Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961862 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5775 on: June 15, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »

[Yeah, sorry guy. My hands are a bit tied, Jarvis is Jarvis and the fight has begun. I can release your soul to let you respawn if you like though, all I'd ask in return is that you don't try to attack Sky Pirates in the future. Not a big list to watch out for, just me and Byte's character.

I imagine if this were the other way around, you probably wouldn't offer the same deal, but honestly you're new. If this was one of the old guys who's been here a while already, yeah no I'd keep their soul, but I'll release yours if you like. Its a warning though, the gloves will be off in the future and I won't release it if you do something to tempt Jarvis to kill you again (only way as of which being attacking him, or Byte's character really.)

That, and I know it must suck to get killed right out the gate, from what I've seen the everyone seems to have an, either intentional or not, unspoken agreement to not kill other characters on temple grounds unless through self-defense. You can count the number of people who attack on temple grounds on a single hand really.]

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: June 15, 2013, 12:45:24 pm »

Well, this is probably a bad idea, but I want more power for more dakka, so....
Things, then words.
Anyone near the wolf, run away. Unless you want to try and kill it, then fine.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: June 15, 2013, 01:02:30 pm »

"Been waitin' fer this."

Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5778 on: June 15, 2013, 01:15:18 pm »

[Yeah, sorry guy. My hands are a bit tied, Jarvis is Jarvis and the fight has begun. I can release your soul to let you respawn if you like though, all I'd ask in return is that you don't try to attack Sky Pirates in the future. Not a big list to watch out for, just me and Byte's character.

I imagine if this were the other way around, you probably wouldn't offer the same deal, but honestly you're new. If this was one of the old guys who's been here a while already, yeah no I'd keep their soul, but I'll release yours if you like. Its a warning though, the gloves will be off in the future and I won't release it if you do something to tempt Jarvis to kill you again (only way as of which being attacking him, or Byte's character really.)

That, and I know it must suck to get killed right out the gate, from what I've seen the everyone seems to have an, either intentional or not, unspoken agreement to not kill other characters on temple grounds unless through self-defense. You can count the number of people who attack on temple grounds on a single hand really.]

Well, battle hasnt begun with you as far as i know. You must walk from where you were towards here. That should theorically give me time to pray to Flux and start running away, Since im faster if dices want me to, i would reach the exit first, be able to cast my spells, then depending on what goes on, one or another thing will happen.

So the battle isnt done yet.

And you dont need to contain yourself because your new. If i die, i will restart. The personality of the character i am right now is that of a sadistic person, probably a thief or an assasin in Earth. I roleplay my character and do actions according to it. So yeah, if i hit you with this character, it doesnt mean i will as another. If i get offered an easier path now i will probably have it harder on later.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:20:35 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: June 15, 2013, 01:41:40 pm »

[Heh, I like the way you think. As you wish then, playing for keeps. May the best man win the fight, although honestly things are rather heavily staggered in my favor currently to be frank. You got a hallway, a flight of stairs, and another large room to get through before you hit the outside of the temple, and there actually isn't that much space between Blastel's and Flux's altar, they're almost directly across from each other with Flux being the third on the right, and Blastel being the second on the left. The altar rooms are about the size of a large closet, if I recall from Derm and Cult shenanigans that ensued from them trying to shove ten people in the same alter room.

You're right however, good rolls should get you away if Jarvis arrives after you've already started trying to flee the room.]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:43:15 pm by Xanmyral »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5780 on: June 15, 2013, 03:23:05 pm »

[Heh, I like the way you think. As you wish then, playing for keeps. May the best man win the fight, although honestly things are rather heavily staggered in my favor currently to be frank. You got a hallway, a flight of stairs, and another large room to get through before you hit the outside of the temple, and there actually isn't that much space between Blastel's and Flux's altar, they're almost directly across from each other with Flux being the third on the right, and Blastel being the second on the left. The altar rooms are about the size of a large closet, if I recall from Derm and Cult shenanigans that ensued from them trying to shove ten people in the same alter room.

You're right however, good rolls should get you away if Jarvis arrives after you've already started trying to flee the room.]

And else, well, im fast. With some luck i may avoid your attacks, overall if i manage to get the Flux boost. (I know you have same speed) and why do your stats have +1 in some if you just spawned? (Wait, did your earlier character die and this is a new one, or you just respawned?)

