Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961898 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2925 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »

(That's not how probability works...ah, wait, never mind. Trying to make yourself feel better.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: March 13, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »

((Actually it is. The probability of getting at least a 4 sometime in the next 3 turns is 7/8. By turn 5, it's gone up to 31/32))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: March 13, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »

(That's not how probability works...ah, wait, never mind. Trying to make yourself feel better.)
((I see what you meant, but apparently you misinterpreted me. I wasn't saying my unfortunate streak implied better rolls later, it was meant to be part optimism and part─reading... reading...─what the person above me said.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: March 13, 2013, 06:40:33 pm »

((Actually it is. The probability of getting at least a 4 sometime in the next 3 turns is 7/8. By turn 5, it's gone up to 31/32))
Oooh.

That is how probability works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2929 on: March 13, 2013, 10:28:15 pm »

Im loving it :D

summon bundle of arrows for my crossbow... aka WORDS
Carefully begin loading if successful

((Is my crossbow just a 1 shot per second autoreloader or is it a full auto murder cannon like in van helsing?))
(It's got an underslung magazine  to load bolts into, and you fire it by turning a crank on the side. So it will fire as fast as you turn the crank.)
[pot:5+1]
You get a large bundle of something like 30 crystal bolts. You pick them up and load 10 into the crossbow. Locked and loaded.

((I'm... sort of... then again I haven't gotten to the real fun parts of magic and killing since I decided to explore every nook and cranny of the temple lol. But I'm sure I will have a blast soon.))

((Oh and anyone wanna test out what happens when you contract to more then one god/shrine/whatever? I don't feel like potentially dying yet.))

Ooo... that's interesting. Is my blood made of mercury now or something?

Cut my left arm to see if I really do bleed mercury now and or see more of the silvery scarring process. Also move my body, punch the air, and run to see if I'm feel faster. Also offer up some more blood to see if anything happens. After all that head up stairs to do more exploring.
You cut your arm a bit more. Yep, you bleed mercury now, or at least you bleed silver fluid. Your wound doesn't close up like before though, and giving more blood to the basin doesn't do anything. As per speed, you don't feel like you punch faster, but you feel like you can bob and weave and dodge better. Well, at least that will stop you from dying as easily.

You head upstairs and find a massive room lined with mummified monks. At the end of the room, seated on a throne with his back to a mosaic depicting unknown gods and lost times, is a rather important looking mummified monk.

What do you seek?

A voice whispers from nowhere in particular.

((Yep, just need to get more channeling and then the real fun will begin.))
"May as well summon another"
"Cainthalsaz Zerth".
Have both daggers follow me, search for monsters to kill in the basement. If I find something, crush it with will if it is made of flesh and/or arcane, otherwise fling daggers at it, then try to pull the daggers back through the monster.

((I'm half expecting to screw up will and put a dagger through my head here, and have been awhile :P.))
[pot:5+1]
You summon another knife without difficulty. Now, to make it hover.
[will:1]
It hovers alright. Hell, it freaking flies like a dart. Right into your shin.
[end:6-1]
It passes clean through, burning a slit through your calf muscle. You fall to one knee and put pressure on the wound to stop the minor bleeding. Well, you're in no danger of dying, but you've got a heck of a limp now.

"~Faasci-nating.~"

More fun stuff.
[pot:4+1]
You summon a tattoo. It causes your other tattoo, the one that was keeping you a sentient tornado, to vanish. This causes the fact that you're missing your legs to go from funny to potentially fatal and very quickly.

You activate your mark.
[pot:6]
You summon a giant bear made of wind! It dissipates a moment later like you'd expect something made of wind to do.

(I know what you're trying to do here, and there are ways to do it. Ways with words and easier ways with circles.)

"What? S-Sanya?! How are you still alive? You turned your head into a sword!"
Silica aims away and says "Szahell"
((Can someone with decent dex please bandage Sanya? I'd do it myself but Silica has 0 dex which means, chances are, she'll either strangle Sanya in an attempt to help her or trip over and create lesbian subtext. Either way, the outcome isn't very beneficial.))
[pot:2+2]
You summon up a good pile of cloth and bandage Sanya's bleeding stump. Uncoordinated as you are, you're not gonna accidentally go feral with bandages.

((This is the greatest game I have played with magic in a long time, spelling error btw.))

"AELS ZARAL HALTOL", Then bandage the person who lacks most of their forearm.

[pot:1]
[end:6]
Your entire right leg turns into liquid magma. You manage to hurl yourself to the side and get away with only first degree burns from the ambient heat. Also luckily it seems to have cauterized the wound. Not so luckily you're completely missing your right leg.

"I pissed off some god, didn't I? Which one of you was it? I swear, I'll sacrifice a virgin the first chance I get! I mean look at the guys around me! Look at how they're dressed! I'm sure at least 50% of them qualify."

I'll say words. Then I'll say word.
After that, I'll make a mental note of where my spear went.

[pot:5]
A mark seems to try to appear in the air near your hand, but since there's nothing there to attach to it can't manage it.
[pot:3]
One of the people near you sparkles.

Your spear is kind of trapped in a corner like an errant air hockey puck.

Ready my axe
Into the building, ready to say WORDS if anything creeps too close

You shove open the church's doors. The inside is significantly larger then it should be. A red carpet runs through the middle of the building and massive stained glass windows line the walls. The world outside the stained glass is blurred by the window, but it's clearly not the one you just left. After all, the only you just left didn't have three suns. You try to make heads or tails of the images shown on the windows but they keep changing whenever you look away.

