Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962039 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5911 on: June 19, 2013, 04:04:49 pm »

Hey, now, no reason to waste the souls.  Let me kill you if you're just going to destroy your current char :P

Yeah well, i was gonna let you kill me by going to ´´attack`` you, and ´´accidentally`` turn myself into booze letting you burn me easily.

Also, Piecewise, is there an word for virus? (Just want to know if theres one, not which it is). Else you should add one. Totally want to make an epidemia that causes eyes to become kittens.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:44:01 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 21, 2013, 04:20:11 am »

so... who thinks i deciphered the code correctly and what do you think "null is the avatar of the other, the sealers are mad" implies for the future of perplexicon?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 21, 2013, 05:07:40 am »

((I honestly think that you may have made an error because we already knew the sealers were mad and also null (if he ever shows his parchment covered hide again) will be promptly turned into dog meat by a few dozen blood mad murder hobos (us), furthermore he wasn't super powerful, just possessed knowledge that we at the time lacked also Other wise I would expect something closer to Chaotic evil rather than Evil simply due to its... stupidity? Although the meaning could be different depending on what you take from it. So yeah, also how did you translate it? ))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5914 on: June 21, 2013, 05:16:20 am »

((Not only that, Null seemed to have helped Thrakor. He almost wanted him to succeed. Why would he had helped him if he knew that whoever passed that portal would be trying to kill him? Unless he believes that once we kill the sealers we won't be able to defeat him. Maybe he WANTS us to attempt to kill the sealers? Or maybe he just wants us to use magic so that we bring the world closer to chaos? And maybe the will rolls when he was under attack were because he was essentially controlling himself, since our magic is actually part of him... Or maybe he wasn't really Null but just a manifestation of the 8 gods, trying to prepare us for what was coming. Or maybe Null's just mad. Not unlikely for a god of chaos.

And where is that code from, if you have remembered?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 21, 2013, 05:40:41 am »

((I have no idea where or what the book is i read it in but i can tell you my cipher wad a 3 hash pigpen code.

My key is as follows
Left hash: straight edges
Middle hash: straight edges and dots/dashes
Right hash: curved edges and dots/dashes.

CFI   LOR  UX
BEH KNQ TWZ
ADG JMP SVY

I may have the verticals around the wrong way but im going from memory here.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5916 on: June 21, 2013, 06:17:24 am »

((Oh, yeah! That's why it seemed so familiar! I remember reading about these kind of ciphers in a Dan Brown book. Too bad I didn't remember about them first... Oh well, good job.))

((EDIT: Hey, wait a minute. The only double symbol is the straight bottom right corner dot (or straight upper left dot if I'm looking at it upside down). And that symbol should mean L acording to your translation. So you probably got those letters in the wrong order. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:26:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5917 on: June 21, 2013, 06:35:17 am »

((Not only that, Null seemed to have helped Thrakor. He almost wanted him to succeed. Why would he had helped him if he knew that whoever passed that portal would be trying to kill him? Unless he believes that once we kill the sealers we won't be able to defeat him. Maybe he WANTS us to attempt to kill the sealers? Or maybe he just wants us to use magic so that we bring the world closer to chaos? And maybe the will rolls when he was under attack were because he was essentially controlling himself, since our magic is actually part of him... Or maybe he wasn't really Null but just a manifestation of the 8 gods, trying to prepare us for what was coming. Or maybe Null's just mad. Not unlikely for a god of chaos.

And where is that code from, if you have remembered?))

I think we are being manipulated...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 21, 2013, 07:23:45 am »

Spoiler: translated image (click to show/hide)

okay now that i have the image to refer to, what section of the book are you looking at? the top left corner with the three -| symbols?
because if you look closely the leftmost one has a curved lower edge which moves it from hash 2 to hash 3 and it becomes a U.

i should really update the image to fix "dam era sre" and include "ers are mad backwards" but im lazy and you guys are smart enough to read backwards.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5919 on: June 21, 2013, 07:27:30 am »

Spoiler: translated image (click to show/hide)

okay now that i have the image to refer to, what section of the book are you looking at? the top left corner with the three -| symbols?
because if you look closely the leftmost one has a curved lower edge which moves it from hash 2 to hash 3 and it becomes a U.

i should really update the image to fix "dam era sre" and include "ers are mad backwards" but im lazy and you guys are smart enough to read backwards.

What means backward?
Now, i was reading ersare mad.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 21, 2013, 07:33:45 am »

not sure if thats sarcasm or english being your second language so i shall explain.

backwards just means the sentence is written from right to left instead of left to right.
therefore "dam era sre" becomes "ers are mad"

although to be honest i did think piecewise sister had just written damn eraser with poor spelling for a good 30 minutes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 21, 2013, 07:41:07 am »

Those damn erasers...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:10 am »

It didnt seem out of place... and i didnt actually notice the connection to the rest of the message until after i had posted that i had successfully translated it...

Kinda embarrassing but it might have had something to do with the fact i was rushing to get it all translated and uploaded whilst trying to get ready and almost missing my train.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:17 am »

((Just so everybody knows the suspected message is "Null is the avatar of the other the sealers are mad"))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5924 on: June 21, 2013, 09:17:10 am »

Also, does anyone think that Piecewise should get someone to help him?
I think hes doing great, but he still has to manage two fairly sized RP and his own personal life, so i think he should search someone trustworthy, and let him do turns the days that hes very busy. That would accelerate a bit the wait times, and reduce his stress.

And now, it may be a bit late for this, but we should have gotten a OOC thread by the beggining. Then it would be easier to find turns and stuff, and reading the story without having to avoid looking at words you dont yet know if you want to learn yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 435