Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961687 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5955 on: June 22, 2013, 03:20:01 am »

((Sorry about the double post. This is the prototype updated with everyone other than Thrakor (I can't find his location). Sorry if I missed anyone or their actions.))
Spoiler: Prototype (click to show/hide)
((And seeing as I've doing quite a few apologies in this post, sorry, Syvarris, I didn't see your posts. I think the mortar is man-portable since Silica can carry it with her despite her 0 strength))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:08:25 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: June 22, 2013, 03:41:30 am »

I'm probably going to drop out then. I've got a fair bit going on anyway, and it's great to read regardless.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5957 on: June 22, 2013, 04:22:40 am »

((Sorry about the double post. This is the prototype updated with everyone other than Thrakor (I can't find his location). Sorry if I missed anyone or their actions.))
((And seeing as I've doing quite a few apologies in this post, sorry, Syvarris, I didn't see your posts. I think the mortar is man-portable since Silica can carry it with her despite her 0 strength))

Great job! How much it took you?

Also, whats with mass triying to burn me dear god.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:30:18 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: June 22, 2013, 04:37:08 am »

((All I can say is that PW is amazing, it took 2-3 hours of my time tracking down everyone's posts and statuses. Thankfully if this method is implemented, everyone will only need to update their own actions.
I think people have decided that you'll likely die and that if they endanger themselves by attacking you, you'd be too preoccupied dealing with the rest of the clusterfuck))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5959 on: June 22, 2013, 04:40:40 am »

((All I can say is that PW is amazing, it took 2-3 hours of my time tracking down everyone's posts and statuses. Thankfully if this method is implemented, everyone will only need to update their own actions.
I think people have decided that you'll likely die and that if they endanger themselves by attacking you, you'd be too preoccupied dealing with the rest of the clusterfuck))

Well, considering i have learnt the words for Black Hole, i may aswell decide to bring some dudes with me. KC!
I mean, i dont care about diying, but when three people attack me at same time, i may decide hmmm... Not to die alone :P

Reasons people want to kill me: Im a free soul... Pretty much.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:43:28 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: June 22, 2013, 04:46:08 am »

((Two are out for revenge, the third is trying to help out the other two for diplomatic reasons. Blackhole isn't the best attack against Jarvis due to his strength.))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: June 22, 2013, 05:09:05 am »

Hmm, I've actually wanted to get a list of what all the words mean, just without their corresponding word (a list of all materials, shapes, targeting things, special effects and tattoo locations) as I've wanted to start a Perplexicon derivative here at uni with some friends in the style of the old arena days.

I actually thought about coding some sort of Perplexicon-helper system for me and my friends, but I'm not sure just how best to go about it, just a method of tracking all of the players, their inventories, a way to "easily"(subjective) import a turn, wordlist/runelist auto translate (for the GM obviously) and auto/easy rolling system. Even better an output PW can easily just add the creative flair and kickassery we have come to treasure.

Truth be told, it may also be a bit out of range of my abilities. I tend to aim a little out of my reach.
@PW: If you don't mind it being written in Python, I should be able to at least make a fast-translator.

Hmm, I may have found a fun project.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: June 22, 2013, 05:11:52 am »

((The main issue is the use of word combinations, somethings PW said indicate that he has to figure out what some word combinations do which is why thoughts influence spells: PW may use the caster's thoughts as a basis for the effects. Hardly surprising considering that it is pretty much impossible to devise an effect for every single word combination or combination pattern.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5963 on: June 22, 2013, 05:13:00 am »

((Two are out for revenge, the third is trying to help out the other two for diplomatic reasons. Blackhole isn't the best attack against Jarvis due to his strength.))
Agaisnt Jarvis im already doing... Other stuff.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:09 am »

I'll admit, it is/was a VERY lofty goal.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5965 on: June 22, 2013, 05:18:35 am »

I'll admit, it is/was a VERY lofty goal.

