Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961683 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4200 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

((Which team is yours? Magma or Aqua Aether or Bismuth?))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 17, 2013, 07:54:24 pm »

((Which team is yours? Magma or Aqua Aether or Bismuth?))
((Hm...I'm the third member of the alliance which later became Aether...I'm supporting Team Bismuth!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 17, 2013, 08:01:16 pm »

((Nooo!!! TV Tropes, of which I already had two tabs open!! Curse you, GWG!! :P
In all seriousness, though; how many members does each team have, out of curiosity? Words and rune counts are irrelevant))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 17, 2013, 08:04:29 pm »

In all seriousness, though; how many members does each team have, out of curiosity? Words and rune counts are irrelevant))
((Aether has at least three, Bismuth has at least two.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Stonecod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 18, 2013, 12:33:00 am »

This seems like an interesting game. I think I'll give it a shot.

"Bob the butler"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The first thing I will do is wander into the basement of the temple and scratch a rune onto the floor.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 18, 2013, 12:38:36 am »

let me be the first to say welcome aboard,
also have fun down there with the chrome hoppers and walking bellows.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #4206 on: April 18, 2013, 12:55:05 am »

((Hmmm i was certain that golem would have granted me a magic soul...
Perhaps hes not quite dead yet?))

place the automatons head in the center of the booze puddle then step back and say word.
Afterwards say words and pick up the result before walking to the shipyard.

You roll the head into the booze and say your word
[pot:2+1]
You spray a few sparks toward the booze but it refuses to take. Grrr. Sha-calun would not be pleased.

[pot:3+1]
You summon up an iron ring that has a little flame hovering above it where the gem might be set on a normal ring. Coolio.

(Magical constructs usually don't have magical souls in them any more then your own minions do)

"Is there any way to remove it? Does it have any other side-effects?"
After hearing the response, Silica walks back into the temple grounds and says "Roncal-thol Shareeb Shubha Thrancaole" while hoping for a pen.
He talks a long time in very ornate speak but it seems to boil down to "No, also don't use that word anymore or you're right fucked."

Welp.

You head back outside and do a magic
[pot:4+2]
You make a small staff that is half steel and half ink. It will work as a pen, but it will also dye your hands black. Oh well.

Head to village homes. Scratch the words "Shalzethtol Cainthalsaz Hobitaeaod Shubha" into the soil. Catch the nearest person's attention and point at the words.
((Little help?))
You are looking at :The village homes

There is a Nahere here. He is making a plaintive gesture. He has no jaw.

Engraved on the ground are some magical words.

There are wizards here. The wizards are laughing.

I believe my god points need to be at 16 now due to fire usage last turn.

Go to the house miauw is in and start drawing circles. Not the regular kind nor the crop kind, the magical kind.

"Note to self. Consider possibilities of magic crop circles."

You head into Mia's house of magic and hop over the ax blade.

[pot:3+1]
Your first circle causes an ax made of paper to appear!

Second one doesn't work. Both of the runes burn away.

"Ah finally done with that"
Head back into the town wander into the inn and talk to the barkeep about souls and their manipulation then go say some words
You head back to the ruined tavern and get the run down about souls, the silver flask and such
[pot:4+1]
You summon up a sword made out of bones and fire. Thats pretty metal, mate.

Jixiu shouts "Zaral!" at the man before attempting to stab him again.
[spd:3-1]
[torch spd:5]
[torch dex:5]
[torch str:6]
[spd:4-1]
[end:4]
Well he jams that torch right into your face. Right into your open eye'd, screaming face. It does what fire does to faces: It fucks shit up. Your face is now horribly burnt and smoldering and you are, for all intents and purposes, blind.

Good job out there folks. Hit the showers.
Attempt Shareeb Adamenstiar Donbel Garstorpit Shorbitael again.

Move on down to the other dock. Keep my gun ready.

[pot:3]
And again, not what you were hoping for.

The road ends abruptly here, Swallowed up by a massive crater that seems to have wiped the rest of the shipyard to the west off the map. The crater, a hole hundreds of feet across, crackles with remnant energies of whatever made it. Red electric discharges arc from burnt black stone and strange nasent things, born from the destruction and the power it imbuned into the land, patrol the crater's sloping walls. At it's very depths, you can see something large lurking near a fissure that leads deep into the earth. The lip of the crater waits just ahead, while off to the right there sits whats left of the third building on the main road. And to the left is the last remaining dock in the shipyard, along with it's crane and the ship moored to it.

Attempt to go into the forest again
You continue down. Past the newly cleared out raider camp, the road north and the other gate of the village.

