Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961637 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2745 on: March 07, 2013, 01:31:45 am »

"God dammit, be right back."

QUickly rush back outside and say things.
You run back outside and do some of the magic that you do do.
[pot:6]
A tattoo appears and immediately activates, transforming your flesh into pure repulsive force.

See if I can control stone by shaping Circle A3 in some stony surface.

I uh...don't see why you would be able to do that...So you can't.

"Oh gods, it's going to breathe fucking fire at me, isn't it? Kill it chair! Kill it with bling!"

Hop off of my throne before commanding it to become a giant floating gold hand and rip the stoner's lower body off.
Hop off of my throne before commanding it to turn into a big old golden hammer and fly into the hands of Syvarris' minion. Then get the hell out of that room.
[spd:4]
[Smolderer spd:1]
[will:6+1]
You leap off the lump of gold as it transforms into an enormous golden hammer that menaces with spikes of gold and is encrusted with gold, gold and gold. It's engraved with an image of Larry. Larry is giving the thumbs up.

The hammer flies across the room and into the hands of the Necrotic Giant.

"And with that, I'm out of here bitches. Later."

You run back into the the basement hallway, leaving Syvarris to deal with both the monstrosities on his own.

HA HA. HA. SCIENCE SUCCESS!
Calmly rest while science juice regenerates.
Ask if I can have the Metal Rod, for sciencing.

"I wonder... If I play around with these runes a bit, and put them on something that isn't just earth... I need Pool though.

After obtaining the Rod, watch the area with the death-crows carefully.
Rather then go all the way down stairs to get a rod from the people down there, A rod you really shouldn't know about, You grab a 2 foot long copper rod from the pile of crap Thrakor magic'd into existence. Your rod in hand-har har- you walk over to the very edge of the temple grounds and look down on the path. You can't see anything of the fight going on below, thanks to the cloud cover.   

"Time to see if my new, and improved, crackpot theory works."

The Return of Red Wizard

[pot:2+1]
You summon a solid diamond tooth pick. Yep.  That worked. You stick the toothpick in your mouth and run down stairs into the storage room. Another chrome hopper wanders out of behind a box.

"It would appear," You say, shifting the toothpick to the side of your mouth, "That this area has a high spawn rate. Perhaps simply charging in here over and over like morons was a poor idea!"

Well... this looks like it's gonna take a while. I'll come back after they clear the room and hope there is still something useful to me.

Go upstairs one floor and look around to see what all is there.

You wander upstairs and look around. Well..there are lots of very carefully carved pillars here, and a door on either side of the room, as well as a door out to the temple grounds and a spiral staircase up and down.

hmRun down the path;Yelling Garstopit if anything gets too close
[spd:5]
[SC spd:2]

"Ahem. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

You sprint away through the mist, down the path and out of the cloud cover. You find yourself on the lower part of the switchback, just above a village carved into the side of the mountain. 

"That's more like it!"

Head into town and explore, especially looking for a quest or trainer.
You continue down the path until you come across a structure. It's an ancient looking 15 foot tall wall of rough cut, cobbled together stones and mortar.The wall completely blocks off the pass, save for a small doorway in it's center. To the left is the solid rock wall of the mountain and to the right is a 30 foot drop off down to the first roofs of the village.  Beyond the gate the path takes another sharp turn to the right and continues down to the village.

The ground here looks recently trodden; and not by human feet.

use a sheet or robe to create a makeshift sling or pouch and stick all my loot inside it, walk over to the dooray to the store room and wait.

Hand tsuchigumos character a knife and a candle then go back to watching frankenstein vs the chrome hopper.

If either the chrome hopper or the walking bellows get close enough to the doorway to be within spell range dart in and yell my word then step back out

You use a sheet from the beds and make yourself a hobo bag. You dump your junk into the sack and walk upstairs and out to the temple grounds. You hand Sanya a candle and one of your knives, and thats all you can do for now.

Well, carp.  I knew I should have used eyebeams...  On the other hand, I now know my gauntlets don't interfere with that spell!

Command minion to pick up Wwolin's hammer, then kill the hopper!  Say Zentol at the new monster, unless hopper attacks me.  Then run away after that.
[Hopper spd:2]
[Smolderer spd:5]
[Spd:3+1]
[Minion spd:5-2]

[Smolder dex:3]
[spd:4+1]
[pot:4+1]
[end:4-1]
You duck as the smolderer unleashes a gout of flame from it's distended maw and shout a word back in it's face.