Well, you can do an list of characters with their status, and then have a dice program that automatically does all the dices based on a selected action and stats.
But i guess that would also be hard to do...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5966 on: June 22, 2013, 06:49:04 am »

@Empiricist: While that is good, I don't think finding posts isn't the biggest problem for piecewise. I think it's actually quoting them. I was thinking more of something like this, so that piecewise gets all the posts ready, and just has to copypaste posts together if there are any hidden combat actions. Assuming there are also statuses in each player's action (added either by the players themselves or by the person collecting these posts), this should remove about half an hour or more of simply finding posts and stats and copying actions.
Note: The posts are in the wrong order since piecewise processes post in the order they were posted except for combat between players.
Code: [Select]
[quote author=syvarris link=topic=119572.msg4330062#msg4330062 date=1371571772]
Now that I'm actually figuring out what to cast, I don't really know what to do with my massive pool... :P

[b]Walk outside the temple and say words.  All of them.  Wear the results. EDIT: Also test the properties of my new body.  Do I still need to breath?  Do I tire?  Is my flesh more resilient than normal?  Do I bleed? Ect.    Then go grab the light crossbow from Empiricist, and finally wander down the cliff path away from the temple.[/b]

[S]Empiricist, is there any decent weapon you'd like tested/would just give away?  Could I have it?  My first stat point will be going into dex, so I'll have a +1 to dex rolls shortly.[/s]

[b]Piecewise[/b], What does otherflesh look like?  I've pretty much been imagining it as Synthflesh.
[/quote]

-Syvarris action-

[quote author=GreatWyrmGold link=topic=119572.msg4331854#msg4331854 date=1371613140]
[b]Words.
[/quote]

-GWG action-

[quote author=Vakothu link=topic=119572.msg4329545#msg4329545 date=1371546498]
((Sarzael, the "mercury thing" means when you get a natural roll of 5 on speed or dodge, you turn to mercury for that action.))
[b][color=navy][glow=darkgrey,2,300]"Hmm, I must have said that wrong."[/glow][/color]
Try [color=pink][glow=red,2,300]that spell[/glow][/color] again.  Then (even if it fails) go upstairs and ask the Lore-Monk a question.[/b]
((Are summoning circles any circle that summons something or just particular circles?))
[/quote]

-Vakothu action-

[quote author=Sarzael link=topic=119572.msg4329515#msg4329515 date=1371543994]
Hmmph im a idiot. Oh well atleast here i can try to make something helpful.

[b]Say as many of the words i PMed you before as i can, then go back and dont let them get into the basement.[/b] (Fight them both with whatever i get if its good, else continue to run away though any exit that isnt the same as they re coming off from)

OOC: As i said, IM NOT DEAD YET!!!

Also, what does the Flux Power Become Mercury mean? I can transform myself onto mercury at any time?
[/quote]
[quote author=Parisbre56 link=topic=119572.msg4329648#msg4329648 date=1371554840]
It was Vakothu, but he died, so you're out now. Too bad. I really wanted to see what that thing was going to do. You think it was the Other or just a gatekeeper?

[b]Disregard my PM. Go to Sarzael and cast Zorhalth at him. Repeatedly. After the battle, make my way to the barman and get a soul container and then go to the sea path. Keep casting Zorhalth along the way so as to farm god favor.[/b]

((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))
[/quote]
[quote author=Corsair link=topic=119572.msg4329534#msg4329534 date=1371545570]
"Oh come on you"*grabs Mr mace fists*"He went this way"
[b]Lead Mr Mace fists to the courtyard, stay in the anti-magic zone[/b]
[/quote]
[quote author=Xanmyral link=topic=119572.msg4329820#msg4329820 date=1371563203]
[glow=orange,2,300]"Blastel cursed COWARD! Not wanting to fight a true fight, no, would smack my ally on the head with his staff but when faced with TRUE MIGHT?! Flees."[/glow] Jarvis grumbled to himself. He's not sure where that guy could of gotten off to, nor how large this place could be... Bother. [glow=orange,2,300]"Ally Aldit! The foe has escaped, scared off by GREAT MIGHT no doubt!"[/glow] A ploy to make himself feel better really, Aldit probably didn't see that pathetic excuse for a punch. Jarvis shuffled his feet sheepishly as he wondered what to do next...

[/quote]

Jarvis can recognize the glaive as Blastelian make, somehow. He's guessing due to his knuckles/boots and being pledged to him. Either way, he gives a confident smile. THE HUNT IS ON! [glow=orange,2,300]"INDEED?! Where did that coward go, good Blastelian? A foe most FOUL, HE IS! To strike my most staunch ally then flee GLORIOUS RETRIBUTION AT THE HANDS OF A REAL FIGHT! I be Jarvis and thank you for your aid in my plight!"[/glow] [b]Jarvis let the Blastelian lead him to the courtyard anti-magic zone.[/b]

[spoiler=REST O' ACTIONS][quote author=Xanmyral link=topic=119572.msg4332102#msg4332102 date=1371617873]
[Well, seems Corsair doesn't wanna talk, so I'll get to my action.]

