Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961931 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin keeps going until he finds any interesting. Word of the day will be Ssathshalssall.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Player corpses turn into ash right away.
You sure? My body, well kind of my body, was still around to be righteously kicked off a cliff when I came back. John's arm and spine are probably still floating around too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You sure? My body, well kind of my body, was still around to be righteously kicked off a cliff when I came back. John's arm and spine are probably still floating around too.

Well, they did pre-reboot.  PW will have to confirm for now.

I see your Pokemon and raise you

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

AWW YISS THIS IS MAH BOOMSTICK
now we only need a metal fist and a human-skin book
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:36:04 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #3394 on: March 26, 2013, 12:41:31 pm »

As soon as someone finds the word for book we can do that, but metal hands are a thing already.

Damn it!  That was useless.  Time to screw with the arm again.

Take cover again.  Focus on the arm attempt to activate it.  Think of unleashing its power, then try thinking of it healing me, then recharging me, then it flying out and killing someone.  Point at someone randomly for that last one.
You hide behind your favorite hidey rock and look at your arm. You focus on it and think about activating it, though you're not sure what it will do.

As soon as you think about activating it the symbol in the center of the circle glows again and the circle itself breaks apart as the glow spreads to the other lines. Within an instant your entire right arm, from shoulder down, has been transformed from flesh into bronze. You start to freak out when you notice that it still moves and reacts normally, though flexing your fingers does cause them to squeak like an rusty hinge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh my GOD!
Null used a machinegun,did he not?
what about shotgun?
I am a Goober.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Please don't post such fucking huge images just in the middle of the page. At least use spoiler tags.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It was a turret, actually.  One can assume there's some sort of firearm word in there.

Also, huge image is huge.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh yes it is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am a Goober.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Heheh."

Punch him in the face until he dies.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"I wonder... can I upgrade ye' to have a lil' spicket on yer side fer an ale keg?"

Ride the bull! Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Actually, time for more science. Mixing materials, go!
Say Adamenstiar Shareeb. Imagine adamantine. Hope it works. Make sure my armor is on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I'm counting that as 'Derm you are now a robot.'

Time for a weapon!

Shareeb Clo-caltel Rothon Ku-karua Zothelthcaon!

C'mon railguncrossbow, c'mon railguncrossbow
[pot:6]
You summon up a strange sort of crossbow. It doesn't have anywhere to place any bolts, instead it's more of a metal spike confined within several silvery metal rings on a crossbow frame. When you draw the string back it passes through slots in the rings and electrical charge builds across the length of the spike. When you fire, the bow string snaps forward and a bolt of condensed electricity fires from the tip of the spike.

What a strange thing.

Shaontrod! Damnit I meant Shaontrod! Can you make a mini turn thing for me so I don't wast my turn from a stupid copy and paste typo?
Sorry, I didn't check the thread after posting yesterday. But I rolled the pot before I noticed your mistake so
You get 60 clockwork expansion bolts. Their heads fold outward once they've made contact, expanding in the wound.

Well, the path seems to be unblocked, so I will quit with the experiments for now.
Say Shareeb Shubhallethel, then pick up the result, whether it seems usable in combat or not, and walk down the path.
[pot:4]
You summon up a steel spear and then head down the path. You make it about halfway down, into the cloud cover, before you manage to annoy a flock of storm crows-rather large and angry birds that have the distinct property of being filled with lightning- that swoop in, intent on either pecking your eyes out or electrocuting you to death.

Or both.

mwahaha evil plan time,

have Mr big pick up the one armed pitchforker and throw him forcibly into the side of a nearby building while i run up to the torch bearer and perform SCIENCE! then have him walk over and restrain the torchbearer should it survive.

((kisame try to keep that torchbearer held down so i don't have to make a dex roll when i attack him ;)))

New plan, have Mr big pick me up and carry me away while i cast WORDS at the pitiful wretch of a villager that's about to get cluster fucked.
You have your big man pick you up and then hide behind a wall while you use your words.
[pot:1+1]
Or not.

