Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961981 times)

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2970 on: March 15, 2013, 10:29:05 am »

((Does anyone know the word for "ball" or "sphere"?))
Yes, why do you ask?
((Well I read through the whole thread and never saw it, or maybe I didn't comprehend it. I wanted to know for when I got in so I could make orbs of spells instead of just failing to cast them. Albeit probably has an even bigger chance to catastrophically fail))
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #2971 on: March 15, 2013, 12:43:02 pm »

FYI:

[pot:3+1]

A sphere of arcing electrical power, lightning trapped in a snowglobe, appears in front of you and then falls to the ground. It rolls slightly to the west and then stops, continuing to exist even after a few seconds.

[dex:5+2]
[str:1]
[end:4+1]

You drop the ball straight onto your foot. The next thing you know you're several feet away, laying on your back, Your foot burnt and your hair standing on end.

"Ouch."

It was also quite a nice weapon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 15, 2013, 12:53:33 pm »

"Well well... Let's ready my arsenal."
Say "Zentol"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:36:28 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2974 on: March 15, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »

But what about the rest of the words from the book? Do they spread the corruption?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:36:30 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »

Corruption as in "being taken by Zentol?" Or Corruption as in "tear the universe apart by the seams into a mass of unforgiving chaos?"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: March 15, 2013, 02:08:01 pm »

I would like to think if we say Zentol 8 times over, we end up having our soul taken away, and body possessed by the Other
Like when people touched the Zentol Weapons, but permanent.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: March 15, 2013, 02:13:05 pm »

"No way there's no gold in here. There has to be a secret passage or something!"

Enter the church, and use giant gold hands to pull up floorboards. Also, see if my power allows me to sense gold. Defend myself if I have to by crushing threats into a fine red mist beneath my golden fists.

((Also, if anyone gets to six eyes and is in my general vicinity, I will not hesitate to rip them in half. You can be taken by the other if you'd like, but you're not gonna do it anywhere near me.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2978 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:30 pm »

"We come in peace!"

Then, as Thrakor attacks, Kin follows up with a word against the same pitchforker.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 15, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »

((Also, if anyone gets to six eyes and is in my general vicinity, I will not hesitate to rip them in half. You can be taken by the other if you'd like, but you're not gonna do it anywhere near me.))
But then if you do that, they can use Zentol on you as we'll. killing you.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 15, 2013, 02:35:47 pm »

My goal is to dexblock them. The reason I am using six instead of seven is because if they Zentoled me with seven and I managed to live, then they would be taken, and ruin my day.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:41 pm »

Avoid gloves. Try Plan I WILL BE THE BEST DAMN WEAPONRYMAGE.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »

My goal is to dexblock them. The reason I am using six instead of seven is because if they Zentoled me with seven and I managed to live, then they would be taken, and ruin my day.
Quote from the Scroll on the Other:"There is a scroll about the Other and it's influence, although it isn't terribly specific. Apparently the King struck some sort of deal with the Other when he imprisoned it. When it's name was spoken it would grant the speaker protection from whatever it's most pressing current problem is. In return, the Other would mark the speaker as a corrupted, and those who used it's name too many times would be taken. "
I don't think your attack would succeed. Nor the dodge.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 15, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »

"Screw it, time for plan D."
"Shareeb Hobitaeaod Hael-ton"
Take the weapon, if it is too big then touch it and shape it to something better sized. Go to the temple basement and look for something to kill. If a monster made of flesh, arcane and/or steel is found, rip it apart with will, otherwise hack it with the weapon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2984 on: March 15, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »

((I suspect the "Other" is Zentol. I think I must have screwed up really badly, I was trying to summon burningly radiant gold.))
"How are you feeling right now? Should we catch up with everyone else?"
Silica places her right hand on the bear and says "Zoth-Hareth Dorbaelo"
((Maybe I should just setup a hospital here. The giant terrifying clockwork bear could be placed near the beds in the children's ward like some sort of teddy bear decoration.))
[pot:2+2]
A mark spreads across the head of the bear. You activate it.

"Oh god I'm a bear. Why am I a bear?"

I will not be discouraged! Glassco sighs, picking up the tiny steel chest plate, inspects it to see if it is possible to be useful as a knee guard, or pauldron. He gives a glance to everyone else in the temple courtyard, giving a friendly nod and crooked smile at anyone who sees him looking around. Still a good amount of people here it seems.

