Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958609 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Thrakor is impaled by two men at once
« Reply #3015 on: March 16, 2013, 01:12:38 pm »

hmm. Return to my basement domain and will some of the mushrooms to turn into mobile fungus minions.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 16, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

"Uh. Bye!"

Get out of that room.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »

Kenthablaw Hancal Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon

Pretty sure most everybody knows these words anyway.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 16, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

((I wonder if grabbing onto an enemy and saying "Dorbaelo Contallthelthel" would turn them into a sword.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 16, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »

Try it on tsuchi, he has experience in these matters  :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3021 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:25 pm »

I GOT THIS.

Action!

ALSO HOW DO I TELL HOW MUCH POOL I HAVE AT THE MOMENT?
[pot:5]
A massive aura of glowing dust appears around you, freely forming strange nested shapes around your body; a shield of twirling pyramids or walls of squared circles. The aura begins to diminish the second it appears and it looks like it won't last long.
(1/3 pool)
"Eyaaaaaaaarg!"

Push the button on my mace and club the nearest villager.  Refrain from dying.
[end:5]
Despite your injuries you rise to your feet and charge the nearest pitchfork wielder for one last shot at glory. You sqeeze the handle on the Mace and it grinds into horrible, magnificent motion, spraying sparks as the spikes grind around in circles at blinding speed.
[spd:2-2+1]
[Vpit spd:2-1]
[Clash]
[str:4+3]
[vpit str:3+1]
[dex:5]
[str:6+3]
You swing your  club in with all your might, the ball of brass and hellish sparks coming straight down in a double handed overhead blow on the nearest pitchforker. The Villager raises his weapon to block. The club tears right through it , ripping it into splinters, and connects with the man beneath it. The result is an explosion of red and white and pink as club pulverizes the villager into the ground at the same time as it shreds him apart like a chainsaw.

You lose grip of the weapon and fall back, landing on the ground with with a bloody grin.
[You gain a point]
(2/2)
"Well damn. I bet that's where they're keeping the gold!"

Opening trapdoors with your own bare hands is for those without desire. Smash it open with a giant golden fist and peep inside!
You just open it since it's made of metal and would probably just get bent and hard to move if you tried smashing it. It's covering a shaft and a ladder. The ladder leads down into darkness. Oh boy.

I totally missed the thread title.  Oh baby.
La petite mort becomes simply mort.

Must... save... thrakor...

words at random villager, grab the dead villager and place him in my circle... unless thrakor volunteers.

((How about it toaster, you wanna be my guinea pig?
(well your circle is back at the village homes...but no matter, worry about that later.)
You charge in behind derm, not too near though since that aura of his seems rather unhealthy, and use a word at one of the unarmed villagers.
[pot:4+1]
[dex:4]
[vun1 aware:3]
[Vun1 end:4]
You fire a twin beam of fire from your eyes like some sort of ocular flamethrower. It washes over the unarmed villager that failed to punch Thrakor a moment ago and sends him flying back, burning and screaming, into a stone wall. As the flame clears it becomes clear that the man isn't dead. Although he's quite close; his skin is solid black and cracking off as dark blood pours out from under the charred flesh.

"...Dammit. Really? Hm... Maybe I'm saying it wrong... Probably mumbling." Glassco examines the chest plates to see if they can serve as pauldrons/elbow or knee guards, the tosses them to the side and says words as clearly as he can.
They're too big for rings, too small for bracelets. You just can't catch a break.

[pot:1]
[end:1]
You turn into a tiny steel chestplate. It is very unhelpful for living.
(you can submit a new character or chose to respawn. Either way you lose all your items and your chosen god. Although it's not like you have to walk far to get them back.)

"I really need to find more material words...
Cainthalsaz Cycallozion!"

Look at the monster's arms while saying words, try to sever them. If it is not immobilised, leave basement.

[spd:4]
[Smolderer spd:5]
[Smolderer dex:3]
[spd:1]
[end:3-1]
The Smolderer breathes a massive cone of fire, sweeping it across you. It misses your torso and head but it it catches your legs straight on. Your legs are coated in the flame and starts burning, the skin and fat melting in the worst possible pain you can imagine. You collapse to the ground swatting at the flames, trying to put your legs out.

Hmm. Quite interesting
Walk out the only door and take the first door on the left

The first door on the left leads to a small room. Inside is what looks like a shrine of sorts, a platform holding a stone statue of a cloaked man wearing a bright, white mask. In front of the platform is a  pedestal. Atop the pedestal is a small divot or basin carved into the stone of the pedestal itself. Balanced on the edge of the basin is a knife, rather small but very sharp looking.

Pull the knife out of my body, let the blood flow into the altar
Say CLOTHWORD

[pot:6+1]

You summon a massive amount of cloth. Then you lean over the altar and pull the knife out of your stomach.

[end:6]

You toss the knife away and let some blood drip on the altar, but nothing happens. You sigh and wrap up your injury. You think thats stopped the the external bleeding...but you still feel really sick.

