Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961967 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1515 on: January 14, 2013, 06:59:27 pm »

((The wording I think you would need is "form" "material" "element" or "material" "form" "element" Otherwise I don't Believe that it would work as you intend))
No, I am trying to make a magic sword. Arcane Steel Sword is the direct translation. If I get the blade from Arx Fatalis, then all the better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 14, 2013, 07:20:31 pm »

Last time you did that, the energy dissipated, and you didn't have a hand.....
So obviously according to your logic, the smart thing to do is to do it with your arm?
No no no, that was a staff. Which I grabbed.
The absolute worst that will happen is that my arm will blast itself off my shoulder. Which isn't great, but it's not worse than what I have now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 14, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »

Actually, I think the arcane arm would cauterize itself....

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »

I'm gonna be making weapons for you Null slayers, but if you want something that isnt a staff, I need the form word.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 14, 2013, 07:42:21 pm »

Again..... Null would just always dodge your attacks...

He cannot fail a dodge....
He cannot fail a spell.....,
And he has a shield.......
But he can fail controlling things.....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:47:13 pm by javierpwn »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 14, 2013, 07:46:48 pm »

Oh god, crazy-ass idea. Make his arms be controlled by someone else. "Why are you hitting yourself?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 14, 2013, 07:50:08 pm »

Again..... Null would just always dodge your attacks...

He cannot fail a dodge....
He cannot fail a spell.....,
And he has a shield.......
But he can fail controlling things.....
((He can fail a dodge. You just have to roll higher for aim than he does for dodging))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 14, 2013, 07:52:14 pm »

Which is why I'm going to be making weapons. The first one I make is just going to be an idea (if you can get me the words for "sword") and then I'll take requests.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 14, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »

I just gave Tsuchi a really cool weapon....

It might not be safe for fleshy human hands though......

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 14, 2013, 08:04:04 pm »

I just gave Tsuchi a really cool weapon....

It might not be safe for fleshy human hands though......

Which is why I need a fifth word to make it.

All right, how about this. From now on, if you request something, and don't give me a useful word I didn't know, I roll some numbers. 2d6. Roll two ones, and I kill you. Roll two sixes, and your request happens ASAP.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 14, 2013, 08:06:20 pm »

It wouldn't be safe because of the magma you fool!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »

Tsuchigumo gestures, and Javier's corpse begins to shudder

Someone say Zentol zzeralthonth
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:16:43 pm by javierpwn »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1527 on: January 14, 2013, 08:18:04 pm »

((Fucking knew it. Well, at least that's confirmed.))

Awesome news:
You've got 7 feet of steel below the belt.
((Also lol.))

Be dragged out of the dome. Examine where me and my new leg are connected.
Your knee to his head. He's wearing you like a jaunty little fez.

The man wanders over to the central gazebo and sits down near the strange hole.

You can still play of course. It's gonna be an in universe transition.

Bigger Arena....I suppose you could say that.
((Oh shit. Are we going to invade the world or something?

...we're going to Hell, aren't we? Like, a literal fiery hell where someone gets eaten every few turns.))

Zentol Garhantel Zzeralthonth Conthal!
[pot:2+1]
A tear opens up in the ground inside your dome and something crawls out. You can't see it very well in the weak light of the done, but its the size of a rat and it hisses at you.

tighten grip and bash his head against the floor. Also knee him in the groin...repeatedly

Zentol Garhantel Zzeralthonth Conthal!

OH SWEET JESUS!!! KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW!
I have no desire to be eaten by a cylindrical feline voidmonster with a property i forgot.

Ok, first action is to say CAINTHALSAZ SHAREEB TAROCAL.
Arcane blade, go!

[some dex:6-1]
[Steve dex:3+2]

Some shouts his words while attempting to make Steve stop strangling him, and steve, for his part, continues to try and strangle  Some.

[some str:1-1]
[steve str:5]
[some end:4]

Steve strangles some, repeatedly bashing his head on the ground and kneeing him in the groin. Some takes it all surprisingly well, all things considered, but all these blows to the head and lack of oxygen are making it very hard to stay conscious, let alone talk.

Pick the thing up. If it for some reason attacks me with the paper because it is sentient point at it and say "Hobitaeaod Celthel" in the hopes of subduing its control over the paper. If it instead does nothing start experimenting with it, such as attempting to control the paper, or see if the glow can stimulate growth of cells by summoning a lump of flesh, "Karenthar".

In the off chance that I can't pick the thing up at all because it is too heavy or the glow makes me "crazy" I will rather use "Skizicks" on it.

Daw, not what I wanted, but close enough. Hopefully I will know which one is the void/darkness word soon.

You walk over and try to grab the thing hidden under the paper but jerk your hand back as you get about 50 paper cuts. OOOOW.

You look down at the paper. Hmmm, its not actively attacking you, it's just kinda spinning around that, whatever is in there.

At least he hasn't seriously hurt me yet.

Thrakor hops back to his feet and scowls.  "I don't see much action out of you either, big boy!

Command the electric golem to attack him... again.  Also command a ceiling crystal to break off and impale him.

If that second one is valid, of course.  I don't think there are any other crystals lying around that I could use.  I'd totally be boned without this staff- it gives me attacks to do while recharging my pool.  That bastard golem was four words- he better be helpful.

Of course the word for crystal is Hathic if anyone wants to give me some ammo.

[dex:3+2]
[null dex:3+2]

[will:2+1]
The living electricity Doesn't quite seem to understand what you want. It wanders over toward the center gazebo.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Am I boring you?" Null says. He lifts his left hand above his head. You see a faint glow leaking out of under the scraps of cloth covering his arm.
[null will:5+3]

The solid stone disk that makes up the roof of the gazebo and the floor of the central platform-a puck of stone more then 20 feet in diameter and several feet thick-shifts, grinds and then slowly lifts into the air, taking Balmora with it. The bridges snap as it moves and finally stops, hovering above Null.

"Lets get this started in earnest, then."

Hm.

Piecewise:  Shouldn't I have +2 to Will now since I got 9 points, screwed up and only added eight, then added the last point to Will for a total of 6?
Yeah, dunno where that point went. Fixed it now.

Oh darn... gotta adjust my math... hell still be worth 40+ provided i dont find out his endurance is only +2 but yeah

To clear this up: 32 is the Soul level. So 40 is the max number of points you can have (as a human, under normal circumstances, you'll see what I mean.) Null was made with these 40 points. If Toaster kills him,it will be worth 10 to him. However, if anyone else kills him, it will be worth (40-their current total points including starting points). Ie whoever kills him goes to max power instantly.

Also, you can't really calculate his pool since he hasn't used any of it yet.

Screw it, I don't feel like being subtle anymore. And we're already spreading magical knowledge willy-nilly. And it's not like these words aren't common knowledge.

"Je'Rael-Cainthalsaz! Hurry!"

You seem to have forgotten that you have a full body tattoo you just never activated. Oh well though.

[pot:5]
The mark all over your body fades and a new one appears on your left arm.It glows as it settles into place and then goes dormant.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][first floor, north area]

Grin(4):Ironyowl: Pool: 2/5 (Left leg is a man)[First floor, center]

Balmora:Kinesen:Pool: 3/8 [third floor, center platform]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:2/5 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[First floor, west side]

Some Nut:ArchAIngel: Pool:4/4 [second floor, south stairs]

Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 [second floor, south stairs]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »

The weapon shop will be making it's first run the next turn... I'm ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 14, 2013, 08:29:21 pm »

I had a what?

Try to activate mark thingy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 435