Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961749 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Sure, let me get to you first though.

Actually, this can wait.  I just remembered I have 0 will, so trying to reshape my body with a -1 modifier is probably a bad idea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"Well then, looks like I'll have to do a bit of goldsmithing first."

Have one of my hands tear out a small chunk of wood from the church and bring it to me. Then command a small amount of my gold to form a floating torch around the wood chunk and rub it against the floor until the friction causes it to combust. Will all the rest of my gold to become a long metallic serpent, preferably thin enough to fit down the passageway. If all of that succeeds, then me and my treasure will head down into the darkness below.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Also, glance around suspiciously.

I bet I could make a gravity-defying bra with that word... Hehehe.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Whew. Outside. I'm sure that won't be any worse than what's inside, right?"

Head outside, look around.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

"WTF!?" *turns around and pulls out his knife* "Asshole! Enjoy mercury poisoning! Worthliel!!!!!"

Pull out my knife and say "Wortheliel" and aim it over the top of my attacker's head so he'll get covered in it. Then make a run for it to the path, keep moving fast when I get into the clouds but slow enough I won't run off the cliff accidentally.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Will it the Thallid to become flame resistant, then take it into the monster room.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Hmm. Wander around, and say Adamenstiar Contallthelthel

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Post to watch. Will join tomorrow.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ok here is how death will work from now on:

If you die:
you lose all your inventory (minus the book)
Half your acquired points (Rounded up. You have to remove that many points from whatever skills you want)
One level of favor with your god (if applicable.)
You respawn back in the temple
Your Corruption level does not change

There are two caveats to this:
Dying to a player, since they steal your soul and the souls you've acquired
Reaching 8/8 Corruption, because other things happen.

If you lose by one of those two special cases, your character is considered lost forever.

"~Respond-Tod-2A! Respond-fleshy-thing!~"

If Tod-2A is alive, have him pick me up, Master Blaster style. In any case, say "Doldastar Trialo Shasharasp".

((Going to stop PMing these things as well. After all, there's no point in killing players anymore.))
Your homunculus picks you up and places you on his shoulders. It's a bit hard, you being made of wind and all, but he manages it.  WEEEEEE!

[pot:1+1]
*Sad Trombone Noise*

((* 4 pool now PW I think (with 4 chan and all)))
"Time for some fun"

"Quiello Zorhalth Contallthelthel Hobitaeoid" Then impress on it to not burn the hell out of me.

(I read that as 4chan and had no Idea what you were talking about for a few moments. Oh well, changed that)
[pot:6+1]
Gonna assume you meant "Quielio"

You summon an obsidian greatsword that is literally coated in flame. Even the handle. Hmm, gonna make holding it kinda hard.

Saurinae kneels down in front of the altar and thanks Scarlon for his blessings.
He then puts on the mask. Then walks out of the monastery and says "Szaheeb Zothelthcaon"

You put on your mask, thank mr spooky mask man and then head on outside. Once there you try out some of this new flanged magic you keep hearing about.

[pot:5]
You summon up a bone bow. It's a strange thing, like a rib with a strong sinew connecting both ends.

point at large space in red circle and say WORDS to summon a homonculus inside it, if homonculus is unaffected throw my crystal candle in as well.

Quote from: Piecewise
(In before someone builds a giant floating
Zeppelin fortress and take off into the wild blue
yonder. Or more realistically takes off and
meets the sky clowns.)

Id say challenge accepted but... soulstealing cockblock...
[pot:2+1]
You summon a tiny fleshy man in the circle. Nothing happens to him. Nor does anything happen when you huck a candle in. The circle remains active.

Glassco grumbles behind his mask, happily watching the tiny chest plates sail off. "Fucking chest plates. Who needs 'em? Not the guy who got turned into one, that's for sure. Bloody useless things." He retrieves his steel spear if possible and sighs, removing his mask to pinch his brow for a moment, then returning it. "Alright, where to next John? I'm getting tired of this place, already died once today, don't quite fancy dying again. At least not in the same place. Or within an hour of the last. Or ever really, but I have a feeling this will be unpleasantly often."

[pot:6]
You summon a rock wall but your best attempts to will it into other positions fails. Perhaps when it says "Mind control" it means "Controlling minds"

And as for other ways down, you suppose you could fly or glide down in one of the other directions. Though it might end poorly for you.

"So you were once human... what happened? Did my spell insert you into this construct?"
"Sanya I'm testing a telepathic link spell on us, if you don't want to take the risk, tell me."
Silica designates herself and Sanya as targets. If Sanya does not decline her offer, she says "Kallth Pouerstol"
((This is either going to give a telepathic link or I'm going to have to re-characterize Silica as a yandere when she respawns. Though I'm reasonably confident that nothing bad will happen.))
"Can't Remember. Just woke up here. I know I wasn't always a bear though. Yeah, pretty sure about that."
[pot:3+2]
[will:1-1]
Nothing happens. Good thing that spell was malformed or it probably would have ended very badly for you.

