Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962030 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #375 on: December 06, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »

Eh. I knew I should have been specific.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

Piecewise:  No problem.  I figure 4/5 dex wouldn't exactly make a difference in that case- it was more important to make sure I knew what my stats were.

Onyx:  I'm perfectly willing to stay over here on the northeast corner for now.  I've consolidated power (and am going defensive) in the interest of doing some more research.  There's really no where else to go that isn't in the thick of it.  If it's really going to be a problem, say so now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 06, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Also, if I start attracting too much attention, I'll just go mobile.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »

((Holy shit. Favored attack spell FOUND!))

Dash up the stairs, find The Target and speak The Words at it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:55:39 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 06, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »

Onyx:  I'm perfectly willing to stay over here on the northeast corner for now.  I've consolidated power (and am going defensive) in the interest of doing some more research.  There's really no where else to go that isn't in the thick of it.  If it's really going to be a problem, say so now.

((I can live with that. Best of luck with your studies.

Edit: Piecewise, would you mind bolding or otherwise signifying any additions to the Book? It takes a rather long time sorting through the entire list, looking for impurities.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:01:05 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #380 on: December 06, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »

Edit: Piecewise, would you mind bolding or otherwise signifying any additions to the Book? It takes a rather long time sorting through the entire list, looking for impurities.))

Part of the reason why I don't tell you when new words show up is because I don't want people immediately trying those words, for a variety of reasons.  Also because the book is magic and it's not gonna tell you every time something in it changes.

If you don't like that because it makes keeping an annotated list difficult, you may just be better off keeping a list of words you've tried and know what do separate from your list of all the words. That way new words showing up won't require you to search through everything because they'd just show up under the complete list and you could pretty easily see you haven't tried them when you compare the big list to the small, known list.

I can tell you though that not a whole lot have come. I think there's like 10 that have shown up since the game began. I'm sorry if that makes things difficult But I really can't think of any other way to "sneak" word updates in there without basically making it something like "Hey guys, I just added this word. Better try it out right now!"  I know it's the first thing I'd do :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:02:33 pm by piecewise »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2012, 07:12:11 pm »

I rather like the randomness. I imagine it more of a system of the arena- wizard overseers are fucking with us.

I'm kinda suprised a flesh-element word hasn't cropped up, with all the science being done. Might not be there, but if it isn't, then "healing" might be more of a ... six-word concept?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »

"HOLYSHITITSTHEPLAUGE!"

Shout GWP at the poor sod next to me, again making a shoving motion.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »

I rather suspect that there's a flesh word in there, but we just haven't found it.

Bonus points for the first person to recreate Mr. Pillow.

(PS I edited my action slightly)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

Part of the reason why I don't tell you when new words show up is because I don't want people immediately trying those words, for a variety of reasons.  Also because the book is magic and it's not gonna tell you every time something in it changes.

If you don't like that because it makes keeping an annotated list difficult, you may just be better off keeping a list of words you've tried and know what do separate from your list of all the words. That way new words showing up won't require you to search through everything because they'd just show up under the complete list and you could pretty easily see you haven't tried them when you compare the big list to the small, known list.

I can tell you though that not a whole lot have come. I think there's like 10 that have shown up since the game began. I'm sorry if that makes things difficult But I really can't think of any other way to "sneak" word updates in there without basically making it something like "Hey guys, I just added this word. Better try it out right now!"  I know it's the first thing I'd do :P

I'm actually approaching it systematically. I figure if I live long enough, (and with Swiss tactics working beautifully, I probably will), everything will have it's turn. My main problem is if I skip a word I didn't know existed, filling in the blanks is a shock to the program. But I see what you mean there. I guess I'll just check it every few turns.

Thus continues the search for armor/stoneskin.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »

Right now I'm looking for a way to get more pool regeneration- a turn per word makes testing a slow thing.  I do have a useful contingency spell now, though I assume a bronze arm just gives me a nasty right hook.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2012, 08:17:08 pm »

Right now I'm looking for a way to get more pool regeneration- a turn per word makes testing a slow thing.  I do have a useful contingency spell now, though I assume a bronze arm just gives me a nasty right hook.

Can you move that arm?  I think the metal limbs are just dead weight. I think I know where the magic increases are hidden, but I'm not quite sure. I'm keeping off them for a short while until I find protection. What use is limitless power if you're too dead to use it?
Greater Collection

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

Jeez, piecewise, what is it with you and turning peoples' arms to metal?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:06 pm »

Jeez, piecewise, what is it with you and turning peoples' arms to metal?

Is it a recurring theme in other RTDs as well? Or just Steel Arm, Gold Arm, and, newly minted, Bronze Arm?
Greater Collection

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2012, 08:33:51 pm »

I'm tempted to make a Garstopit Arm.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 435