Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962095 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4290 on: April 19, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

Nooo say dorbaelo then the word for grant speech.

Magical bear wizard....
...I'm conflicted.

Is there a word for "octopus"? Make an octopus wizard!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:13 pm »

Toaster found the word for tentacle i think.... you could always make your own...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:04 pm »

((Some intro would be nice. I only know a little bit about what's going on vice Toaster. I don't need the magic system explained or anything, just want to know where I am and what's around me, really.

Also, this thing moves FAST. I don't think I've ever had quite so many new replies in such a short time period.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:21 pm »

DUCK AND COVER! Get down on the ground and stay there until murder is over, or not gonna happen.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: April 19, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »

((Some intro would be nice. I only know a little bit about what's going on vice Toaster. I don't need the magic system explained or anything, just want to know where I am and what's around me, really.

Also, this thing moves FAST. I don't think I've ever had quite so many new replies in such a short time period.))

We are in a parallell dimension and have to kill a bunch of overpowered sealers in order to release the other... and maybe kill him too...

However we must first find the sealers and survive attacks from npcs and each other in order to get there.

You are currently in the spawn room, it is located in the temple, magic does not work in this room.
The temple is on a mountain above the village, the temple contains 8 altars to bind yourself to a god, a basement that spawns monsters and a bunch of undead monks who will answer questions.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

"Hm... I do quite become frustrated with the randomness of magic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Controlling things with my mind is much simpler." Glassco sighs as he tries once again the spell.

[Also, you accidentally gave me a +1 to my Pot roll. Although I'm not sure if trying this simple spell has any vast repercussions for rolling a one.]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:37:30 pm by Xanmyral »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:23 am »

((There are also two rival factions that are, supposedly, unfriendly towards each other though that doesn't really mean anything considering that both factions have a decentralized command system so neither of them will be doing any large scale infringement of their counterparts.))

((PW: Does the rubber armor cover the user's hands?))
Silica says <Words>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:00 am »

((There are also two rival factions that are, supposedly, unfriendly towards each other though that doesn't really mean anything considering that both factions have a decentralized command system so neither of them will be doing any large scale infringement of their counterparts.))
((And we're not actually hostile, just...well, I guess not glad that the other's stealing our potential researchers, I guess.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: April 20, 2013, 12:08:06 am »

[Not everyone is in these two groups however, some are just wandering around. I'm sure if an actual list was compiled, it would probably be split into thirds of Aether, Bismuth, Undecided/Neutral. That's my bet anyhow.]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: April 20, 2013, 12:18:39 am »

((With some additional affiliation labels of "Sky Pirates", "Bearliance" and "People Likely to be Mistake for Evil Overlords"))
((Edit: Xanmyral, I completely agree with you, Bearliance has replaced "Bear Allies"))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:26:33 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: April 20, 2013, 12:20:56 am »

[I think Bearliance would be a bearter name, but that's just me. Although I admit I'm beary punny at times.]

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: April 20, 2013, 12:26:53 am »

"Yay the first member of my army"
Words, then give skeleton the product of words.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: April 20, 2013, 01:07:03 am »

"~Ah-there's-an-idea.~"

More words.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: April 20, 2013, 02:21:44 am »

"Agreed. Magic can be annoyingly chaotic sometimes. One minute you can be making a boring spear, the next, you create the best spear known to man and then it flies off. We'll find you some day Speararm. Just you wait. We'll find you."

Once again I touch the ink, and say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth".

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: April 20, 2013, 02:28:15 am »

"Right, let's try this."

Draw the same circle and runes, but put a ball of flesh into the centre before activating it. Observe what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 435