Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961761 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3810 on: April 05, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »

I think Piecewise works on the Schrodinger's Principle for Inventory Management, which is that it is in a state of both existence and non-existence, only existing when it matters, and being in between when it does not.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #3811 on: April 05, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »

((I can live with that.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 05, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »

Gonna be gone for the next few days. I'll follow parisbre's orders, lest they kill me

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 05, 2013, 03:33:59 pm »

"Oh god, you were supposed to be able to move! Uh, oh, shit, umm, maybe you have a turnkey? Umm... sorry..."

Pick the man up, and examine him. If it dosen't seem like he has some kind of crank, see if I can get him to balance on my shoulder or something.

Clo-caltel Halthel Chall-thel Hobitaeaod. 

Think about a giant mecha, or just a really big mechanical man.

((Is there a word for granting movement? Would be really awesome right now :P))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:55 pm »

"Crap..."

Grab the farmers head and shout "Dorbaelo Halthelshar," activate if necessary.

Then punch him in the face with my other hand.

((Because shattering a guy's face into shards glass is suitable awesome))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:36:03 am by luvmonke »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 05, 2013, 04:55:18 pm »

Dorbaelo Zzers Harialltontal
Head deeper into town

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: April 05, 2013, 05:32:46 pm »

[So, taking bets on if I go splat or not. Taking bets now, taking bets! Do I hear one mote? One soul? A single, solitary soul-mote of power?]

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: April 05, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

"Huh. I thought that would be fast, not strong. In that case:"
"Cainthalsaz Shalzethtol Harialltontal Shaazeshelial."

Activate mark. Head to raiders camp provided spell takes.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: April 05, 2013, 06:12:25 pm »

[So, taking bets on if I go splat or not. Taking bets now, taking bets! Do I hear one mote? One soul? A single, solitary soul-mote of power?]
I bet that you go splat. I bet my sword on it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3819 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55:38 pm »

Go down to that room in the basement where I was growing mushrooms and do the previously mentioned actions.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: April 05, 2013, 08:06:42 pm »

I think I'll join, if the added player won't make the game reach critical mass and self destruct.

Spoiler: Osborn Dunkel (click to show/hide)

((as I hope to mostly work with runes, will I have to make writing stuff, or can I just pick up limbs and torsos off the ground and use the blood as ink?))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »

Any kind of marking will work
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3823 on: April 06, 2013, 01:22:38 am »

(Post will come tomorrow morning guys. I've been helping people move most of the day so I'm pretty beat and haven't had time to update.  I'm gonna do posts till I get too tired to keep going then go to bed and finish up the update and post it tomorrow morning.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3824 on: April 06, 2013, 01:36:58 pm »

"~Silly magic.~"

Do more silly magic.
[pot:5+1,3+1]
Nope and nope. This word is a bit of a bastard, isn't it?

Go search through the warehouse(s) and take anything that looks important or magical
You find a strange ring. Huh. It's gold with a small red red gem on it and a warm feeling to it. Hmm.

Try "Clo-caltel Shubha" again, if it doesn't work, look for a stick that would serve as a walking-staff.
[pot:4]
You get your walking stick, though it's a bit shorter then you would have liked. Oh well, it works.
(Smolder: Fire based attacks get an automatic +1 to all rolls related to them (pot, dex to hit, etc)
Your new crossbow appears to fire spikes of arcane energy at a relatively rapid rate. Sweet.

CURSE MY LACK OF FORWARD THINKING!!!

draw a circle on the ground using a crystal arrow, once complete place the head of the arrow in the circle whilst keeping the shaft outside it and put the brick on the shaft to prevent it floating away before activating it.

afterwards try to get into a position where i can see one of the fights Luv and Kisame are engaging in and point at their attacker then say SUPER FIRE BONUS WORDS.

Find Parisbre and hand him my repeating crossbow and 29 remaining crystal bolts in exchange for a mindless humanoid test subject.

+2 Pot and +1 Dex should prevent this backfiring right?

[pot:3+1]
The part of the arrow in the circle turns into salt. Woops. Maybe you meant 44 rather then 4? Oh well.

[pot:5+1+1]
[dex:5+1]

You fire a a giant Watcher made of fire off in a parabolic arc up towards the thing Ozzy is fighting with. Now it's just a matter of watching to see if it hits.

Also, considering how far Paris is and how much you've done already, trading is gonna have to wait. Till next turn at least.

Look for things to kill.
You run a little way back up the path until you find Cog and his unfriendly, spear wielding anti-friend. Seems like something you could kill

switch to one handed grip on my sword and use words on camp from distance while pointing palm at the camp
Won't work. Mostly because it would be far too exploitable if it did. Now, if you, say, had someone go in there and flush out some enemies while you stayed and fired at them, That would be fine.