Looking back at the chest plate, he ponders to himself. "I bet there is a way to make you bigger... But hells if I know how. I suppose if I can't use you for anything, you can be a good testing target. Better than myself. Either way, take two!" Glassco says the same words as before.

[I would assume as well, I told everyone as much from what I discovered from the Monk-Lich, and Zentol's new form. That, and the eight eyes. Eight eyes, eight sealers, eight gods, etc. Very eight centric. That, and Zentol never does as it is commanded to, but rather as to what is most useful to the situation, as I've noticed. Someone tried to make wings out of it, it instead gave them back their limbs. Doesn't seem to be a word that is receptive to control... Only freebee you get from me however, speculation wise, and this is because I don't want people turning into eldritch abominations.]

EDIT: [...More than they already are, that is...]
[pot:3]
More tiny armor for you sir.

well thats...something... kinda pretty in an im gonna tear the shit out of your hand kind of way...

poke candle with dagger, is it still semi-waxish?
Afterwards draw MEGA CIRCLE in the dirt
Try to find an npc to yell my WORD at/b]
You poke the candle with your dagger. It tinks off. You give it a harder hit, it cracks. It seems like the candle has a crystalline shell. You carefully cut  into the candle and split it in half. It seems to have a crystalline internal structure, a honeycomb of little crystal supports attached to the outer shell. How odd.
[pot:6+1]

You scratch a new circle with your brick. It takes all your pool to do so. Guess this circle cost power to use.

"~Note: defensive-adaptations-may-not-always-work.~"

Try that again.
[pot:5+1]

You suddenly become made of wind again. No longer bleeding out, but you still have no legs. Better then being dead, you guess.

"That seems really hard...do you guys have like...a bus station or an airport instead? Well if I have to kill the eight sealers.... wait.... I read a boring poem thingy about them in your library... and they sounded pretty evil.... ah great.... Anyways back to what I was saying, do I have to kill them? Can't I like... knock them out, or seal the sealers, or do to them like what happened to me and send to some other world? I kinda have a thing about killing people and sentient beings...."

Say that.

The seal will only break when the makers of it are dead. It is the only way.

((Piecewise: Is it possible to, through a combination of words, propel a character's soul into an enemy temporarily and have the target experience the same rolls as the character? Because considering how unfortunate Corsair is, if such a spell exists we could re-purpose him as a WMD.))
Not that I know of off the top of my head. However there is a god related power called "Doppelganger" that has a similar effect.

"I'll just be a second, I've got to get my former arm back."
Head to the spear. Activate aura. See if I can use it to move faster or jump further.
You walk over to the spear but you have no tattoo to activate. Remember, it appeared in the area near your hand but since you had nothing in your hand it had nothing to attach to.
I had sent you a new aura. I probably should have clarified.
Cast aura.
[pot:4]
You cast the aura on yourself.
[dex:5]
You keep your balance as an aura of wind appears around you, blowing in all directions. You start hovering a half inch above the ground, like the puck on an air hockey table. The aura starts to weaken the second after it's been cast.

"Shit"
Aels zentol, Kenthablaw then if possible glide down to the town and limp about for awhile using the Kenthablaw as a crutch

You say zentol and the same black substance from before appears again, this time replacing your leg. Two more eyes open on your tattoo. There are six of eight open now.

Shove them all in the bodies lying scattered around. If I can't, go to the mob and roll intimidate.
They're gone already, and force body or not, probably wouldn't be a good idea to jam your hands in that mess. Instead, you run down to the town center and attempt to scare the mob that Thrakor and Co. have raised.  However the mob doesn't seem capable of fear...or rational thought for that matter.

((Uh. Am I in or have I not been summoned yet?))
((Edit: Nevermind. I guess it is one person per turn))
Sorry, I missed ya. Consider yourself in. You know where you are right? If not, check out the reply to Kisame's post in the last post.

good luck.

Halthel Karenthar Plu-Shastaron
Place on alter
Sacrifice to the god!

[pot:5+1]
You summon a mindless humanoid homunculus. You carefully guide it to the altar and then proceed to stab it to death. It bleeds but the second it reaches the trough on the altar the blood turns to ash and burns away.

Maybe you need something more...natural.

Your thoughts are interrupted when you vomit blood. OH, thats right, you still have A RUSTY, JAGGED KNIFE LODGED IN YOUR STOMACH AND ARE SLOWLY DYING OF BLOOD LOSS WHILE THE CONTENTS OF YOUR BOWELS LEAK INTO YOUR ABDOMINAL CAVITY AND CAUSE SEPSIS.