And it isnt just the time till you come in here, i guess you didnt notice and reacted in the very second. I guess you took atleast three seconds to react, and hmmm... 10 to come here? I dont really know the distance so cant know really how much, I think that is enough to cut my hand with a sharp piece of metal in my staff and put some blood above Flux Altar, and then begin running away.

But in the end it all depends on the Dice and the gamemaster.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:34:40 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: June 15, 2013, 03:40:50 pm »

I will -1 Dexterity.

Respawn. Examine self. Words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: June 15, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »

[Jarvis is a new character, the way stats work is that you get a plus one to a roll determined by said stat every three points in said stat, the plus ones shown on my stats are just self put there for clarity sake, so at a glance one would know. Bonuses are typically written elsewhere, or with tags on them to signify such, such as Jarvis' fancy weapons. Another stat tidbit you might like is that your character can control a number of minions based upon your will. Like, with one will you can control one minion, zero no minions, four two minions, seven three minions, so on and so forth.

If you got any other questions about the game mechanics, don't be shy to ask, those of us who can will answer.]

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5783 on: June 15, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

[Jarvis is a new character, the way stats work is that you get a plus one to a roll determined by said stat every three points in said stat, the plus ones shown on my stats are just self put there for clarity sake, so at a glance one would know. Bonuses are typically written elsewhere, or with tags on them to signify such, such as Jarvis' fancy weapons. Another stat tidbit you might like is that your character can control a number of minions based upon your will. Like, with one will you can control one minion, zero no minions, four two minions, seven three minions, so on and so forth.

If you got any other questions about the game mechanics, don't be shy to ask, those of us who can will answer.]

Oh, so i currently have a +1 to speed and the other stats on which i have 3?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: June 15, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »

[Yeah, basically. If you have three speed, any speed roll is made with a +1 bonus to it, makes it easier to succeed and so such.]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: June 15, 2013, 04:22:00 pm »

What?  I didn't die?  This went much better than expected!

Does anybody know offhand if you keep otherflesh bits through a normal respawn?

"Ahahaha!  Ahh, what a body!" Faust said as he flexed and stretched. "Still, I think there might be ways to improve it further..." he said with an evil glint in his eyes.

Go devote myself to Flux, and shoot Sarzael a smug glare after that.  Watch him die.  Then, kill myself with a head beating.  Shift three points from Channelling to potency

Empiricist, do you mind if I take the lightsabre? [/quote]

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: June 15, 2013, 04:25:44 pm »

[The answer is yes, yes you do. I recall someone getting Otherflesh arms and noting that they still had it even after a respawn. Enjoy your new body, but be warned that any other touch with that word will kill you. Or rune, I'm not sure if you can trick other people into using such runes, but entirely possible. ...Not sure if you'd want to though, as it would be used to aid the guy you're tricking. Which may go badly.

Here's hoping it doesn't turn against you when the inevitable fight with the Other happens... Unless you seek to aid him that is. Go all Highlander on his Avatar, become the new one and so such.]

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5787 on: June 15, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

What?  I didn't die?  This went much better than expected!

Does anybody know offhand if you keep otherflesh bits through a normal respawn?

"Ahahaha!  Ahh, what a body!" Faust said as he flexed and stretched. "Still, I think there might be ways to improve it further..." he said with an evil glint in his eyes.

Go devote myself to Flux, and shoot Sarzael a smug glare after that.  Watch him die.  After that, get the lightsabre from Empiricist (don't fight her, though).  Lastly, sprint to Parisbre.

Empiricist, do you mind if I take the lightsabre?  I'll edit my action if you do.

You know, im not dead yet, right? Everyone does like if luck didnt exist...
Also, how far away is the basement?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:37:08 pm by Sarzael »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: June 15, 2013, 04:59:01 pm »

Grab awesome hammer. Find someone or something to fight. If another player, offer them this:

I don't aims to kill ye. How about we skirmish? Hold back, no outright murder, just fight till we concede defeat. If you win, I'll make you a little something or help you feed a circle. Can't offer information, sadly. If you decline, I'll find someone else to maim.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: June 15, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

FLYING SMASH ATTACK MOVE GO! Jump up above the Head, and hit it with my staff when I fall to it's level.
Hit who?
The giant stone head that's attacking him. Read the previous turn(s).

Also, FYI only Blastel and Scarlon have given objects to their followers so far.
Well, once this is done i gotta find words for some useful (Unlike this staff) weapons.

((My weapon is a wooden staff, and I've beaten a giant stone boar to death with it. All weapons are usefull, just gotta find out how.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 435