Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958666 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #4050 on: April 12, 2013, 11:36:56 am »

"That sounds dangerous.  Why not just kick its head off and stick mine on top?  I don't mind being a bit taller.  If you just did the two words, it's not really alive anyway."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4051 on: April 12, 2013, 11:50:36 am »

"It would be better true, but I for some reason believe motion comes from the original head. But then again it shouldn't matter to a being of electricity."

New action:
Kin flatten the giant's head with his will and levitate Thrakor's head into position. While he wait for Thrakor to get used to his new body Kin attempts to recycle the remaining body by willing it into a sphere.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: April 12, 2013, 12:07:07 pm »

"Okie dokie."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4053 on: April 12, 2013, 12:35:53 pm »

((You know what they say: "Two heads are better then one."))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: April 12, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »

Accidental post!

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:28 pm »

more specific Runes!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:35 pm »

"Keep it together lad! Or lass. Not sure what 'xactly ye even are."

Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: April 12, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »

"Fuck!"

Ozzy cried in pain as his efforts yield unexpected results.

"YEAH!"

Ozzy screams as his efforts won him piety points and favors from on high.  He celebrated his brand new limb with a bit of macho flexing before continuing down the path.  As he went he tried a few new words.

"Sharothcal" followed by "Dalthcael"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4058 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:23 pm »

Hm.... door with runes that glow as i get closer.... I predict it'll turn my arm to melted flesh if I touch it.... I hope i'm wrong. Also something is telling me not to open this door... but I wanna know!

Throw a rock at the door. if nothing happens to the rock, touch the door. If nothing still happens and I can't open it, say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth" while touching it.

If I can open it normally, then turn a corpse into diamond with "Dorbaelo Adamenstiar" for more exp farming!

((Oh God no! I hate those skeleton wheel guys.... Man i hate them.... along with just about every other enemy from that game.))

You throw a rock at the door. The energy of the circle flares up and annihilates it before it ever touches the stone. Okie dokie then. No touching that for now.

[pot:3+1]
You continue turning corpses into precious metals and minerals.

Point to strength.

Shareeb Shubha Hobitaeaod. Attempt to use result to repair arm.

Use WORDS for science!

Then explore further.

[pot:5]
You summon up a staff.
[will:4]
And use it to partially repair your arm. However, the electrical bits are still damaged, and even the repair of the metal wasn't 100%. You shrug and venture further on, pushing through the rusted gates of the shipyard.

The road beyond the gate follows a gentle curve, tracing the shoreline and dividing the ruins. Weeds and grass have grown up through the cracked cement of the road and it's edges have begun to slowly crumble into the sea.  To the right of the road are long, squat, corrugated metal buildings, half lost in the fog. Two of them are directly to your right while another waits farther down. To the left are the docks, or what remains of them, and one surviving ship: an enormous metal dreadnought that was either still under construction or being repaired when the shipyard was destroyed. A crane, nothing more then a shadowy half arch in the fog,  hangs it's arm over the ship, metal cables dangling lose and swaying gently. The ship is framed by two docks, or was at one point. The dock  closest to you ends abruptly after only 20 feet of so, but the one holding the crane still looks intact, though it's entrance if farther down the road.

Holy crap, we're finally successful!  Hook me up to the big one, please!

Get hooked up.  Say some words while at it.
[pot:3,1]
What look like strange tendrils and a big old sack of nothing.

Will my Armor to gain muscles that boost my strength and offset it's speed penalty. Then take my horde into the forest until I find a clearing, and will a Large mushroom to grow until it's taller than I am.
You don't think you could change your armor without removing the previous effect, ie the rocket spore things.

You continue down until you reach the sea intersection, where a rubber man is fighting an enraged farmer, but the looks of it at least.

"Huh... I'll have to try these later."

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNES!
[pot:4+1,3+1,5+1]
Diamond, electricity and air.

Ok. New plan.
Go inside house and find paper and pen. Science experiment Alpha.

No paper and pens around here. Guess these illiterate medieval peasant level villagers didn't do a lot of writing.

Hmm maybe I should help a little.
walk up behind the pitchforker and club him in the back of the head with my crystal staff. Having the intent of knocking him out.
[pitch aware:5]
[dex:4]
The pitch forker hears you coming up from behind!
[spd:4]
[pit spd:3]
[dex:1]
You miss your swing completely and are thrown off balance!
[pit dex:5+1]
[pit str:3]
[spd:1]
[end:2]
The pitchfork jams into your side, but it's points barely scratch your stoney skin.