[glow=orange,2,300]"Ally Aldit, glad to see you're well, and good timing! You get to see me SMITE THIS MAN FOR HIS IMPUDENCE!"[/glow] Jarvis jabbed a finger towards the hooded man who had assaulted Aldit. [b]Seeing the small man wishing to say some words outside the anti-magic field, he moves so and allows him to. Whatever the result of Aldit's words, the man will nod.[/b] [glow=orange,2,300]"I thank you for your words, staunch ally. BUT NOW I MUST TURN THIS PUNY EXCUSE FOR A MAN INTO MUSH! YOUR TREACHERY IS AT AN END!" [/glow][b]Jarvis shouted as he charged the man who had assaulted Aldit, going for a kicking frenzy from the looks of it.[/b]
[/quote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=OOC STUFF][Didn't know we had this, thought the anti-magic zone was only the building and you guys were just walking in and out of it to do stuff.

Also, I'm guessing Derm is [s]either going to get out of the soon-to-be fight in the courtyard or going to try to kill people. Silly people, always hiding your offensive actions. Why not shout it at the top of your proverbial lungs? Much more fun that way I've found.[/s] doing science, something I didn't foresee for some reason. Silly me, SCIENCE trumps all.

Actual action will probably come later, I'll let Corsair talk to Jarvis if he wants to before launching into REVENGE PUGILISM.][/spoiler]
[/quote]

-Combat and any further actions-

[quote author=flabort link=topic=119572.msg4331914#msg4331914 date=1371614212]
[quote author=Parisbre56 link=topic=119572.msg4329648#msg4329648 date=1371554840]((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))
[/quote]
((OMG! Check QT, I'm making an offer to get that word!))

[color=beige]"OK... it seems safe... despite it's appearance."[/color]
[b]Repeat the words I used last turn. After moving further away from the tiger a bit.[/b]
[/quote]

-flabort action-

[quote author=Bigf00t link=topic=119572.msg4329795#msg4329795 date=1371562401]
"Dang-nam-mit!"
"Maybe I should try something similar to my original approch, why not! Why? I don't even know! Seems like a scienc-y idea!"

[b][u]WORDS![/u][/b]

((New, not-real words are fun, also @PW, I know this game is a huge strain on your brain-cage, but I had some more turn in there... But a huge thanks for the magic advice!))
[/quote]

-Bigf00t action-

[quote author=Harry Baldman link=topic=119572.msg4329595#msg4329595 date=1371551501]
[b]Go out in search of mobs to murder for delicious points. Don't stop until one is found. If there are obstacles, go around them. The direction doesn't matter at all. If mobs are found or I am attacked, strike back by forming orbiting steel spheres into daggers and send them flying into presumably vital organs or faces with willpower.[/b]
[/quote]

-Harry Baldman action-

[quote author=dermonster link=topic=119572.msg4329665#msg4329665 date=1371555267]
Ah. So were all at the courtyard?

[b]QUickly, do things![/b]
[/quote]

-Derm action-

[quote author=Nahere link=topic=119572.msg4329550#msg4329550 date=1371547115]
[color=#008000]"I... don't think I'll be trying that again any time soon. I wonder if there's a way to teleport with circles..?"[/color]
[b]Rune Materials Science![/b]
[b]B20, B22, B23, and B24.[/b]
[/quote]