"Well, at least I know that it works."
Put my hand on the steel and say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth". Activate the mark if it isn't already.
Putting your hand on the steel isn't a problem. Taking it off might be.

The big lump of steel turns into a big lump of air, basically ceasing to exist in any practical means. Welp, least you're not stuck to the damn thing anymore.

Hm... well let's take a look around. This world seems like a fantasy land gone to hell, and churches are always hiding a secret or two in fantasy worlds.

Search around the whole church to look around for anything of interest. Before i do that though, say "Dorbaelo Chall-thel" while holding my firebomb. Do not activate the mark. I'm saving the mark for later.
[pot:5+1]

The jug becomes enormous despite your desire to keep it small till later. Well...crap. That was a good idea too. Oh well.

You search around the church until you find a trapdoor hidden under the central rug.

Doctor Octogonapus - Team Bismuth - Village outer gate

Go to Thrakor, say words and give the result to Thrakor or Kin, whoever wants to use it.

"I believe I owe you something. Here."

Anyone want a repeating crossbow and 30 crystal bolts?
((Selling or giving away for free?))

You run down to the raider cages and say your words.

Hmm, it doesn't seem to have taken on the flesh aspect, but otherwise it looks like it came out fine; a strange little ring made of brass with a light blue gem set in it. You leave it on the ground, since handing it to either kin or thrakor might prove dangerous.

Runes again.

((I should have taken more points in channelling...))

(Feel free to reroll via suicide)

[pot:6+1,2+1,5+1]

Lots of cement, tiny bit of magma, lots of water. Thankfully those last two work each other out before you burn your toes.

"I'll take that as a no."
Silica rejoins her party.
"I hope the dangerous properties are only active when this is wound."
Silica says "Clo-Caltel Zorhalth Rothon Contallthelthel"
Argh! I forgot to modify my eyes to remove that creepy glow... and I forgot to add an ejection or purge mechanism to this body >.<
[pot:4+2]

You summon a clockwork sword. One side of the blade is lined with little spikes, from which electricity arcs continuously. The other side is full of little holes that are constantly spewing fire. It looks pretty awesome...except for the fact that it's both electrified and red hot all over, rendering it very difficult to hold. 

Leave the dismal temple and run my way to some new area. If directions are strictly necessary, then the opposite way I came. Meaning if the village is down the north side of Mount Temple, I'm going down the south side.

Words

"First na' booze-plant, now na' dark matter hammer. Wha's the world comin' ta'? Cannae a disgustinly sober wizard get anythin' done?"
Uh, well everyone has been heading down the path on the west side. Mostly because thats the only path. I mean, you could throw yourself off the east side, but that way is a sheer cliff that leads straight into clouds that look more like a pyroclastic flow then a thunderstorm.

[pot:6+1]
Um...I got no words from you. So...yeah, we'll save that pot roll.

Examine the paths available to me or just keep going forward if theres only one.
Well, in terms of places you can go, from where you are, There is the clothing shop and the tavern right next to you. In terms of major paths there is really only one, but it splits in two just ahead of you; one goes south toward the sea while the other keeps  going down and west toward the raider camp and the forest.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" Glassco pondered on what to do with the current course of action, presenting his ideas to John. "OHSHITWE'REGONNAHITTHEGROUNDPULLUPPULLUPPULLUP!" After a bit of thought, he also addressed the beetle. "OHGODSSPARKYHELPUSCATCHUSOHGODSSPARKYSAVEUSSPARKYHURRYUP!" He firmly grasps the railing of the bowl before trying to cheer the team on. "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

Yell at John to keep trying to make it stop falling, make Sparky (Lightning Beetle) try to catch/save us and to hurry it the hell up on doing it.

[So I ended up naming it Sparky.]
"Okay! Here goes nothing!"
I focus on slowing down the bowl.

[john will:2]
John just kinda sits there with a stupid look on his face. Oh dear.

[will:2+1]
Sparky keeps pace with the falling bowl but can't quite get under it.

One more turn.

Well, at least Kin can use that staff to fix me and his hand now.

"You use it to fix me, since I reckon you're better at that sort of thing.  Feel free to use it to fix yourself too."

Rothon Ratheale to make raw material to fix my body.
[pot:3]
You summon a sphere of lighning the size of a marble. Yay. Oh, wait. Booo.

"Hrmm."

Run up to staff range, using the staff to deflect any attacks, and swing at his throat with my staff.