Half way down the path to the forest are three stone heads, carved from boulders and laying together on the side of the path. Their features are simple,petroglyphic even, and undeniably ancient; far older then the village or other structures near by. One looks up the path, back toward the village, the middle, out at you and the last down the path, toward the forest. At their base is a pile of flat stones forming a sort of table.

Not really, no.

Sketch a circle and runes.
[pot:6]
Hey gwg, I got no pm from you. Make sure you're PM'ing me, not emailing me, someone named "Lil_shade" did that recently. We'll use this roll for when you pm me those runes and stuff, just remind me in your post that we are. I can forget sometimes.

"Yes. Murder. Soon. Soon."

Continue into the raider camp, staff at the ready.
The Raider Camp appears to have been recently fumigated, for there are no baddies here to beat down.

Will my armor to turn into fungus Powerarmor (Repeatedly, if the first time fails), then head deeper into the forest.
You guys do realize you're not in the forest yet right?

[will:3+2]
Your armor grows strange bundles of muscle like fiber that helps you move.

You head down to the three heads, same place as Saurinae.

"Time for plan B!" I activate the mark on the bowl and take evasive maneuvers.
[will:5]
You follow peppy's advice and barrel roll the fuck out of there.  You're now back at the area above the beach, next to the shipyard.

Head back to town looking for a NPC to murder.
You run all the way back up to the village homes just in time to see a guy get smacked in the face by some torch wielding crazy person. That certainly seems like an NPC worth murdering!

Enter town, slay villager, eat it's face. Meet with the guy who plans to hand over the BEAR BALLISTA and initiate bear-wizard peace talks.

You bear right down to the village center and meet up with Superduperblast for the purposes of bear.

((Good to know that I can control my magnetic arm at will trough the awesome power of GM ignorance :P ))
Wonder why I'm not stuck to the blade as it's made out of magnets and my arm is made out of magnets and my leg is made out of steel. Deactivate the circle before physics come into effect. Also, draw a circle.

I just assumed you were staying well back.

[pot:4+1]
The Runes both burn away when you activate the circle, but the circle doesn't seem to do anything.

"Enough practice! It's time to get serious!"

Draw my first ever circle!
[pot:6+1]
The circle activates just perfectly and stays active. You can feel it draining magic power from you to stay active; nothing noticeable now, but seems like it might be a problem in a fight. (ie it doesn't effect pool outside of combat, but in combat it would take 1 mana each turn to keep it active.)

It doesn't seem to do anything though.

"~Reinitializing! Insufficient-data! "Pretty-Joe"-now-classified-as-swear-word!~"

Respawn and head out into temple grounds. Say words.
You head out to the temple grounds, cursing random bears, and say words.

[pot:5+1]
You become come made entirely of that sort of destructive light. Unlike the other substances, your feet do seem to react with the ground and you blow the hell up.

For the sake of ease though,we'll just say you respawned and walked back outside.

Head into center of shipyard
Do stuff

Well..you go to the same place as Derm, since there's no real center around here.

Also, silly Javier, there is no that guy here. Your plans will have to wait.

Milo's face instantly lights up.
"So the words in this book... are part of a language that can actually cause things to be? There's so many notes, but these pages must be nouns, this one is covered in verbs, and this one is adjectives and adverbs..."

Grinning, say "Ssathshalssall Pouerstol" and "Taroth".

[pot:4+2,2+2]

The first mark seems to cause your tongue to gain a mind of it's own and jerk about randomly. Makes saying the other word impossible. Also, the mark is permanent unless overridden. Oh dear.

Ok, not going to fight a manifestation of the being that controls my magic. Bad, bad BAD idea.
Politely thank the monks for their time. Go down to the village, and look around for anything interesting. Say, monsters, odd items, shiny stuff, you get the idea. Say Shaontrod Zorhalth. Aim it away from anything, unless I find a monster, then aim it at that.
Oi! Why was this not there! Did you miss it? Also,Put my pants on.
I did that post! I remember doing it! Look down at the combats thing at the bottom of the statuses page. You got into a fight with a cloud shepard and your spell just summoned fire arrows that did nothing.  So you're in combat right now. Damn this forum eats posts a lot.

((Can you switch mine and Tsuchi turns around? Because I told I would get it to where he could speak... and if I go first I'd have to wait after this turn to let him speak.))

"Hm.... Mageblood infusion? What is that? And Shal the Evergrowth... have I heard that before? Does he have something to do with sealers and what not? Well either way..." And this is where I pull out my geography scroll, "...can you point out where he's at on here?"