-Nahere action-

[quote author=Empiricist link=topic=119572.msg4329637#msg4329637 date=1371554422]
[quote author=syvarris link=topic=119572.msg4322874#msg4322874 date=1371331320]
Empiricist, do you mind if I take the lightsabre?
[/quote]
((You can have it if you don't intend to kill other Players.))
[hr/]
[b]Silica walks back to the edge of the anti-magic area she was previously in.
If Corsair is with her, Silica places her right palm on him and says [color=blue]<words>[/color] [abbr=Only if Piecewise isn't going to do mutilate Corsair for the accidentally implied incest]before giving him the vacuum gun.[/abbr][/b]
[color=blue]"A final, highly dangerous, highly experimental piece. Aim this as far away as possible and use only when other options fail. By the way, when you have time, can you please test the energy blade's trigger while aiming away from everyone? I still need some data on that unit."[/color]
[b]
Then, regardless of whether Corsair followed her or not, Silica walks into the anti-magic zone and continues walking to the area with the monks in it.[/b]
[hr/]
[spoiler=Silica's Catalogue]
[table][tr][td][quote=For Sale]
Lightsaber [i][[glow=darkorchid,4,300][color=white]arcane energy[/color][/glow] blade][/i]
Greatsword [i][two unknown [glow=black,4,300][color=forestgreen]poison[/color][/glow]-related functions][/i]
Spear [i][[glow=orange,4,300][color=gold]physics[/color][/glow]-tipped] [likely single use][/i]
Mortar [i][fires [glow=orange,4,300][color=gold]physics[/color][/glow]][/i]
Crossbow [i][fires [glow=blue,4,300][color=white]destructive light[/color][/glow]][/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[td]
[quote=Custom Equipment]
Specialized Equipment can be requested as long as:
[i]-It does not require more than four words in any creation step
-It is not consistently harmful or potentially harmful to the user or creator
-The user does not intend to kill, harm or otherwise inconvenience another player except by accident, to save another or in self-defense
-The creation does not violate any protocols of the Aether Science Cooperative
-The creation process does not require the creator to modify themselves in any way shape or form[/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[td]
[quote=Testing]
Corsair: Beam Katana [i][[glow=blue,4,300][color=ghostwhite]destructive light[/color][/glow] blade] [unknown secondary ability][/i]
Corsair: Greatbow [i][fires [glow=grey,2,300][color=goldenrod]clockwork[/color][/glow] chainsaws][/i]
Corsair: Rifle [i][fires [glow=darkmagenta,2,300][color=purple]blackhole[/color][/glow] spheres][/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[/tr][/table]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

-Empiricist action-

[quote author=sjm9876 link=topic=119572.msg4330014#msg4330014 date=1371570639]
[b]Assumning wrist is slit, run outside and yell '[color=brown]Rothon[/color]'  pointing hands in a random non person direction. Also not at myself. then say '[color=brown]Cainthalsaz[/color]', same conditions apply.[/b]
[/quote]

-sjm9876 action-

[quote author=SingularByte link=topic=119572.msg4330809#msg4330809 date=1371589733]
[b]I cut my palm over Flux's basin, then head outside the building and say words, making sure I'm closest to Jarvis when I say them.[/b]
[/quote]

-SingularByte action-

[quote author=Tsuchigumo550 link=topic=119572.msg4329869#msg4329869 date=1371565109]
((Toaster. You can fight me if you'd like.))

Draw rune A1/B11/B21 on the head of my hammer, so that activating it affects whatever the hammer HITS, not the hammer itself. Or at least plan it that way. If attacked, do this anyway then strike a defensive pose.
[/quote]

-Tsuchigumo550 action-

[quote author=Dansmithers link=topic=119572.msg4329995#msg4329995 date=1371570171]
"[glow=purple,2,300][shadow=green,bottom]Dammit.[/shadow][/glow]"
[b]Say WORLD ENDING WORDS.[/b]
[/quote]

-Dansmithers action-

[quote author=Zako link=topic=119572.msg4329572#msg4329572 date=1371549407]
[b]Try again to make that tattoo! It's got to work this time![/b]
[/quote]

-Zako action-

[quote author=javierpwn link=topic=119572.msg4329599#msg4329599 date=1371551929]
[b]Look at surroundings
Try to find my way back to the shipyard, then back to the forest.
Look for something to kill inside forest.
WORDS
[/b]
[/quote]

-javierpwn action-

[quote author=Onyxjew944 link=topic=119572.msg4330480#msg4330480 date=1371584214]
[color=#009922]"Well, that was pathetic. I almost feel disappointed."[/color]

[b]Zorhalth[/b]
[/quote]

-Onyxjew944 action-

[quote author=KineseN link=topic=119572.msg4331005#msg4331005 date=1371593275]
[b]Kin attempts to scratch the rune [color=lightblue]B9[/color] with his free hand from his memory to the side of the tree.[/b]
[/quote]