The entire room shakes and the candles keeping it lit go out. A new light appears in the pitch darkness of the room, a red glow from a growing magic circle. Slowly it draws itself in the air before you, a massively complex thing with eight fold symmetry. And then it opens, its eight sections sliding back and revealing what lies beyond. You can see nothing beyond a vague shadow, a dark hole in the pitch black. Something comes out. The glow of the Smolderer vanishes, as does the chirping of the chrome hoppers. Something Burns in your gut, sends you to your knees, coughing bile and blood.

The candles light again a moment later and the room is empty of all enemies. You pull your robes open and look at your stomach. A pattern has been burnt onto your stomach, a pattern with 8 fold symmetry and eight closed eyes. Three of the eyes open as you watch.

"Hmmmm. This may still be salvageable..."
Place hand on steel. Attempt to levitate both some of the steel and some of the bone. Repeat with a hand on the bone.

Nothing happens. Dang it. Maybe you're missing something?

"~Hee-hee-ho-ho-hah-hah!~"

Chuckle and say more words.
[pot:6+1]

A giant sheet of arcane energy appears behind you and goes spinning off into the distance, right off the side of the mountain.

"Huh."

Silica follows Sanya. She also says words. She will take cover if there are enemies nearby.
You wander over to the edge of the temple grounds with Sanya and give a few words a try while you look down at the clouds.
[pot:5+2]
A long staff made of a strange, glowing dust. It drifts slowly to the ground, distorting the stone as it touches down, twisting it into sine wave spikes. It stands there, perfectly straight for a moment before vanishing.

"Hmm...maybe there's a word for "Solid" to keep it from breaking apart."

((Well that bellows thing sounds bad))

Walk into the room and point at which ever one I can get a good shot at with relative chance to hit then say new words

Huh....well something very unsettling just happened in there and now there's nothing left...Maybe best not to go in there...

"That didn't quite work as I wanted. Maybe I'll say it backwards?"

Reverse the word order. Bandage myself. Mentally command the blood to clot.
[Pot:3]
More bandages made out of blood that just disperse. Getting dizzy here.

"Can you tell me more about Flux and this Mark of Flux? What does it do? And why did you only say 7 names?"

Ask moar questions!
(The missing of the last name wasn't intentional. I apparently just can't count. Explains why I've been doing the rolling for this entire turn using a turnip)
The last name is Shub-shalsheil of the Inksea.

Flux is god of change, of movement, of quicksliver. To know her is impossible, for she is always different in form. She values evasiveness and a changing nature.

The mark you bear is simply the mark of your adherence to her as an acolyte. Your blood is now her quicksilver. As it is, that mark will make you difficult to hit, sometimes much more so. Please her, and greater powers shall follow.

Walk over to the room with the Monk, as him this:

"Hey, I'd like to ask you something. Can you tell me more about the gods these shrines are dedicated to? Gotta make sure to not cause accidental smiting of myself."

There are eight in total: Yo-drell of the Deep, Sha-calun the Everflame, Flux, Parathun the Fleshsmith, Scarlon the Mask, Blastel and Nul-sheal the Green.  The Mark of Flux is upon you. What information do you seek?

"Now, I don't mean to interupt, but that's only seven names, no? Anchor of the eight, eight rooms below, eight gods... Who's the last bloke?" Glassco asked after a few moments to ponder on what he heard previous. He waited a moment to see what the response would be, but then he got an annoyed look on his face slightly later, just now realizing how long he's been talking, and sighe.. "Sorry chaps, 'fraid I better be heading off soon, gotta make sure my new found friend isn't getting himself in trouble and all that, you know." Glassco gave a crooked smile, giving a bow to the monk, "thank you for all ya words and help," and a nod to the newcomer, then heading downstairs to try and find his new ally.

If found:
"Holy shit, what happened to you?! Hold on, hold on, I think I got something that may help... Hopefully. Glassco says words while running his hand along the opening of the wound, or rather what was left of his arm.

If not found:
"Hm... Where did he get off to?"

