[thrakor dex:4+2]
[possibly dex:5+1]
(Simultaneous actions)

[possibly pot:2+2]
[Thrakor dex:2+2]
[thrakor str:5]
[possibly pot:2+2]

Possibly speaks his words, spitting blood as he does, and a mark crawls across his flesh, covering him from head to toe and wiping away the other marks as it goes. As it spreads Thrakor takes flight. He shoots to the fourth level and leans his staff against the wall just long enough for him to grab the thunderball from where it fell and hurl it at Possibly. As it flies, Possibly's mark finishes spreading and he activates it. His body fades black and flesh becomes rubber; his entire body transforms into living rubber. His bleeding stops immediately and he stands back up, suddenly feeling fine.

And then a thunderball clocks him upside the head and sends him tumbling off his pillar and down onto the 4th floor. He isn't hurt by the fall though, rubber and all.

((@Toaster: Yes, the arm.

Also lol at the batman.))

"Damn it! Now or never!"

Will bear. If bear's not having any of my sass, Words.

EDIT: Also Murder Words regardless.

[will:3-1]

The bear grumbles and huffs but doesn't move, preferring  instead to keep sitting around near the stairs with you.

You sigh and drag yourself outside, looking for your target. Wherever the are now, you can't see them. They must be hidden by the lip of a level or behind something. Oh well.

You crawl back in and try a few more words.
[pot:6+1]

A solid dome of steel, a foot thick, materializes around you and Tamara's cuddle pile. It is absolutely fucking pitch black in there and there aren't any exits. 

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:1/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][second floor, bottom of south stairs]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 3/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs. Hidden in cloth.]

Possibly(9):Onyxjew: Pool:3/5 (some cloth,flesh staff. Entire body, living rubber.) [fourth floor, southeast area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(13):Toaster: Pool:4/4 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[fourth floor, west side]

Javier:Javier: Pool:1/3 [Third floor, west stairs.]

Talos: Spinaltaper: Pool:3/4 [Fourth level, north section.]

I wonder if anyone has noticed?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 435