-KineseN action-

[quote author=Angle link=topic=119572.msg4331168#msg4331168 date=1371597338]
[b]Hit the lizard creature with a sporebomb in the face, then order my minions to spring in and melee it, while willing fungus to take root in it's lungs and consume it. If those don't work, will fungus to grow from the ground and block it's movement. If either of my minions is killed, will another one to form behind the lizard. Also jump around a lot, to make hitting em difficult.[/b]
[/quote]

-Angle action-

[quote author=Saurinae link=topic=119572.msg4329549#msg4329549 date=1371546952]
[b]Attempt to get it off me. Then attempt to pin it to the ground and break off one of it's remaining limbs and stab it to death with it.[/b]
[/quote]

-Saurinae action-

[quote author=kisame12794 link=topic=119572.msg4330798#msg4330798 date=1371589628]
[color=#00cc00]"Kill count, +1. Now, to the mausoleum!"[/color]

[b]To the Mausoleum! Be on guard for traps.[/b]
[/quote]

-kisame12794 action-

[quote author=ArchAIngel link=topic=119572.msg4330587#msg4330587 date=1371586098]
Hmm. This could be interesting.
[b]Say Zzers Harialltontal Adamenstiar Jubhal. Wonder if there is a word for horn or horns.[/b]
Meatshield? Meatshield. Also, would a horse let me get around faster? I figure that a horse is naturally faster than a human over long distances, so will travel be affected by my new mount? Assuming it succeeds, of course.
[/quote]

-ArchAIngel action-

If that doesn't work, then we can either cut NPC spawning and only have bosses around (I was going to say go back to the arena but I like exploring the world, plus there are things like remote god altars that would be hard to do in the arena) if NPCs take a lot of his time. Or cut the number of players. (in this post there are about 25 players, so something like 18 or 15?)

@Sarzael: You're lucky my current action allows you to retaliate. My original action had me detonate a superweapon, but then I saw there were people I liked in the courtyard and decided against it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:56:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5967 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:52 am »

@Sarzael: You're lucky my current action allows you to retaliate. My original action had me detonate a superweapon, but then I saw there were people I liked in the courtyard and decided against it.

Well, i dont really care, as if i dont die i will suicide to make new char.
This was more of a test char.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:57 am »

@Empiricist: While that is good, I don't think finding posts isn't the biggest problem for piecewise. I think it's actually quoting them. I was thinking more of something like this, so that piecewise gets all the posts ready, and just has to copypaste posts together if there are any hidden combat actions. Assuming there are also statuses in each player's action (added either by the players themselves or by the person collecting these posts), this should remove about half an hour or more of simply finding posts and stats and copying actions.
Note: The posts are in the wrong order since piecewise processes post in the order they were posted except for combat between players.
Code: [Select]
[quote author=syvarris link=topic=119572.msg4330062#msg4330062 date=1371571772]
Now that I'm actually figuring out what to cast, I don't really know what to do with my massive pool... :P

[b]Walk outside the temple and say words.  All of them.  Wear the results. EDIT: Also test the properties of my new body.  Do I still need to breath?  Do I tire?  Is my flesh more resilient than normal?  Do I bleed? Ect.    Then go grab the light crossbow from Empiricist, and finally wander down the cliff path away from the temple.[/b]

[S]Empiricist, is there any decent weapon you'd like tested/would just give away?  Could I have it?  My first stat point will be going into dex, so I'll have a +1 to dex rolls shortly.[/s]

[b]Piecewise[/b], What does otherflesh look like?  I've pretty much been imagining it as Synthflesh.
[/quote]

-Syvarris action-

[quote author=GreatWyrmGold link=topic=119572.msg4331854#msg4331854 date=1371613140]
[b]Words.
[/quote]

-GWG action-

[quote author=Vakothu link=topic=119572.msg4329545#msg4329545 date=1371546498]
((Sarzael, the "mercury thing" means when you get a natural roll of 5 on speed or dodge, you turn to mercury for that action.))
[b][color=navy][glow=darkgrey,2,300]"Hmm, I must have said that wrong."[/glow][/color]
Try [color=pink][glow=red,2,300]that spell[/glow][/color] again.  Then (even if it fails) go upstairs and ask the Lore-Monk a question.[/b]
((Are summoning circles any circle that summons something or just particular circles?))
[/quote]

-Vakothu action-

[quote author=Sarzael link=topic=119572.msg4329515#msg4329515 date=1371543994]
Hmmph im a idiot. Oh well atleast here i can try to make something helpful.

