Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958686 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »

"Hnn. Good."
Yurf clambered to his feet, casting a wary glance at the various others in the room as he grabbed his downed opponent. Being stuck wasn't fun. He didn't like that at all.

>Stand up and move over to the sword, using Adam as a human shield!

>Once I have it, finish him off and then sprint to the southern stairs and take cover.

>If my wood-encased foot makes it hard to walk, pause briefly to try cracking the wood against the floor.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »

Run to a safe distance, then Rothon them.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2012, 06:06:18 pm »

"Well now I've really gotta kill you... That spell is for everyone to find out on their own."

"Hey, Yurf! How about you and I team up? I bet I could make you something nicer than that plain old sword you're after. Us one-armed bandits need to stick together."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:11:42 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:03 pm »

"Well now I've really gotta kill you... That spell is for everyone to find out on their own."

"Hey, Yurf! How about you and I team up? I bet I could make you something nicer than that plain old sword you're after. Us one-armed bandits need to stick together."

((Need some help with that? I'm a bit bored and some murder via Veins to Magma sounds fun. Plus he did use a word I already know out loud. And that's just not a nice thing to do.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2012, 06:32:12 pm »

((If he survives this turn, go for it. But hopefully, if this spell works, Eye will be the strongest. Anyone who gets that reference now probably knows what sort of spell I'm doing.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

((If he survives this turn, go for it. But hopefully, if this spell works, Eye will be the strongest. Anyone who gets that reference now probably knows what sort of spell I'm doing.))

(( Dear god. Not Nineball. ))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »

To be fair, Rothon was used out loud early on- it just seems everyone (myself included) missed it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »

To be fair, Rothon was used out loud early on- it just seems everyone (myself included) missed it.

Precisely. Forbidden knowledge need not be hidden, only unknown.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2012, 07:00:15 pm »

Precisely. Forbidden knowledge need not be hidden, only unknown.
((...this may end up in my quotepile.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2012, 08:16:53 pm »

((Interesting...))

((How about spells to rebuild the massive damage that will no doubt eventually be done to the arena?))

Damn it!  That was useless.  Time to screw with the arm again.

Take cover again.  Focus on the arm attempt to activate it.  Think of unleashing its power, then try thinking of it healing me, then recharging me, then it flying out and killing someone.  Point at someone randomly for that last one.

((Thanks for the tip- I'll have to check it against my annotated copy.))
You hide behind your favorite hidey rock and look at your arm. You focus on it and think about activating it, though you're not sure what it will do.

As soon as you think about activating it the symbol in the center of the circle glows again and the circle itself breaks apart as the glow spreads to the other lines. Within an instant your entire right arm, from shoulder down, has been transformed from flesh into bronze. You start to freak out when you notice that it still moves and reacts normally, though flexing your fingers does cause them to squeak like an rusty hinge.

Be unconscious

Will (barring being kill) Adam pop back up randomly or do I put wake up until he rolls good?
(If he stops strangling you you'll wake up the next turn. However I doubt he'll stop unless someone kills him.)

"Oh god... Hmm. I have an idea... but... Damn it, I need another word! Maybe! Argh, so annoying!"

Get as close as I can to Yurf from the third floor, as if I was looking to drop something on him.

Point out over the ledge of the third floor and yell "GET TO COVER" before saying Kenthablaw Talo!

Turn my back and cower to protect myself from my own spell as soon as I speak.
"I guess I'm getting some vengeance for the trees... after all, these books are kinda needlessly large.

((Seriously though. Everyone might want to back the fuck up, I have no idea how this one is going to react.))
You walk to the edge of the ledge and look down at the combatants far below. You speak your words.
[pot:1]
[end:1]
Both of your legs stiffen and then turn brown, flesh solidifying into wood from the hips down.

"oh my GOD, I'VE GOT WOODen legs."

Retreat to cover behind a pillar.
There are no pillars on the third level (thats the one with the central platform remember) so you just cower in the stairwell, same as always. Huh, Sanya looks to have made her self immobile...and so close to the ledge too...