Whether or not Saurinae succeeds in knocking him out or not, grab the pitchforker's upper body and say "Dorbaelo Thrancaole".
You capitalize on the distraction caused by your stoney friend.
[dex:6]
You grab the man by the chest.
[pot:3]
But your mark doesn't seem to work, it just flickers and vanishes.

"HELL YEAH"
((+1 Speed +1 Will))((and almost forgot my action...))
Jump back and will my sword to barbecue the captain
I don't have that your great sword has that ability; from what I have it's just a sword made of fire and obsidian. Which, while metal, doesn't have the ability to shoot flames. Do you have the original post where you made it?

Whatever is down there strikes us using our own magic as attack vectors, magic will be useless directly against it except from long range. I'll need to prepare an arsenal of weapons and find people who can use them. Once we find out the target's location, we should be able to annihilate it from long range, the temple seems to protect us from supernatural influences it seems.
Silica says <Words>
You don't have the pool to even inscribe the circle. Though you and Tsuch together would be able to.

"~Tee-hee.~"

Giggle girlishly, then more science.
[pot:5+1]
You summon a rather large, very buff homunculus.

words i guess.
[pot:2+1+1]
[dex:5+1]
[pit end:4]
You fire what looks like a tail made out of flame at the pitchforker. It catches him right in the face and reduces his head to ash. Yikes.
[pot:3+1]
You summon up a ring made of crystal. It looks a bit too sharp to wear comfortable.

Punch raider in the face. Be glad I don't feel pain or bleed in this form.
[spd:2+1]
[raider spd:1]
[dex:5]
[str:4-1]
[raid end:2]
You punch the bastard right in the goddamn face. There's a burst of arcane energy as your fist connects and he goes flying backward in a spray of teeth and blood. He struggles back to his feet a moment later, dazed and injured with blood pouring from his mouth.

"Hoorah! We're almost to sea! Haha, just a bit more than we're into the great expanse! Can't wait! Onward Sparky, onward! Hahahaha, soon we shall achieve a true ship, and see what their is to see! Also, this is probably the best way to find the kings, no?" Glassco chatted happily to John, himself, and Sparky although the latter doesn't do much beyond hum like a thunderstorm. "Hm, yes Sparky, quite astute! He thinks we should find something more suitable to fly in! I can't help but agree, surely there must be a ship somewhere out here." He peers over the edges towards the sea to see what he can see. "Bad luck that, the cloth that is. Try again? Nothing without a symbol, no?"

[The Will to Slaves thing applies to mental domination too, yes? If so, I know where my first point is going. Hm... I may actually abjure all my spell casting abilities for Will, and just be a Thrall Herder or something. Food for thought, although won't be brought up unless I die.]
Are you sure you want to go out over the ocean? The sea is quite black and deep and the sky above it is no better. If sparky was waiting there before, something much worse may be waiting out further in the world.

(As per will, your mask lets you command things like normal, but you can only control one player at a time. )

I tried to make a hidden knife. I got wolverine claws. Aw yeah.

Put the gauntlet on my not-robotic arm and test it out. Use the claws to scratch runes in the ground.
[pot:3+1,2+1,5+1]
You get:
Blood, Ink and Sand. In that order.

"Szahell Thrancaole."
"I've been thinking. Maybe an image of the spear-spine would be a good flag? It is the first spell I cast after all."

[pot:6+1,6+1]

You summon some cloth and enough ink to completely fill your bowl and turn both you and your companion's asses black.

Jixiu nods in approval(something he's been doing rather a lot of recently, but that's magic for you), then says "Clo-Caltel Conth Donbel."
You summon a chest plate that has several shields of the destructive energy being projected just above it's surface. Fancy.

I can't wait until you two teams start competing even more and start killing each other... or at least i hope that happens. That'll be real fun. A war with highly versatile magic.... has a nice ring to it...
I predict many giant flame watchers flying in every direction.
((I'm not going to initiate aggressions. I'm hoping for peaceful coexistence, at least for the foreseeable future. If however it comes to battle, I'm not going to do something as simple as giant flaming watchers. Imagine giant robotic watchers with eye lasers, people being crushed under their own weight and torn to pieces, arcane swords, immunity rings, airships battling it out in the sky. Of course, that is for the future, when we know a bit more about magic. Right now the only thing I can do effectively for battle is summon kickass gear and minions, provide enchantments and spam a combination of 3 very powerful offensive/defensive words that can kill everything around me. Maybe also plant some rune mines.

Oh, and we don't have a lord, I just seem to be the most active in recruiting and organizing our experiments in our team, similar to the way Derm is for their team I suppose.))

Summon a steel control sword with "Shareeb Contallthelthel Hobitaeaod". Then try some RUNES.