I would like to join in on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Upon spawning, exit out the main door and enter the fourth door on the left.
Welcome to the Tales of Silliness and Brutality.

You run out of the spawn room and into the fourth door on the left. The altar here has a book that is being endlessly written in front of you. How strange.

I'll continue the assault, using words.
"WTF!?" *turns around and pulls out his knife* "Asshole! Enjoy mercury poisoning! Worthliel!!!!!"

Pull out my knife and say "Wortheliel" and aim it over the top of my attacker's head so he'll get covered in it. Then make a run for it to the path, keep moving fast when I get into the clouds but slow enough I won't run off the cliff accidentally.

[SingularB spd:2]
[SuperB spd:2-1]
[singular pot:2]
John opens his mouth, speaks a few words, and then nothing happens. Huh...
[SuperB pot:3+1]
[singular spd:4]
John dodges back out of the way as a blob of mercury appears above him and splashes down. Ryan, his opponent distracted by heavy metals, runs for it. He sprints down the path and into the cloud cover.

Respawn.
"Note to self: become immune to damage before combat."
Head out side, say words:
"Zaral."
"Zzeralleth."
"Conth."
[pot:5+1,2+1,5+1,]
You get, in order, Magma, that strange glowing dust that deconstructs and distorts things, and a whispy sort of light that reacts violently with solid matter.

Karenthar Gars!
Down the village main road I go!
[pot:3+1]
Your attempts to heal yourself by turning flesh into flesh doesn't work, even though the spell activates.

You walk down into the village center. As you walk in, something lumbers from one of the burnt homes. It's 8 feet tall and looks like a horrific amalgamation of necrotic flesh from human and animal sources. It stalks forward on massive legs that look like they were torn from a cow or a bull, with a partially flayed horse skull for a head and grotesque bundles of human arms and animal hooves sprouting asymmetrically from it's bloated torso.  It looks at you with it's frozen, skull grin and gurgles.

"oh dear."

Maybe these won't destroy my other han-

I have one hand. HOW AM I GOING TO USE THIS AWESOME BOW.

Grab one arrow. Test fire  it at wall if possible.
HAHAHA

no, no you're screwed when it comes to using a bow as you are.

Casually walk up to the flame skeleton. Activate my tattoo. Tap shoulder. Word(s)
You walk up to the strange green flame skeleton. You activate your flame control tattoo. You attempt to tap it on the shoulder and watch as your hand passes straight through it. It turns to face you.
[spd:4]
[LS spd:1]
Your words fail to materialize. Oh crap.
[LS dex:4]
[spd:6]

You dodge away as a foxfire limb hisses straight by your head. You notice that it's not actually hot. In fact it's very cold.

+1 channelling.

Say Clo-caltel Rothon Shareeb Sshasal Contallthelthel

I'm assuming Combat has ended and thus my pool is auto filling to full again, and thus I have five words to use.

If not, take out Sshasal.

If I did this right, I should get something veeeery interesting.
Well considering you're still in the combat zone, yeah, you're pool hasn't refreshed. You could always move somewhere else though, away from the monsters.

[pot:3]
A blurry phantom image. Looks like it's of a...saw? Maybe?

Anyone want to make me an electric control weapon?  I can trade my booster word for it.  If I was smart I would have gotten pool from that point for the third I needed to make it, but eh.

Grab mace and enter the no-sign building.

Also, I love how my status says "Dies instantly if reverts to human."
After seeing the new shitstorm Javier managed to attract you shake your head, grab your mace and run into the building that has no sign. The interior looks like a bar, though it's in a great state of disrepair. The stone counter is chipped, cracked and scratched, and the scattered wooden tables and chairs aren't much better. The only light in the place is the cold light from outside; thin beams of blinding white shining in through small holes in the front of the building. A man with long, unkempt black hair is standing behind the counter, leaning forward, head down, idly playing with a glass. He doesn't seem to notice you come in.

Kin explores the village some more. He will enter the first interesting building he stumbles upon. Should he meet with other pitchfork wielding villagers with the same or similar disposition as the previous ones he'll try to talk to them first but if that won't work, Garstopit. Garstopit 'em all.

You sprint into the same building as Thrakor.

"Oh thank god. Booze. There is still some good left in this world."

Anyone got the word for  antibiotics? I'm dying from sepsis here!
Turning yourself into another material might work... We really need to figure out some healing spells that don't require turning yourself into something that doesn't bleed.
((Well, mayby Karenthar Hobitaeaod, but that would require a good will roll to do decently. There's probably something circle-related that allows you to heal yourself or others.))