Rows of pews line the room next to the carpet and an altar lies at the end, draped in black cloth. No one seems to be around.

The door beckons~
You head through the gate and down into the village proper, down to the first buildings. They're homes, carved into the living rock. Scattered bodies line the path and the signs of a struggle -frantic footprints in spilt blood- mark the entrences to the buildings. Besides these buildings there is a storehouse looking building a bit farther down and a ornate, church looking building after that. The road keeps going down as well, farther into the city.

The game is enjoyable, although I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.

Sip alcohol. If nothing happens, take another sip. Repeat until something happens or the bottle is empty.
[end:5-1]
Something happens. You get kinda tipsy. Turns out the monks weren't bottling magic wine. Just normal I-am-a-monk-and-there's-nothing-else-to-do-around-here-so-I-might-as-well-get-drunk wine.

Quite enjoyable.  The new world has readded a spirit of discovery that faded a bit once many of the book's mysteries were solved.

"So that's how Null did that breath trick."

Grab the torch in other hand because torches are always useful, then keep searching.
You grab the now unlit torch and stuff it into the folds of your robe. It's sure to come in handy at some point. That done, you search some more.
[5]
You find something strange stashed in a corner. It appears to be lightning trapped within a glass sphere roughly the size of your fist. The single arcing bolt of electricity crawls around the walls of the glass prison like a trapped snake.  How odd.

You doubt you'll find anything else in here.

Glassco gives the steel spear a good examination from behind his white mask, happy to see presentable results from a successful spell. "Well well, not bad if I do say so myself." He gives the wind bone spear a look as it flew away. "Hm... Uh, that windy spell turn off after a while?"

After giving the leather-bound tome in his hand a more thorough look over, checking the notes and ideas that are scrawled in the margins or underlining words, he says words.

ACTIONS: Words; Spear, show me your secrets!
[pot:4,4]
You get flame, and then a large stone. Cool.

Activate the mark and walk around the temple grounds, look for a different way down.

((Also having tonnes of fun. Good to know how marks work tough. I tought there was a word for marks, but apparantly not.))
Your right leg turns into living steel.

You wander the edge of the temple grounds, but can't find any other way down, at least no way on foot. Everything is just a sheer cliff. Hmm. Might be able to fly, but with this cloud cover it's hard to say where you would land.

((Have fun, but feel slightly limited with one word. My fault really.))

Kin have no idea what his surroundings are like at the moment so he says a word for now.
(You're in the same place Derm is. Just look up for a description.)
[pot:6]
Your tongue tingles.

All right, so swords don't work when I make them.
Let's see if this fails too.
Words of Mad Science!
(your attempts failed because you mixed two things together and the power of the glowing dust was infused to the entire weapon, handle included. If you want to enchant things, there are ways, circle based ways mostly)

[pot:2]
Can't let you do that, star fox.

"... No."

Land and just walk down the mountain.

((Well enough, I would complain more but it's probably just bad rolls pissing me off. The game itself is still probably just as fun. I'm just failing to see it through the crimson haze of "Less than four". That, statistically speaking, should clear up with a few more turns.))
You walk all the way down to the Village outer gate without even a single problem. Life is funny like that.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »

"Hmph."

Cast Mass Rez. Interrogate results on recent happenings.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:43:44 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54:24 pm »

CIRCLE SCIENCE!!!

Oh and follow derm from a distance
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:39 pm »

"What... me? Um... Well first a way to get back home... though I get the feeling I'll be here for a while so I hope you don't mind me borrowing some of your stuff while I'm here... but yeah I'm looking for a way back home. So uh... yeah you wouldn't happen to know how would you? Preferably a way that won't get me potentially killed.. like in the basement... man that scared the crap out of me... why do you guys even have a metal freaking bug down there anyways? Glad it decided to stay in the room rather then chase me. Anyways I'm getting off topic... or I digress... haha I always wanted to use that word... though feels kinda funny saying it... probably since I don't use it often. Oh also how come you guys are mummified and creepy looking... ah I mean... no offensive or anything but... yeah... never mind..."

Start rambling on about stuff.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: March 13, 2013, 11:31:24 pm »

"I really need more skill at shaping..."
Flesh shape the hole together, then:
Have the dagger follow me, search for monsters to kill in the basement. If I find something, crush it with will if it is made of flesh and/or arcane, otherwise fling a dagger at it, then try to pull the dagger back through the monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: March 13, 2013, 11:50:26 pm »

Neat. Boo on unlit torch- I was intending to burn down the building.

"I'll take this.  Can always use a lightning grenade."

Stow the lighting grenade and move on down the path past the village.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:06 am »

"Hey, what's up with that village down there? YO DERM, IF YOU FIND ANY GOLD, IT'S MINE!"

Enter the village, and if nothing attacks me, peer inside the church and see if there's any gold.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

((Decided to read what happens to the rest you yo guys aI read this:

"I pissed off some god, didn't I? Which one of you was it? I swear, I'll sacrifice a virgin the first chance I get! I mean look at the guys around me! Look at how they're dressed! I'm sure at least 50% of them qualify."

Oh man that made my day... that was pretty funny))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: March 14, 2013, 12:46:56 am »

"~Ah. Unwise-that-was. Findings-interesting.~"

Let's take care of that problem, shall we?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: March 14, 2013, 01:32:24 am »

"crap"
Shareeb Donbel
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: March 14, 2013, 02:51:01 am »

"I'll just be a second, I've got to get my former arm back."
Head to the spear. Activate aura. See if I can use it to move faster or jump further.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 435