Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958669 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2280 on: February 16, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »

"Hey, Steve! I bet you a magical weapon I know exactly what she's about to do!"
Id say your on but i couldnt pay up if you win
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:28 pm »

Don't listen to him!
Listen to me! I'll give you magma knives!!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2282 on: February 17, 2013, 03:31:33 am »

+3 str because i forgot to spend my last point and anna needs murderising
whip my right whip around annas throat then wrench my arm around to saw through her throat and throw her over the edge of the level.

your going to pay for that wench, theres only enough room in this arena for one abomination and i dont need a portal to reach you.
"Teamwork is the best work! But I need points too, so I can fix that whip of yours. Maybe next time you can hold someone down while I ram my wood down their throat."

Climb onto Anna's head and cover her mouth so that she can't speak. Commence with the wood-ramming down throats.
"Treacherous freaks."

Words.
"~A-woo, a-woo, it's a won-der-ful life for me, a-woo.~"

Work for the betterment of science everywhere.
[Tod dex:4+1]
[anna dex:3-1]
[Larry dex: 4+1]
[steve dex:6+2]

[steve dex:3+2]
[Anna dex:5-1]
[Steve str:6+2]
[anna end:2-1]

Steve recovers his balance in an instant and lashes out with his remaining bone whip. Anna dodges a fatal blow but still catches a storm of sharpened bone spikes to the shoulder. One of the spikes catches her right in the shoulder joint and buries itself in deep, getting stuck between her bones.

"Gotcha." Steve says, starting to pull her toward him.

[larry dex:4+1]
[Anna dex:1-1]
[anna end:4-1]
[larry str:1]

Larry globs his way onto Anna's head but can't manage to force himself into her mouth; she keeps her lips sealed tight.

[Harry pot:6]
[Larry dex:1+1]
[Steve-anna combined dex: (2+2)+(1-1), 4/2=2)]

Tod charges up stairs and straight into the clusterfuck of murder going on over by the west stairs. He waves hello and then shouts a word at them.  A magic circle appears beneath their feet and another above them. They vanish into a pillar of burning arcane energy that leaps between the two circles.

[Steve, Larry and Anna are dead. M-m-m-MULTI-KILL! Tod gains 13(!) points]

Word.

((Step One For Null's Ultimate Blade: Found.))

[pot:5+1]
You get a shimmering image of what look like greaves, or maybe shin guards? Some sort of leg armor.

Thrakor cocks his head to one side.

"You know, I feel weapons is the best way here.  I'll have to make my own, though, since I don't have one.  So what, you mean a regular weapon or a fancy magical one like yours?"

Allow him to fix my chest.  Deactivate mark if he does so.  Summon weapon, if now is the time.

EDIT- Thanks, good catch.

[null will:4+3]

Your chest reforms, the hole filling itself in.

"And since you can't undo that mark on your own."

He taps you in the head with the flat of his blade. Your body fades back to normal and your mark vanishes.

"And when it comes to weapons, I suppose you can decide. I won't be using this, regardless." He says,  pointing at the sword.

DERM, BABA and CORSAIR ALL APPEAR!

Corsair:Corsair: Pool:4/4 [Third floor, center platform.]

Stephen:GWG: pool:1/1 [third floor, south stairs]

Baba:Akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [fourth floor, east stairs]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 1/2: (Spider man. body of arcane energy)(no legs)[5th floor, North area, on pillar]

Tod-1(14):Harry: Pool:1/1 [Third floor, west stairs]

Thrakor(31):Toaster: Pool:5/5 [Third floor, east stairs]

Rand:: Pool:3/3 [first floor, west stairs]

Derm:Derm:Pool:4/4 [second floor, west stairs]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: February 17, 2013, 03:41:05 am »

Well that was ridiculous...

Rewaitlist
Name:sven
3dex
3pot
1end
1pool
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: February 17, 2013, 03:47:42 am »

((Holy crap, I can't believe that worked. Opportunistic douchebaggery wins again. Seriously, it's the only thing that's worked for me in this game. Granted, this comes at the cost of less survivability, but what can you do.))