"Hah. They won't get me now."

Walk up to the man while winding up my sword. Activate it and stab his brain with it.

Do you get points from people that aren't strictly hostile?
(Possible. Although getting points is random except with certain enemies and against players)
You quietly wind up your blade as you sneak up on the man.
[dex:5-1]
[str:6+2-1]
Your drill blade connects straight between his shoulder blades and bores straight through his spine and out through his chest with a horrible burst of blood and bone.  It kills him instantly. Getting your blade back out, however, does take several minutes of struggling and yanking.

(You gain a point)

If there's still something violent, walk up to it and say word.  Order minion to smash it.

Otherwise, put my hand on minion and say testing words.

"Minion?  Do you notice anything... different about yourself?  Stronger, faster, smarter..."

You walk into one word range of the green flame thing and say your word.
Nothing happens. You sort of sheepishly back up and hide behind your minion again.

"Well then, looks like I'll have to do a bit of goldsmithing first."

Have one of my hands tear out a small chunk of wood from the church and bring it to me. Then command a small amount of my gold to form a floating torch around the wood chunk and rub it against the floor until the friction causes it to combust. Will all the rest of my gold to become a long metallic serpent, preferably thin enough to fit down the passageway. If all of that succeeds, then me and my treasure will head down into the darkness below.

[will:6+1]
Floating torch thing: A-ok.
Friction rubbing: Wood reduced to pulp, no fire. Fuck.
[will:5+1]
Golden serpent: A-ok.

Also, glance around suspiciously.

I bet I could make a gravity-defying bra with that word... Hehehe.

Same old temple grounds. Except for those two guys trying to kill each other. And that wind guy riding a giant.

"Whew. Outside. I'm sure that won't be any worse than what's inside, right?"

Head outside, look around.
You head outside. The outside area is a small temple grounds area with a low wall surrounding it. There's a sparring ring, benches and a half dozen people just kinda fucking around with magic. There's also a switchback path leading down the mountain on the other side.

Will it the Thallid to become flame resistant, then take it into the monster room.

[will:1+1]
Nope.

Hmm. Wander around, and say Adamenstiar Contallthelthel

You wander out to the temple grounds where magic actually works and give your spell a try.

[pot:5]
You summon up an arming sword made of pure diamond. Sweet, now you just need to punch some trees and kill some creepers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Throw my axe at the carrion beast!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:25:02 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

deactivate the circle then grab my candle and mini-homunculus.

run to the village center, yell WORDS at carrion beast in an attempt to steal derm's kill, or at anything else that ambushes me before i get there.
if it dies before i can attack draw my CIRCLE in the dirt and place my little flesh man in the large space then activate it.

((also my little guys alive right? albeit probably mindless

Oh and what are the stats on my crossbow?))
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:36:39 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

"Hm..." Glassco scribbles into the leather-bound book. 'Can't will spells to do things while using them. Probably because it isn't sentient. Not sure why I thought this would work.' He glances at the wall and sighs. He looks down the path, seeing the person John was assaulting flee down it. More people going down that path. Glassco ponders if it would just be easier to go down that path... "Eh, fuck that. Never been one to go with the crowd."  He pops some joints in his neck, and looks his book over again. "Alright, I can still strong arm you into working, Mr. Stone Wall." He pauses for a moment, before also writing in the book 'Remember, spells aren't sentient. Talking to them is not a sign of a healthy mind, so don't.'

Glassco walks over to the wall and says Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod. Take a few healthy, safe, steps back. Try to will it to move to its side... Somehow, and make the edges of the wall on whichever side is facing up to extend, warp, or basically make a basin or bowl-ish shape. Mini-guard rail, basically.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:49:39 pm by Xanmyral »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Go to Silica and give her the bows and arrows.
"Here. Take this. At the force that thing fires, that glass should be one hell of a shrapnel bomb. I... obviously have troubles using the damn thing.

Hancal Taaelth Sshasal Kokareum.

Feeling safe enough to drop guard near well-armed friends, deeply contemplate just how far the Clo-caltel gravy train can take us. Consider spawning multiple copies of the same types of weapons to see if there's random deviation or some way to control the kind of weapon you get through thought. We've had repeating crossbows and what seems like a compound bow from what I can assume are similar spells. And with creative wordplay, consider the viability of a floating control console, just so I can look like an uppity futurebastard.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:38:26 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Ah!  Life!  Quests!

"Howdy, sir!  What's going on in this place?  Where are we? What happened to the other buildings?  Is there anything you need me to do for you?"

Question the dude.  Bash him with the mace if he gets aggressive.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 435