((Well, this is my first fight. Hopefully all goes well o_o))
*Attempt to mentally dominate him, but if that doesn't work attempt to slit his throat with the silver dagger*
Well, no one is actually targeting you anymore, Those two other guys seem to have attracted their attention, so you attempt to dominate the former pitchforker who is now more of just a one armed, bleeding, screamer guy.
[will:4]
[Pitch will:4]
You struggle against him, your minds evenly matched.
[pitch will:6]
He manages to over come your attempts to mentally dominate him and charges you, waving his good arm around like a mad man.
[spd:3+1]
[Pitch spd:5]
[pitch dex:4]
[pitch str:5]
[spd:1+1]
[end:6]
He slugs you right in the face, but the blow glances off your mask. You grab his wrist with one hand as he winds up to hit you again and try to stab him.
[dex:2]
You miss completely and he jerks his hand free.

"Surprise, bitch!"

Beat him down with my hopefully-charged-from-my-hand clockwork mace.
[spd:4-2+1]
[mage spd:5]
[mage pot:6]
[mage dex:6]

The mage fires an iron spike straight through your lower body and into the ground. With a powerful electric buzz the electricity that constituted the lower half of your body leaps from you and into the metal rod. You fall to the ground, the entire lower half of your body missing.

"Right. Right. My feet are still in concrete. Also, technically it would be your spine, and your arm... Spear... Why do your bones have trouble staying where they belong? Anyway, fuck this concrete on my feet, fuck tiny steel chest plates, I'm starting to get sick of this place." Glassco tries his best to try and get on the concrete floor/bowl. "Can you get this off of me? Turn it into water or something, please? Its a bit of a hassl--LET'S FLY!" Glassco cut himself off as he realized that they could actually leave now the right and proper way. "Man, the sights we can see, can't wait to be off! Any direction you want, Captain John?" He has by now forgotten that his feet are still encased in concrete.

Glassco scurries onto the stone floor/bowl, activates the mark, waits for John to get on as well, and slowly lifts it into the air, about five or so feet. With his mind.

EDIT: (If corpse is still there, if not ignore) "Also... Uh... What do you want to do with, well, you? Old you." Glassco comments as he points to the spineless corpse.
(We will assume people still turn to ash. We don't want endless armies of reanimated players wandering around.)

You hop over to the bowl and fall in, dragging your feet in after you. You can't activate the mark that John made, only he can control that, but you can sing a stirring rendition of "Come sail away."

To the smoke!

You head down, past the fighting by the village homes, past the temple to scarlon, straight to the village center and into the ruined tavern. The smoke, as it turns out, is from a fireplace in the tavern.

"Oooh, north looks like fun."
Head north to the raider camp. Murderhug hostiles.
You turn around. There are several hostiles right here, fighting with a giant naked guy, a guy with a mask and some other guy. Might as well get the murder hug train started as soon as possible.
[Dex:2]
"Murder train coming through! Woo woo-ohshit"

Your flying tackle becomes more of a flying bellyflop as you completely miss your target and flop face down on the ground.

((Oh I read your comment about Zako joining "Shub's school of sorcery" wrong and had thought we had happened across an actual school run by Shub priests.  I may have been sleep deprived or otherwise indisposed when I first read that part.))

Feeling unclothed but not yet ready to run off into the turbulent valley below, especially not without some divine assistance.  However being ignorant of the culture of these parts he's not ready to jump into bed with just any deity.  Returning to the halls of the gods, Ozzy searches around for information this realm's pantheon, so that he might pick an appropriate patron.

((This is for both OOC and IC knowledge, I literally just discovered this section of the forums a week ago.))
Well there was a scroll about them, but I think someone wandered off with it. You could ask the monk upstairs, or check the reading room down in the hall of heroes. That or just try to intuit what each god does. If you tell the monk what you plan to do or how you plan to play, he'll set you up with the right god.

"~Percussive-maintenance!~"

Punch self in head lightly, then say "Harialltontal Shareeb Hael-ton" again. Clap if results look impressive. Cry if they do not.
[pot:5+1]
You get a nice big steel cleaver that is surprisingly light and easy to swing.

"How rude to attack a random naked thing like that"

MURDER WITH MAGICWORDS AND FIRE-SWORD OF ETERNAL PETTYNESS
You continue the murder train on that one armed, half dead man that people seem to be having a really hard time killing.

[dex:5]
[Nahere aware:5]
[saurinae aware:2]
[kisame aware:5+1]

A magic circle appears in front of you. And then another larger one in front of it. And then another, and another until a final one, 20 feet in diameter, appears. They all spin, faster and faster, before coming together. As this happens,Nahere and Cog, noticing what is clearly bad times coming, scatter out of the way. Saurinae does not.

