Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 960974 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2070 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

I vote for demonic carnage, should it matter.

On another note, I'm starting to like Null. He's such a loveable goof.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 04, 2013, 05:17:00 pm »

Retrieve scroll with left hand!

If I can get to Larry without throwing myself in danger or he can get to me, grasp him with my right hand and
Dorbaelo Kenthablaw Roth Chall-thel Shaazeshelial
him to... whatever the result is!

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 04, 2013, 07:00:26 pm »

Quick question: What do you think is the craziest spell to have been cast in this RtD so far, piecewise or anyone else?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 04, 2013, 08:49:31 pm »

I'm a fan of the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR personally, though if I want to toot my own horn, the Hell Arm was pretty awesome.

Also, I'm using this turn to dispel a little uncertainty about both the singularity and the greater demon, but watch this space!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2074 on: February 05, 2013, 01:27:04 am »

"Alright Null, keep the spear. Although did you really have to steal it? I mean, you're an all-powerful mage lord, it wouldn't be too much trouble to make your own, would it?"

"Hey, Tamara, can you have your bear man open the scroll? It's probably safe, but there's always a chance that it's booby-trapped. I want to know what sort of secrets are kept in there. Oh, and do you mind if I take that blood staff of yours? I can probably use it to keep us safe."

Climb down from the pillar and run to Tamara. Grab the blood staff if she's okay with that. Then do things with it. If Tamara attempts to grab me and say things, be totally okay with that.
Retrieve scroll with left hand!

If I can get to Larry without throwing myself in danger or he can get to me, grasp him with my right hand and
Dorbaelo Kenthablaw Roth Chall-thel Shaazeshelial
him to... whatever the result is!

Larry meets up with Tamara for his date, however it is destined to be a disappointment because the only thing she's doing with her mouth is shouting magic words.
[tamara pot:4+1]

A full body mark covers Larry.

And,as it turns out, the large roll of paper is exactly that, just a large roll of blank paper.

big mistake buddy...

whip my hand thingy around derms throat then rip it back to saw through his neck.

((We are so fucked... me especially, can someone please take out that spear?))
Get out of range and throw a word at Steve.
[Steve dex:5+2]
[Derm dex:1-1]
[steve str:5+1]
[derm end:2]
Steve Lashes out with his spiked vertebra whip hands and wraps one of them around Derm's neck.

"Normally this is where I would say some sort of clever one liner, but I'm not very creative so I'm just gonna murder you."

He jerks back violently Derm goes spinning back in a spray of blood and shredded flesh.  He staggers for a few seconds and then collapses to the ground, crumbling into ash.

[Steve points a gain.]

Damn you 504 errors, making me think I sent something!!!
Experiment!
[pot:4+1]

A big old pyramid of concrete appears in front of you. Cool, now you have somewhere to be buried.

"You just had to give him the spear, didn't you?"

Word.

[pot:4+1]

A mark appears on your left arm. Hopefully not one of arm exploding.

Stuff.
[pot:5+1]
[dex:2]
A magic circle appears in front of you and a beam of pure arcane energy erupts from it and screams across the fourth floor. It misses the giant diamond and the man hiding behind it by a good 2 feet though. Dang it.

Only one person cares if I murderize the whole area via demon summoning or singularity?  Man, you guys are no fun.

"It's not nice rubbing your greasy hands all over the staffs of other people, Mr. Null!"

Magical Plan "Danger to myself and others"

[pot:2+2]

A block orb the size of your head appears a few feet away. It hangs in place silently for a few seconds before it begins sucking in everything around it with rather catastrophic force.

[dex:2+4]

You run, half throwing yourself away as the void devours Null's bag and starts dragging the pillars of the central platform in towards it.

"Aw, I liked that bag." Null says, eying the nascent blackhole from a distance. "

[null pot:4+3]

That enormous, very toxic looking snake Null summoned earlier returns and wraps itself around him.  He hands the spear to the snake, who holds it in it's mouth. Null pats the head of the creature.

EDISON TRENT APPEARS ON THE SECOND FLOOR, WEST STAIRS.

Tamara Volk(8):Tsuchigumo550: Pool:2/8 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[third floor, south area.]

Joesph Smuck:Angle: pool 1/3: [fourth floor, west stairs]

Larry(4):wwolin: Pool 0/0: (Full body mark) [Third floor, south area]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 1/2: (Spider man.)[fourth floor, north Stairs]

Edison:Derm: Pool:3/3 [Second floor, west stairs]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:3/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[first floor, Center]

Javier:Javier: Pool:1/3 (Left arm marked)[Fourth floor, south stairs]

(4)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (Both hands Spiked, spinal whips)[Second floor, north stairs]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:29:31 am by piecewise »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:34 am »

cowardice time

+1 to will... for the love of all that is good and murderful i gotta get me some magic defence quick.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 05, 2013, 05:11:11 am »

Rub Joseph's head for trying his best

You put the left arm mark on the wrong Guy...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 05, 2013, 07:37:11 am »

GOD DAMMIT.

PUT ME BACK IN THE LIST!

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:52 am »

Sorry Derm but you left me no choice  :(

Although I honestly thought i was dead that turn.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:42 am »

How am I supposed to murder you guys to fire off a giant kickass hamehameha wave IF YOU KEEP KILLING ME!?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 05, 2013, 08:11:39 am »

Pick targets without +2 to dexterity

Ideally you should aim at people with -1 to endurance and dex ranging from -1 to +1 at the highest.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 05, 2013, 08:17:22 am »

He doesn't keep track of the stats anywhere I can immediantly see them.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2082 on: February 05, 2013, 08:26:42 am »

Cower behind my steel wall and cry to myself.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 05, 2013, 08:29:28 am »

Just look at their pool count and roll bonuses, if they are low on souls and have 3 pool and a +1 to pot then they probably meet the criteria for slow and squishy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 05, 2013, 08:51:36 am »

Wow, that's not what I expected to happen at all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 435