"This is starting to feel less like science and more like scribe duties. Maybe I should blow a few holes in the fabric of reality to let off steam."

Speak Generic.

((I should check the book now, then. I had no idea it would change at all. Thanks for the heads up on that. Think of all the science I could have missed!))

[Pot:5+1]

The result of your newest word is...odd.  It comes into being as just a lump of blinding light but it instantly breaks apart into countless specks or particles of brightly glowing dust that swirl and flow in ways that defy all physics and wind. They seem to be self organizing, forming hard lines of glowing light that then form images of nested euclidean solids. After a few dazzling seconds they vanish.

"Hnn. Good."
Yurf clambered to his feet, casting a wary glance at the various others in the room as he grabbed his downed opponent. Being stuck wasn't fun. He didn't like that at all.

>Stand up and move over to the sword, using Adam as a human shield!

>Once I have it, finish him off and then sprint to the southern stairs and take cover.

>If my wood-encased foot makes it hard to walk, pause briefly to try cracking the wood against the floor.

[str:5]
You drag the man by the throat, over to the sword and drop him. You pick up the sword with your good hand and proceed to stab him in the chest until his body crumbles to ash.

You wait just long enough to absorb the pinprick of light that comes from the body and then hobble-run your way to the south stairs and hide.

[adam is dead. You gain one point]

"Hey, buddy, I don't mean to piss you off, but one of us has to die soon. And my plans are too glorious for it to be me. Now, may the best man win!

Use my rubber hand to gag Jamie, and use My Spell.
[lepus dex:1]
[jamie dex:3]

Jamie avoids Lepus' flailing and backpedals a few feet until Lepus is in range before yelling his magical word.

[pot:6]
[lepus dex:2]

Lepus vanishes in a blinding storm of electrical discharge, his body collapsing into ash before the spell can even dissipate.

[lepus is dead. Jamie gains a point]

Alani and Cog appear on the first level, both standing in the Gazebo area.

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3  [Third floor, right next to the edge]
Cog: Red: pool:2/2 [first floor, center of gazebo]
YURF(2): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood)  [first floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Alani: Yellow: Pool:3/3 [first floor, central gazebo area]
Thrakor(3): Purple: Pool:2/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless. Right arm living bronze,)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Jamie(7): Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [Second floor, near west stairs]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:00 pm »

Alga dashed towards Sanya, snatching her around the waist.

"Lucky I need you alive," she whispered, dragging her off to... "safety."

Drag Sanya around to the northern stairwell. Do Magic at a nearby wall once I'm done.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:24:22 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:47 pm »

"Oh gods, oh gods. WHICH ONE OF YOU DID I OFFEND? I'D LIKE TO KNOW SO THAT I CAN MAKE AN IMMEDIATE OFFERING TO YOU..."

"Ahh! T-thank you... I don't know how I'm still alive, but, every bit helps... I have an idea. It's a bad idea. It's a horrible, horrible idea, and I'll probably wind up doing more horrible horrible things while trying to science this away, but damn it I like my legs! And my mobility!"

"All right... This is... probably useless. Really useless... but..."
Rali-Heliel!

((Oh god, I'm playing with fire now. Metaphorically.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »

"Whaaaaaa? Book? Book! Reveal your secrets book! Ha! Magic words! I'm sure absolutely nothing can go wrong if I shout them."

Turn to the person next to me and shout GWP GARSTOPIT while making a shoving motion at him.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »

Killed by my signature spell... Oh well, combat's picking up again, so I'll probably be back soon... Hopefully someone can keep my lightning rod safe until I return... Because I now know how to pick it up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2012, 08:46:55 pm »

The result of your newest word is...odd.  It comes into being as just a lump of blinding light but it instantly breaks apart into countless specks or particles of brightly glowing dust that swirl and flow in ways that defy all physics and wind. They seem to be self organizing, forming hard lines of glowing light that then form images of nested euclidean solids. After a few dazzling seconds they vanish.

((I could not agree more. I have a feeling that this is the first time I would have wanted a lesser roll.))

"Wat."

Stop staring in amazement at.... whatever that was, and say Generic.

Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 435