The resulting blast of pure arcane energy vaporizes both enemies, Saurinae and one of the village homes before tunneling 20 feet straight into the mountain.

You gain 1 point. From Saurinae. Who you perma-killed.

(Saurinae feel free to make a new character and get sweet vengeance.)

"I'll be back Patrick, I just need to go contact an ally."
Silica walks over to Derm and gives him her knife and sword.
"So you're finally back, where's everyone else? What did you all find?
Sanya walked off somewhere, though she's armed with a force amplification bow with 19 sniper arrows and 20 anti-infantry arrows.
Would you happen to know how to animate objects? I accidentally summoned a giant clockwork bear that houses someone's soul."

Silica then aims away and says "Rothon Ku-karua"

You hand off your junk to Derm and then Rothon a Ku-karua
[pot:3+2]
You generate a burst of electricity and a lump of rare earth magnet.

Szaheeb Hobitaeaod Gonteli. wear result.
Will the stone staff lighter into a ring,and take a walk down the road.
groundspikestonemurder and skullsplosionmurder any hostiles

I EZZ YE OLDE MURDERWING
EDIT: how do i cast spells on others? like auras?
EDIT AGAIN:changed action.
[pot:3+1]
You summon up a bone control helmet.
And cause a little part of your staff to form a ring that you put on. That done you wander down the path until you come across the two guys getting attacked by birds. You could just keep walking or you could help them fend off the birds. Or kill them. Or summon giant naked men. Whatever floats your boats.

((Thank you!!! Now for runic shenanigans!))

Runic shenanigans.

[pot:6+1,2+1,6+1]

Plant, crystal and blood.

GARSTOPIT!
STRIKE AT THE HEAVY WITH MY BLADE

[spd:3]
[heavy:3]
[Captain:5]
[Ax:3]
[Cap dex:6+1]
[Cap str:6]
[spd:6]
[block str:5-1]
You raise your hand up to block the captain's blow but it cleaves straight through your arm and down into your head, splitting you from crown to chin.

You respawn in the spawn room, blinking in confusion.

Put on the armor. Say "Clo-caltel Hathic Contallthelthel"
You get a great clockwork chainsword. Sweet. Heavy and slow, but sweet.

((I'll give you guys a hand. But let me do my science, I was just about to make one of my arms into a mechanical arm so I could hit harder. That clockwork word is pretty badass.))
"HEY YOU! PITCHFORK GUY AND TORCH GUY! GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Lean out the window and yell "ROTHCALTAL CONTH" at the pitchforker or torchbearer.
Yeah...someone just vaporized them and the house next door so...probably a good idea to stay in tonight.

I'll climb on the bowl, touch the concrete around Glassco's feet and say "Dorbaelo Prathel".
"We should probably fly around the temple grounds a bit, just to be sure this won't kill us immediately. After that, just pick a direction at random. As for the corpse, let's just leave it there. I can't be bothered to give myself a proper burial."

You crawl into the bowl and try to free Glassco from his footie prison.
[pot:6+1]
The concrete turns into water. Well, he's free but you're both now sitting in water. In a bowl. That floats.

Kin keeps going until he finds any interesting. Word of the day will be Ssathshalssall.
Well, you find Thrakor fighting a mage up next to some cages. Is that interesting enough?
Your tongue tingles.

"Heheh."

Punch him in the face until he dies.
Who, the guy who just almost vaporized you and everyone around you? Because he's the only one left who seems very dangerous.

"I wonder... can I upgrade ye' to have a lil' spicket on yer side fer an ale keg?"

Ride the bull! Words.
The bull doesn't seem to be any more alive then a pocket watch. He's got a big turn key on him though, maybe that will do something.
I didn't get any words....Oh well, next words will use that potency roll.

Actually, time for more science. Mixing materials, go!
Say Adamenstiar Shareeb. Imagine adamantine. Hope it works. Make sure my armor is on.
(I usually just assume you have your armor on. Unless it's dangerous, like if it's made of fire.)
[pot:4]
You get lumps of diamond and steel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Turn the key! Same words.

((My bad, I just sent them. Timing!))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Anyone got a word for shield? I could use defense. As in the sort of shield that you can throw at someone, not a shield generator shield.
Say Hathic. Test how tough it is on my blade. Stabbity stabbity!
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 435