Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962071 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6330 on: July 04, 2013, 11:39:02 am »

We revealed our bit, please reveal yours.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6331 on: July 04, 2013, 11:44:45 am »

Just want to make sure there are no objections. You'll have your answers soon enough.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6332 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:31 pm »

Well, I was on team bismuth, in case you didn't notice. We never did get around to building that skyblimb.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6333 on: July 04, 2013, 12:31:24 pm »

Well, I was on team bismuth, in case you didn't notice. We never did get around to building that skyblimb.
Yeah, the base, project Iron Man, so many good ideas we didn't get to fully complete.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, we chose the name Bismuth because of a mix of stuff, from thinking of growing our base from a sentient seed, to that it started with B.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:33:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: July 04, 2013, 12:32:09 pm »

Yeah, I was Aether's spy on Bismuth.  That wasn't the fun part though, the fun was that I was also Bismuth's spy on Aether.

I was literally the entirety of both teams' military intelligence.  I even had plans to destroy Aether with Bismuth, and control Bismuth through proxy, but that ended with the game, sadly.  And I was soo close.

Ahh, well.

BTW, I call being the patron saint of deception.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: July 04, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »

You son of a bitch. Well played.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:36:40 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: July 04, 2013, 12:36:55 pm »

Dat double-agent.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: July 04, 2013, 12:39:46 pm »

I will have to ask, as someone on both sides, how did they compare?

Also who's side were you on first?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6338 on: July 04, 2013, 12:41:49 pm »

Yeah, I was genuinely afraid of that guy. No offense, but only a sociopath would be a better manipulator. But he was smart, so I listened to him. And I was certain that when the time came I would be able to wrest control of the team from him. That's why I tried to keep things democratic, so that no one man could gain too much power. Anyway, typing out the links now...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6339 on: July 04, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »

On another note, I'm thinking of putting together a perplexicon Roguelike. I sent PW a PM requesting permission, but I don't think he saw it, so I'll just post here. I've already got the beginnings of the thing programmed.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: July 04, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »

To the project subforum with you!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:34 pm »

You son of a bitch. Well played.

Dat edit :P

I will have to ask, as someone on both sides, how did they compare?

Also who's side were you on first?

Oh, Bismuth was way better, which is why I ended up choosing them instead.  They never killed their own members, at least.

Well, I was never really on your side.  I mostly just joined Aether to steal your words.  (Didn't you notice I never gave you the words I used?)  But I did join Aether first.  I joined Bismuth, oh, a day before you were talking about planting a spy?  That's why I volunteered.  Didn't want you finding out.

I wasn't on their side either of course, but eventually they grew on me and I started conspiring with Paris to take out Aether.

Yeah, I was genuinely afraid of that guy. No offense, but only a sociopath would be a better manipulator. But he was smart, so I listened to him. And I was certain that when the time came I would be able to wrest control of the team from him. That's why I tried to keep things democratic, so that no one man could gain too much power. Anyway, typing out the links now...

You do realize I had contingencies for that, right? :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: July 04, 2013, 12:47:29 pm »

Obviously you were corrupted and are speaking nonsense.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6343 on: July 04, 2013, 12:49:17 pm »

Oh, and by the way, we were kinda manipulating our team to agree on making a first strike on you. I knew he was only interested in obliterating you, but I was going for a more peaceful approach, simply trapping you in the temple and forcing you to either join our team or at least declare obedience. I knew from the way he was talking that you probably weren't interested in conflict, but it was another danger off the table and another way to add more members to our team and make us more powerful. And I totally wanted to kick some ass with my team.

Quicktopic:http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/MAYTrhyCL7qF
Projects and cutting edge spells:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKIHgPSVxL2n81tMD6VHzgFGcrIZ6K3t-q7tZ5xqTbs/edit?usp=sharing
Words and runes and stuff:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvFsNFGsoA1KdGNnMHpqdjJnbl9Bc3VUMzJ2MHpjdlE&usp=sharing
Map:https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/view/4fe2-91f0-518a4078-b892-7a6d0a000d50
Base plan and map:https://www.lucidchart.com/documents/view/46a9-816c-5196442d-ad95-3a4b0a0084b9

Not included in the projects is project Iron man, which I detailed in this quicktopic post:
Kind of what saddens me with this lack of updates is that I have so many great ideas but I am unable to test them. I'm going to list a few to get them off my chest. Since they focus on weaponized suit of armor, I've been thinking them as project Iron Man.

All pieces of armor get a mark of magic resistance.

My top tier weapon that takes advantage of the +1 to fire attacks my god gives: Clockwork Steel Glove Shootfromfinger Explosive Arcane Fire.
I was thinking of also making one that shot explosive black holes but it seems a bit too dangerous. Maybe something for last resort.
I also like the fact that I could use the "handguns" pun.

Something more destructive but also more focused: Clockwork Steel Glove WhatImpointing Destroy

Something for defense against projectiles: Clockwork Bracelet Infrontofme Repulsiveforce Slow Blackhole Wall

Something for (more) defense against magic: Clockwork Bracelet Infrontofme Steel Wall Resist Magic

Something to keep bad things away:
Steel Breastplate Repulse Blackhole Antimatter Lightning <something else, haven't decided yet>. Similar thing with the helmet <definitely poison for the helmet>.

This one's for Angle, since it allows him to control others with good Dex and Will rolls: Clockwork Steel Glove Whatimpointing Boosted(Don't know if it helps) Control

I was thinking about attaching some wings of Float Control to the armor to allow flight.

Don't know what to do with the legs and shoes...

EDIT:Oh, I forgot about the fun part. The blades:

Oblivion: Clockwork Sword Slow Solid Blackhole

Annihilator: Clockwork Steel Sword Destroy Magic (not so sure this will work)

Drainer: Clockwork Steel Sword Suck Pool (not so sure this will work)
I'm certain I can make something like that work with a glove. Would be useful for sharing pool with someone or draining an enemy mage while recharging your pool at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:51:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: July 04, 2013, 12:53:07 pm »

... Huh.

Well, I always had the secret opinion that 'If theres a world ending abomination why the fuck are we dividing up and not going full blast to ahnihilate that fucker'?
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 435