Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 86028 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!
« Reply #570 on: February 27, 2013, 09:52:57 am »

Welp.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 27, 2013, 09:55:10 am »

Not Welp
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:09 am »

Good game!

Whew, my early death evidently did something good... not. :P

That was one damn funny gambit, though, Tiruin.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:59 am »

Good game!

Whew, my early death evidently did something good... not. :P

That was one damn funny gambit, though, Tiruin.

Yeah, I should explain this to non-masons. The real mason team was Tiruin, TolyK, myself and ZU. Hapah was actually town. My greatest fear with that gambit was that Hapah was scum, then we'd be screwed.

Dariush, who did you try to doxx?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2013, 10:02:33 am »

Hah!  I knew it, Tiruin- I was tossing around the same fake reveal idea if I had rolled mason.

Well done, and thanks for saving me from a reread!  Sorry my participation sucked, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:49 am »

Damn. Damn. Damn. I knew ZU could be mason, (as I knew Toaster and Vector were definitely town). I should have seen this coming and lynched Tiruin instead of Hapah. I guess I panicked at the late hour and didn't think it through enough. I knew once Dariush died that I was pretty much doomed.

Two things:

One, Vector is good at reads, so kudos.

Two, although I was using it nefariously, I did actually compile an excel spreadsheet of votes and by looking at where they fell I was able to rule out several players as masons, and my technique legitimately showed Dariush to be guilty.

I only wish I'd had more analytical scumbuddies.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2013, 10:05:22 am »

Roles:
Townies:
Phantom of The Library Hapah
Captain Ford
Edosurist TheZoomZoll
Toaster
obolisk0430 Vector

Masons:
Tiruin
TolyK
zombie urist
Deathsword

Mafia:
Dariush
notquitethere
Urist Imiknorris
Nerjin

Mason role PM:
You are a "mason", and part of Leafsnail's trusted circle of hackers.  You are loyal to Leafsnail, and you know for certain that every other member of your trusted group is too. Your aim is to eradicate the traitors who brought down your leader, and you can do this by voting for them in the chat.

Unfortunately your previous contact with the rest of the leadership means that your computer is vulnerable.  A traitor attacking your computer would likely be able to get in, so you need to be careful not to let your identity as a mason be revealed.

The members of the masonry are as follows.  Please note that you may not privately communicate with any player, including your fellow masons.
Tiruin
TolyK
zombie urist
Deathsword

You if when [oops] all mafia goons are dead.  You lose if half or more of the living players are mafia aligned.

Mafia goon role PM:
You are a "mafia goon", a rebel against Pseudonym's leadership.  You are tired of the group's unethical actions, and want to see the criminal members brought to justice so that Pseudonym can return to its original goal of fighting corruption and greed.

Through advanced hacking techniques you can break into other people's computers and attempt to upload their details to the internet, thus allowing the authorities to arrest them.  This will work against the "masons" or leaders of Pseudonym, but if you target a regular member it will backfire and you will only expose yourself.

At any time you may send me a PM with "Kill/doxx player X".  If that player is a mason, they die.  If that player is a townie, you die.  Either way the deadline for the day will be set to a week after the kill goes through.

The members of the mafia are as follows.  Please note that you may not privately communicate with any player, including your fellow mafia members.
Dariush
notquitethere
Urist Imiknorris
Nerjin

You win when half or more of the living players are mafia aligned.  You lose if all mafia goons are dead.

Actions:
Day one:
Nerjin: Doxx Captain Ford, Phantom of the Library, Deathsword
Result: Captain Ford is a townie , suicide.

Urist Imiknorris: Doxx Phantom of the Library
Result: Phantom of the Library is a townie, suicide.

Dariush: Doxx Hapah, Deathsword, Tiruin
Result: Hapah is a townie, suicide.

notquitethere: Doxx Deathsword
Result: Deathsword is a mason, Deathsword killed.

notquitethere: Doxx Hapah
Result: Hapah is a townie, suicide.

Fun fact: The PotL/Hapah slot killed three of the four mafia members, and the last mafia member submitted him as a second choice.  Dude really looked like a mason.  I have no idea how Tiruin survived.

Mistakes
I was inconsistent in my spelling of "doxx" (I think it's meant to be dox?  eh).  This could have caused an issue as it was spelt differently in the mafia PM to the OP, but it was a fairly easy mispelling to make so I don't think it affected the game.

I didn't realize the "hide my online status" thing doesn't work in any meaningful way, allowing for people to potentially work out who submitted an action by looking at who was online at the time.  In future I'll just have a 24 hour delay for mafia picked things like that, allow delayed action submissions and also allow submission via a private quicktopic (with just me and that mafia member).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 27, 2013, 10:09:41 am »

The real mason team was Tiruin, TolyK, myself and ZU. Hapah was actually town.
...Fuck. That's one crazy gambit (though it was obvious that not all of you were masons).

I blame NQT for everything and Nerjin and UI for about 95% of everything.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:16 am »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2013, 10:11:50 am »

Oh, and deadchat.

http://quicktopic.com/50/H/UQhd2w9xhxEF

Leafsnail, you forgot to send me the deadchat upon my death. Not that it mattered in the end.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2013, 10:14:24 am »

Same here. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:14 am »

The ironic thing is, I was (on vote record) the most suspicious player by a long stretch having voted for more people and having more people vote for me than anyone else (ruling me out as mason or competent town). If you guys had actually paid attention to what I was saying and done your own analysis, I'd have been lyched ages ago.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:14 am »

In thy face! >:D This is just me seeing why nobody poked that gambit.

Hapah is always town. :3

Also, yeah. I figured ZU would be easy enough to blend in with the crowd, so I replaced him with the person I mostly thought would be town.

Or...would fear to be scum because of his townplay. So yeah... :P

Still, gg!

And DARN'IT. I knew NQT was scum! Well, wavering. Wavering being that you were leading in circles...always in circles. Made me suspect Toaster because of the brevity in his posts. But...there was something off once Vector got into you NQT. At least my intuition was right...but too late.

I love how Hapah killed most of the scumteam without trying. <3

The real mason team was Tiruin, TolyK, myself and ZU. Hapah was actually town.
...Fuck. That's one crazy gambit (though it was obvious that not all of you were masons).
Thanks for noticing :P

I have no idea how Tiruin survived.
Oh you.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:41:27 am by Tiruin »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2013, 10:47:07 am »

Yeah that was a good play Tiruin. Once I knew DS was definitely mason, I should have just lynched you next.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40