Maybe you should do something about that.

Way to spawn dudes on us.

"This looks like what I'm good at!"

Turn toward the nearest pitchforker and say some COMBAT MAGIC.  Then ruin the closest one still standing with my mace.
[spd:1+1]
[Vun spd:6]
[Vpit1 spd:4]
[Vpit2 spd:6]
[vun dex:2]
[Vpit2 dex:4]
[vpit2 str:6+1]
[Vpit1 dex:5]
[vpit1 str:4+1]
[End:2]
[end:5]
The group of men charges, much faster then you would assume a group of emaciated, insane villagers could. The unarmed man comes in like a flash, but misses you entirely. The pitchfork wielding men are more accurate. One skewers you in the stomach, which hurts like mad but won't kill you quick. The other catches you flat in the chest and his prongs find their way through your ribs and into your lungs. The two men lift you into the air and then tear their pitchforks free, letting you crumble to the ground.  You're dying, but not quite dead yet.
[pot:5]
[dex:4]
A twin bolt of lightning arcs from your  eyes and straight into the chest of the nearest pitchfork wielding villager. His flesh catches fire from the heat, which would be very painful for him if his heart hadn't already exploded.

You've got two turns till you die of...lots of stuff really.
(1/2 pool)
"Wus this? Angry mob? Only one way ta' fix this kind o' thing."

Enter the center in the only way I know how.

"BOOZE FER THE BOOZE GOD!"

((It's times like these I really wish I knew the word for 'dragon'. Because coming into town on a dragon made of napalm that is breathing alcohol would be my exact reaction to an angry mob. Sadly I need to use my backup plan.))

You run down to the village center just in time to see Thrakor get double penetrated. As you skid to a stop another unarmed villager wanders out of a burnt out building and turns toward you.

[spd:6]
[Vun2 spd:5] 
[pot:1+1]
[Vun2 dex:6]
[Vun2 str:5-1]
[spd:4+2]
[dodge spd:3+2]
[end:3]
The unarmed man clobbers you with a right haymaker, taking out several teeth after your magic words fail you. (you have 2/3 pool now)

"Well well... Let's ready my arsenal."
Say "Zentol"

You say zentol. The 4 winged, 4 eyed bird that was menacing you detonates into pieces as some sort of tooth laden darkness tears it's way out and then vanishes.

A mark forms on your stomach and one of the 8 eyes opens.

Do stuff, then continue following derm.
[pot:6+1]
You summon a very large bat made of Arcane energy. It doesn't fly though. Because it's not alive. It just sort of drops to the ground.

You charge after derm and down into the village center. As you enter the village center a new threat appear. A green glow surrounds a nearby corpse and a green flame with black spaces  in the vague shape of a human skeleton rises from it. (1/3 pool)

But what about the rest of the words from the book? Do they spread the corruption?

The scroll doesn't say they do or don't. It only talks about that one particular word. Hm.

"No way there's no gold in here. There has to be a secret passage or something!"

Enter the church, and use giant gold hands to pull up floorboards. Also, see if my power allows me to sense gold. Defend myself if I have to by crushing threats into a fine red mist beneath my golden fists.

You tear up a rotted red carpet in order to get at the stone floor beneath it and find something unexpected. A trap door.

"We come in peace!"

Then, as Thrakor attacks, Kin follows up with a word against the same pitchforker.
[pot:6]
Nothing happens. Dang it.

Avoid gloves. Try Plan I WILL BE THE BEST DAMN WEAPONRYMAGE.

[pot:5]
You summon a clockwork fungus bow that is pointlessly and uselessly deformed into a cylindrical shape.

"Screw it, time for plan D."
"Shareeb Hobitaeaod Hael-ton"
Take the weapon, if it is too big then touch it and shape it to something better sized. Go to the temple basement and look for something to kill. If a monster made of flesh, arcane and/or steel is found, rip it apart with will, otherwise hack it with the weapon.
[pot:6]
You summon up a steel cleaver. You pick it up and head down stairs into the basement.

The thing that comes out from behind the boxes is neither steel nor arcane. It's made of stone. And it's got a giant mouth that glows with an internal fire as it drags itself toward you on enormous arms with a shriveled lower body trailing behind. Somehow you doubt that steel will cut stone.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 435