"I'm not quite sure myself, I was trying to summon something completely different."
Silica looks for a way to activate the bear and give it movement.
She then aims away from everything else and says "Clo-caltel Contallthelthel"

((I guess Thrakor may be considering Zentol right now.))
"Well good effort, I guess."

There's a giant turn key on the bear's back, but you doubt that would do anything except make it move like a toy soldier or something, not make it truly alive.

[pot:5+2]
The resulting sword is more clockwork, brass, turn key chainsaw in sword form then a true sword. It looks  it won't do much if it's not on, but when it's on it will be a hell of a thing.

"Well that sucks... I guess the other people are in the same predicament as me... so I'll just help them kill the sealer guys instead. Thanks for the help."

Well with the temple thoroughly explored, maybe I should see what all this book can do.

Thank the monk, and then head outside. Say "Plu-shastaron".
[pot:4+1]
You summon a large amount of blood that sort of appears in a large glob in front of you and then splatters to the ground.

((Yay for cuthulu prosthetics))
"Aels Adamenstiar"
(Ok, I have Random.org open for doing my dice rolls, right? And I have it set to roll like 4 dice at a time, just so I don't have to reroll often. When your turn  came up I rolled and they all came up as 1s. Every single one. You really should go talk to one particular god that another player already has a covenant with.)

[pot:1]
[end:1]
Yeah, you're dead. Your head is now a pair of diamond wings. It's kinda odd. Oh well.

(like the guy above, you can chose a new character or just respawn.)

If I've reached the spear then I dive on it, grab it, and say words.
You dive and grab hold of the spear.
[str:1-1]
the combination of your aura of wind colliding with it's aura of wind causes a rather nasty backlash and the spear goes spinning off the edge of the temple grounds.

God damn it.

And then your aura dissipates.

GOD DAMN IT

"~Impending-doom-momentarily-averted. Celebratory-YAY-permitted.~"

"~YAY!~"

"~Resuming normal function.~"

Resume normal functioning.

You summon a pair of air wings! Unfortunately they're not actually attached to you so they just drift off into the sky.

Unhelpful.

"Hey! There will be a lot o' complainin' after I get done burning this poor sod alive! Someone is answerin' for why I'm missin' teeth now!"

Words.
[spd:4+1]
[Vun2 spd:4]
The unarmed man completely vanishes in a pillar of fire followed an instant later by a storm of electrical discharge. There isn't enough left of him to scoop up in a thimble.

(You gain a point)

"Whoa. That's quite the word."
Back off onto the path and try to find a safe spot for more expirimenting. Namely: Thrancaole Tealtael

You back a little way back up the path but not into the cloud cover. Seems safe enough here.
[pot:3+1]
Nothing seems to happen. Hm hm hm.

hmm. Return to my basement domain and will some of the mushrooms to turn into mobile fungus minions.
You return to the basement and attempt to give life to the fungus. Well, sentient life.

[Will:5]

You cause a particularly large and brutish mushroom man to grow out of the fungus. It looks strong, sturdy and slow as hell.

"Uh. Bye!"

Get out of that room.
You run out of the room with all the dead guys and into a hallway. The hallway has 4 doors on each side, windows lighting the room and a spiral staircase in the back leading both up and down. Huh.

PM things.
Well, nothing looks very much alive of the trio that slaughtered Thrakor, and that other unarmed guy got vaporized. The only thing left is that glowing green fire skeleton rising from a corpse that you managed to anger by wandering in. And that thing seems to just kind of be blocking the path, not really attacking, just staring at you.

Kenthablaw Hancal Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon

Pretty sure most everybody knows these words anyway.
[pot:6]
Your words summon a very large silver and wood bow. It looks like, through a complex mechanism of springs and pulleys, that the bow will fire with much more force then is used to draw the arrow back, essentially amplifying every shot. Coolio.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I believe this rtd would benifit from the standard status section at the bottom of turns because I can't tell if there are any enemies left or not or who is where.

Move forward unto the enemy. Use aura to shred faces and foce hands to crush heads.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Hmm.
Pick up the knife and slice a deep gash into my hand and pour blood into the basin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:03:49 am by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Wait, I'm still alive, right?  Just almost dead, right?  If I am dead, respawn please.  Otherwise...

"Ugh... damn... it.   One... last... trick..."

Magical words to save my ass.

Also +1 Pot
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:31:58 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Walk over to the extra crispy villager and say word
Shoot him with crossbow if he survives.

Afterwards grab the first corpse i can lay my hands on and place it in my circle, then activate it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Raise bow, feel awesome.

Halthelshar Shareeb Shaontrod Ah-thaelao.

Also back away from that because there's science afoot.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Cainthalsaz Shaazeshelial..."
Activate mark then arcane hug the Smoulderer.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"Well, I hope there's some light source down there. But even if there's not, I'll make my way through with pure desire!"

Look around for any light source I might be able to take, and have one of my golden hands carry it. Then have said hand float down the ladder to test how deep it goes.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karenthar Zoth-Hareth Plu-Shastaron!!
Kill it on the altar! My sentient lump of flesh and blood shall not live!
If nothing happens, cut off both my pinkies, and little toes, and throw them into the altar
Leave whether successful or not!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:03:55 am by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 435