@Harry Baldman: You had expressed interest in joining our team but never sent me a PM. Do you still want to join? If so, send me a PM. And I'm totally not remembering that right now just because you just used an awesome word.
[pot:2+1]
You summon a metal tooth pick of controlling nothing but your self esteem. And in that case it only diminishes it.
[pot:2, 4, 6,+1 all]
Magma, rubber and vacuum.
[str:1]
That promptly sucks you in and kills you, just like every time you're around the fucking stuff.

Also, GOD DAMN IT.

Levitate more sand
Create sand person from Will
Thaltelsho No-Noheim Clo-Caltel

[will:5-1]
[Will:2-1]
[pot:4+1]
Well, you levitate some sand. Cool.
You spray sand in your own face. Not cool.
You make a bear made of clock work and sand! But sand doesn't make a good solid building material so it just falls apart. Maybe if you used the word for "Solid"...

Hrmh. This is getting annoying. A sword made of pure magic would be useful...
Try to find something that is NOT a player to beat the crap out of. Say Cainthalsaz Harialltontal, focusing on my blade.
Where would you like to look for this hypothetical "Thing you can beat the crap out of", which is a lot like Descartes' "Thinking thing" but for thugs and ne'er-do-wells.

A burst of fast, arcane energy explodes in front of you. Not exactly what you wanted.

Leave the starting area and head to roughly where I was before.
Clo-Caltel Heabishai No-noheim Shubhallethel.
[pot:2]
Well...you make it back at least.

Swing at his head again. Try harder this time.
[spd:1]
[Spear spd:3]
[spear dex:6]
[spear str:2]
The spearman carves a shallow gash in your head. Not that you even notice, all things considered.
[dex:5]
[str:6+2]
[spear end:3]
You Spin the staff around like a kungfu master and catch him straight in the temple. His Head splits open like a melon and his body goes flying off the cliff. 

Your weapon glows bright red and the blood on it's end leaps to your chest and into your wound. The flesh  seals and regenerates with a hiss of steam.

"It would be better true, but I for some reason believe motion comes from the original head. But then again it shouldn't matter to a being of electricity."

New action:
Kin flatten the giant's head with his will and levitate Thrakor's head into position. While he wait for Thrakor to get used to his new body Kin attempts to recycle the remaining body by willing it into a sphere.
[will:1]
The body detonates and disperses.

Mother fucker...

more specific Runes!
You don't have the pool to inscribe the circle, Let alone the runes.

"Keep it together lad! Or lass. Not sure what 'xactly ye even are."

Words.
I think you may be overestimating the size of this thing. It's like, an oil drum. You look like this right now:
http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300

"Fuck!"

Ozzy cried in pain as his efforts yield unexpected results.

"YEAH!"

Ozzy screams as his efforts won him piety points and favors from on high.  He celebrated his brand new limb with a bit of macho flexing before continuing down the path.  As he went he tried a few new words.

"Sharothcal" followed by "Dalthcael"

You make it to the Sea intersection where lots of people seem to be hanging out.

"Hey guys, whats going on?"

You can't see anything happen. And nothing seems to happen, though you feel it went off well and actually activated. Hmm.

Statuses
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[pot:5,4]

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »

((I don't believe so as I sent you a PM from memory I know what words I used though also you said it had control when I was having issues touching it to will it not to burn me requiring me to be burned here "The sword remains just as flamey as before. Hmmm. Have to touch it to control fire, can't touch it because it's on fire. Catch 22."))
"Yeargh"
Stab the captain
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:53:05 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:31 pm »

Silica says <words>
Direct magic attacks probably won't work very well, I suppose these runes might be useful. I suppose I could make some ofuda or similar objects with runes on them so that people can deploy explosives remotely... *sigh* perhaps I should do something more constructive when this is over, killing others isn't something I wish to do.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:50:02 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: April 12, 2013, 10:43:42 pm »

RETRY. I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS also I'm forgetting I have a fuckton of pool now, but that's later
Clo-Caltel Heabishai No-noheim Shubhallethel.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: April 12, 2013, 10:46:46 pm »

You forgot to give me a point in strength.

Intone Adamenstiar Donbel Garstorpit Halthel Shorbitael. Poke result and wear if it doesnt effect me. Move to docks and enter the nearest one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:45:35 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((* 4 pool now PW I think (with 4 chan and all)))
"Time for some fun"

"Quiello Zorhalth Contallthelthel Hobitaeoid" Then impress on it to not burn the hell out of me.

Found the original PW
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:50 pm »

Hmm...
Wander off into the forest searching for interesting things
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 435