Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103430 times)

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2013, 01:02:32 pm »

Well, turns out it's actually not possible to disable Forgotten Beasts through conventional means. Nonetheless, I've released a new update which should fix the plasma smelter. I can confirm on a balance of probabilities that the other custom workshops are working fine. Guilders should now no longer bring along crates made of carapace, although their bodyguards will be weaker as a consequence (and you won't get free carapace armour when they manage to get themselves killed anyway.) They'll also bring loose gold bars in addition to golden items, silk and other precious things. Hivers can now bring assorted mechanical parts crates, which should be helpful if you need motors for industry and mini-servos for chain weapons.

Forgot to mention, but giant spiders are now trainable and breedable within fortress mode. They should make good watchdogs or hunters.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:06:17 pm by Suds Zimmerman »
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 14, 2013, 11:12:17 am »

I think if you remove (or was it remove all but the first tag?) all the RCP body parts, you will not get any randome creatures at all, which AFAIK is just FBs and titans.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2013, 11:24:20 am »

I think if you remove (or was it remove all but the first tag?) all the RCP body parts, you will not get any randome creatures at all, which AFAIK is just FBs and titans.
Demons. Werebeasts. FBs. Titans.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2013, 11:34:45 am »

Ah forgot those two, but if you want som anyway just define some.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:39 pm »

Well, I tried that, but that just seems to make the game crash on worldgen. I read a thread about jiggering around the tissues to prevent FB generation and having the game substitute the first creatures in the raws. I'll play around and see if I can make it work properly.

I'm also going to probably add in some other new creatures, since the officially sourced critters are mostly predators and the bottom of the food chain in the Underhive is pretty lonely at the moment. I suppose the various rats eat the fungus and vermin and are in turn hunted by spiders, croak hounds, pit things and maw-flukes? It seems like some herbivores would be helpful. I don't think rats and humans alone could support those populations. If anyone wants to design some pleasuible herbivores or creatures that subsist exclusively on small vermin, I'd appreciate that. Help me fill out the ecosystem and such.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:30 pm »

I'm back >___<

Man! I've been missing this mod so much! I finally finished and hand in my degree's work and all my other real life related duties.

I left the forums ashamed, knowing that I should had worked a lot more, but my thesis couldn't wait so I had to. But now I have a lot more knoledge and ALL the armok damn time in the world.

I want to help as much as possible.

For the time being, I can help with the creatures (and maybe new plants?)

Here's the flora & fauna I know exist in necromunda, from comic, rulebook or wiki:

Fauna:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For megabeast you can start with the ur'ghuls
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1930050a_99800112010_UrGhul01_873x627.jpg

well, that's pretty much it, if you need more info, cant find it or anything, just call, I want to redeem myself from leaving the mod.

see you later

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:10 am »

I'm finally out of midterm hell. If anyone has some suggestions for what to do with the mod next, I'm all ears. At some point I'll want to try my hand at making powered workshops so you can hook your lathes up directly to a bunch of water wheels or windmills rather than messing around with motors and fuel rods and such. It'd also come with steam-engine-like workshops that run on coal, prometheum or fuel rods so that you won't have to fill the map with windmills and watermills to power your industry. (Then again, I'm terrible with code, so who knows what will come of that.) As a more minor thing, I think the water still should be able to output regular water to buckets, because it's sort of silly for the wounded to die of thirst when there's barrels of pure water everywhere.

For the time being, I can help with the creatures (and maybe new plants?)

Here's the flora & fauna I know exist in necromunda, from comic, rulebook or wiki:

The problem is not so much a lack of creatures to put in so much as a lack of more benign critters to sit firmly at the bottom of the food chain - something that consumes fungus or the Underhive equivalent of plankton and various small insects that the nasty critters eat for sustenance. Grox are highly omnivorous and highly adaptable, but they're a highly prized off-world import and not a native species, and sligs are genetically engineered livestock that would rapidly go extinct if they existed only in the wild. Problem is the people at GW only put in the big scary and mean critters because nobody wants to stop and think about how things actually work in Warhammer 40k. Depleted deuterium bullets and all.

Plus, some of those are already in, although some don't show up that often. I don't know why but I haven't seen a plated creeper (which sounds about the same as a crawler) in ages. I know I need to get around to putting in Ambulls, and the sand-trout seem like a good fit for making the ecosystem a tad more believable.

I do like the plants, though. They'd work well with Splint's suggestion to make evil biomes more enticing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2013, 05:24:34 pm »

At some point I'll want to try my hand at making powered workshops
Roses and me are interested in this as well. Its possible with a C++ dfhack plugin, but it will be restricted to workshops (cant work on furnaces) and the gears will have to be build after the workshop has been build.

If you can get someone to actually write and compile this plugin, let me know. Warmist, Ag and Expwnent are the best people to talk to. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blackprince84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1 !help!
« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2013, 07:48:05 pm »

I have my fort up and running but no matter what i do it will not allow me to grind uraninite or tell me why not. All it will say is needs empty bag but I have 165 empty bags and 59 chunks of uraninite at this point am i overlooking some thing? please help.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

No, you're not missing anything. I accidentally an extra colon in the raws. Here's a fixed raw, drop it in your save and your game's raw folders.

blackprince84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31:57 pm »

Thanks now I can make my own fuel rods instead of having to wait for the traders.

DataTransfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:33 pm »

So uh, I don't know if I did something wrong or if I need to dick around with DFhack or something, but whenever I gen a world, either through normal worldgen or the Underhive one in advanced, it'll gen, the region will be in the saves folder, but I can't actually play, because I never get the "Play game" option in the menu. Sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere, too lazy to browse the whole thing, and i'm fairly sure I'm using 1.6.1

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2013, 05:05:12 pm »

No idea what could be causing that. I've never seen it happen, and it works perfectly fine on my end. Are you using the pre-installed version or the drop-in raws and whatnot?

DataTransfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »

I am using the pre-installed version from DFFD, and have not tried using the other one yet.

Also: I tested this on three different computers due to it being on a USB stick, same results across all of them. So I'm fairly sure it's not the computer.

Another edit: I tested it by replacing the raws on a normal DF, and this seems to work.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:50:34 pm by DataTransfer »

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2014, 08:35:28 pm »

This new version of Dwarf Fortress demands a new version of Underhive Settlement. This, Masterwork and Mario DF are the only mods I really play.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33