[b]Say as many of the words i PMed you before as i can, then go back and dont let them get into the basement.[/b] (Fight them both with whatever i get if its good, else continue to run away though any exit that isnt the same as they re coming off from)

OOC: As i said, IM NOT DEAD YET!!!

Also, what does the Flux Power Become Mercury mean? I can transform myself onto mercury at any time?
[/quote]
[quote author=Parisbre56 link=topic=119572.msg4329648#msg4329648 date=1371554840]
It was Vakothu, but he died, so you're out now. Too bad. I really wanted to see what that thing was going to do. You think it was the Other or just a gatekeeper?

[b]Disregard my PM. Go to Sarzael and cast Zorhalth at him. Repeatedly. After the battle, make my way to the barman and get a soul container and then go to the sea path. Keep casting Zorhalth along the way so as to farm god favor.[/b]

((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote author=Xanmyral link=topic=119572.msg4329820#msg4329820 date=1371563203]
[glow=orange,2,300]"Blastel cursed COWARD! Not wanting to fight a true fight, no, would smack my ally on the head with his staff but when faced with TRUE MIGHT?! Flees."[/glow] Jarvis grumbled to himself. He's not sure where that guy could of gotten off to, nor how large this place could be... Bother. [glow=orange,2,300]"Ally Aldit! The foe has escaped, scared off by GREAT MIGHT no doubt!"[/glow] A ploy to make himself feel better really, Aldit probably didn't see that pathetic excuse for a punch. Jarvis shuffled his feet sheepishly as he wondered what to do next...

[/quote]

Jarvis can recognize the glaive as Blastelian make, somehow. He's guessing due to his knuckles/boots and being pledged to him. Either way, he gives a confident smile. THE HUNT IS ON! [glow=orange,2,300]"INDEED?! Where did that coward go, good Blastelian? A foe most FOUL, HE IS! To strike my most staunch ally then flee GLORIOUS RETRIBUTION AT THE HANDS OF A REAL FIGHT! I be Jarvis and thank you for your aid in my plight!"[/glow] [b]Jarvis let the Blastelian lead him to the courtyard anti-magic zone.[/b]

[spoiler=REST O' ACTIONS][quote author=Xanmyral link=topic=119572.msg4332102#msg4332102 date=1371617873]
[Well, seems Corsair doesn't wanna talk, so I'll get to my action.]

[glow=orange,2,300]"Ally Aldit, glad to see you're well, and good timing! You get to see me SMITE THIS MAN FOR HIS IMPUDENCE!"[/glow] Jarvis jabbed a finger towards the hooded man who had assaulted Aldit. [b]Seeing the small man wishing to say some words outside the anti-magic field, he moves so and allows him to. Whatever the result of Aldit's words, the man will nod.[/b] [glow=orange,2,300]"I thank you for your words, staunch ally. BUT NOW I MUST TURN THIS PUNY EXCUSE FOR A MAN INTO MUSH! YOUR TREACHERY IS AT AN END!" [/glow][b]Jarvis shouted as he charged the man who had assaulted Aldit, going for a kicking frenzy from the looks of it.[/b]
[/quote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=OOC STUFF][Didn't know we had this, thought the anti-magic zone was only the building and you guys were just walking in and out of it to do stuff.

Also, I'm guessing Derm is [s]either going to get out of the soon-to-be fight in the courtyard or going to try to kill people. Silly people, always hiding your offensive actions. Why not shout it at the top of your proverbial lungs? Much more fun that way I've found.[/s] doing science, something I didn't foresee for some reason. Silly me, SCIENCE trumps all.

Actual action will probably come later, I'll let Corsair talk to Jarvis if he wants to before launching into REVENGE PUGILISM.][/spoiler]
[/quote]

-Combat and any further actions-

[quote author=flabort link=topic=119572.msg4331914#msg4331914 date=1371614212]
[quote author=Parisbre56 link=topic=119572.msg4329648#msg4329648 date=1371554840]((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))
[/quote]
((OMG! Check QT, I'm making an offer to get that word!))

