Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103093 times)

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:43 pm »

thanks to clear that up, in the other hand, do you have any plans about making abailable the 6 houses (adding the ashwastes nomads maybe?) or making playable the rats, remdes and/or pitslaves in fortress mode?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 03:42:45 am »

I'll probably include the Goliath, Cawdor, Van Saar and Escher via a plug-in entity file. The way I'm thinking now, they'll each have minor differences - Orlocks faster at learning mining, Goliath STRONG but slow learners, Escher fast and skilled at melee but with very crappy males, Van Saar faster at learning the metal crafts/mechanics, and Cawdor... not constantly at war with the redemptionists? I've no plans to make the other factions playable, since both Ratskins and Pit Slaves don't seem the type to hold down settlements and Ash Wasters aren't really that distinctive. I'd include each House as a separate civ, but there's loads of civs already and if I added any more you'd be swamped with caravans/invaders year-round.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 01:21:48 pm »

Nice! maybe cawdor can have weak newcomers but they appear faster and/or more, cawdor have lots of poor servants for the religion institution they have... ohh and redemptionist love to burn cawdors 'cause they are "traitors" For having connections with the underhivers AKA business...

In the other hand, oh well, with your permission I think I will mod the ratskins since I want to play as them And as I saw in "the redeemer" Comic they have very organised encampments, tribal and dirty, but organised :3

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:01 am »

Domefloor is intolerable. Let me know when you remove it.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2012, 08:43:14 pm »

I know that feel bro, in one side, I tryed playing without the "undigable" token active and it was extremelly easy to play, even loosing the esence of the MOD, so I returned to the normal state of the domefloor "mineral" What i think zimmer have to do is reduce how often the domefloor mineral appears in the world generator or something like that, not entirely remove it, since one importat part of the underhive is that they're living in the long forgotten wastes with a concrete so hard that is impossible to penetrate it with normal tools

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2012, 05:17:32 am »

Well, I got to thinking about it and realized that I should probably just deal with the fact that I'm not going to be able to build an underground bunker on every embark site.

As a more constructive criticism than my previous post: Have you looked into changing Adamantine to DomeFloor? Adamantine already appears in pillars, and I have seen aboveground adamantine pillars before, though only on ONE occasion.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

what does bitter moss do? i dont see it on the plant list.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2013, 03:08:36 am »

I know this is Christmas time, so there won't be any updates for a while, but what can we expect in the next update?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

I was wondering, why did you take out trap components? I made a large aqueduct and when i tried making a screw pump, i realized that you cannot make enormous screws. was it for balance? also, be wary when spawning on caves. my little wagon just left it's home right when 4 ripperjacks thought the same thing. it really didnt end well...
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Zombiearcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2013, 05:12:34 am »

Industry, can anyone tell me how to get it started? I have built pretty much everything I can before I need steel and fuel but I dont know how to get that going yet? Can anyone give me some quick pointers?  :-[

Edited to add,

Can anyone tell me how to gather corpse fingers? I planted it and the crop is just sitting there, can't figure out how to get my hivers to actually pick the damn things up.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:46:21 pm by Zombiearcher »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

This looks amazing. I knew abregados version, but hadnt seen this one. Currently looking through the raws.

Your REACTION:WORK_OUT wont do anything, because no item is created. Df only increases skills if something is assigned as product.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2013, 06:21:15 pm »

Then the reading desk will also do nothing, except for the lost book.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »

Mr. zimmer I have a frivolous question, I've been looking through your raws and I wonder how did you made or from where you copied the languages for the ratskins and scavvies

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2013, 06:01:43 pm »

Bump.

It needed to be said.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 06:29:30 am »

Bump.

It needed to be said.

Indeed.

Awesome mod. I have a few problems though...
1) Heavy Stubbers are beautiful... but they will be crewed by at least 8 people and their dogs at once, if one isn't careful.
2) junk is awesome, maybe too awesome (6 bucks per pile, about 100 bucks profit with a dabbling techie) but some of the stuff, like the servo engine and the metal torch, seem to be unusable in crafting. EDIT: Works now, probably problem with the bins.
3) Ink is expensive. Buggy expensive. I could literally buy a caravan with two flasks.
4)Ghost fingers are buggy; they don't even show up, instead you get an unnamed plant that isn't harvested, doesn't rot and is worth 100 bucks. I managed to fix this by copying some RAW-tags around, but I have no idea what i did.
5)It's pretty easy to survive by farming dogs. Maybe introduce another genderless caste?
6)Is there is a way to make "dome floor walls" smoothable? It would be pretty nice.
7)Reading books doesn't even stop skill decay.
8)(edit)I can't seem to produce fire save chains?
9) I just unloaded a medical crate and my game froze for a minute.... now there are 30 000 units of thread in my Receiving Bay :| (/edit)
10)This mod is awesome and you shöuld feel awesome.

I didn't read all of the thread, so some of this probably came up already. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:50:47 pm by Liber celi »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33