Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962055 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »

((Yurfs already got one.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 06, 2012, 08:42:47 pm »

Well, you know, the kind that gets better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 06, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »

Well, you know, the kind that gets better.

I wonder how many containment spells and complicated ruins you would have to use to keep that powerful of a virus/toxin/parasite/bacteria/disease/venom/whatever from spreading to the rest of your body.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

((I'm trying to find the right spell to make my legs function again.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »

Since it can rip up stone and steel, probably some serious magic.

IMO, Garstopit is concentrated evil.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:17 pm »

Since it can rip up stone and steel, probably some serious magic.

IMO, Garstopit is concentrated evil.
I just consider it poison. But whatever it does, death is definitely it's final directive.

((I'm trying to find the right spell to make my legs function again.))

Oh, you're the one with the wooden legs, right? That must suck. Sadly nothing for healing yet.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:00 pm »

I'm trying to pull the same thing for the bronze arm, as in, have mobility. If I can get things right I'll have a mech-suit :P
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 06, 2012, 09:26:08 pm »

I'm trying to pull the same thing for the bronze arm, as in, have mobility. If I can get things right I'll have a mech-suit :P

Any materials you have in mind for your armor? I have a feeling wooden armor would be a bad idea. I did just find words for fire and molten metal, after all. Plus wood is organic matter, so Garstopit would transmit through it.
Greater Collection

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »

Yurf frowned. There was that word again. Magic clouds of poisonous gassy death. He didn't like that word.
He didn't like it at all. It just, wasn't fair, ya know? "Real peoples is fights wif swords an' shit," He grumbled softly to himself, "Or at least maybe one a' dem fireball things."

>Not wanting to risk injuring myself removing it, remove my shirt and wrap it around my clogfoot to muffle it.

>Resist urge to flex.

>Stealthily make my way up behind Cog, raise my sword, and lop off his head.

+1 to Dexterity.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:41 pm »

Any materials you have in mind for your armor? I have a feeling wooden armor would be a bad idea. I did just find words for fire and molten metal, after all. Plus wood is organic matter, so Garstopit would transmit through it.

I was going to use metal... or maybe something intangible. Like light.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: December 06, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »

"Maybe it's the fact that my blood... may or may not be circulating anymore. Maybe it's that I've lost a lot of my cells, and maybe it's because of all the magic, but holy gods, I'm tired.

Close eyes and attempt to rest in the corner I'm in.

You sleep like a log.

And now the giant target is painted on my back.  I shall stat accordingly.

Stats:  +2 End, +3 Dex, +1 Will, +1 Channeling.

The power... it tastes good.  A strong defensive urge takes over.

Run back and hide again!  If anyone approaches with hostile intent, speak MAGIC at them.

Piecewise:  Shouldn't I have a +1 to dex?  Not that it really mattered for this turn, but I want to make sure my stats are what I think they are.

Also Irony, way to open a gate to the Chaos Plane.

((Hooray! Garth has been avenged at last.))

Your soul tasted like evil.
You skitter behind one of the large stones and hide from what you assume is coming retribution/greed.

((Don't I get a plus one for Potency rolls?

Edit: Oh, and obscenely powerful new guy? Would you mind leaving the fourth floor? It's kind of my current makeshift lab and you being here is nothing good for either of us.

• A: You attract attention to me by being on the same floor and charged with magical power.
  • B: I could easily kill us both, or just you or me, with an accidental lava magma flow/magical backlash. I do that from time to time.
  • C: Do you really want to be anywhere near me when I find out how to control minds? Your will score isn't exactly high enough to protect you from domination.

-That moment when I realize I just threatened someone with a power level over 9000- Feels good, man.))

"Why can't magic be simple again.....? Duh, because that wouldn't be any fun!"

Stop moping over confusing spells and !!SCIENCE!!
You stop worrying and learn to love the magic.

((Holy shit. Favored attack spell FOUND!))

Dash up the stairs, find The Target and speak The Words at it.
You run up the stairs and look around. You don't see your target up here...but you know you saw him up on this level a moment ago...He's got to be close.

"HOLYSHITITSTHEPLAUGE!"

Shout GWP at the poor sod next to me, again making a shoving motion.

(uhhhwell I didn't get a pm or email or anything so...assuming garstopit?)
[pot:5]

The air around the guy on the ground darkens to green and is shot through with black tendrils. A moment later it clears and there's nothing left but a pile of ash and a single pin prick of light. The light floats up and into your chest.

[Alani is dead, you gain a point]

Right now I'm looking for a way to get more pool regeneration- a turn per word makes testing a slow thing.  I do have a useful contingency spell now, though I assume a bronze arm just gives me a nasty right hook.

Can you move that arm?  I think the metal limbs are just dead weight. I think I know where the magic increases are hidden, but I'm not quite sure. I'm keeping off them for a short while until I find protection. What use is limitless power if you're too dead to use it?
You read back you can see that he could indeed move that arm. Because that arm wasn't the result of a [pot:1] failure.

Jeez, piecewise, what is it with you and turning peoples' arms to metal?

Is it a recurring theme in other RTDs as well? Or just Steel Arm, Gold Arm, and, newly minted, Bronze Arm?
Well, in Eisensteinian Roulette, my other game, People have told me I mangle a lot of limbs. But thats because I use a targeting system that has a 4 out of 6 chance to hit a limb. So there are lots of limbs being blown/chopped/torn off.

Yurf frowned. There was that word again. Magic clouds of poisonous gassy death. He didn't like that word.
He didn't like it at all. It just, wasn't fair, ya know? "Real peoples is fights wif swords an' shit," He grumbled softly to himself, "Or at least maybe one a' dem fireball things."

>Not wanting to risk injuring myself removing it, remove my shirt and wrap it around my clogfoot to muffle it.

>Resist urge to flex.

>Stealthily make my way up behind Cog, raise my sword, and lop off his head.

+1 to Dexterity.

You wrap your foot in the rags that are covering your upper body and then peek out. Cog is standing in the center of the gazebo area with a pretty clear view of everything around him. Sneaking up on him isn't gonna be easy, if even possible now that he's not distracted with murder.

Susan appears on the second level, right next to the south stairs.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3  [Third floor, west stairs]
Cog(2): Red: pool:2/2 [first floor, center of gazebo]
YURF(2): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood)  [first floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:3/3 [second floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (bob): Dark red: Pool:2/2 [Second floor, north stairs]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »

"Damn. Guess I wait."

>Hunker down in cover, use the tip of my sword to carefully chip away the wood encasing my foot, without letting the blade point at my foot itself.

>If anything goes wrong, stop immediately. Keep a watch for anyone approaching, stand up and ready my sword if they do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »

Wake up, sleepily. Try to move legs. Remember all the shit that's happened in the past... ten minutes. Bite back sadness.

If anyone tries to attack, glare at them, point accusingly, and speak magic for what I assume is "Back the fuck up."

"Hey, wood foot guy! Looks like we have similar problems! Don't touch anything on fire!"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:34:43 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »

Alga clicked her tongue in annoyance. Too late now.

Head back down stairs, speak Words at wall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:34 pm »

"Damn. Guess I wait."

>Hunker down in cover, use the tip of my sword to carefully chip away the wood encasing my foot, without letting the blade point at my foot itself.

>If anything goes wrong, stop immediately. Keep a watch for anyone approaching, stand up and ready my sword if they do.

((...YOU'RE ON THE FIRST FLOOR. YOU JUST WATCHED ME GET MURDERED. THANKS.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 435