[color=beige]"OK... it seems safe... despite it's appearance."[/color]
[b]Repeat the words I used last turn. After moving further away from the tiger a bit.[/b]
[/quote]

-flabort action-

[quote author=Bigf00t link=topic=119572.msg4329795#msg4329795 date=1371562401]
"Dang-nam-mit!"
"Maybe I should try something similar to my original approch, why not! Why? I don't even know! Seems like a scienc-y idea!"

[b][u]WORDS![/u][/b]

((New, not-real words are fun, also @PW, I know this game is a huge strain on your brain-cage, but I had some more turn in there... But a huge thanks for the magic advice!))
[/quote]

-Bigf00t action-

[quote author=Harry Baldman link=topic=119572.msg4329595#msg4329595 date=1371551501]
[b]Go out in search of mobs to murder for delicious points. Don't stop until one is found. If there are obstacles, go around them. The direction doesn't matter at all. If mobs are found or I am attacked, strike back by forming orbiting steel spheres into daggers and send them flying into presumably vital organs or faces with willpower.[/b]
[/quote]

-Harry Baldman action-

[quote author=dermonster link=topic=119572.msg4329665#msg4329665 date=1371555267]
Ah. So were all at the courtyard?

[b]QUickly, do things![/b]
[/quote]

-Derm action-

[quote author=Nahere link=topic=119572.msg4329550#msg4329550 date=1371547115]
[color=#008000]"I... don't think I'll be trying that again any time soon. I wonder if there's a way to teleport with circles..?"[/color]
[b]Rune Materials Science![/b]
[b]B20, B22, B23, and B24.[/b]
[/quote]

-Nahere action-

[quote author=Empiricist link=topic=119572.msg4329637#msg4329637 date=1371554422]
[quote author=syvarris link=topic=119572.msg4322874#msg4322874 date=1371331320]
Empiricist, do you mind if I take the lightsabre?
[/quote]
((You can have it if you don't intend to kill other Players.))
[hr/]
[b]Silica walks back to the edge of the anti-magic area she was previously in.
If Corsair is with her, Silica places her right palm on him and says [color=blue]<words>[/color] [abbr=Only if Piecewise isn't going to do mutilate Corsair for the accidentally implied incest]before giving him the vacuum gun.[/abbr][/b]
[color=blue]"A final, highly dangerous, highly experimental piece. Aim this as far away as possible and use only when other options fail. By the way, when you have time, can you please test the energy blade's trigger while aiming away from everyone? I still need some data on that unit."[/color]
[b]
Then, regardless of whether Corsair followed her or not, Silica walks into the anti-magic zone and continues walking to the area with the monks in it.[/b]
[hr/]
[spoiler=Silica's Catalogue]
[table][tr][td][quote=For Sale]
Lightsaber [i][[glow=darkorchid,4,300][color=white]arcane energy[/color][/glow] blade][/i]
Greatsword [i][two unknown [glow=black,4,300][color=forestgreen]poison[/color][/glow]-related functions][/i]
Spear [i][[glow=orange,4,300][color=gold]physics[/color][/glow]-tipped] [likely single use][/i]
Mortar [i][fires [glow=orange,4,300][color=gold]physics[/color][/glow]][/i]
Crossbow [i][fires [glow=blue,4,300][color=white]destructive light[/color][/glow]][/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[td]
[quote=Custom Equipment]
Specialized Equipment can be requested as long as:
[i]-It does not require more than four words in any creation step
-It is not consistently harmful or potentially harmful to the user or creator
-The user does not intend to kill, harm or otherwise inconvenience another player except by accident, to save another or in self-defense
-The creation does not violate any protocols of the Aether Science Cooperative
-The creation process does not require the creator to modify themselves in any way shape or form[/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[td]
[quote=Testing]
Corsair: Beam Katana [i][[glow=blue,4,300][color=ghostwhite]destructive light[/color][/glow] blade] [unknown secondary ability][/i]
Corsair: Greatbow [i][fires [glow=grey,2,300][color=goldenrod]clockwork[/color][/glow] chainsaws][/i]
Corsair: Rifle [i][fires [glow=darkmagenta,2,300][color=purple]blackhole[/color][/glow] spheres][/i]
[/quote]
[/td]
[/tr][/table]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

-Empiricist action-

[quote author=sjm9876 link=topic=119572.msg4330014#msg4330014 date=1371570639]
[b]Assumning wrist is slit, run outside and yell '[color=brown]Rothon[/color]'  pointing hands in a random non person direction. Also not at myself. then say '[color=brown]Cainthalsaz[/color]', same conditions apply.[/b]
[/quote]

-sjm9876 action-

[quote author=SingularByte link=topic=119572.msg4330809#msg4330809 date=1371589733]
[b]I cut my palm over Flux's basin, then head outside the building and say words, making sure I'm closest to Jarvis when I say them.[/b]
[/quote]

-SingularByte action-

[quote author=Tsuchigumo550 link=topic=119572.msg4329869#msg4329869 date=1371565109]
((Toaster. You can fight me if you'd like.))

