Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958607 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2012, 01:34:33 pm »

((End.  I have two pool, have done a two word action, and ended the turn 1/2.))
Except that with two pool and two words, it doesn't matter. Start with 2 pool from last turn. If you gain pool at the beginning, you have 3 before casting,

Except you wouldn't have three because your max is two.  If you're trying to sneak in one more word than you have the ability to say, it's not going to work.
I was going to say that this could still work if you assume the point goes directly into your spell, but yeah, then you'd be able to say words one longer than your pool without an explicit restriction.

So yeah, it's probably the end.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 04, 2012, 03:29:37 pm »

It's the end. I got a pm confirming this.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2012, 03:48:03 pm »

((I absolutely love this game. When- more like if- it winds down, I'd love to see the list of effects each word has (not necessarily the words, just all the meanings) and run this locally with my friends.))

"Ow. I can't even make a useful toothpick..."
If anyone tries to attack, hit them with my hitting stick.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2012, 03:59:09 pm »

((I absolutely love this game. When- more like if- it winds down, I'd love to see the list of effects each word has (not necessarily the words, just all the meanings) and run this locally with my friends.))
This. I don't know many people but someone I know has a group I think would like this. I think the diplomacy would be interesting, especially if people still could keep their spells secret.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »

just write them down and hand the gm your words directly or use instant messaging software like windows live.

What i wanna know is how many of the words have healing effects.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

What i wanna know is how many of the words have healing effects.
I'm willing to bet that there's multiple ways to heal. Some things that might work if found and used properly are: Flesh, Life, Energy, Radiation, and any number of solid things to replace lost body parts. This is all speculation of course. Some will probably work better than others. Possible suggestion for the game: Ability to spend points gained from killing to heal yourself.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »

"Five feet of fun... Shocking, isn't it? Now how to pick it up... My rubber hand's no good, but hopefully someone will find a spell to make flesh sooner or later. In the meantime, let's see about making a shock-proof hand that actually moves."

If nobody tries to attack me, then use Phrase A. If someone does try to attack me, then use Phrase B.

((This is honestly the most fun I've had in an RtD. And I haven't even gotten to really zap anyone yet))

[pot:5]

A pair of human arms, complete from roughly the shoulder down, and made out of solid rubber, drop to the ground in front of you. Well...thats a thing.

((I'm having fun))

Adam mine throwing a spear while picturing a spear being throwed at Yurf saying "wood release: Longinus GWP"
"Gah, shit."
Yurf peered at his foot. This wasn't going well. With a yell he lunged at his opponent, swinging one large fist at him!

>Charge the guy and punch him hard in the jaw. Launch myself off my non-wooden foot so I don't end up falling over.

>Once I (hopefully) hit/stun/knock him down, grab him by the throat and begin to strangle whilst simultaneously bashing the back of his head on the floor!

"Turn me foot inta wood, will yer?! Gonna... Crack ya skull... Like a ripe... Melon!"

((Edited this a bit. :P
As for comments, this magic system seems very fresh and fun. Usually I avoid magic-based games, and obviously I'm not playing much of a mage here either, but I actually find the system here interesting.))
[adam dex:4]
[Yurf dex:1]
[adam pot:1+1]
Adam yells his word as Yurf clops toward him. A tiny sliver of wood drops onto Yurf's head. He doesn't seem too bothered by it.
[yurf dex;6]
[adam dex:1]
[yurf str:5]
[adam end:2]
Yurf clocks adam in the face with his good fist and leaps on top of the downed man, strangling him and bashing him against the ground with his one hand.
[yurf str:5]
[adam end:4]
Despite repeated blows to the head and an annoying lack of oxygen Adam remains conscious and struggling.

((Oh yes, quite fun. Moreso now that I'm not dying every other turn, but that was quite entertaining as well (if only I'd finished that fool off... :P).))

Bide my time.
You tap your foot and wait for your cosmic batteries to refill.

((Again, hell yes I am.  It's got the right combination of puzzle and action to make you eagerly anticipate the next action.  Also, your quick update style helps it not get stale.))

Thrakor peers about.  Looks like no one's actively trying to kill him.

Back to testing!

Magic Plan 8675309!

[pot:3+1]
You feel a sudden pain in your right arm arm and look down to see strange black designs coiling up your forearm, living tattoos moving from your shoulder down to your wrist. In the center of your forearm, surrounded by the tangle of intricate lines, is a circle. Inside that circle a strange symbol glows a sort of dull gold and then dims.

"Maybe peace isn't that far off, not total peace mind you. What's the point of magic without test subjects, eh?"

Call out Generic.

((This could end really badly. If I accidentally kill anyone with this, know that it was not intentional. Your death was in the name of science.))

(hey, is there any reason you keep emailing me these rather then just telling me them through pm?)
[pot:4+1]
Thrakor shimmers for a moment, shimmers in an odd way, you can't quite put your finger on, but nothing seems to happen.

"Ow. I can't even make a useful toothpick..."
If anyone tries to attack, hit them with my hitting stick.
No one appears to be trying to murder you to death, so you just sit and wait.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [First floor, next to YURF]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood)  [first floor, Near north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:1/2 (left hand is rubber) [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(3): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless. Right arm marked,)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [Second floor, near north stairs]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:33 pm »

Adam will push Yurf off and then yell GWP at him while thrusting his arm at Yurf
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

((Didn't even notice I was. I'll check for it next time.))

"That was.... anticlimactic."

Shrug and play with something else. Generic.

((Damn, I was kind of hoping for something a little more murderous or at least interesting. But I guess not all spells end in fire and brimstone.

I think you asked for opinions on the RTD, Piecewise? Loving it. The possibilities for innovation are endless once your vocabulary is built, and !!science!! is always fun.

Edit: Am I the only one who wants to kill the two that are fighting? It kind of feels like the combat is taking too long and a well-placed blast of fire would really speed things along.

Personal greed isn't really helping that decision.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:32:35 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2012, 05:29:10 pm »

Point at Yurf, and INITIATE PLAN SCIENCE!
((Don't panic. Unless things go horribly wrong this might help.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »

The hell is that?  Well, one way to find out!

Push the button!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2012, 06:59:42 pm »

Point at yurf and their combat partner. Kallth Donth!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:03:46 pm by Person »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 04, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

((Whelp Adam doomed))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »

Point at yurf and their combat partner. Kallth Donth!

((I'm not alone! -claps like a child- I think this should become a thing. Murder any group of people who start fighting. Primal instincts are right sometimes. Kill the weakest members of the pack at their most vulnerable. I'm probably going to regret starting this, should it take hold.

Fun.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2012, 07:19:49 pm »

((I tried to SAVE him from falling from the push. Then everyone... jumped in. Actually we should clusterfuck our spells on a single point and see what happens.))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 435