Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961910 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2460 on: February 25, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »

Dora teh Explorer!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2461 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:29 am »

In case you're wondering, you now have 10 points to spend making a character, and the stats are:

Strength: Damage from physical blows, lifting things, wearing heavy armor, not being a girly man.

Endurance: Absorbing damage, continuing to fight when injured, minimizing debilitating effects like poison or being drunk and being able to continue being active for longer and not crying for 10 minutes after you stub your toe.

Speed: Seeing who acts first, dodging, running away, or otherwise doing things where you gotta go fast.

Dexterity: Hitting accurately, sneaking, balancing and the like. Ie not tripping over your own big fat stupid feet and punching yourself in the face.

Awareness: Seeing things that are hidden, intuiting things about the world, realizing an attack is coming and generally not being a half comatose idiot.

Potency:  The stat that determines  how powerful and and how successful a spell will be. This is the stat that is rolled every time  spell is cast. 

Will: The strength of your mind. Helpful for things that require a strong mind, like not being mind puppeted or controlling things.

Channeling: Determines your capacity to cast spells. Each point  in this stat adds another point to your maximum pool. Each point in your pool is another word you can speak. Ie, if your channeling is 3 and you have 3 points in your pool, you can speak three words.

Feel free to remake your characters as you see fit.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 26, 2013, 03:10:00 am »

Well that was ridiculous...

Rewaitlist
Name:sven
3 speed
3pot
1end
1pool
1 dexterity
1 awareness
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:12:27 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 26, 2013, 03:30:20 am »

Are you able to show us the gods so far and their bonuses?

Also next sheet:
Strength: 3
Endurance: 1 
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 0
Awareness: 1 
Potency: 1   
Will: 0
Channeling: 3
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 26, 2013, 05:42:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:28 am »

Same as before, just add a point to speed and awareness.

Strength: 0
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 1
Potency: 1   
Will: 1
Channeling: 4
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing (Now accepting characters)
« Reply #2467 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:02 am »

Even me?  Curious how this Null thing will finish up.  I could always just cast another super-boosted black hole and end everyone- that last one was just 5 pot and I can go up to 9 now.

New Piecewise RTD?  Instant re-in.

Spoiler: Thrakor 2.0 (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 26, 2013, 09:33:38 am »

Can we make up brand new characters a head of time too?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:15 am »

Tod-1, about to speak words that he is sure will grant him unheard-of power, suddenly experiences a sort-of tingling sensation. It feels rather odd, but... right, somehow.

"~Awoo... it-is-time... it-is-time-for... VERSION-UPGRADE-IN-PROGRESS!~"

He begins to twitch in a wholly unnatural fashion, twisting, turning and making sounds best described as wholly unnatural as all three of the holes in his head widen in a silent scream.

"~UPGRADING... UPGRADING... PLEASE-WAIT. WHILE-YOU-WAIT-LET-ME-TELL-YOU-ABOUT-THE-NEWEST-FEATURES-IN-THE... BUH... ah...~"

He straightens out as the now-incompatible souls of a great many people stream out of his pale body, making strange patterns in the air as they disappear off to parts unknown. At the end of the ordeal, he looks smaller, weaker, somehow. But there now is an odd spark in his eyes, a hint of something more powerful that was not there before. In addition, he also seems to have sprouted a long, thick and bushy full beard in the area around his mouth-hole, oddly-enough.

"~Welcome-one-and-all-to-the-new-and-improved-version-of-your-very-favorite-home-defense-solution... TOD-2!~"

Spoiler: Tod-2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:15:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 26, 2013, 10:10:45 am »

Seems this is going new places, if you got room for a new face I'm willing to give it a shot and be put on a waiting list.

Fixed up to new standards.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2471 on: February 26, 2013, 01:47:07 pm »

Can we make up brand new characters a head of time too?
Sure, go for it.

Are you able to show us the gods so far and their bonuses?

Well, I'm going to leave a lot of it secret, let you find that out of your own, just like the words, but I can tell you this much:

There's a god that will work well for those who don't want to use magic. One for those who want to specialize. One for those who just want to see the world burn. One for those who prefer trickery and guile.  One for the writers, another for the slippery, a third for the hard to kill and a fourth for those who want to be just a little more....strange.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:05 pm »

I'm going for a good guy this time instead of an evil little kid. Character for the part 2 thingy!

Name: Ryan
Appearance: Looks kinda out of shape and is a little short compared to average. People tend to think he's younger then he really is by his appearance. He's actually 20.

Strength: 0
Speed: 0
Dexterity: 3
Potency:  3 
Will: 1
Channeling: 1
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 26, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »

I'd like to join too, if possible.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 26, 2013, 05:04:47 pm »

Definitely back in.

This should be epic. Oh, and those of us who were already in/on waitlist get to jump right back in without a rearrangement of the world order, right?
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 435