Draw rune A1/B11/B21 on the head of my hammer, so that activating it affects whatever the hammer HITS, not the hammer itself. Or at least plan it that way. If attacked, do this anyway then strike a defensive pose.
[/quote]

-Tsuchigumo550 action-

[quote author=Dansmithers link=topic=119572.msg4329995#msg4329995 date=1371570171]
"[glow=purple,2,300][shadow=green,bottom]Dammit.[/shadow][/glow]"
[b]Say WORLD ENDING WORDS.[/b]
[/quote]

-Dansmithers action-

[quote author=Zako link=topic=119572.msg4329572#msg4329572 date=1371549407]
[b]Try again to make that tattoo! It's got to work this time![/b]
[/quote]

-Zako action-

[quote author=javierpwn link=topic=119572.msg4329599#msg4329599 date=1371551929]
[b]Look at surroundings
Try to find my way back to the shipyard, then back to the forest.
Look for something to kill inside forest.
WORDS
[/b]
[/quote]

-javierpwn action-

[quote author=Onyxjew944 link=topic=119572.msg4330480#msg4330480 date=1371584214]
[color=#009922]"Well, that was pathetic. I almost feel disappointed."[/color]

[b]Zorhalth[/b]
[/quote]

-Onyxjew944 action-

[quote author=KineseN link=topic=119572.msg4331005#msg4331005 date=1371593275]
[b]Kin attempts to scratch the rune [color=lightblue]B9[/color] with his free hand from his memory to the side of the tree.[/b]
[/quote]

-KineseN action-

[quote author=Angle link=topic=119572.msg4331168#msg4331168 date=1371597338]
[b]Hit the lizard creature with a sporebomb in the face, then order my minions to spring in and melee it, while willing fungus to take root in it's lungs and consume it. If those don't work, will fungus to grow from the ground and block it's movement. If either of my minions is killed, will another one to form behind the lizard. Also jump around a lot, to make hitting em difficult.[/b]
[/quote]

-Angle action-

[quote author=Saurinae link=topic=119572.msg4329549#msg4329549 date=1371546952]
[b]Attempt to get it off me. Then attempt to pin it to the ground and break off one of it's remaining limbs and stab it to death with it.[/b]
[/quote]

-Saurinae action-

[quote author=kisame12794 link=topic=119572.msg4330798#msg4330798 date=1371589628]
[color=#00cc00]"Kill count, +1. Now, to the mausoleum!"[/color]

[b]To the Mausoleum! Be on guard for traps.[/b]
[/quote]

-kisame12794 action-

[quote author=ArchAIngel link=topic=119572.msg4330587#msg4330587 date=1371586098]
Hmm. This could be interesting.
[b]Say Zzers Harialltontal Adamenstiar Jubhal. Wonder if there is a word for horn or horns.[/b]
Meatshield? Meatshield. Also, would a horse let me get around faster? I figure that a horse is naturally faster than a human over long distances, so will travel be affected by my new mount? Assuming it succeeds, of course.
[/quote]

-ArchAIngel action-

If that doesn't work, then we can either cut NPC spawning and only have bosses around (I was going to say go back to the arena but I like exploring the world, plus there are things like remote god altars that would be hard to do in the arena) if NPCs take a lot of his time. Or cut the number of players. (in this post there are about 25 players, so something like 18 or 15?)

((That sounds like a good idea, and if PW still struggles, we can just get rid of the quoting altogether since although it is rather convenient, it carries far less importance than the game itself.))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: June 22, 2013, 07:37:46 am »

I would help but given my track record with games nowhere near this size I'll be more help as a player.

What if we cut out random encounters entirely and set all NPCs to a single location? This plus the in-post location and status.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 435