[spd:6]
[spear spd:1]
[Dex:2]
[Spear dex:2+1]
[spear str:6]
[spd:5]
[str:3]
You swing first, missing by a mile, and the spear man counters as you recover from the miss, cutting a shallow gash in your thigh, despite your attempts to knock away the blow. Good thing his aim is almost as bad as yours.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again.
Begin walking towards the village, while walking say Karenthar Aels Gars again.
I will have my wings!
[pot:5]
A tattoo appears on your chest. Yay!

You make it about half way down the path when you run into a gaggle of wizards sitting around, summoning things, testing magic and basically just fucking around in a very strange place. Huh.

Kin graciously accepts the Doctor's gift and starts experimenting with it. He puts Thrakor down before Kin wills the electricity from Thrakor's electric <insert form> and make it attach to the head, shaping it to the vague shape of a human. A functional one hopefully. If for some reason there is no electric material to use Kin says Clo-Caltel Rothon before starting the process.

((I really don't want to mention this but I just itch to do it. I am made of electricity and in my inventory I carry a rod. What kind of rod? One made of metal. Please don't dissipate me.))
You grab the ring off the ground.
You summon a big pile of gears and a burst of electricity.
[will:3]
You manage to catch the electricity and stop it from dissipating, but can't manage to form it into anything.

Yay! Pants!
Put on greaves. Say Zorhalth Shaazeshelial. Go down to basement, if I see anything nasty looking Garstopit it to death.
You are now made of fire! Yay fire! Unfortunately, Yo-drell's stone skin doesn't effect you in this form. You head down to the basement and, lo and behold, you find a giant metal golem made of fire and steel, wielding an equally giant hammer. Something tells you that toxin won't really effect it.

I think inventory is somewhat hammerspace, given I still have my robe, clockwork mace, torch, and lightning in a bottle despite being a head.  I think dangerous items are the only ones that matter.
Pretty much this. We're working of the Dark souls inventory system, rather then the Demon's souls system.

"Oh god, you were supposed to be able to move! Uh, oh, shit, umm, maybe you have a turnkey? Umm... sorry..."

Pick the man up, and examine him. If it dosen't seem like he has some kind of crank, see if I can get him to balance on my shoulder or something.

Clo-caltel Halthel Chall-thel Hobitaeaod. 

Think about a giant mecha, or just a really big mechanical man.

((Is there a word for granting movement? Would be really awesome right now :P))
(Ask thrakor. If I remember right he managed to bright a crystal to life some time ago)

The little man has a turnkey, but all it seems to do is make him slowly march in circles.

"I CURSE THE HEAVENS WHICH LET THIS HAPPEN!"

Welp.

[pot:4]
You summon a 7 foot tall robotic man. Doing so makes you feel extremely lightheaded for a few minutes, for some reason. Huh.

Also the Giant robot man can't move either.

"WE CURSE THE HEAVENS WHICH LET THIS HAPPEN!"

"Oh god they're cursing their existence in stereo now."

"Crap..."

Grab the farmers head and shout "Dorbaelo Halthelshar," activate if necessary.

Then punch him in the face with my other hand.

((Because shattering a guy's face into shards glass is suitable awesome))
[spd:3]
[pit spd:6]
[pit dex:2]
[dex:2]

You both just kind of flail at each other. From 10 feet away.

[aware:4]
You're catching your breath after a particularly hard flail when you notice a giant alien thing made of fire falling from the sky. Well...
[spd:5]
You spin on your heel and sprint away as the thing lands, detonating in an enormous fireball. The Pitchforker is reduced to ash and somewhere, down below in the village, you hear someone yell.

"FUCK YEAH!"

Dorbaelo Zzers Harialltontal
Head deeper into town

[pot:1+1]
Nope.

You head down into the village center, where derm is standing around, trying to pick which path he wants to go down.

"Huh. I thought that would be fast, not strong. In that case:"
"Cainthalsaz Shalzethtol Harialltontal Shaazeshelial."

Activate mark. Head to raiders camp provided spell takes.
[1+1]

Guess We're taking a little break this turn, huh? Also, I believe my dice may be slightly evil.

Go down to that room in the basement where I was growing mushrooms and do the previously mentioned actions.
So you basically want a lacrosse stick made of fungus with some exploding spore bombs? Well, lets see if that works out.
[will: 2+2]

Well, you get your stick at least. It's a weird looking thing; big and fuzzy blue with an inverted toadstool as the "basket" part on the top.

I think I'll join, if the added player won't make the game reach critical mass and self destruct.

Spoiler: Osborn Dunkel (click to show/hide)

((as I hope to mostly work with runes, will I have to make writing stuff, or can I just pick up limbs and torsos off the ground and use the blood as ink?))
Welcome to...whatever this is. Good luck~

[3+1]

Your spell takes effect on the cloak, marking it with a single use mark.

Statusesues
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 435