+5 Potency, +5 Channeling, +3 Dexterity

"~A-woo, a-woo, it's a miraculous life for me, a-woo. A magical-magical-magical-magical-magical life for me~"

Grab all that ash (if there is any) for safekeeping. Run down to the first floor. Camp down in a spot as far away from usable entrances (yet also not in the gazebo - wasn't there a collapsed stairwell there?) as possible. Should any try to stop me, answer with my new favorite word aimed at them (unless it's Null, in which case just leave quietly). If not, do something else.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:37:12 am by Harry Baldman »

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: February 17, 2013, 04:35:15 am »

Lets see if the turtle beats the bear shall we? Run over to Corsair and poke out his eyes. Then
murder him with fists.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: February 17, 2013, 04:57:22 am »

Der fook. DER. FOOK?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: February 17, 2013, 07:17:26 am »

"Great shot! Why does everyone ascend to godhood in one, usually accidental, move? Ah, just as well. I have a book to learn."

Word.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:08:38 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: February 17, 2013, 09:32:04 am »

"Works for me.  Alakazam!"

Magical weapon summon go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:37 am »

((Well... Damn.))

Name: Wilbur Rose
Appearance: A reporter sent to cover Perplexicon after the cable in his home town was cut. Oh, the things we do for public entertainment
Stats:
Strength 0
Endurance
Dexterity 3
Potency 3
Will 0
Channeling 2
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: February 17, 2013, 11:29:29 am »

"RIGHT THEN." Derm yells, pissed the fuck off at repeated insta-deaths. "Let's fucking do this."

Words.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: February 17, 2013, 11:52:38 am »

Hey look.... He isn't stupid enough to only have 1 pool this time!

Kill them for me Derm! I gots to get back in this!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: February 17, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

Hey look.... He isn't stupid enough to only have 1 pool this time!

Kill them for me Derm! I gots to get back in this!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: February 17, 2013, 12:58:10 pm »

I will take words as payment of vengence.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2294 on: February 18, 2013, 03:00:50 am »

((Holy crap, I can't believe that worked. Opportunistic douchebaggery wins again. Seriously, it's the only thing that's worked for me in this game. Granted, this comes at the cost of less survivability, but what can you do.))

+5 Potency, +5 Channeling, +3 Dexterity

"~A-woo, a-woo, it's a miraculous life for me, a-woo. A magical-magical-magical-magical-magical life for me~"

Grab all that ash (if there is any) for safekeeping. Run down to the first floor. Camp down in a spot as far away from usable entrances (yet also not in the gazebo - wasn't there a collapsed stairwell there?) as possible. Should any try to stop me, answer with my new favorite word aimed at them (unless it's Null, in which case just leave quietly). If not, do something else.
You run down stairs and hide in the makeshift bunker that the collapsed stairwell provides. However you don't have the magic to say the words you want to this turn.

Lets see if the turtle beats the bear shall we? Run over to Corsair and poke out his eyes. Then
murder him with fists.

Corsair is standing on the third floor, center platform.

The platform that had all the bridges to it broken.

The one you can't reach.

"Great shot! Why does everyone ascend to godhood in one, usually accidental, move? Ah, just as well. I have a book to learn."

Word.
[pot:1+1]
You get a shimmering image but it's too vague to make out anything about it.

"Works for me.  Alakazam!"

Magical weapon summon go!

[pot:6+3]

You get a goddamn MASSIVE stone mace. It's like...a boulder on a stick.

"RIGHT THEN." Derm yells, pissed the fuck off at repeated insta-deaths. "Let's fucking do this."
[pot:3]
You get what amounts to a shoulder pad made of arcane energy trapped in an envelope of repulsive force. It amounts to this because thats exactly what it is.

Corsair:Corsair: Pool:4/4 [Third floor, center platform.]

Stephen:GWG: pool:1/1 [third floor, south stairs]

Baba:Akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [fourth floor, east stairs]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 2/2: (Spider man. body of arcane energy)(no legs)[5th floor, North area, on pillar]

Tod-1(14):Harry: Pool:2/6 [first floor, east stairs]

Thrakor(31):Toaster: Pool:1/5 [Third floor, east stairs]

Rand:: Pool:3/3 [first floor, west stairs]

Derm:Derm:Pool:1/4 [second floor, west stairs]

Words.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 435