Say the above. If a bear arrives in the tavern and he doesn't try to kill me, touch it and say "Dorbaelo Halthel". If one doesn't arrive then instead turn my cleaver into stilver with, "Dorbaelo Hacal"

"Mageblood was something the gave the sorcerer's back when the war was still on. Made them strong, but fragile, more powerful but more susceptible to magic. They used to transfuse all the blood in a man's body, make the effect permanent. I can't do that, but I can give you a booster. Will replicate the effects, but only for a time. "

"I don't know. But they say He was from the mythic lands to the west, past Nul-Sheal's Labyrinth. But no one has been past there in hundreds of years, let alone now that the magic has seeped into the wood. If you were looking for him, those woods would be a good place to start"
He points to the woods to the west on your map.

You head outside to deal with this bear problem.

[pot:1+1]

You should bear in mind that failure is always an option.

Hmmm... current theory if I use a full body mark of lightning first, that will unify everything, then I can use one of flesh.  Issue is that I'd need to pretty much instantly activate it or my flesh head would just fall off.  I fear if I just do a full body flesh mark then it wouldn't be unified.

That all can wait until I have +1 to pot, though.  Time now for murder.

"Well, close enough.  Thanks for your help, Kin!  May I have my ring now, please?"

Collect ring from Kin and move back toward raiders.  Rothon Shael anything that aggros me.
You get the ring but all the raiders are done gone by now. And more certainly aren't gonna show up with people sitting around in their camp and walking around everywhere. Raiders are naturally skittish creatures.

Hrm.  Say words. 

Did the raider corpses dissipate like PC corpses?  Or are they still laying around?  What about their equipment?
Well, it is if you didn't murder them with something that vaporized them. Not that they have much beyond uniforms, some armor and their normal weapons.

[pot:1+1]

Welp.

"Of course, here you go."

Kin uses his electric finger to burn a circle and a rune on the ground. A16, B1. Activate if possible.

[pot:4]
It activates, the rune pours light into the empty center circle and...nothing happens.

"I'll be back!"

Shout a few words of death as a parting gift, fly away. But mostly down.

((Yeah, a flying vessel that is filled with cannons that shoot arcane death-beam. I really want that damn ship now. I will have it. I will build an army of glorious gryphon drones and assault the base by the score until it flies the flag of Clan Statistical Anomaly. IT SHALL BE DONE.))
Or you could build your own. No one around here seems to build anything very complex, do they? Bunch of lazy wizards. Lazy lazy wizard wizards.

Also, you really sure you want to shout those death words? That will count as a combat action, which means you have another chance to be blasted out of the sky.

[We found an optional boss, already, so soon?
There are non-optional bosses?

Sure, several of them. The only ones you technically NEED to beat are the sealers. But there are plenty of other big bads around to fight for souls, unique items and Glory!

This seems like an interesting game. I think I'll give it a shot.

"Bob the butler"

The first thing I will do is wander into the basement of the temple and scratch a rune onto the floor.
You immediately sprint down to the basement and start scratching at the floor.
[pot:5+1]
It doesn't seem to do anything. It activates but doesn't produce an effect, at least.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 18, 2013, 01:13:09 am »

Kindly ask the guy heading the same direction as me(sorry mate, I forgot your character's name) to watch the area as I research these strange ruins, also please be careful around the ruins. I would hate if you, I, or the ruins got royally fucked up.
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 18, 2013, 01:14:20 am »

Say "Conth", intending to make it appear above the torch-guy's head, if that doesn't work, Garstorpit him.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 18, 2013, 01:19:33 am »

be EXTREMELY FUCKING PARANOID about who javier was planning on ambushing, do secret stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 18, 2013, 01:30:22 am »

(Could someone point me to where part two starts? I stopped reading for awhile at that point and need to catch up.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54:35 am »

"Yare yare..."
Silica says "Baltaellsheral Hath-Caon"
She then aims away and says "Zarabethcanthal Clo-Caltel"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54:50 am »

Punch the torch wielder that is attacking Jixiu.
Punch him in the face.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4213 on: April 18, 2013, 03:50:56 am »

Try some more circle and word experiments. Also, another question related to our future base plans, does crafting/combining objects (making a net out of rope for example) require a dex roll, or do we assume it is always successful?
((Team Bismuth has at least 4 members, however I cannot reveal more because some people have asked me not to reveal that they are part of the team. Join now and find out who they are! By joining you also gain knowledge for ~70% of the words and ~15% of the runes, as well as any cool gear or enhancement you desire as a gift from me. Join now!))

((Did I mention you should join now? If not, join now! Is my superliminal messaging working yet?))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:43:51 am by Parisbre56 »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 18, 2013, 05:39:21 am »

Flail with my spear! FLAIL FOR MY LIFE!

Fly away! Fly away!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:01:43 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 435