Glassco makes a final comment to monk-lich, waits shortly to see if response, then tries to find friend. If found, words. [The words being contingent on if he doesn't get the bleeding stopped on his own, that is.]

You listen, hear the last name and then wander off to the temple grounds where you find Mr.whats his name with his arm freaking exploded. You run over and put your hand on it.
[pot:5]
A magical tattoo appears on whats left of His arm.

"Yikes!"

Kin follows Javier down the stairs the best he can. Hopefully he won't have much problem getting away from the storm crows. Also words.
[spd:4]
[sc spd:1]

You limp away, brunt and bleeding, down to the lower end of the switchback, overlooking the village built into the mountain.

Well, if that wind spell I tried had critically failed...
If it hadn't have failed you would have found yourself in a particular level of dante's inferno. The one for Lust, specifically.

Say Words.
[pot:3+1]
A strange sort of staff sprouts from the ground in front of you. It's like an mushroom with an enormously long stem and strangely elaborate cap. You pick it up; it's sort of squishy.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: March 07, 2013, 01:40:41 am »

"You done in there? Good. I want my gold back. Oh, and do you mind telling me how the hell you did that? I might do something similar with gold some time. Speaking of which, I believe you said you would pay me?"

Will the hammer to float over to me and sit on it like a broomstick. Will any gold that Syvarris may summon to form a pair of giant floating golden hands and have them levitate above my shoulders.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: March 07, 2013, 01:44:02 am »

"Ah, screw it. Time for plan B."
Words, then activate mark.
((Looks like my plan to cheat my way out of needing shapes for control items won't work.))
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:45:56 am by Nahere »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: March 07, 2013, 02:11:49 am »

Head back to the basement and the cult of derm, say word while still outside.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:08 am »

"Screw it. Time for non-magical bandages."
"Szahell"
"Szahell"
"Szahell"
Pick the best bandages from the 3 castings of the spell. Bandage myself. Don't die.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: March 07, 2013, 03:28:51 am »

((Dammit keep not doing anything))

Enter the room say words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 07, 2013, 04:47:59 am »

Silica continues following Sanya.
This spell is quite odd, it seems to distort reality in a controlled manner...
I wonder how everyone else is doing? I haven't seen them in a while, I hope they're okay.

She aims at a nearby wall, far away from any points of interest and says words.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:13 am »

See if theres anything left to loot in the basement.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: March 07, 2013, 07:30:32 am »

((Zentol.... I think i'm glad I ended up not saying that word.))

Go look into one of the doors that doesn't lead outside. Nothing dangerous looking inside, see what all is inside. If there is, ignore the room and check out the other one.  Once again, check for dangerous stuff before going in that one.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:23 am »

"Hm. In-tah-resting."

More science!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 07, 2013, 08:52:59 am »

Looks like Zentol got made nastier.

Also, using wind spells while standing on a narrow craggy path is probably a bad idea in general.

Yep, this is potentially dangerous!  Time to prepare!

Execute magical defense!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:13 am »

"That was... Not at all what I wanted. Wait, what? You sure? Fine." Glassco spat out more words while touching the horribly wounded arm, and if it worked would hurriedly activate the tattoo that would result of it. If for some reason the previous spell, if used, fails to work or place a tattoo use the tattoo made previously. [Contingent on if he doesn't stop the bleeding himself. Hope this works.]

[Figure I should probably share this to stave off the apocalypse since people are bandying around the word like candy... What the Lich Told Me: "But a word of warning about that book. All within it is safe in theory, save for one word. The true name of the other, which calls it's manifestations to you. Such a word is powerful, but dangerous. You will not survive its use for long." It isn't hard to guess which word that is.]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:14:28 am by Xanmyral »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 07, 2013, 10:02:32 am »

"And how would I please Her? What does She like?"

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS AND MOAR QUESTIONS.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:38:45 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2758 on: March 07, 2013, 10:05:01 am »

Kin walked down to the village. First things first, he was going to find someone who could patch him up. Preferable in a safe manner.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: March 07, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

Uh.... wow.  I'm a bit tempted to say it thrice in one spell now.  Did my minion survive?

Search the room, then say words while poking one of the eyes on my stomach.

"Here's your gold.  If you remake the hammer for my minion, I'll give you even more."
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 435